Prove there's a god.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#583187 Jan 5, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
It's strange how you people equate the word "touch" to child molestation.
It certainly explains your warped fear of being without a gun. LOL
Huh

North Richland Hills, TX

#583188 Jan 5, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm at work, dipshit. My kids aren't here...
Watch, in 30 minutes I'm off & you won't see me again today. Because I'll be at home with Mrs Redneck & the little Rednecks.
So much for your 24-7 bullshit.
So, you are stealing from your employer then, Johnny Fakeconservative. You are so full of Shiite that Charmin wants you as their spokeswhore.

Location hidden

#583189 Jan 5, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
A gun is an inanimate object. How can it kill?
A gun is a tool, and it's purpose is to kill.
Huh

North Richland Hills, TX

#583190 Jan 5, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
ugh...
sigh....
No, you haven't. All you've done is post your anti-gun propaganda. You've proven nothing.
A gun is an inanimate object. How can it kill?
Yes, your worthless Bon mot. I get it. You are an irresponsible gun owner because you have no idea how guns kill. Here. Chamber a round. Put it to your head. Pull the trigger. Demonstration concluded.

Try it first with just your finger. Then, submit a three page report on the difference. Whoops! That's right. Your finger didn't kill you but the gun did. Go figure.

“Rising”

Since: Dec 10

Milky Way

#583191 Jan 5, 2013
MYTH 4:"Honest citizens have nothing to fear from gun registration and licensing which will curb crime by disarming criminals."
"Gun control" proponents tout automobile registration and licensing as model schemes for firearm ownership. Yet driving an automobile on city or state roads is a privilege and, as s uch, can be regulated, while the individual right to possess firearms is constitutionally protected from infringement. Registration and licensing do not prevent criminal misuse nor accidental fatalities involving motor vehicles in America, where more than 40,000 people die on the nation's highways each year. By contrast, about 1,400 persons are involved in fatal firearm accidents each year.

Registration and licensing have no effect on crime, as criminals, by definition, do not obey laws. Indeed, a national survey of prisoners conducted by Wright and Rossi for the Department of Justice found that 82% agreed that "gun laws only affect law-abiding citizens; criminals will always be able to get guns."

Further, felons are constitutionally exempt from a gun registration requirement. According to the U.S. Supreme Court's decision in Haynes v. U.S., since felons are prohibited by law from possessing a firearm, compelling them to register firearms would violate the Fifth Amendment protection against self-incrimination. 8 Only law-abiding citizens would be required to comply with registration--citizens who have neither committed crime nor have any intention of doing so.

Registration and licensing of America's 60-65 million gun owners and their 200 million firearms would require the creation of a huge bureaucracy at tremendous cost to the taxpayer, with absolutely no tangible anti-crime return. Indeed, New Zealand authorities repealed registration in the 1980s after police acknowledged its worthlessness, and a similar recommendation was made by Australian law enforcement. Law enforcement would be diverted from its primary responsibility, apprehending and arresting criminals, to investigating and processing paperwork on law-abiding citizens.

In the U.S., after President Clinton, Attorney General Reno, and others announced support for registration and licensing, police response was immediate and non-supportive. Dewey Stokes, President of the Fraternal Order of Police said ... I don't want to get into a situation where we have gun registration." Other law enforcement officers responded even more strongly. Charles Canterbury, President of the South Carolina FOP said, "On behalf of the South Carolina law enforcement, I can say we are adamantly opposed to registration of guns." Dennis Martin, President of the National Association of Chiefs of Police reported, "I have had a lot of calls from police chiefs and sheriffs who are worried about this. They are afraid that we're going to create a lot of criminals out of law-abiding people who don't want to get a license for their gun.

Finally, a national registration/licensing scheme would violate an individual's right to privacy protected by the Fourth Amendment and establish a basis upon which gun confiscation could be implemented. More than 60,000 rifles and shotguns were confiscated in April, 1989 from honest citizens who had dutifully registered their guns with the authorities in Soviet Georgia (Chicago Sun-Times, April 12, 1989, The Atlanta Journal and Constitution, May 21, 1989). Could that happen in America?

http://people.duke.edu/~gnsmith/articles/myth...
Huh

North Richland Hills, TX

#583192 Jan 5, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Watch, in 30 minutes I'm off & you won't see me again today. Because I'll be at home with Mrs Redneck & the little Rednecks.
24-7 and a thief, too.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#583193 Jan 5, 2013
Mylan wrote:
There would be MORE stray bullets so you couldn't guarantee anything of the sort.
According to the National Self Defense Survey conducted by Florida State University criminologists, there is one Defensive Gun Use every 13 seconds, which is 2.5 million per year.

Statistics would disagree with you...

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#583194 Jan 5, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Typical libtard. Blame the gun, not the criminal... I guess it's the drug's fault for getting him high, huh?
It aint necessarily so wrote:
Do you believe that access to drugs should be limited by law? If so, why?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Access to drugs is already limited. You either need a prescription or know a dealer to get them illegally....
Yes, I heard.

Why is it like pulling teeth getting any information out of you people? Let's try it like this and see if you can still evade it :

Do you think that all drugs should be unrestricted by law? If not, why?
Huh

North Richland Hills, TX

#583195 Jan 5, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Thief. Stealing time from his employer. Documented for all to see.

You must be quite a productive member of society to be able to spread your stupidity on at least two Topix threads while claiming to be compensated by someone who certainly did not have 24-7 Topix posting as part of their advertised job description.

You're just an all-around low life. Gun crazy. Absentee parent. Functionally illiterate. Stealing from your employer. You disgust me, low life. And you live in the armpit of California. What a maroon.
Huh

North Richland Hills, TX

#583196 Jan 5, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
According to the National Self Defense Survey conducted by Florida State University criminologists, there is one Defensive Gun Use every 13 seconds, which is 2.5 million per year.
No link, low life? What's tha matter, you can ily halfway steal from your boss?
Huh

North Richland Hills, TX

#583197 Jan 5, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
This is the same low life clown that decries statistics whenever they don't match with his sick, twisted, gun-obsessed view.
Huh

North Richland Hills, TX

#583198 Jan 5, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
A thief has zero credibility. Thief.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#583199 Jan 5, 2013
More or less.
Your definition of agnostic is a bit too restrictive in one way, and too expansive in another. It really only means uncertainty about the existence of a god or gods. It isn't necessary to affirm that the question is fundamentally unanswerable.
And it doesn't address ultimate causes, just gods. There are other hypotheses apart from gods tentatively offered as solutions to the origins problems. We have to be agnostic about those as well at this time, but not necessarily forever. The question may well be solvable.
But however one defines agnostic, an agnostic still has the choice to believe in a god or not. That is why there are agnostic theists, and agnostic atheists.
Incidentally, whether you agree or not, you're agnostic by another definition of the word that I also use. I know that you don't know whether a god exists or not, whatever you claim. And that makes you agnostic about gods, like every other human being, whatever they claim.
You have no special senses, nor mental powers that I lack, nor access to any special knowledge not available to me. I know the answer to the god question is unknown to you just like it is to me.
I understand you're point.

But I still don't see how someone could "still has the choice to believe in a god or not" but be atheist and claim to not believe in the existance of any gods...

I'm not agnostic by any means. I am (by your standards) a gnostic theist. I know God exists.

“Rising”

Since: Dec 10

Milky Way

#583200 Jan 5, 2013
Myth 5#

Foreign countries are two to six times more effective in solving crimes and punishing criminals than the U.S. In London, about 20% of reported robberies end in conviction; in New York City, less than 5% result in conviction, and in those cases imprisonment is frequently not imposed. Nonetheless, England annually has twice as many homicides with firearms as it did before adopting its tough laws. Despite tight licensing procedures, the handgun-related robbery rate in Britain rose about 200% duri ng the past dozen years, five times as fast as in the U.S.

Part of Japan's low crime rate is explained by the efficiency of its criminal justice system, fewer protections of the right to privacy, and fewer rights for criminal suspects than exist in the United States. Japanese police routinely search citizens at will and twice a year pay "home visits" to citizens' residences. Suspect confession rate is 95% and trial conviction rate is over 99.9%. The Tokyo Bar Association has said that the Japanese police routinely "...engage in torture or illegal treatment. Even in cases where suspects claimed to have been tortured and their bodies bore the physical traces to back their claims, courts have still accepted their confessions." Neither the powers and secrecy of the police nor the docility of defense counsel would be acceptable to most Americans. In addition, the Japanese police understate the amount of crime, particularly covering up the problem of organized crime, in order to appear more efficient an d worthy of the respect the citizens have for the police.

http://people.duke.edu/~gnsmith/articles/myth...

Location hidden

#583201 Jan 5, 2013
Huh wrote:
You are so full of Shiite that Charmin wants you as their spokeswhore.
LOL.... That was funny (but true).
Huh

North Richland Hills, TX

#583202 Jan 5, 2013
Riverside Redneck steals time from his employer. What manner of job would allow such prolific, ignorant posting? What employer would allow their employees to spend an entire shift bloviating nonsensically on Topix. None, of course. rR is a low-life thief, a grifter, a commoner.
Huh

North Richland Hills, TX

#583203 Jan 5, 2013
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Yes, I heard.
Why is it like pulling teeth getting any information out of you people? Let's try it like this and see if you can still evade it :
Because he knows you have trapped him in another illogical fantasy.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#583204 Jan 5, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>A gun is a tool, and it's purpose is to kill.
You're still wrong.

A gun is a tool that can be used to kill, but so can a hammer.

A hammer's purpose is to hit objects much harder than a human hand could.

A gun's purpose is to shoot a projectile at a higher velocity than a human could.

Both are tools, both can be used to kill but neither are purposed to kill.

Get over your childish fear & you'll understand.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#583205 Jan 5, 2013
Huh wrote:
Yes, your worthless Bon mot. I get it. You are an irresponsible gun owner because you have no idea how guns kill. Here. Chamber a round. Put it to your head. Pull the trigger. Demonstration concluded.
LMAO!

If I did that, that would me ME killing, using a gun.

If I smashed my own head with a hammer, would you blame the hammer?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#583206 Jan 5, 2013
All drugs, no. Some should remain restricted.

They serve no purpose other than f_cking someone up and you know it (or at least you should).

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 1 min dollarsbill 6,402
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 1 min sangili karuppan 1,838
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 1 min sangili karuppan 7,475
gay bottom in gurgaon (May '14) 1 min Ajay 446
No one should blaspheme Prophet Mohammad, peace... 17 min MUQ2 835
The Christian Atheist debate 32 min BenAdam 1,939
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 34 min pusherman_ 599,406
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr WasteWater 272,403
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 4 hr Great Day of Arma... 612,892
More from around the web