Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL.... this reminds me of the joke, how many does it take to change a lightbulb....
Google "1% of 311,591,917"
Or this one: 4 out of 3 people have trouble with fractions!

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course they're loaded, they're for home protection!
What good does a locked up, unloaded gun do in an emergency?
Dumb ass.
I do not think a coward can be trusted with a loaded gun

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
the only gun that is completely safe is the one not yet manufactured
Are you forgetting squirt guns?:p

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
What will you name your baby if it is a girl? What if they're a boy?
Nah. "It" is better than "they."
Inanimate things - even abstractions of inanimate things like the phrase "inanimate things" - are also called "they," aren't they?
Lil Ticked wrote that "it" refers to a non-living thing.

So I guess LT doesn't consider dogs, cats or other animals to be living things, since oftentimes they are referred to as "it".

Then we have plant life- which is with only very rare exception always referred to as "it", so I guess LT doesn't consider plants to be living things either.......

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
What will you name your baby if it is a girl? What if they're a boy?
Nah. "It" is better than "they."
Inanimate things - even abstractions of inanimate things like the phrase "inanimate things" - are also called "they," aren't they?
And then we have boats, cars and other inanimate objects referred to as "she", so I guess Lil Ticked thinks boats, cars and the like are living things.......
endtime

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

PROOF Obama's ReElection = ANTICHRIST_______

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Lil Ticked wrote that "it" refers to a non-living thing.
So I guess LT doesn't consider dogs, cats or other animals to be living things, since oftentimes they are referred to as "it".
Then we have plant life- which is with only very rare exception always referred to as "it", so I guess LT doesn't consider plants to be living things either.......
Sorry to create additional complications, but countries and ships are she's for some strange reason.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

UR BS wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not forcing anyone. I would just like an answer. Where do you draw the line? You say the unwanted ones. Well lets see the kid is born with a defect so the parents don't want it is it OK to kill it then or just prior to it being born?
If it is a matter of WANT then how about when the kid hits the terible twos, can they kill it then?
There is a real easy way to handle it. Don't get pregnant. Then want doesn't enter the picture.
there is all kinds of Birth Control out there use it.
Rape or incest, is another story, imminent lethal danger to the mother is another story but simply as a means to flush something because you were too lazy to take precautions no.
people get pregnant by accident often.

complications develop that threaten the pregnant female's life

the fetus is found to have very serious complications.

there are many reasons to abort, none are any of your business.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

UR BS wrote:
<quoted text>
Anytime you would like to try me loopy let me know.
I won't need a gun for you. I enjoy hands on better anyway. More fun that way.
It would indeed be my pleasure to meet you.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

UR BS wrote:
<quoted text>
Well why don't you pass that law up there in the great frozen north?
we do not need law to keep us from killing one another

we are not idiots

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
an acorn does not have a soul.
that seed that is planted in a womans womb becomes a SEPERATE life after the first trimester.
a mere few weeks that being has its own pumping heart.
and identity.
but no proof of a soul

and

YOU are not god

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
people get pregnant by accident often.
Yes. I know of a case in which there was a two-vehicle collision at an intersection. A woman who was driving one of the cars ended up pregnant.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry to create additional complications, but countries and ships are she's for some strange reason.
One reason why boats are called 'she' is because they are traditionally given female names.
Nana

Olivet, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

I believe God is real. I always believed he was, but last spring when my daughter was thrown from a vehicle traveling at 60 miles an hour, crashing to the concrete, her face and scalp ripped off from her cheek across her nose, eye, forehead, and down the back of her head and left dangling beside her head, multiple fractures in her spine, face bones shattered, arms, back and legs, left open with no skin, just raw tissue, died twice - once in helicopter, once in first hospital who said they could not help her, hopeless case, and flown as a last ditch effort to another hospital where doctors looked at her and said it looked like a watermelon smashed on the floor. Surgeons meticulously worked for hours, despite having pieces of bone and tissue to try and build her a head and felt hopeless, though they felt the spirit to continue to try. They got through surgery. We were given no hope. Told to pray. Pray we did. She lived that first day surrounded by family and members of her church family. It was a horrific site to see my baby like that, breathing with a machine, blood and meds being poured into her, yet there was a wonderful feeling of love and we knew, we knew God was in that room with us. The warmth and the calm was unreal. Doctors said if she woke up from her coma, it would be a miracle. What kind of life she would have, that would be another story. No hope, no promises, yet, we felt God's presence in that room and knew everything would be good. God was in control. We prayed and waited, never wavering in our hearts that we would lose her. God brought her through that accident, and the surgery and we felt his love surrounding us as we waited in that room. It was like we were engulfed in his spirit and our faith became so strong. God never left her. God woke her up days later. She opened her swollen eye and looked up at her dad, turned and looked at her sister and said "what are you guys doing here?" She was returned to us 100%. The horrendous injuries to her head, fractures, hemorhages, hematoma, beyond a doctors ability to repair and God gave her back whole. Did it prove God is real. ABSOLUTELY WITHOUT A DOUBT. He is real and he loves you. He is waiting for you to talk to him and reach out for him. He will walk with you if you invite him. He performs miracles every day. People just don't pay attention. My daughter has a new name. It is Miracle. Every doctor and every nurse involved in her care use this name. As the surgeons explained, this was God's doing. There was no way they could save her from her devastating injuries. Her four children needed her still Their mommy was returned and she shares her faith and love of Jesus with them every day. God is real. God is love and God loves you. It is true.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
As are cars; doesn't bother me- I was just pointing out the lack of logic shown by Lil Ticked saying that "it" refers to non-living things. Of course, "it" is often used regarding animals and plants as well despite that they are living things while the other side of that coin is some things that are NOT living being referred to as "she".

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

OCB wrote:
<quoted text>I wasn't talking about the illegal use or sale of drugs.
And sorry- I don't know of any guns being manufactured illegally.
In fact, every gun that is now used illegally was at one point in time manufactured legally, sold legally and purchased legally.
Legal guns falling into the wrong hands by illegal means is nothing new.
Nonsense.

Given the power tools that I already have, plus a couple more from Sears, I can turn out several machine guns a week.

We teach shop in prisons.

Guns aren't magic - they're fairly simple mechanical devices.

Google "Carbine Williams".

Never mind: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Marshall_W...

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

endtime wrote:
PROOF Obama's ReElection = ANTICHRIST_______
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
WHO IS THIS?

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>One reason why boats are called 'she' is because they are traditionally given female names.
But cars aren't usually given names- female or otherwise- and not including the car Christine in the novel by Stephen King.

Yet cars are also often referred to as "she" and as Catcher pointed out, countries as well which also aren't given female names.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Nonsense.
Given the power tools that I already have, plus a couple more from Sears, I can turn out several machine guns a week.
We teach shop in prisons.
Guns aren't magic - they're fairly simple mechanical devices.
Google "Carbine Williams".
Never mind: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Marshall_W...
Okay- whatever.

If you're not against the sale of guns to ordinary citizens, that is your right.

I am against it and if guns sales to ordinary citizens was banned, it would result in a decrease of shootings and killings with guns.

BTW, I never said or even implied that guns are magic.

And just because guns COULD be manufactured illegally doesn't change the fact that guns which were legally manufactured and then legally sold didn't at some point fall into the wrong hands.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

590 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 6 min Blue Walker 115,639
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 7 min Charlie Sheen 256,983
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min June VanDerMark 533,616
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 13 min drDouchebag 38,485
GMO foods and you! 15 min Hidingfromyou 4
Producer Chris Diodati Planning More Remixes of... (Jan '14) 16 min jenstannick 2
00971569470225 Body to body massage in Abudhabi 18 min Bunty 35
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 51 min tony944 172,554
Does anyone do incest sex with your sister (Apr '12) 54 min rahx 124
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••