OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#582560 Jan 4, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you even read? I said she was smart for getting the abortion.
I'm all for it, stupid. It's better that she hit the abortion rather than having another kid they can't afford.
I read your entire post just as I ALWAYS do. I KNOW you said she was smart for getting an abortion.

But can YOU read? Just as it is the legal right of women to have abortions, it is just as legal for women to have kids- whether or not they can afford it.

And did you not read where I asked you if you've ever heard of accidental pregnancy?

And just because an unintended pregnancy might occur, that doesn't mean the knee jerk reaction should necessarily be to abort.

You are such a JERK.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#582561 Jan 4, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
What?! So if my gun is stolen & somebody uses it illegally, I get punished?
That's stupid.
That's like saying if your car gets stolen & the their kills somebody with your car, you get punished.
If you don't secure your guns, then you are responsible.

You really should give up that car analogy.

It makes you look more stupid than...

Nah.

I was going to say "than you are", but I don't think that's possible.

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#582562 Jan 4, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Typically conservatives have wanted drug use and abortion criminalized, but gun ownership unregulated. So they use one set of arguments for the first two, and the exact opposite for the other. When they want the government to let them have their guns, they get all "Don't Tread On Me." But they want that same government to prevent gay marriage and abortion.
.. can you possibly correlate this with the religious effect ??..

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#582563 Jan 4, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
See, you're a moron. Somehow you think it's safer that a person carries a gun around in a purse versus leaving it at home....
You can't read!

NOWHERE did I say I think it's safer to carry a gun around....that is what my NEIGHBOR thinks.

LEARN. TO. READ.

And I don't think there is ANYTHING safe about guns being owned OR carried around by ordinary citizens.

I think it's a travesty and a mockery of what the second amendment actually states and of what the intention of the second amendment was when it was originally written.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#582564 Jan 4, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
A line from Tombstone when Doc Holliday was drunk. His opponent's assertion was that Doc could see two of him.
Ah...

“O'si yo!”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#582565 Jan 4, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Sigh....I meant knock it off with the folksy "mama" and "papa" crap- can't you READ???
Sorry- an acorn is NOT a non-life!! LOL!! An acorn is ALIVE, you dolt.
And no.....plant an acorn and if the conditions are right, it will become an oak tree, but it has a long way to go before that happens.
Plant a seed within a woman and if the conditions are right, it will become a person, but it has a long way to go before that happens.
RR, how you can claim to be pro-choice when you are SO ignorant of the most basic of biology is really something.
an acorn does not have a soul.

that seed that is planted in a womans womb becomes a SEPERATE life after the first trimester.
a mere few weeks that being has its own pumping heart.
and identity.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#582566 Jan 4, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
its not them that I would worry about, but their friends. It would only take a second of their friends being in the room alone
Yep- and gun accidents among kids are all too common, just as gun accidents among adults is also all too common.

Yet I would also worry about RR's kids....what guarantee does he have regarding their long term mental and emotional stability and all the more when unstable emotions is pretty much part and parcel of being a teenager or young adult?

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#582567 Jan 4, 2013
Just a thought, the dichotomy of the posts here.

You have liberals defending abortion and saying a woman should have a choice.
These same liberals are now calling for more stringent gun control laws. Some even want an outright ban on guns altogether.

Then there are the conservatives, most of whom want no restrictions on gun ownership what so ever.
Most of these conservatives are also for restricting a woman's right to chose whether to carry a pregnancy to full term or abort it. Some even want an outright ban on abortion altogether.

Both sides then complain about the other trying to force their views/beliefs on the other.

Just an interesting observation....

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#582568 Jan 4, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
His second amendment rights are being threatened.
He and Ar Ar are now allies.
Aura is quite the puzzle.

He doesn't like that abortion is legal. He loves that guns are legal. He glorifies war.

Sure sounds like a Christian to me, yet Aura doesn't believe in a god.

With Established Harem

#582569 Jan 4, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe. I used to treat her better and feel better about her, but I can't tell if that's because she changed, or because it took me that long to appreciate the degree of her misanthropy. I don't see any effort at all on her part to be liked or likeable, or to make another person happy. Can that be? If so, I can't relate at all. And that's why I call her not fully human. Sure, she probably has 23 pairs of human chromosomes. But they can't all be working.
.. normally, I try to stay out of bitch fights ..

.. for some reason, Nano is bitter. I wish she'd tell us what we can do to establish peace ..

.. I grow weary of the constant battles ..

“O'si yo!”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#582570 Jan 4, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Not at all. Of course a baby is human provided it was BORN to a human. Just as a z/e/f is human provided it is within the body of a human.
And an acorn is still a seed despite it not being an oak tree.
Just as an acorn has the POTENTIAL to develop into an oak tree under the right conditions, a z/e/f has the POTENTIAL to develop into a baby under the right conditions.
NOWHERE did I say or at all even IMPLY that a BABY (born to a human) isn't HUMAN.
You are SUCH an IDIOT.
does an acorn have DNA?

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#582571 Jan 4, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I respect your opinion but my kids are very responsible and very level-headed.
If they weren't, there'd be no gun in their room.
I guess yours is a case of the apple having fallen VERY far from the tree.

With Established Harem

#582572 Jan 4, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
So all the gutter sl_ts can get knocked up & have it paid for by our taxes?
.. would you prefer the gutter sl*ts have abortions ??..

Elmont, Long Island NY

#582573 Jan 4, 2013
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
an acorn does not have a soul.
that seed that is planted in a womans womb becomes a SEPERATE life after the first trimester.
a mere few weeks that being has its own pumping heart.
and identity.
NEWFLASH: Belief in a SOUL is a religious belief. If that is what you are going to use for banning abortion, you are violating the 1st Amendment. You are free to exercise your religious beliefs as you see fit. What you are not free to do is impose those beliefs on anyone else. Freedom OF and Freedom FROM Religion, get it?

BTW The fetus only becomes a separate life after it leaves the womb while the mother is giving birth.

Jews don't believe the infant has a soul until it takes its first breath....going back to Genesis, when god breathe life into the clay and it became Adam

DON'T BELIEVE IN ABORTION DON'T HAVE ONE

SO SIMPLE YET SO DIFFICULT FOR THE RELIGIOUSLY INDOCTRINATED TO UNDERSTAND

Elmont, Long Island NY

#582574 Jan 4, 2013
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
does an acorn have DNA?
YES! DUH!

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#582575 Jan 4, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
Just a thought, the dichotomy of the posts here.
You have liberals defending abortion and saying a woman should have a choice.
These same liberals are now calling for more stringent gun control laws. Some even want an outright ban on guns altogether.
Then there are the conservatives, most of whom want no restrictions on gun ownership what so ever.
Most of these conservatives are also for restricting a woman's right to chose whether to carry a pregnancy to full term or abort it. Some even want an outright ban on abortion altogether.
Both sides then complain about the other trying to force their views/beliefs on the other.
Just an interesting observation....
Nothing unusual in the world of Topix.....

While I admit to finding this thread somewhat addictive, I also keep in mind that when all is said and done, no one comes away from ANY of these threads being of a different opinion or belief than when they came on.

However, I have learned a LOT in my time on Topix due to having done much research about any number of issues.

Still, there is a sense of futility since it is very rare indeed- if at all which I don't see being the case- that people change their opinions.

When I keep that in the forefront of my mind, it makes it much easier to not spend time posting and instead to pursue more rewarding and constructive activities.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#582576 Jan 4, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
YES! DUH!
As do unwanted puppies and kittens, but I guess UIF is okay with even MORE unwanted animals being born too.

Not enough homes for them and not enough GOOD homes for them any more than there are enough homes or good homes for the hundreds and hundreds of thousands of unwanted and unloved children and babies languishing as wards of the state or in group homes.

UIF thinks that EVERY SINGLE BEING- human or not- should be born.

What happens AFTER that is obviously of no concern or consideration to her nor does she see anything wrong with being born unwanted and unloved by the very person giving birth.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#582577 Jan 4, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
its not them that I would worry about, but their friends. It would only take a second of their friends being in the room alone
I'm not one of those parents that hides out behind a computer or tv screen.

I pay attention. I manage. I control.

I'm not worried about it.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#582578 Jan 4, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>I read your entire post just as I ALWAYS do. I KNOW you said she was smart for getting an abortion.
But can YOU read? Just as it is the legal right of women to have abortions, it is just as legal for women to have kids- whether or not they can afford it.
And did you not read where I asked you if you've ever heard of accidental pregnancy?
And just because an unintended pregnancy might occur, that doesn't mean the knee jerk reaction should necessarily be to abort.
You are such a JERK.
Ya, I agree. She exercised her legal right to choose....

They already have two kids. Husband was laid off for a few months, then she got laid off, too. I think they were smart to abort, they can hardly afford the two they already have.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#582579 Jan 4, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. I didn't say it was right, just legal.
And if a woman gets pregnant out of wedlock, she's already violating God's law.
I guess Mary had some "splainin" to do, eh?

Wait, laws weren't applicable in that instance.

Just that one.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 min RiccardoFire 265,436
I like underage girls (Apr '09) 11 min TexasCPChampion 16
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 11 min Remnant of 144000 39,384
Straight guys: Would you ever have intercourse ... (Jul '12) 16 min Trannyfucker 136
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 19 min confrinting with ... 560,432
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 26 min truth 605,329
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 35 min KiMare 96,851
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 37 min Lumajuice 441,821
More from around the web