Prove there's a god.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#582940 Jan 4, 2013
UR BS wrote:
<quoted text>
OH GEE LOOPY are you trying to hurt my feelings?
Well it isn't working. You see in order to hurt my feelings you would need two things.
First I would have to respect your intelligence, which based on the fact that you have none eliminates that one.
Second I would have to respect your opinion which is typical of all gay loopy residents.
So bottom line is I do not care what IT says.
You should be weary of what you respond to, if you want to mask your dependence on popular opinion. The very fact that you responded to such a post betrays that you actually think people's opinions of your matter, so you either need those opinions to fuel a low self image, or you are so ignorant as to think that you have to be something you cannot be, normal is not a trait of living organisms. I'd spend time studying your mental state but I have a couple of subjects who have such interesting psychosis to study already.

Since: Feb 12

Kaiserslautern, Germany

#582941 Jan 4, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You should be weary of what you respond to, if you want to mask your dependence on popular opinion. The very fact that you responded to such a post betrays that you actually think people's opinions of your matter, so you either need those opinions to fuel a low self image, or you are so ignorant as to think that you have to be something you cannot be, normal is not a trait of living organisms. I'd spend time studying your mental state but I have a couple of subjects who have such interesting psychosis to study already.
Ah yes the typical I am smarter than everyone else ploy.
Nope sorry but you show your true colors. Very easy to see.

“Jon Snow”

Since: Dec 10

The King in the Nor±h

#582942 Jan 4, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't say it's primary purpose is to kill a person. I said it helps killers kill more efficiently. And I would say that it's primary purpose is to kill - not necessarily humans, but any living being. All the other things that people do with guns are foreplay.
You of course do realize predators kill other things right?
If you can think you can evolve out of being one then I'll put you in the sun and water you twice a week. Killing other people is wrong mostly but not always and that need will never diminish either.
But the only answer to stopping insane people from killing in such a vulnerable place is security.

“Jon Snow”

The King in the Nor±h

#582943 Jan 4, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
lol

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#582944 Jan 4, 2013
UR BS wrote:
But you ranted on about that not being dehumanizing!
What is up with that?
And yes Agnostic.
Sorry if that is too hard for you to fathom.
By the way I have decided to blame everything on gays now.
I defended the possibility that it wasn't dehumanizing.

You said Karl had no intelligence, then called him an "it".

There was no mention of any gender skepticism on your part, like in KittenKoder's case with nano.

You're also getting into some anti-gay prejudice. That's always nice to see from a Christian. You're a Christian, right?

Kaiserslautern, Germany

#582945 Jan 4, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I defended the possibility that it wasn't dehumanizing.
You said Karl had no intelligence, then called him an "it".
There was no mention of any gender skepticism on your part, like in KittenKoder's case with nano.
You're also getting into some anti-gay prejudice. That's always nice to see from a Christian. You're a Christian, right?
Youralso remaining in some anti-christian prejudice thats always nice to see from a gay. You are gay right?

See how rediculous that is to automatically asociate things that have nothing to do with eachother to show your prejudice.

Kaiserslautern, Germany

#582946 Jan 4, 2013
Oh by the way it is back!

Welcome back KK.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#582947 Jan 4, 2013
UR BS wrote:
<quoted text>
Youralso remaining in some anti-christian prejudice thats always nice to see from a gay. You are gay right?
See how rediculous that is to automatically asociate things that have nothing to do with eachother to show your prejudice.
I thought you might be a Christian from your first post about being agnostic.

Most anti-gay Americans are Christians. Statistics make for a reasonable assumption.

Are you really Christian?

Are you really anti-gay?

Your credibility is shot, but I'm still curious.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#582948 Jan 4, 2013
UR BS wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go again assuming.
What I would do would depend on why the force was there. If the force were there to free me from a tyranical regime that openly tortured and killed it's own people I would more than likely help them
If they were invading just for the sake of invading then I would probably fight them and would have every expectation that they would kill me should they have the chance.
Now as to the whole I can't know line, please maybe you hide away in Mexico and burry your head in the sand but I work and I have spent time in both Iraq and Afghansitan along with numerous other Middle and far east countries. So prior to making such asinine statements you should step back take a deep breath and then don't say stupid things like that.
By the way as I said it is WAR, that is what WAR is about killing people.
That's just the means to an end...not the reason(objective).

Kaiserslautern, Germany

#582949 Jan 4, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought you might be a Christian from your first post about being agnostic.
Most anti-gay Americans are Christians. Statistics make for a reasonable assumption.
Are you really Christian?
Are you really anti-gay?
Your credibility is shot, but I'm still curious.
From someone that had no credibility to start wiht that hurts! No not really.

Think what you like. I jave said what I am and if you are too ignorant to see what I am doing with the gay thing then I pity you.

I guess it must be an atheist thing with you.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#582950 Jan 4, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
Typically conservatives have wanted drug use and abortion criminalized, but gun ownership unregulated. So they use one set of arguments for the first two, and the exact opposite for the other. When they want the government to let them have their guns, they get all "Don't Tread On Me." But they want that same government to prevent gay marriage and abortion.
Happy Lesbo wrote:
.. can you possibly correlate this with the religious effect ??..
How do you mean?

Fennario

#582951 Jan 4, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
.. normally, I try to stay out of bitch fights ..
.. for some reason, Nano is bitter. I wish she'd tell us what we can do to establish peace ..
.. I grow weary of the constant battles ..
I don't see that happening if it hasn't happened by now.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#582952 Jan 5, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Okay- whatever.
If you're not against the sale of guns to ordinary citizens, that is your right.
I am against it and if guns sales to ordinary citizens was banned, it would result in a decrease of shootings and killings with guns.
BTW, I never said or even implied that guns are magic.
And just because guns COULD be manufactured illegally doesn't change the fact that guns which were legally manufactured and then legally sold didn't at some point fall into the wrong hands.
The point I was making is that, since firearms are not that difficult to manufacture, any attempt to "ban" them will affect only the law-abiding who are prepared to go along with said ban.

It's impossible at this point to keep them out of the hands of anyone who really wants them and who is prepared to break the law to get them.

In other words, any "ban" will disarm only the law-abiding.
I'm not sure that that's a good thing.

Fennario

#582953 Jan 5, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
How can one be an agnostic atheist?
Agnostic is a person who holds that the existence of the ultimate cause, as God, and the essential nature of things are unknown and unknowable, or that human knowledge is limited to experience.
Atheist is a person who denies or disbelieves the existence of a supreme being or beings.
"Agnostic Atheist" sounds contradictory.
I do not claim to know that there are no gods, but I don't believe in any. That makes me an agnostic atheist.

FOUR COMBINATIONS of KNOWING and BELIEVING

If you BELIEVE there is a god, you are a theist. If you claim to know so, you are called GNOSTIC. Those who don’t believe are atheist, and those claim not to know are agnostics.

[1] Agnostic atheist – Does not accept the claim that gods exists, but doesn't claim to know that none do for a fact.

[2] Gnostic atheist - Believes that no god exists and claims to know so for a fact.

[3] Agnostic theist - Believes a god exists, but doesn't claim to know so for a fact.

[4] Gnostic theist - Believes a god exists and claims that this is certain knowledge.

Since you claim to have felt your god touch your head, I presume that you are a gnostic theist - you believe. Moreover, you are certain of your belief and consider it factual knowledge.

This is how an increasing number of people conceptualize the matter. It makes more sense to me than merging categories [2] and [3] together and simply calling them all agnostics. Sure, they're all agnostics. But do they also believe, or not? Are they also theists, or not.

This is the question that UR BS refuses to answer with a yes or no. You can see why I assume that the answer is yes, he believes, and won't say so.

It doesn't make sense to deny your atheism unless it is dangerous to do otherwise, which doesn't apply in this venue. I don't know why anyone would want to be a stealth Christian, either, but its fairly common on Topix.

In fact, it's the subject of one of IANS' Five Laws of Internet Proslytizers:

[4] IANS Fourth Law: Anybody calling himself an atheist, agnostic or deist who is arguing with the bulk of atheists around him is a stealth theist until proven otherwise.
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/TMVMHAPR8...

When they actually claim to be the atheists, they generally act like concerned allies and warn us to ease up the church, or refer to us as irrationally anti-church, as UR BS did. Such people are also called concern trolls. Here's a very good example of a concern troll from another thread. Note his description in the quote section :
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T...

“Jon Snow”

The King in the Nor±h

#582954 Jan 5, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>The point I was making is that, since firearms are not that difficult to manufacture, any attempt to "ban" them will affect only the law-abiding who are prepared to go along with said ban.
It's impossible at this point to keep them out of the hands of anyone who really wants them and who is prepared to break the law to get them.
In other words, any "ban" will disarm only the law-abiding.
I'm not sure that that's a good thing.

Exactly the only thing that won the wild west were the guys with the white hats. And we saw what prohibition brought banning guns will result in needless slaughters over guns and black markets for them.
Perhaps that's what they really want a bunch more senseless killing.
But what makes it worse is as you said , the law abiding people will be defenseless against the lawless.

I know otherwise good people who are buying guns now specifically law abiding ones and they do not intend to comply with any give up your gun schemes. So you see really good people who have done nothing wrong in their whole life would become criminals over a right that was written by the people as the second thing that the union of states could never take away. And they never will.

Fennario

#582955 Jan 5, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's state-by-state, but generally the charges are not so limited. Earlier, I set out the California law, and the response was, "What's your point?" It's a complex scenario, and I'm not going to get into it with this RU BS guy or others like him (I would with Buck though!!).
OK, and thanks for that input, amigo. And feliz año.
Catcher1 wrote:
On another subject. We know about a herd of cattle, a gaggle of geese, even a pride of lions. But are you familiar with these?

A congress of baboons
A parliament of owls
An exaltation of doves
A murder of crows

Que te parece?
LOL. Yeah, I enjoy those. I like all of that kind of thing, such as the names of the male, female and young of various types of animals, such as cob, pen and cygnet for swans, or stag, doe and fawn for deer (this list also includes some of the collective names you provided):
http://www.enchantedlearning.com/subjects/ani...

I also enjoy the various animal adjectives. You know canine and feline - doglike and catlike. But how about vulpine or ranine - foxlike and froglike?
http://www.phrases.org.uk/animal-adjectives.h...

I am also tickled by the various words used for animal sounds. Did you ever wonder what turkeys say in Turkey? American turkeys say "gobble gobble." But in Turkey, they say "glu glu." In English, a hen says "cluck cluck" and a rooster says "cock-a-doodle-doo," but in Sweden, they say "ock ock"and "kuckeliku."
http://www.eleceng.adelaide.edu.au/personal/d...

And finally, my own list for collections of various kinds of doctors:

A FESTERING of DERMATOLOGISTS
A HIVE of ALLERGISTS
A STY of OPHTHALMOLOGISTS
A DISIMPACTION of GASTROENTEROLOGISTS
A COMPLICATION of ORTHOPEDISTS
A HOST of PARASITOLOGISTS
A CLOT of HEMATOLOGISTS
A FIT of NEUROLOGISTS
A SHUFFLE of PSYCHIATRISTS
A MASS of ONCOLOGISTS
A DROOL of NEUROSURGEONS
A CONSTANT INFUSION of CARDIOLOGISTS
A SUBSTITUTION of PHARMACISTS
A CHUNK of PATHOLOGISTS
A TWEAK of GYNECOLOGISTS
A STUPOR of ANESTHESIOLOGISTS
A HEMATOMA of LAB TECHS
A SLEEPWALK of MEDICAL RESIDENTS
A FLOOD of UROLOGISTS
A CONTAGION of PEDIATRICIANS

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#582956 Jan 5, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
You of course do realize predators kill other things right?
If you can think you can evolve out of being one then I'll put you in the sun and water you twice a week. Killing other people is wrong mostly but not always and that need will never diminish either.
But the only answer to stopping insane people from killing in such a vulnerable place is security.
I don't understand what you are saying. I just said that a gun's primary purpose is to kill, and that it helps killers kill more efficiently. Do you disagree?

Fennario

#582957 Jan 5, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
How about prisons? Do you think that they should be privatized?
UR BS wrote:
Prisons in some locals are already privitized and they are much more efficient than the government run ones so yes by all means privatize the prison system.
Efficient? Is that so?

"The US and British governments have created a private prison industry which preys on human lives ... Last week two judges in Pennsylvania were convicted of jailing some 2000 children in exchange for bribes from private prison companies."
http://www.monbiot.com/2009/03/03/the-proceed...

Where's your efficiency data, or did you just generate it ex culo?

Since: Jan 13

Ashburn, VA

#582959 Jan 5, 2013
Prove is god there.Yes god is there.you can feel air but you cannot see it.but you can feel.you can see fire and feel it.fire can burn you.that is god.milk changing into curd is god.

“Jon Snow”

The King in the Nor±h

#582960 Jan 5, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>I don't understand what you are saying. I just said that a gun's primary purpose is to kill, and that it helps killers kill more efficiently. Do you disagree?
I'm saying we are predators we use anything and everything to kill with. The gun is not the problem the problem is us.
But yes guns are used to kill people , especially police with blue glaziers and hydra shock ammunition. But the primary use of a gun resides in the mind of it's owner.

Do I think they were intentionally designed to kill , yes but whether that is was for food or other people is not known.
Possibly and especially because humans have rarely gone more than 10 seconds in the last 5,000 years without a war somewhere.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 6 min Lifelover 619,168
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 16 min AussieBobby 284,451
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 27 min lightbeamrider 447
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 33 min Seentheotherside 45,788
Poll does anyone want to exchange nude pics? (Oct '13) 36 min Lukewad 47
The Future of Politics in America 44 min Johnny 131
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 44 min Neville Thompson 950
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr bad bob 184,654
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr kent 665,093
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 hr nanoanomaly 87,858
More from around the web