Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice try.
You can't prove that guns are made to kill, you can only say it.
And your word is shit, so......
You seem to know what they WEREN'T designed for.

How about filling us in, then, on what they WERE designed for.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I've got my beer.... I'm good :)
Are you good without your beer or does it take your beer in order for you to say "I'm good"?

Are you saying you need to ingest drugs (and alcohol IS a drug) in order for you to be able to say: "I'm good"?

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Police are instructed to shoot to kill?!?
You've got it backwards, my dear.
Not surprising.
Really?

Back that up.

Do you think they are trained to shoot to wound?

If you do, you're an idiot.

But we already knew that.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
To penetrate it. To stop the enemies advance, sometimes killing the enemy.
I know you think it means "to kill".
So tell me, why are so many more soldiers wounded rather than killed?
So you think that if they kill an enemy in armor, they stop and say "oops. Sorry". If a shot doesn't kill them, what do you think they'll do. Say "Ow. That hurt. I'm going home."

They're just going to be more pissed and you're going to be out of ammo, you dumbphuque. Do you have any idea how long it takes to reload one of those hand cannons?

So many are wounded because when you're getting shot at, you don't have a lot of freaking time to aim.

I keep telling myself that nobody can possibly be this stupid, but you keep proving me wrong.

You are an amazing human being.

Do you walk upright?

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?
Back that up.
Do you think they are trained to shoot to wound?
If you do, you're an idiot.
But we already knew that.
RR sure IS an idiot. While I imagine many police officers and military personnel do try to wound instead of kill and are instructed to only wound if at all possible, that doesn't change the fact that they are first and foremost trained to KILL and especially when they have judged that there is no other recourse.

That is part and parcel of being TRAINED to use a gun and that type of training is essentially only found in law enforcement and the military.

And I am sure that if RR ever felt he had to use one of his guns he would not only shoot to kill, but would shoot first and ask questions later.

He claims his guns aren't a threat to his kids; well, unless he keeps them at his side while at home at all times they are no threat to any would be intruders either; if he does keep his guns close to him at home at all times, his guns pose a much greater threat to him and his loved ones than they do to any intruder.

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

UR BS wrote:
By denying the existance of a god you remove the agnostic. There is a difference between saying that there is no proof and that it is impossible to know and making an afirmation that they do not exist.
I provided the definition I don't know what more I can do if you are too dense to understand it.
Likewise if a person believes in a god then they are not agnostic.
Atheist/theist and agnostic/gnostic answer different questions.

Do you believe in any gods? No = Atheist, Yes = Theist

If you do not, do you think you can know there are definitely no gods? No = Agnostic atheist, Yes = Gnostic atheist

If you do, do you think the god(s) you believe in definitely exist? No = Agnostic theist, Yes = Gnostic theist

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Interesting link with some stats on children killed by guns:

http://www.childrensdefense.org/child-researc...

I haven't read it all yet.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
So tell us, oh great swampy.
What DOES "to defeat armor" mean?
Light armor piercing or high heat thermite, or super kinetic depleted uranium rounds. If these wont work we can move the scale up
to meet the need . But why do you ask? Give me the criteria of demand and I shall exceed in improvise adapt and overcome.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
And your guns.
Great combination.
Guns, booze and stupid.
I have two guns , one for each of you.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Uh, no....I do NOT have it backwards. Police are trained to shoot to kill and are instructed to do so when there is no other recourse.
What do you think: Stop or I'll shoot!(said by a cop) means?
That you are correct but you didn't explain the Weaver, Wilson,Isosceles and shoot from the hip philosophies and the pros and cons of each with an explanation of the strong and weak points of each.
As a West Point Student you should have all these methods in your repertoire. As well as skilled with a sabre and the will of a soldier.

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

UR BS wrote:
Do you have a comprehension problem?
I believe in no Gods but I do not deny that they could exist.
I admit that I do not know if there are such things.
That is waht an agnostic is.
If you say that gods do not exist you are an atheist, if you say that some or all of the Gods exist you are a theist.
Dang would you get someone that can read to tell you what is written.
An atheist is exactly, not a theist.

A theist believes in at least one god, an atheist does not.

An agnostic says that it may not be possible to be certain about the existence of gods. That position does not tell you whether they believe in them or not.

Most atheists are also agnostic. Most theists, on Sunday morning in church, are gnostic. I think they go from agnostic to gnostic depending on circumstances. I've convinced theists to adopt an agnostic position, only to revert to a gnostic position when their conditioning kicks in.

Some are gnostic or agnostic all the time. We have several gnostic theists in this thread. I haven't seen them accept the faulty nature of claiming absolute knowledge. Other theists in this thread have accepted the faulty nature of such claims. That's all it takes to be agnostic. "Strong faith" is synonymous with gnosticism. Brainwashing or conditioning makes it possible for people to think they can know absolutely for sure about something.

Agnosticism is a position of uncertainty. It has no direction.

If you don't believe in any gods, by the definition most atheists here use, you are an atheist.

Are you really a Christian?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to know what they WEREN'T designed for.
How about filling us in, then, on what they WERE designed for.
To render the enemy units "combat ineffective"
Unlike police who are concerned with elimination of the opposition
entirely. Of course this could be a military goal, but the wise general will produce the SHOCK AND AWE necessary to reduce the loss of life to minimum as possible.

There is no one to rule after you have killed them all.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> To render the enemy units "combat ineffective"
entirely. Of course this could be a military goal, but the wise general will produce the SHOCK AND AWE necessary to reduce the loss of life to minimum as possible.
So the 26 people killed at Sandy Hook with legally purchased and owned weapons were "enemy units"? The people killed by a shooter at a Batman movie were "enemy units"? The students killed at Virginia Tech and Columbine were "enemy units"?

They were all enemy units who needed to be rendered "combat ineffective"?

What you say may apply to armed personnel in law enforcement or in the military but it sure as hell does not apply to ordinary citizens walking around armed- many of whom are armed LEGALLY.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> To render the enemy units "combat ineffective"
And "SHOCK AND AWE"- what a disgusting term that I guess you think is great since GW used it right before the illegal invasion of Iraq.

Funny that you have such a problem with the word "parasite" but no problem with the word "awe" being used as people are being blown to smithereens.

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

UR BS wrote:
Well you seem to se it very much different than I do. This is the way I see it.
Comparison chart
Agnostic
Atheist
Position:
An agnostic believes it is impossible to know if god(s) exist.
An atheist does not believe that god(s) exist.
Argument:
An agnostic believes it is impossible to know if god(s) exist.
An atheist disbelieves theistic assertions of the existence of a deity or deities.
So in my inter[retation of what is written an atheist is not an agnostic and a theist is not an agnostic, only an agnostic is an agnostic.
http://www.diffen.com/difference/Agnostic_vs_...
All people are either theists or atheists.

You either believe in at least one god, or you don't.

You can believe in a god, while accepting that your belief does not constitute absolute knowledge, making you an agnostic theist. You can withhold belief in gods, while accepting that it may be possible that they exist, making you an agnostic atheist.

You can stack these labels on top of each other because they answer different questions.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

OCB wrote:
<quoted text>So the 26 people killed at Sandy Hook with legally purchased and owned weapons were "enemy units"? The people killed by a shooter at a Batman movie were "enemy units"? The students killed at Virginia Tech and Columbine were "enemy units"?
They were all enemy units who needed to be rendered "combat ineffective"?
What you say may apply to armed personnel in law enforcement or in the military but it sure as hell does not apply to ordinary citizens walking around armed- many of whom are armed LEGALLY.

Please my friend, do not confuse between idiocy and sanity.

It has never been the goal of generals to take over a school of children.

Except the Taliban or such lower forms of thinking. It was monkey brains that think on such trivial terms.

We plan missions to the stars, not the overthrow of kindergarten.

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

UR BS wrote:
Well we are going to have to agree to disagree on this one.
How does one disagree to disagree? Have you not been agreeing to disagree all your life? Is this instance any different from any other when you have disagreed with someone? Have you ever refused to disagree with someone, even though you did actually disagree with them? How did that work, if you think you did that?

What would be a better way to express your sentiment?
UR BS wrote:
I see a distinction between all three and evidently you don't.
Not saying what is right or what is wrong I will chalk it up to differing opinions.
Do you believe in any gods?

Do you believe it's possible to know for sure that there are or are not gods?

If theists believe in gods, do they all claim to know for sure that their god(s) exist(s)?

These are Yes or No questions. Are you capable of answering them?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

OCB wrote:
<quoted text>And "SHOCK AND AWE"- what a disgusting term that I guess you think is great since GW used it right before the illegal invasion of Iraq.
Funny that you have such a problem with the word "parasite" but no problem with the word "awe" being used as people are being blown to smithereens.

Actually you are far removed from the truth as Shock and Awe is simply the ability to show the enemy or even appear to them that fighting is not going to be in their best interest. Therefore saving your life from resisting to your ultimate demise. Disgusting as it may be , it saved the lives of so many Iraqis who would have otherwise went through the meat grinder.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Please my friend, do not confuse between idiocy and sanity.
It has never been the goal of generals to take over a school of children.
Except the Taliban or such lower forms of thinking. It was monkey brains that think on such trivial terms.
We plan missions to the stars, not the overthrow of kindergarten.
You're talking about gun use in the military when what most people here are talking about is gun use among ordinary citizens.

The guns used at Sandy Hook were no less legal than the guns used in war.

The question was why were guns designed? You are trying to make it sound like they were only designed and/or invented for military use only.

Given how you gun nuts hide behind the second amendment in order to justify that you own arms and bear arms, the issue is with ordinary citizens owning guns- and NOT with trained military or law enforcement personnel.

Get a grip.(Which you probably will- on your gun.)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 552,881 - 552,900 of682,234
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

569 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 4 min -USA-1 37,968
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min hojo 512,965
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 9 min Habsburger 430
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 13 min Aerobatty 217,763
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 26 min Ratloder 110,134
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 32 min Ed Teach 52,606
Fake, Fraud & Blacklisted Company Lafenzer Elec... (Aug '13) 40 min sahil 39
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 40 min onemale 250,595
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr Dusty Mangina 89,734