Prove there's a god.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#582759 Jan 4, 2013
BadBreathBruce wrote:
<quoted text> The universe is not infinite and/or self sustaining. I'm no scientist, but I believe the Second Law of Thermodynamics says that everything in the universe is deteriorating, running down, decomposing, rotting, getting worse. Entropy (the NON-availability of energy in a closed system) is INCREASING. Without an OUTSIDE FORCE, the universe would simply slow down and eventually come to a complete standstill.
that is a very trivial understanding.

“Seventh son”

Since: Dec 10

Will Prevail

#582760 Jan 4, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a fetus, not a baby. Even if the federal law called it a teenager, it would still be a fetus.
<quoted text>
Nope. Not yet.
<quoted text>
Keep going.
<quoted text>
I was through with "the Iraq-ia"
You're not Miss Teen South Carolina, are you? Listen to this chick say, "the Iraq(a)" at 00:40 at http://snipurl.com/ro1l7
QUESTION: Recent polls have shown a fifth of Americans can't locate the US on a world map. Why do you think this is?
MISS TEEN SOUTH CAROLINA: "I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because, uh, some, uh people out there in our nation don't have maps, and, uh, I believe that our, uh, education like such as, uh, South Africa and, uh, the Iraq everywhere like such as and I believe that they should, uh, our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S. or should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries, so we will be able to build up our future for our children."
That's because they havve no reason to study fence jumping ducking and running tunneling and pole vaulting to try to escape Mexico.

90% of Mexico can locate the US on a map!
nith

Wenatchee, WA

#582761 Jan 4, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, ya. Less than 1% of Americans even get shot at, let alone killed by guns.
Statistically, you're very safe.
Thank you guns!
yes well technicly guns r not the prob. its the ppl that use them.
1 rly smart man wrote this statement on the back of his spare tire on his truck:
" blaming guns for killing ppl is like blaming Rosy O. donna for being fat " XD lol its true some ppl r just stupid and crazy. guns were not made to kill ppl. they were originally made for killing animals for food, not game, and for protection, not for stupid ppl XD

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#582762 Jan 4, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, ya. Less than 1% of Americans even get shot at, let alone killed by guns.
Statistically, you're very safe.
It is absolutely worthless to try and reason with you redneck. It is people like you that will make it a necessity to have VERY strict gun laws in this country. I'm sure other gun owners wish you would shut up.

1% of Americans would be around 312,000 people. In what bizarro world would something that kills THAT many people be considered safe? LOL...

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#582763 Jan 4, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>The insurance company does.
Ultimately, insurance companies do NOT. One can still have a legal medical procedure even if health insurance companies won't pay for it.

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#582764 Jan 4, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>There are many ways for a child to be injured or killed in the home. Should we also ban electricity?[that's a rhetorical question]:)
http://science.howstuffworks.com/science-vs-m...
My own daughter stuck my keys in an outlet while I was in the bathroom taking a shower and a teenage neighbor was watching her. She pried a safety plug out behind a table and went to town on that fascinatin' hole in the wall! She was very fortunate to be completely unharmed even though it knocked out the power, melted the key and toasted the leather holder the key was in. I think the leather was what saved her. It was very scary.
I believe that all we need to do is create a child-proof device to apply to the guns that will keep them from firing. Banning guns will only lead to more violent crimes against the innocent.
.. been thinking about this. How about a biometric fingerprint control on all guns ??..

.. after purchasing, new guns would require fingerprint identification before firing. Like safety belts in cars, the system would be mandated on all registered guns ..

.. implementing such a device would be relatively inexpensive but, if it can save one child's life, it would be worth it, especially if it were your child ..

.. want to go into business together? I'm a little short on capital right now but can offer fringe benefits ..

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#582765 Jan 4, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>I don't know why you bother with that idiot.:-/
I don't know why YOU bother breathing in and breathing out.

“Seventh son”

Will Prevail

#582766 Jan 4, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Actually he IS right and science DOES support what he said.
It's amazing how you're like a bucking mule and simply cannot accept the facts for what they are. You have offered nothing but opinion. Others have proven that you are wrong, and you still put on a public display. Amazing. Here, let's do it again;
http://www.ingentaconnect.com/content/bsc/jne...
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/7081298.stm
Last time I checked a placenta is the thing you throw in the bio hazardous waste disposal after the baby human is born numb nutz.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#582767 Jan 4, 2013
UR BS wrote:
<quoted text>
Tiy still keep beatiung that same dead horse. I have answered what my beliefs are and you are not happy with the answer so you want to twist around and try an get a different one. Your motives are clear as you have stated them fairly plain for anyone that can reason.
You want to show somehow that I am actually a Christian because then you feel that is some kind of victory for you in your little world. Well sorry I am an agnostic I have been an agnostic and will remain an agnostic until one or the other side can come up with sufficient proof to sway me one way or the other.
The fact that you and kitty feel that you can be both agnostic and an atheist or a thiest does not play in what I consider an agnostic. As far as I am concerned an affirmation in either direction removes the agnostic and you then become either a theist or an atheist.
So if you want to keep beating this dead horse go ahead you have received my answer and that is all there is.
you are so uneducated that you do not even understand the language you employ. You behave like a theist. Just so it is clear to you, I find you disingenuous, intractable and lacking in empathy, all characteristic of a christian.

this is the internet, claims are merely claims, we are all judged by that which we post. You post like a worthless christian.

“Seventh son”

Will Prevail

#582768 Jan 4, 2013
Besides the fact all information is never ever considered good information or even correct information. But it is information, which we can correlate into data some good some bad.
Placenta 'fools body's defences'
The placenta acts

: Exactly what I told you girlyboy.
A behavior is not a species.
But it is a way to explain modus operandi Something that went right over a little girls brain.

With Established Harem

#582769 Jan 4, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> My second job of blabfoolery on topix? So whats up with you :)
I know and actually I see two sides now , with both of them being wrong.
The truth is always hidden it seems, and becoming more so everyday.
Me no like dis.
.. sometimes it's difficult to stand up for what you believe in ..

.. it seems these issues are important to you so, I think, most regular posters understand ..

.. yesterday I posted something about law -vs- the constitutional amendment process. Catcher promised to spank me. There are dividends ..

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#582770 Jan 4, 2013
AJames1999 wrote:
And what about the virgin mary? How did she get pregnet without having sex? God thats how and what about when jesus calmed a storm? Riddle me that
First of all, there was no virgin Mary. No woman a couple thousand years ago got pregnant without some man having intercourse with her. I haven't read the stories but others here have talked about many other religions that base their beliefs on the virgin birth of 'their god' too.

If there was a real Jesus, which we have no proof of, but I see no reason to deny that somebody with some skills of talking to a crowd must have got the whole Christianity idea going, and if his mother was not married when she got pregnant, then she was impregnated before marriage either by her future husband or someone else, and those who created the subsequent stories just doctored that to make it seem like she was a 'pure woman' rather than some "tramp" (that is what they might have thought of an unmarried pregnant girl). It would be highly unlikely anyway, since all of the books talking about Jesus are believed to have been written at the earliest several decades after his death, that the real story of how 'Mary' got pregnant would have been known anyway.

I can just imagine if they were still alive the followers of Jesus going around telling everyone that 'you know that Jesus fellow; he didn't have a human father, or so I was told'.

Kind of on the same basis as people spreading stories that Obama is a Muslim or that he isn't really an American. Actually since we do know that Obama exists, the odds of a rumor about him being true, would be far better than stories about Jesus' birth.

“Seventh son”

Will Prevail

#582771 Jan 4, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, when you word it THAT way you are correct.
Key word - developing.
BUT that does NOT make a self sustaining human being.
You cannot make an apple pie out of apple seeds.
Are you not a self sus .......n/m

BUT that does NOT make a self sustaining human being.

We knew you were messed up.

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#582772 Jan 4, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Here:
www.nationmaster.com/country/uk-united-kingdo...
Click on "all crimes", then "compare to US".
UK has 133% more assault victims.
UK has 326X the drug offences.
UK has 125% more rape victims.
UK has 30% more software piracy.
UK has 25% more crime victims.
====
America has 5 times the population as the UK.
hmmm.....
Here's an interesting statistic from your link
Murder by firerams:
UK: 14
US: 9,369 (668X more than the UK)
Drug offenses:
UK: 183,419 per 100,000 people

With Established Harem

#582773 Jan 4, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i'll take waldorf off your hands. please skin, gut and send him packed in ice and i'll sell him to a local asian restaurant;)
.. this post is vile and portrays you as a little man ..

.. is that what you want everyone to think about you ??..

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#582774 Jan 4, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>If the drugs didn't exist, people wouldn't be able to use them.
If guns didn't exist (or at least were not made available to every single fool who wants one and passes the horribly perfunctory background checks), people wouldn't get killed with them.
That may be technically true.

How do you propose to go about uninventing drugs? Guns? Wheels?

And you confuse the ease with which guns (or drugs) may be acquired illegally with the more acceptable methods.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#582775 Jan 4, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
I think that I am more at risk from the guns owned legal, than from any illegal guns.
To be clear, if a gun which you own legally, is taken from you and used on me (against the common peace) I consider that to be an assault caused by a legal gun,(even though it was stolen from you) the reason for that view, is that had you not owned the gun legally, the thief would have had no opportunity to steal it.
Hmmmm so if someone robbed you of your cash some night and used the money to buy a used meth pot,cooked some bad shit and somebody who used it dies. I hold you responsible for having that legal cash on you for him to steal and fund his deadly behavior.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#582776 Jan 4, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's an interesting statistic from your link
Murder by firerams:
UK: 14
US: 9,369 (668X more than the UK)
Drug offenses:
UK: 183,419 per 100,000 people
That settles it,the Brits are too wasted to shoot straight. Thats why the murder rate is lower. Thanks for clearing that up.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#582777 Jan 4, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>It is absolutely worthless to try and reason with you redneck. It is people like you that will make it a necessity to have VERY strict gun laws in this country. I'm sure other gun owners wish you would shut up.
1% of Americans would be around 312,000 people. In what bizarro world would something that kills THAT many people be considered safe? LOL...
Umm....math has never been a strong subject for me, but 312,000 people would be 10% and not 1%...I think.....:-)

1% would be 31,200 people- STILL a national disgrace.

And still quite bizarre for RR to think that is no big deal.

It is a VERY big deal to the surviving loved ones of those 31,200 killed and it affects probably a good 4 times more people than the 31,200 killed.

Let's look at the 26 people killed at Sandy Hook. It affects the parents, siblings, other relatives, friends, neighbors and colleagues of those people, so I'm gonna venture to guess that at least 2,000 people were affected by those 26 deaths.

BTW, adorable kitty cat on your avatar!

“Seventh son”

Will Prevail

#582778 Jan 4, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
I think that I am more at risk from the guns owned legal, than from any illegal guns.
To be clear, if a gun which you own legally, is taken from you and used on me (against the common peace) I consider that to be an assault caused by a legal gun,(even though it was stolen from you) the reason for that view, is that had you not owned the gun legally, the thief would have had no opportunity to steal it.
I should listen to you about anything because?
Get real karl , I am an American you can stay up there and never worry about me.
But you are scared I will eventually come up there.

I have experience with Cans, nearly all bad .
They cheat on Ebay.
They talk crap on the internet.
Some of them (you) have skewed opinions.

And You know you are scared we will come up there.
Problem is we aren't the ebay ripoffs like you people are.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min Rosesz 646,782
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 10 min Steve III 44,711
Talk to Demi Lovato (Jul '08) 10 min Shawn091 720
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 24 min It aint necessari... 49,240
Antwan Carter 28 min SnowBunny1 4
How to solve racism (and sexism) once and for all 1 hr John 8
Bring back thd human sexuality forum? 1 hr jonie061 8
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 2 hr Annaleigh 105,649
topix drops human sexuality forum.......this be... 10 hr taylorr 25
More from around the web