“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#582587 Jan 4, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess Mary had some "splainin" to do, eh?
Wait, laws weren't applicable in that instance.
Just that one.
Mary didn't have sex.

But good point, I'll amend my statement to:

Women that have sex out of wedlock are already disobeying God.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#582588 Jan 4, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>And you won't be- unless should the day come that you realize you SHOULD have worried about it.
Of course, by then, it would be too late.
But I guess you think your kids having a gun in THEIR room makes them as manly as YOU are having a gun in YOUR room.
Funny that you don't get that you having guns and your kids having guns do not make any of you MANLY.
It makes ALL of you COWARDS and WUSSIES.
Spoken like a true anti-gun nut.

I never said guns make one manly, that's your misinterpretation.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#582589 Jan 4, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Where did I say her carrying a gun in her purse is "more responsible"?
I didn't. And I also said what ****COULD**** be called responsible gun owners- that they COULD be called that doesn't mean they absolutely are.
I don't think it's a great idea that she carries a gun, but as I said, they are gun NUTS.
But at least they exercise SOME responsibility by keeping the majority of their guns locked up in a safe- so unlike YOU, they are at least somewhat responsible.
You are nothing more than 100% IRRESPONSIBLE.
That's your opinion, nothing more.

Thanks for sharing!

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#582590 Jan 4, 2013
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
does an acorn have DNA?
Yes, an acorn has DNA.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#582591 Jan 4, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
.. normally, I try to stay out of bitch fights ..
Even when the shirt gets ripped off?

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#582593 Jan 4, 2013
UR BS wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't like it to bad.
What?

San Francisco, CA

#582594 Jan 4, 2013
UR BS wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right legally I do not based on the SCOTUS decision.
What?

San Francisco, CA

#582595 Jan 4, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not one of those parents that hides out behind a computer or tv screen.
I pay attention. I manage. I control.
I'm not worried about it.
What line of work are you in, RR?

Are you a watchman or something like that?

You HAVE mentioned your "shift."
no beginning no end

Dahlonega, GA

#582596 Jan 4, 2013
I have felt him!
He has nothing to prove to you...you will find out when you die, and you will also find out if hell exist, wow what if he is real, you will only see him for a moment before you are shiped to hell..oh if it is real.
He has shown me he is real!
I know he is real, and no one can prove to you he is real, that's something you have to find out for your self!

Since: Feb 12

Kaiserslautern, Germany

#582597 Jan 4, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
even if birth control were 99.99% effective, considering the number times people screw, that's a lot of unwanted pregnancies.
You can look it up on the NIH website, 58% of women getting an abortion were married with children and were using birth control. The most common reason for terminating the pregnancy was that the couple couldn't afford another child. What would you have them do, have another child and put the whole family into financial hardship, possibly even needing public assistance?
First you complain about abortion then
You'd complain about families having too many children and requiring welfare.
as for when should abortion be restricted. How about when the brain and nervous system are developed enough to be capable of thought and feeling. That's well into the 3rd trimester, and if a woman wants an abortion at that point, its most likely because something has gone terribly wrong with the pregnancy or the fetus is severely deformed
Lets try and look at this logically.

The Pill is over 98% effective. A condom is over 95% effective. Combine the two and the chances of an accidental pregnancy is infinitesimal.
So I don't really buy into the whole it was an accident thing.
When my wife and I decided we did not want anymore children but still wanted the chance to change our mind later we took appropriate steps to prevent it. She used the pill and a spermacide while I used a condom.
All I am saying is be responsible.
Nothing is as black and white as everyone would like us to think but my main problem with abortion is the cavalier attitude toward it taken by most. It is a very serious issue. There is a life being terminated.

San Francisco, CA

#582598 Jan 4, 2013
It seems Skombolis is alive and, well, he's alive anyway, going hot and heavy on the Why Should Jesus Love me thread. One example:

Larry, I know you care about Topix this much. You and your socks manipulate icons and you have spent a year following some dude around the internet as your business in real life goes under because that is how mad you got over an internet chat-room.

You should to pray to your god that you never talk to and that you don't know anything about for some common sense and perspective. Poor guy, you wasted a year obsessing over another dude. I take it you never got a new car right? You don't have to buy it from where I work but sheesh Larry, you are going to be living in a cardboard box if you keep this obsession up!

Kaiserslautern, Germany

#582599 Jan 4, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
What?
Still no comprehension on your part I see.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#582600 Jan 4, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
For protection..
Wrong! Protection is only HALF the answer.

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#582601 Jan 4, 2013
UR BS wrote:
<quoted text>
The Pill is over 98% effective. A condom is over 95% effective. Combine the two and the chances of an accidental pregnancy is infinitesimal.
When my wife and I decided we did not want anymore children but still wanted the chance to change our mind later we took appropriate steps to prevent it. She used the pill and a spermacide while I used a condom.
Nothing is as black and white as everyone would like us to think but my main problem with abortion is the cavalier attitude toward it taken by most. It is a very serious issue. There is a life being terminated.
Please take a statistics course and concentrate of probability. Okay so the pill is 98% effective.....
that means out of 100 sexual intercourse events, there will be 2 failures.
Now stop and think how many sexual intercourse events there are in a population of 330 million. Even if we take 1/3 of that 330 million as sexually active, that's 110 million sexually active people, how many sexual intercourse events do you suppose occur. Even with a failure rate of 2% that's a lot of unwanted pregnancies. But not everyone uses the pill, and for other birth control methods the failure rate is even higher.

Then there is the always unplanned sexual intercourse event...with no protection

The statistic of 58% of women getting an abortion being married with children who were on birth control comes from the NIH.

as far as the cavalier attitude, how do you know that? Have you interviewed anyone getting an abortion? Do you know someone who has gotten an abortion?

Can you please provide you source for this information? Was there a survey that you can reference about the cavalier attitude?

Or as I suspect, you just made that up?

BTW, My parents wanted to stop at 5 children and used birth control. I have 6 brothers and sisters.

So much for birth control always working.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#582602 Jan 4, 2013
UR BS wrote:
<quoted text>
98% effective means that for every 100 times a condom is used, there are 2 failures.
That's infinitesimal?
With a could hundred million in this country having sex?
You need to look at those numbers a little closer.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#582603 Jan 4, 2013
OCB wrote:
Because your kids have been "trained" to not "mess around" with guns you think that is a guarantee that they never will?
Good point. Adam Lanza was trained. Seems Nancy Lanza made a lot of bad decisions and all of them had to do with guns.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#582604 Jan 4, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
What line of work are you in, RR?
Are you a watchman or something like that?
You HAVE mentioned your "shift."
Construction supply sakes. I got the cakest job right now. Half the day I'm sittin my happy ass at a desk, taking orders, the other half I'm playing on Topix.

I don't have a computer at home, which is why you don't see me here at night, ever.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#582605 Jan 4, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong! Protection is only HALF the answer.
What's the other half?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#582606 Jan 4, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
98% effective means that for every 100 times a condom is used, there are 2 failures.
That's infinitesimal?
With a could hundred million in this country having sex?
You need to look at those numbers a little closer.
2% failures. Just like the atheist population.

Kaiserslautern, Germany

#582607 Jan 4, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
Please take a statistics course and concentrate of probability. Okay so the pill is 98% effective.....
that means out of 100 sexual intercourse events, there will be 2 failures.
Now stop and think how many sexual intercourse events there are in a population of 330 million. Even if we take 1/3 of that 330 million as sexually active, that's 110 million sexually active people, how many sexual intercourse events do you suppose occur. Even with a failure rate of 2% that's a lot of unwanted pregnancies. But not everyone uses the pill, and for other birth control methods the failure rate is even higher.
Then there is the always unplanned sexual intercourse event...with no protection
The statistic of 58% of women getting an abortion being married with children who were on birth control comes from the NIH.
as far as the cavalier attitude, how do you know that? Have you interviewed anyone getting an abortion? Do you know someone who has gotten an abortion?
Can you please provide you source for this information? Was there a survey that you can reference about the cavalier attitude?
Or as I suspect, you just made that up?
BTW, My parents wanted to stop at 5 children and used birth control. I have 6 brothers and sisters.
So much for birth control always working.
Take a chill pill girl dang you'll give yourself an aneurysm.

Notice that I stated which you convienetly failed to mentio the combination of multiple forms of birth control. So why don't you take a statistics course, then you can tell mewhat the probability is of the Pill at 98% combined with a condom at 95% combined with a spermacide at 90%. Now combine all three of those and then give me a failure rate.
That is what is called being responsible.
As to your parents I have no idea what they were using or even if they were using anything so that little nugget is of no impact.
as to the attitude all you need do is read these threads and even just read your own posts.
Unplanned sexual intercourse? So now we are expected to say Oh no problem they had to do it right this moment so it is all OK. They would have died had he not slammed it to her at the instant!
Please it is called responsibility.
And by the way I do know someone that has had an abortion, and I know someone that was pressured to get one by Planned Parenthood and refused.
So step down off your high horse but be carefull it is a long way down.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min Anthony MN 586,319
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 24 min Paul Porter1 442,990
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 29 min Halle Berry Sister 176,583
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 30 min Neelakaran 6,446
Das Leitbild der Aztec Group 30 min xoxobella25 6
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 50 min Halle Berry Sister 2,324
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 51 min lovewithin 40,250
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr TIM958 611,961
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 2 hr Rosa_Winkel 99,360
More from around the web