Prove there's a god.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#582729 Jan 4, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course the NRA contends it, Arthur Kellermann is a well-known anti-gun nut. Any "study" of his would be absolutely bias.
Not at all. But think what you will. Or DON'T think; after all, that IS what you do best.
Forum carlsbad nm

Hobbs, NM

#582730 Jan 4, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm putting an end to the whole "UK is safer than US" crap.
It's not.
Go there, you're 125% more likely to be raped.
Men rape women because they want to hurt them or because they
do not know how to love them?

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#582731 Jan 4, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure, and all the other people in America that are NOT murdered.
So because of all the other people in the USA who are NOT murdered- that is your justification for gun ownership by private citizens???

You think the reason I have NOT been murdered is BECAUSE of guns??

You are not only a gun NUT, you are an all around NUT.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#582732 Jan 4, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
science does not support your position.
Actually he IS right and science DOES support what he said.

It's amazing how you're like a bucking mule and simply cannot accept the facts for what they are. You have offered nothing but opinion. Others have proven that you are wrong, and you still put on a public display. Amazing. Here, let's do it again;

http://www.ingentaconnect.com/content/bsc/jne...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/7081298.stm

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#582733 Jan 4, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Then stop the damn wars and leave us peaceful gun owners who have done nothing wrong alone!
the guns you own are a threat to all of us, and a threat to the common peace. Those were "legal guns" used at sandy hook. What specifically do you propose to do as an individual, responsible owner of legal guns, to keep the guns you own from being involved in an incident such as sandy hook? and What do you propose, as a person who advocates private gun ownership, that the nation (law makers) do to prevent the guns you propose to own, from being involved in an incident such as sandy hook?

Location hidden

#582734 Jan 4, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>It is a developing human being
Yes, when you word it THAT way you are correct.

Key word - developing.

BUT that does NOT make a self sustaining human being.

You cannot make an apple pie out of apple seeds.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#582735 Jan 4, 2013
UR BS wrote:
<quoted text>
The gun does no one any good if it is locked up and unloaded. What are you going to do tell the home invader to hold on a minute while I unlock my safe and load my gun?
No way the real way to keep guns safe is to ensure that everyone that will have a chance to come in contact with is fully trained on the proper and safe handling of the weapon.
My son started at 3 years old and can handle the weapons perfectly. Ny wife doesn't care for them so if I am going to be away from home and my son is also going to be gone they get locked up in my safe. Any time I or my son are at home there are guns, ready for use.
There are many ways for a child to be injured or killed in the home. Should we also ban electricity?[that's a rhetorical question]:)

http://science.howstuffworks.com/science-vs-m...

My own daughter stuck my keys in an outlet while I was in the bathroom taking a shower and a teenage neighbor was watching her. She pried a safety plug out behind a table and went to town on that fascinatin' hole in the wall! She was very fortunate to be completely unharmed even though it knocked out the power, melted the key and toasted the leather holder the key was in. I think the leather was what saved her. It was very scary.

I believe that all we need to do is create a child-proof device to apply to the guns that will keep them from firing. Banning guns will only lead to more violent crimes against the innocent.

Location hidden

#582736 Jan 4, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Then you understand gun or not you are at risk. Regardless of who says what , or laws saying it.
I think that I am more at risk from the guns owned legal, than from any illegal guns.

To be clear, if a gun which you own legally, is taken from you and used on me (against the common peace) I consider that to be an assault caused by a legal gun,(even though it was stolen from you) the reason for that view, is that had you not owned the gun legally, the thief would have had no opportunity to steal it.

Location hidden

#582738 Jan 4, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
You think the human reproduction cycle is a parasitical event?
I've no thinking that most of topix has any ability to understand anything , aside from a whole 1 maybe 2%.
You know, I and many others (rational skeptics) are capable of understanding an oposing point of view even when we disagree. You appear to be like a religious person, having almost zero empathy.

What do you propose, as a person who legally owns guns, to personally do, to prevent the guns you own from becoming involved in crime?

Location hidden

#582739 Jan 4, 2013
UR BS wrote:
:
You know the Federal Law you refuse to acknowledge that names it, Child in Utero. That baby.
You can say that a dogs tail is his 5th leg all you want but that doesn't make it so. The fact is it's NOT a baby, it's a fetus.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#582740 Jan 4, 2013
OCB wrote:
So because of all the other people in the USA who are NOT murdered- that is your justification for gun ownership by private citizens???
Well, ya. Less than 1% of Americans even get shot at, let alone killed by guns.

Statistically, you're very safe.

Thank you guns!

“Jon Snow”

Since: Dec 10

The King in the Nor±h

#582741 Jan 4, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. Aura, AIN was making a comparison, I saw the correlation in a religious construct, found it interesting. It had nothing to do with your post. I was simply connecting dots ..
.. what in the world is going on with you ??..
My second job of blabfoolery on topix? So whats up with you :)

I know and actually I see two sides now , with both of them being wrong.
The truth is always hidden it seems, and becoming more so everyday.
Me no like dis.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#582742 Jan 4, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. I know you support equal rights so, couldn't understand the post. Now I get you - you lost patience. Thanks for explaining ..
i'll take waldorf off your hands. please skin, gut and send him packed in ice and i'll sell him to a local asian restaurant;)

Location hidden

#582743 Jan 4, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
derp
No argument there, I am pro-choice.
Go kill your baby if you want.
Oops, I mean fetus.
Right. You can't keep them from hating the kid for being born, so why not just get over with and save the kid from a miserable life with them, hmm? Sure, why not? After all, being alive ain't so special. Is it?

>:[

Location hidden

#582745 Jan 4, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
every person has the right to medical procedure.
You have no say in the procedures I elect.
The insurance company does.

Location hidden

#582746 Jan 4, 2013
Forum carlsbad nm wrote:
<quoted text>
Men rape women because they want to hurt them or because they
do not know how to love them?
There is no such thing as a “typical” rape, However, there are a lot of common elements. One of the most common is that it is a crime in which the goal is to take power, not sex, from the person.

Location hidden

#582747 Jan 4, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> You can have my guns , but first you can have my bullets.
Epically lewd crude and rude I know...sorry.
It's the way that it is.
this attitude should prevent you from owning guns, any gun owner who makes a threat that he considers using his guns against another person, should loose his license to own.

You are such a deluded paranoid, I certainly do not wish to live next door to you and your guns.

“Jon Snow”

Since: Dec 10

The King in the Nor±h

#582748 Jan 4, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text> Because it is FACT.
"Summary
Keeping a gun in the home carries a murder risk 2.7 times greater than not keeping one, according to a study by Arthur Kellermann. The National Rifle Association has fiercely attacked this study, but it remains valid despite its criticisms.
The study found that people are 21 times more likely to be killed by someone they know than a stranger breaking into the house.
Half of the murders were over arguments or romantic triangles.
The study also found that the increased murder rate in gun-owning households was entirely due to an increase in gun homicides only, not any other murder method.
It further found that gun-owning households saw an increased murder risk by family or intimate acquaintances, not by strangers or non-intimate acquaintances. The most straightforward explanation is that the presence of a gun increases the possibility that a normal family fight or drinking binge will become deadly. No other explanation fits the above facts.
Argument
Most people keep guns in their homes for self-protection. The image of an unknown criminal breaking into your house is an important one for gun advocates, because it justifies keeping a gun in the home. But to gun control advocates, a gun in the home means that a family fight or a drinking binge is more likely to turn deadly. Which view is more accurate?
In an attempt to answer this question, a team led by Dr. Arthur Kellermann of Emory University conducted a survey of 388 homes that had experienced homicides.
(1) They found that 76.7 percent of the victims were killed by a spouse, family member or someone they knew, and there was no forced entry into the home 84.3 percent of the time.
Strangers comprised only 3.6 percent of the killers. However, the killer was never identified in 17.4 percent of the cases.
Of the 420 homicides they originally investigated, 96.4 percent were illegal.
Only 3.6 percent were ruled legally excusable homicide (that is, self-defense).
After eliminating the impact of other variables like illegal drugs and domestic violence, the researchers found that the risk of getting killed was 2.7 times greater in homes with a gun than without them. No protective benefit of possessing a firearm was ever found, not even for a single one of the 14 subgroups studied."
http://www.huppi.com/kangaroo/L-kellermann.ht...
They took the guns from the engrish so they used katanas to hack themselfs to death so they took the katanas from the engrish
now they club each other to death. OUTLAW STICKS!

Location hidden

#582749 Jan 4, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Mama & Papa is "folksy" to you?
LMAO, I call my parents Mama & Papa.
You city-folk is weird.
I don't know why you bother with that idiot.:-/

Location hidden

#582750 Jan 4, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
You lesbians all bitch about getting knocked up.
But you cant turn a baby into a parasite no matter how hard you want to. Even if you think you are one.
your wife has the legal right to terminate her pregnancy, you do not get a say.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 9 min kent 665,091
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 34 min AussieBobby 284,448
Queen Cleopatra was clearly Black. White people... (Aug '10) 41 min Johnny 1,209
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 44 min bad bob 184,652
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 51 min Seentheotherside 446
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 hr nanoanomaly 87,858
People should start looking after the earth 1 hr UnderstandPeople 61
The Future of Politics in America 3 hr guest 127
More from around the web