Prove there's a god.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#582451 Jan 4, 2013
OCB wrote:
The guns used at Sandy Hook were no less legal than the guns used in war.
Wrong, they were stolen...

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#582452 Jan 4, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Why are the police given guns and not knitting needles to fight crime?
For protection.

I'm sure you'd answer; "To kill", but you're wrong.

Many cops go through their entire career w/o killing anyone...

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#582453 Jan 4, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
I disagree. Your posting suggests otherwise. You are aware of the cost of having guns in the home, and you refuse to acknowledge the data or care about it.
Why would you say that? You abviously don't pay attention too well.

I've posted many times that the key to gun safety is gun training & education. My kids have been shooting their whole lives and are fully capable of handling guns safely.

I've got a little bag next my desk, it says on it "IANS' f_ck you's"...

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#582454 Jan 4, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet you'd be pissed to know that my kids have a 22 in their room...
Ammo too? If so, you are without any doubt an UNFIT parent.

"Every day in the U.S., guns cause the deaths of 20 children and young people under the age of 25.1 In 2005, 3,027 young people age 19 and under died from gunshot wounds.2 Of these deaths, 1,972 were homicides; 822 were suicides; and 173 were the result of unintentional shootings.3 Firearms were used in 46% of suicide deaths among persons under 25 in 2005.4

http://smartgunlaws.org/minimum-age-to-purcha...

RR, you really are a total, utter and complete AHOLE.

That you allow your kids to have a gun in their room doesn't piss me off- it saddens me.

You don't deserve to have children and I find it very sad for THEM that you do.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#582455 Jan 4, 2013
Why do you feel that you need protection? I don't, and never have.
I've never needed one for protection, either. I hope I never do.

But if I need one, I have one...

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#582456 Jan 4, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong, they were stolen...
Wrong. The guns had been legally purchased by Adam Lanza's mother.

You can argue that HE stole them all you like- they were legally purchased and legally registered weapons.

His mother was wrong to allow Adam to be able to access her guns without her permission, but you are no less wrong in allowing YOUR kids to have access to YOUR guns.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#582457 Jan 4, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I've posted many times that the key to gun safety is gun training & education. My kids have been shooting their whole lives and are fully capable of handling guns safely.
And your kids are just as capable of handling guns UNSAFELY.

You really are an IDIOT.

Since: Feb 12

Germany

#582458 Jan 4, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
People here do eventually show themselves for what they are, don't they?
You did that very early on.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#582459 Jan 4, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
the point is: that the gun was too handy, that the gun needs greater restriction so that in the future it will be less handy.
the gun is designed as an efficient killing machine.
Tell me, RR what contributions are you prepared to make, to reduce the kind of incident we saw at sandy hook
You've already asked me that.

And I already answered.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#582460 Jan 4, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
For protection.
I'm sure you'd answer; "To kill", but you're wrong.
Many cops go through their entire career w/o killing anyone...
You MORON! Just because many cops go through their entire careers without killing anyone doesn't change the fact that they are not only licensed to kill, but are trained to shoot to kill.

That many cops never have to kill- or even shoot- anyone during their entire careers is a GOOD thing, but it doesn't change the fact that they are licensed to carry guns and trained to use guns to KILL.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#582461 Jan 4, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
This from an idiot who doesn't know that the way to KEEP guns SAFELY is to keep them in a gun SAFE and to keep them unloaded because I have NO reason to think that your guns are not fully loaded- including the 22 in your kid's room.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#582462 Jan 4, 2013
I support a woman's right to choose. I do advocate for prenatal care for pregnant women that want their babies, and for government funding of such care where helpful.
WTF?

So all the gutter sl_ts can get knocked up & have it paid for by our taxes?

Ya, that'll make the gubment smaller....

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

#582463 Jan 4, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
Doesn't matter, makes no difference...

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#582464 Jan 4, 2013
Freebird USA wrote:
What psychobabble.
Your new avatar is the Stars and Bars? Yikes. It makes me think of the Dukes of Hazzard, NASCAR, mullets and moon pies.

Weren't you flying the Jolly Roger a few days ago? May I suggest a Gadsen flag next? It suits the outlaw in you.

Germany

#582465 Jan 4, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Your "if-then" statement is not true.
<quoted text>
By who? I require direct quotes or links. I also don't accept other peoples conclusions by fiat. I found yours to be lacking, so I rejected it.
<quoted text>
I think it was when you linked her use of a pronoun to the Holocaust that I became concerned.
<quoted text>
You still haven't demonstrated any stooping. You've just asserted it. That's not good enough.
<quoted text>
That is not my contention.
The response has no bearing on my contention.
Let me sum this up on time.

I made the comment to her. She had lowered herself and it doesn't matter whether you approve or not.
I am done trying to educate you on the subject.
It was a derogatory comment made directly at another person and was despicable.
Don't like it to bad.

Germany

#582466 Jan 4, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>This from an idiot who doesn't know that the way to KEEP guns SAFELY is to keep them in a gun SAFE and to keep them unloaded because I have NO reason to think that your guns are not fully loaded- including the 22 in your kid's room.
The gun does no one any good if it is locked up and unloaded. What are you going to do tell the home invader to hold on a minute while I unlock my safe and load my gun?

No way the real way to keep guns safe is to ensure that everyone that will have a chance to come in contact with is fully trained on the proper and safe handling of the weapon.

My son started at 3 years old and can handle the weapons perfectly. Ny wife doesn't care for them so if I am going to be away from home and my son is also going to be gone they get locked up in my safe. Any time I or my son are at home there are guns, ready for use.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#582467 Jan 4, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Again?
ugh.....
Guns are designed to shoot a projectile at high velocity on an intended vector.
Disingenuous and evasive, as usual.

What is a bullet designed to do?

Penetrate a paper target?

Seems a little overkill (pun intended) to me.

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

#582468 Jan 4, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>So did Adam Lanza.
Just answer the question- where do you keep your guns in your home?
Just because your kids know how to shoot doesn't mean they won't shoot someone or have an accident with your guns.
This happens a LOT- accidental shootings when kids- and kids the age your kids are- are messing around with guns which they have no business having ANY access to.
And you laugh at the idea of a gun safe? RR, you are an irresponsible gun owner and an irresponsible parent.
Once again...
851 accidental shootings in 2011. From FBI.gov .
In a population of over 300 million that sure is a lot.
That is like 1 accidental shooting for every 350,000 people.
Fear monger much?
Not all of those accidental shootings resulted in death or involved a child.
Less than 3% of violent crimes in this country involve an assault rifle.
Instead of spouting of random crap how about looking up some actual statistics..

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#582469 Jan 4, 2013
OCB wrote:
And the second amendment clearly states: A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
Well, we don't have militias anymore and haven't for quite some time- well regulated or not.{{{SNIP}}}
Wrong again, OCB...

In District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008), the Court ruled that the Second Amendment protects an individual's right to possess a firearm, unconnected to service in a militia.

Sorry about your luck.

Germany

#582470 Jan 4, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>You MORON! Just because many cops go through their entire careers without killing anyone doesn't change the fact that they are not only licensed to kill, but are trained to shoot to kill.
That many cops never have to kill- or even shoot- anyone during their entire careers is a GOOD thing, but it doesn't change the fact that they are licensed to carry guns and trained to use guns to KILL.
So am I so what's your point?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min wherearethegods 690,403
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 28 min wherearethegods 41,851
Trump's "Russia Worries" louder than the noon sun 2 hr Doctor REALITY 16
Would the world have been better off...without ... 2 hr Doctor REALITY 11
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 3 hr Tony 6,595
Bring the jobs back to the USA! 10 hr Big Al 565
our STORE is starting on politics 13 hr Kill Your Television 3
More from around the web