Prove there's a god.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#582251 Jan 3, 2013
UR BS wrote:
Well we are going to have to agree to disagree on this one.
How does one disagree to disagree? Have you not been agreeing to disagree all your life? Is this instance any different from any other when you have disagreed with someone? Have you ever refused to disagree with someone, even though you did actually disagree with them? How did that work, if you think you did that?

What would be a better way to express your sentiment?
UR BS wrote:
I see a distinction between all three and evidently you don't.
Not saying what is right or what is wrong I will chalk it up to differing opinions.
Do you believe in any gods?

Do you believe it's possible to know for sure that there are or are not gods?

If theists believe in gods, do they all claim to know for sure that their god(s) exist(s)?

These are Yes or No questions. Are you capable of answering them?

“e pluribus unum”

Since: Dec 10

primus inter pares

#582252 Jan 3, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>And "SHOCK AND AWE"- what a disgusting term that I guess you think is great since GW used it right before the illegal invasion of Iraq.
Funny that you have such a problem with the word "parasite" but no problem with the word "awe" being used as people are being blown to smithereens.

Actually you are far removed from the truth as Shock and Awe is simply the ability to show the enemy or even appear to them that fighting is not going to be in their best interest. Therefore saving your life from resisting to your ultimate demise. Disgusting as it may be , it saved the lives of so many Iraqis who would have otherwise went through the meat grinder.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#582253 Jan 3, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Please my friend, do not confuse between idiocy and sanity.
It has never been the goal of generals to take over a school of children.
Except the Taliban or such lower forms of thinking. It was monkey brains that think on such trivial terms.
We plan missions to the stars, not the overthrow of kindergarten.
You're talking about gun use in the military when what most people here are talking about is gun use among ordinary citizens.

The guns used at Sandy Hook were no less legal than the guns used in war.

The question was why were guns designed? You are trying to make it sound like they were only designed and/or invented for military use only.

Given how you gun nuts hide behind the second amendment in order to justify that you own arms and bear arms, the issue is with ordinary citizens owning guns- and NOT with trained military or law enforcement personnel.

Get a grip.(Which you probably will- on your gun.)

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#582254 Jan 3, 2013
UR BS wrote:
I answered the original question and you can read anything you like into it
There were two questions and you answered one. You declined to answer the other one four times. I'm sure that you had your reasons. I can only speculate what they were.
UR BS wrote:
but the fact still remains that I am an agnostic ...
Yes, I know. You told me, and I accepted that. The question you avoided is whether or not you are also a theist.
UR BS wrote:
... and do not need nor desire anyone to approve or disapprove of my belief system.
Of course not. It seems that you also don't want anybody to know what you believe, either. No problem. I'll just guess.

Fennario

#582255 Jan 3, 2013
UR BS wrote:
Your continual rewording of the same question that had been answered shows your insecurity and need to try and make yourself feel important.
I think you misjudged my need. I was merely looking for a way to confirm my suspicion that you are a stealth Christian calling himself an agnostic. For some reason, it's fairly common.

And no, you never the answered the question whether you accept any god claim,that is, believe in any god. All you said was that whatever you believed, that you didn't consider it certain. But the fact remains that you have refused to answer the question five times now. That's fine. Just as in a court of law when a defendant refuses to answer a question, the jury is free to decide why.
UR BS wrote:
I am sorry for you that you have such low self esteem that you must resort to those type tactocs to try and gain self worth.
Confidence and self-esteem have always been issues for me. I'm a very insecure guy.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#582256 Jan 3, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually you are far removed from the truth as Shock and Awe is simply the ability to show the enemy or even appear to them that fighting is not going to be in their best interest. Therefore saving your life from resisting to your ultimate demise. Disgusting as it may be , it saved the lives of so many Iraqis who would have otherwise went through the meat grinder.
Gee- I didn't know that unarmed civilians- with MANY of those being children and BABIES- were the "enemy".

It also destroyed the lives of many Iraqis as well.

Look, prior posts of yours over several months proved that you think war is great and your posts of today help to confirm that and show that you glorify war.

Not interested in discussing this with you any further.

Fennario

#582257 Jan 3, 2013
UR BS wrote:
AS to your calaim that only a Christian would disagree with your question again shows your need to try and bolster your own ego. Why would only a Christian not agree with it?

You wrote that, "I think it would be nice if there was a God" My claim was that only a Christian would refuse to agree with this response to that:

IANS wrote "I don't know what "a God" means, but if it means Jehovah-Jesus, I have to disagree. That would be very bad - nearly the worst thing that could be true. I think we can agree that it would be better for mankind if we all went to sleep after death than for the overwhelming majority of us to suffer eternal torment."

See if you can find a non-Christian - somebody that does not believe in your god or the doctrines of original sin, salvation and damnation - that wishes that your god, hell, Satan, and eternal torture for the overwhelming majority of souls was better for man than oblivion.
UR BS wrote:
I didn't answer it bacause it was a sham question on your part wich is typical of you.
That's not credible. I think that you didn't answer the question about what you believe, or agree that the universe would be better off without Jehovah-Jesus running it because your answer would be embarrassing to you now. I think that you are a Christian, and feel backed into a corner. I can't think of a single other reason for your behavior.
BadBreathBruce

Christchurch, New Zealand

#582258 Jan 3, 2013
Have faith wrote:
God does exist... The proof is all around us... How everything moves, and works together so perfectly. It's impossible to say there is no creator. I have proof there is a God. But with unbelieving eyes, and with a hardened heart against Him, you can't find proof. He has givin me joy and peace. He has filled me with overflowing love! He wants everyone to accept that His son, Jesus Christ died for them, but people don't want to see it or believe it. The devil is trying to take everyone to hell with him, so he turns them against God. God says that anyone can come to Him. You just have to accept that His son died for you. Now, a lot of people don't want to hear it... That's why it's hard for some of you to understand. The devil is trying to get you to join Him. It's all about the fight... The choice... It's yours to make because God gives it to you freely. There are ony two choices... Serve God or satan. You cannot serve yourself. If you're living for yourself and not serving God. You are serving the devil. My God has givin me plenty of proof. He has answered many prayers and I have been blessed by Him richly!:) I feel His love everyday and I wish everyone could share that feeling. But I know some of you don't want to let Him in... He's calling you though. It's your choice whether you want to answer or not.
Great testimony!! May God richly bless you!!

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#582259 Jan 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Are you gonna now say that sperm are parasites?
Awww... what's the matter redneck, biology not agreeing with your views? LOL...

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#582260 Jan 3, 2013
UR BS wrote:
Not needed. Legal responsible gun owners take the needed precautions.
Metaphorically, you're gnostic about responsible gun ownership.

There may be no such thing as a responsible gun owner, because all gun owners are human, and have the capability of becoming irresponsible at any time.

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#582261 Jan 3, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
All people are either theists or atheists.
You either believe in at least one god, or you don't.
You can believe in a god, while accepting that your belief does not constitute absolute knowledge, making you an agnostic theist. You can withhold belief in gods, while accepting that it may be possible that they exist, making you an agnostic atheist.
You can stack these labels on top of each other because they answer different questions.
I think you now have UR BS spinning like a top.

Fennario

#582262 Jan 3, 2013
UR BS wrote:
Here to try and help you out a bit I will provide you with the definition of an agnostic.
ag·nos·tic (g-nstk)
n.
a. One who believes that it is impossible to know whether there is a God.
b. One who is skeptical about the existence of God but does not profess true atheism.
2. One who is doubtful or noncommittal about something.
adj.
So if I had bit on your little game and said that I believed that God did not exist I would not be agnostic but atheist. Had I said I did believe in a God then I would not be agnostic but a theist.
Since I did neither I am agnostic.
Understand now?
I understand. You're agnostic. You aren't certain whether a god exists or not. Me,either, which is why I call myself an agnostic, too. Can we get past that? There was a second question, and it was this:

Although you do not consider your belief certain, do you believe that the universe was made by the god of the Christian bible or any other god? Some agnostics - agnostics like me - would answer no. We aren't sure, but we don't believe. We are agnostic atheists.

Other agnostics - perhaps you - would say that while they are also unsure, they nevertheless believe. They're agnostic theists.

Agnosticism and gnosticism go to claims of knowledge. Atheism and theism go to claims of belief.

I get it that you're an agnostic. You don't claim to know that your beliefs are certain. But are you also a theist or not? You refuse to say whether you have accepted one of the gods, certain or not.

Since you refuse to answer, we must guess whether unbelief or belief underlies your refusal to directly answer this simple question: Are you a Christian. or do you deny that Jesus died for your sins?

I do. How about you?

“e pluribus unum”

primus inter pares

#582263 Jan 3, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Gee- I didn't know that unarmed civilians- with MANY of those being children and BABIES- were the "enemy".
It also destroyed the lives of many Iraqis as well.
Look, prior posts of yours over several months proved that you think war is great and your posts of today help to confirm that and show that you glorify war.
Not interested in discussing this with you any further.
Then stop the damn wars and leave us peaceful gun owners who have done nothing wrong alone!

Location hidden

#582264 Jan 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
prove that guns are made to kill.
http://www.dailykos.com/story/ 2012/12/16/1170299/-Guns-are-m ade-to-kill

“e pluribus unum”

primus inter pares

#582265 Jan 3, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Metaphorically, you're gnostic about responsible gun ownership.
There may be no such thing as a responsible gun owner, because all gun owners are human, and have the capability of becoming irresponsible at any time.
Then you understand gun or not you are at risk. Regardless of who says what , or laws saying it.

“e pluribus unum”

primus inter pares

#582266 Jan 3, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Awww... what's the matter redneck, biology not agreeing with your views? LOL...
You think the human reproduction cycle is a parasitical event?

I've no thinking that most of topix has any ability to understand anything , aside from a whole 1 maybe 2%.

Location hidden

#582267 Jan 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
You can't prove that guns are made to kill
Why are the police given guns and not knitting needles to fight crime?

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#582269 Jan 3, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. afternoon, Oscar ..
.. I toilet trained Waldorf, he even flushes ..
.. and, he has bewitching booties that only require bi-weekly washing so cat-proofing your house isn't necessary ..
.. can I bring him next week ??..
OK, a cat who can use the toilet is alot more tempting than one who cannot. But we travel alot, and it would not be fair to Waldorf to leave him alone or with sitters all the time. And he is still going to knock stuff over. That is a cats nature: to bat at whatever you treasure most. ;)

Location hidden

#582270 Jan 3, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> I was a boy scout
Oh, so you were molested is that why you're so pissed off at society and feel it's impossible to live without your precious gun? Now it makes sense.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#582271 Jan 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It's very simple. I've done it already, but the anti-gun freaks are blind to logic.
A gun is made to shoot a projectile at high velocity on an intended trajectory.
Period.
That is what a gun is made to do.
If it doesn't shoot or shoot off-angle, it isn't working right and it isnt' operating to manufacturer specs.
What a gun is used for and what it's meant to do are different.
That is what a gun does, but that is not what guns were designed to do. Come on, that is totally disingenuous.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min Happy Lesbo 99,616
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 min WildWeirdWillie 184,246
No Walls! Don't fence Me In! 4 min bad bob 15
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 51 min Rosesz 670,153
How can i get someone to have sex with my wife ... (Jul '13) 2 hr Tony 444 6
Hot Sale Nike Kyrie Irving 3 Basketball Shoes O... 2 hr Donald J Turnip 2
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 4 hr Tony 6,134
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 16 hr AussieBobby 286,431
the new gay skype Sat codyh 2
More from around the web