Prove there's a god.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#582066 Jan 3, 2013
UR BS wrote:
<quoted text>
You never told me you were a supposed woman. That is probably either an attempt to hide again or you are actually a dyke.
Yes I did in response to your post where you called me a little boy- and no- I am not a lesbian -not that there would be anything wrong with that if I was.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#582067 Jan 3, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
Seriously dude , we could just spend a little less money in Iraq and Ammoganistan to pay for it.
I don't want Iraq and Ammoganistan t pay for it.

I want the people RESPONSIBLE for it to pay for it, and THAT is the gun owners!

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#582068 Jan 3, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
The history of projectile weapons or implements are innately connected to extending the reach of man in order to kill or take game and or food.
Whether you want to look at a thrown stick, Atlatl, arrow, sling, blowgun or any other(such as a gun) implement, they were designed and intended to take life, hunt for food or kill with.
The concept, although it has evolved into targets(you are shooting at SOMETHING, a representation of an intended impact point for the projectile), sport, recreation etc..., at its very basic, still relates to the very first time primitive man discovered that he could increase his chances of success by utilizing a projectile in taking game, or food...
Or life.
Archaeological history shows this.
Just look at an axe. It was designed to cut a tree. People may throw them now as a sport. The fact that people throw tomahawks(originally a war club), an axe, etc., for sport does not negate the intended design.
"The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."-- George Carlin
You know you were the only person here that understood the question & responded accordingly?

Location hidden

#582069 Jan 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
prove that guns are designed to kill.....
Can't do that with you, because common sense is required.
Huh

Fort Worth, TX

#582070 Jan 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No retard, prove that guns are designed to kill....
That they CAN kill does not mean that's what they're made for. There are many people simply wounded by gunfire rather than killed.
MY kids know how to shoot guns, and they respect guns. They will not be killed by my guns (or theirs).
YOUR kids would be those ignorant kids that would take play-play time with a real gun because their stupid parents never taught them about guns.
Your arrogance that your children could never be killed by a gun in your home is ridiculous. This paints you as nothing more than an irresponsible gun owner. A responsible gun owner understands the danger and the efficacy of the killing machine that they possess. You live in a fantasy world.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#582071 Jan 3, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
You're confused. We were discussing whether abortion is the murder of a baby or not, which is asking whether a fetus is a baby or not,and whether its deliberate death is murder.
You seem to be toggling from whether a fetus is a baby to whether a fetus is a child and to whether a fetus is a person. What exactly are you arguing?
Incidentally, I am no more willing to accept your premise that a (human) fetus is an unborn child than I am to accept that it is an unborn baby. It's a fetus, which is one type of unborn human organism, the others being zygotes and embryos.
If you try to put that mess of yours into syllogistic form, the conclusion is not that a fetus is a child or a baby, but a person.
Major premise : Unlawful killing of a person is murder
Minor premise : Killing a fetus can be declared murder.
Conclusion : A fetus can be declared a person (not a child or baby).
But even this is flawed, because it is possible to declare the killing of a beloved pet murder. If that happened, we could also argue this:
Major premise : Unlawful killing of a beloved pet is murder
Minor premise : Killing a fetus can be declared murder.
Conclusion : A fetus can be declared a beloved pet.
This is obviously invalid, which tells you that the first conclusion is invalid as well for the same reason, even though it is less obviously so.
FWIW, logic, statistics, semantics (definitions), science - there is a right and a wrong way to deal with them all, and one must learn how to do so properly. This takes an education in these areas, meaning a protracted period of focused study and practice with an ability and desire to learn them. These are not things that one can do well because one has looked at a few apologetics sites. They're not hobbies.
You should recognize that, and acquire the wisdom to know when to assert yourself, and when to defer to the expertise of others.
Have you noticed that he's using almost diametrically opposed arguments in his weapon and abortion arguments?

A fetus is a person, but an assault weapon is only a POTENTIAL weapon.

I think he's just shooting himself in the foot.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#582072 Jan 3, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>I find hunting in this day and age to be beyond sickening.
No, RR- I would NEVER find it "fun" to shoot a gun for ANY reason, and back in my 20s, I was talked into going to a shooting range where I did shoot a 20/20 Winchester rifle. I found it to be a horrible experience and I distinctly recall thinking: What if some NUT here just starts firing live ammo?
About the Chinese inventing guns, just why do you think they wanted to "defeat armor"?
They wanted to KILL the people who were within that armor.
Please- stop trying to justify private gun ownership and private gun use to me.
It will NEVER be justified to me. NEVER.
It doesn't need to be justified by you. Gun ownership is our legal right, we don't need your approval.

Do people need guns? No. But to us they are a lot of fun.

Do people need jet skis?
Do people need motor homes?
Do people need cool samurai swords?
Huh

Fort Worth, TX

#582073 Jan 3, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Turkey shoots are fun but so far nobody died there, well almost got a hard attack when Michelle won by putting a single bb shot dead center .
Window dressing. Thank you for proving that.

Are you clowns capable of cogent thought?
Huh

Fort Worth, TX

#582074 Jan 3, 2013
UR BS wrote:
<quoted text>
You never told me you were a supposed woman. That is probably either an attempt to hide again or you are actually a dyke.
Ad hominem. A logical fallacy. This now qualifies as a concession speech. Loser.
Huh

Fort Worth, TX

#582075 Jan 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Right! And it all depends on what kind of human intervention is taken that determines the purpose of the gun.
20 bottles and 7 cans were killed in Newtown. It's okay.

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#582076 Jan 3, 2013
UR BS wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong as usual.
The document you speak of was only against the Confederate States and was made under the War Powers of Lincoln as President. The 14th Ammendment officially abolished Slavery in the US because it was not done with the other document.
Dang try rading up on the subject prior to posting absolute nonsense and making yourself look even stupider that you are.
Oh, really?

The 14th Amendment?

Who knew?
Huh

Fort Worth, TX

#582077 Jan 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Right! And it all depends on what kind of human intervention is taken that determines the purpose of the gun.
He gun was invented to kill. Any cursory uses are window dressing.
Huh

Fort Worth, TX

#582078 Jan 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, c'mon!
Quit saying that guns "one sole purpose is to kill" without offering up SOME kind of explanation.
It was invented to kill. Any other uses are window dressing.
Huh

Fort Worth, TX

#582079 Jan 3, 2013
UR BS wrote:
<quoted text>
Please go back to meixico and make some more tacos.
Where is Meixico you illiterate, anti-American, Communist freak?
Huh

Fort Worth, TX

#582080 Jan 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I see figures of speech go right over your head......
Guns were invented to kill. Hopefully that bullet your child accidentally shoots due to your latent irresponsibility goes over our head. To deny guns were invented to kill is to be an irresponsible gun owner. If you were ever in the military, you would know that. Oh, that's right, even they knew you were unworthy.

Location hidden

#582081 Jan 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
FINALLY!!!! You ADMIT that it requires human intervention. Now you have three choices;

1) Remove all guns.

2) Allow only trained, tested, and responsible people to have guns.(law enforcement and military)

3) A combination of 1 and 2.(get rid of semiautomatics and pass stronger laws)

Pick one.

Location hidden

#582082 Jan 3, 2013
UR BS wrote:
<quoted text>
I still don't see FETUS, where is it
Break the law. I'm sure the judge will be happy to explain it to you.
Huh

Fort Worth, TX

#582083 Jan 3, 2013
UR BS wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong again. Dang take a history course dimwit.
Please illustrate where it was wrong. Bald assertions without documentation are even more ridiculous than your online persona.
Huh

Fort Worth, TX

#582084 Jan 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Racist bigot.
You keep using that word. I don't think it means what you think it means, dumbass redneck. By the way, as depicted, Satan is a redneck.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#582085 Jan 3, 2013
OCB wrote:
Yeah- you're not half the little man you'd be without them......
Keep tellin yourself that.

One day you might just believe it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump is un-American... 8 min Tony 7
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 9 min Liamm 658,882
News Reason to cringe: Female voters react to Trump 15 min swampmudd 272
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 18 min TheChrist 71,051
New Poll Sex Survey Complete for African Americ... 26 min binx 13
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 1 hr Ricky F 53,937
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr onemale 283,030
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 7 hr gundee123 5,059
More from around the web