Prove there's a god.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#581861 Jan 3, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
It is because some people define it as , specifically after 12 weeks.
And specifically doctors and nurses as well as heath care professionals.
A seeding drops the embryo leaves and then it is a baby tree.
Short time in less than two weeks.
A fertilized chicken egg is a bit different, since the span of development is only 21 days I wouldn't call it a baby chicken till it hatched.
That's a way different than the 9 months required for top predator.
Top predator- LOL!!! And only because of our man made weapons.

Don't think so? Then go take on a bear, a lion, a tiger, and so many other predators with nothing more than your own body.

Again- and how this thread has morphed into a thread about abortion I don't know- and all the more since there are at least a dozen abortion threads on Topix- I will say this for the LAST time:

What would be right about women being legally forced to remain pregnant against their will in order to be legally forced to give birth against their will?

Not your body? Not your uterus? Not your pregnancy? Not your z/e/f?

Then not your choice, not your decision and NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS.

And why is YOUR outlook of the world so dim and morbid that you would obviously see nothing wrong with women being legally forced to have children they do not want and do not love and in addition to that, why is YOUR outlook of the world so dim and morbid that you obviously have no problem with babies being born unwanted and unloved by the very persons who give birth to them?

And so you and anyone else who posts to me on the topic of abortion doesn't think I am ignoring you, I think I am DONE posting on the topic of abortion which is NOT in any way whatsoever the topic of this thread.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#581862 Jan 3, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
the point is: that the gun was too handy, that the gun needs greater restriction so that in the future it will be less handy.
the gun is designed as an efficient killing machine.
Tell me, RR what contributions are you prepared to make, to reduce the kind of incident we saw at sandy hookÉ
Greater restriction?

That crazy sumbitch shot 20 little kids. Don't you think he would've used something else if his mom's guns were't handy?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#581863 Jan 3, 2013
karl44 wrote:
Tell me, RR what contributions are you prepared to make, to reduce the kind of incident we saw at sandy hookÉ
I contribute to the expansion of knowledge regarding gun safety.

I also contribute to the expansion of knowledge of Christianity.

What does karl44 do? Bitch & whine?

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#581864 Jan 3, 2013
UR BS wrote:
<quoted text>
Because each time a new student would enter one of my calsses I was required to check their birth certificates to ensure they met the age requirements to attend the classes.
Now you are very fortunate that you are hiding behind a computer screen or you would rue the day you called me a liar.
Threatening over the internet is against the law.

Next- so you checked their birth certificates. Do their birth certificates not show their birth date as their date of BIRTH or are you claiming their birth certificates show their date of CONCEPTION as their date of BIRTH?

And do NOT threaten me you MORON- not overtly OR veiled.

Up YOURS, loser.

And I'm guessing YOU are a NAZI or at least a Naxzi sympathizer.

Get lost, kid- ya bother me.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#581865 Jan 3, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Not at all. Of course a baby is human provided it was BORN to a human. Just as a z/e/f is human provided it is within the body of a human.
And an acorn is still a seed despite it not being an oak tree.
Just as an acorn has the POTENTIAL to develop into an oak tree under the right conditions, a z/e/f has the POTENTIAL to develop into a baby under the right conditions.
NOWHERE did I say or at all even IMPLY that a BABY (born to a human) isn't HUMAN.
You are SUCH an IDIOT.
YOu said:

"But a sprouted acorn is STILL not an OAK TREE!"

That makes no sense. A sprouted acorn is a baby oak tree, just like a fetus is a baby human.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#581866 Jan 3, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>NO ONE here has said a fetus isn't HUMAN (provided it is within the body of a HUMAN).
You can't grasp the difference between that which is ALIVE and that which is A LIFE, so I certainly don't expect you to grasp the difference between that which is HUMAN and that which is a PERSON.
NO I guess I can't grasp it.

Please tell me the difference between ALIVE and A LIFE.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#581867 Jan 3, 2013
UR BS wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry but the Lunar Callender is used all over the far east. They maintain trade with the west so they use that calandar for those purposes but go there some time during the lunar new year and you will see bigger celebrations than on the western new year.
Now as to the number of abortions they have there has nothing to do with the USA.
They also have forced sterilization are you saying we should adopt that as well?
If you want that I will back it. After the second elective abortion throw in a tibal for free and if the father is none snip him as well.
By the way back on the calander thing for a moment. If as you claim, "we are ALL on the same calender year" then why is it only in the 1400s in the Middle East according to the Muslim Calander? That is the one they use for all their documents by the way, then again have you ever seen a Jewish one?
Most of what I got from this post of drivel of yours is that you can't even spell "calender".

And YOU taught classes? ROFLMAO!!

And yes- having been born into the Jewish religion I am well aware of the Jewish calender.

However, Jews operate on the same calender as does everyone else for legal purposes- and that includes the Far East AND the Middle East.

And yep- I am now more convinced than ever that you are a Nazi or at the very least a Nazi sympathizer.

Forced sterilization?? Just how much of a BARBARIAN are you?

“Rising”

Since: Dec 10

Milky Way

#581868 Jan 3, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. fair enough ..
.. then, why does the medical and scientific community consider a zygote/embryo/fetus a parasite? Why not call it a baby ??..
.. biologically, isn't the categorization of parasite based on its behavior as is relates to its host ??..
.. a zygote invades a woman's uterus, hijacks her immune system and usually causes pain in the form of morning sickness, backaches and much more. When a woman's health is threatened, I think the body's natural defense system kicks in resulting in a spontaneous abortion ..
.. ultimately, during the parasitical phase, wouldn't a zygote/embryo/fetus be considered a parasite ??..

I have demonstrated they in fact do.
It is only a few people who do not really understand and a few that do understand that they are dehumanizing terms for their own reasons.

"ultimately, during the parasitical phase, wouldn't a zygote/embryo/fetus be considered a parasite?"

No because a *parasite is a well described and a set of organisms on the tree of life. Parasites do not transform into other things.

The term "parasitical phase" is specifically to describe a similarity. To explain what is happening. It is in fact describing how the fetus is deriving nutrients from the mother. But it would not have ever existed if not for the mother.(only by human intervention do z/e/f exist outside the mothers body.
But the eggs of Parasites in fact do exist outside the body until infected by them or infested by them.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#581869 Jan 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Greater restriction?
That crazy sumbitch shot 20 little kids. Don't you think he would've used something else if his mom's guns were't handy?
RR- what would he have used? Do you honestly think he could have killed 20 kids and 6 adults with a knife or a baseball bat or a screwdriver?

What part of NOTHING having the immediacy, speed and shock value of a GUN do you NOT get?

You gun NUT apologists are not only a warped lot, but disgustingly SICKENING as well.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#581870 Jan 3, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Sigh.....I stated at least twice already that for most women who WANT to have a baby, they will refer to their z/e/f as such.
That is an EMOTIONAL choice and not one based on biology, science or medicine.
In other words, she subjectively chooses to refer to her z/e/f as a BABY.
That doesn't make it FACTUALLY correct.
But it IS factually correct. Ever read a damn dictionary?

baby:
noun
1. an infant or very young child.
2. a newborn or very young animal.
3. the youngest member of a family, group, etc.
4. an immature or childish person.
5. a human fetus.

dictionary.reference.com/browse/baby

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#581871 Jan 3, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
But they said baby , sorry it isn't a baby some of you say.
It's a parasite, oh my parasite is moving! She exclaimed!
Ya....

I've seen them excited about their pregnancy, rubbing that big ole pregnant belly, saying: "My zygote is getting bigger every day." or "Oh, get this fetus out of me!"

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#581872 Jan 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
YOu said:
"But a sprouted acorn is STILL not an OAK TREE!"
That makes no sense. A sprouted acorn is a baby oak tree, just like a fetus is a baby human.
No- a sprouted acorn is NOT an OAK TREE!

If I plant a seedling, and if the conditions are right, it will BECOME an oak tree.

And- I never said a fetus is not human; however, a fetus is no more a BABY than a planted acorn is an oak tree.

I'm DONE with this topic, RR. Discuss it with others here if you like or go to one of the dozen or so threads about abortion.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#581873 Jan 3, 2013
OCB wrote:
Actually, I find GUN OWNERS to be the ones who have a dim and morbid outlook of the world as it is you gun owners who feel you have to arm yourselves against your fellow man.
Damn liberals....

You'd classify the like of Lanza & Holmes as "fellow man"?

Since: Feb 12

Kaiserslautern, Germany

#581874 Jan 3, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>You didn't ASK me to list anything, did you?
And I am NOT the one who would like women to be denied reproductive choices- YOU are!
YOU are the one who wants every single baby born; therefore, the onus is on YOU to do SOMETHING for at least ONE of those babies born unwanted and unloved by the very person who gave birth to them.
LIAR. I did NOT mention ANYTHING about animal shelters. You're confusing me with someone else, you addle-brained TWIT.
And the word is "disdain"- like YOU have for women who wish to terminate their pregnancies.
No you are the liar here. You better go back and check your own words there dipwad. You said and at the very beginning of the rant I amy add volunteer at Animal Shelters. So you are and always will be a LYING POS.
Ah yes the last hope of the libtard that has no substantive response and has been shown for the fool that he is. Spell Check! Yep I do make spelling errors and I make lots of typos so go ahead and point them out if it makes you feel good.
I don't have a problem with womens reproductive rights at all. But then again you can't really call it reproductive rights or choices when the reproducion is the thing that is being halted. How about we call it what it is the right to kill their unborn child.
They have that right, it is up to the states on how they fund it but they have that right.
I just find it very puzzling that no one seems to care about the baby. I mean what more innocent life is there?
What I find even more amusing is how many of you so called prochoice people are anti death penalty. I mean at least they had a trial and were found guilty of a capitol crime. What crime has that baby commited?
christianity is EVIL

Halifax, Canada

#581875 Jan 3, 2013
Jesus IS Almighty God wrote:
If God doesn't exist, then who or what dictates the dimensions and attributes of everything in existence?
Who or what is to say that anything should be as it is?
And if such things are based entirely on chance alone, then would that not infer a finite range of possibilities?
It must, for if everything were possible, nothing would be possible. It is self-refuting, as is attempting to draw a number from infinity.
Therefore, if something is finite, it must have boundaries. Boundaries can only exist in regards to something greater. By default, it's boundaries are set in relation to that greater something. The natural world as we know it consists of various elements interacting within finite ranges. The natural world as a whole is itself also finite. It has boundaries, dimensions, and limited space. If, however, the natural world constituted all of all, no thing would be possible within it, for there would exist an infinite range of scenarios, and as such could never allow for the number 1.
Without a self-sustaining, intelligent, transcending prime-mover, the world as we know it would not and could not exist. It is self-evident.
The Lord Jesus loves you all very much.
unsuported assertion Fallacy

try again

universe is Infinite and self sustaining NO gods needed

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#581876 Jan 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
NO I guess I can't grasp it.
Please tell me the difference between ALIVE and A LIFE.
SIGH.....LAST time- for not only did I already explain this to you yesterday, this is totally OFF TOPIC and it's all been said already anyway.

1. Bacteria is ALIVE.
2. Mold is ALIVE.
3. Mildew is ALIVE.
4. Sperm is ALIVE.

What NONE of them are is A LIFE.

They are LIVING organisms, but none are A LIFE.

A z/e/f is a LIVING organism, but none of them are A LIFE.

A LIFE begins at BIRTH. What comes before that is ALIVE, but is not A LIFE.

NO MORE on this topic from ME.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#581877 Jan 3, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>RR- what would he have used? Do you honestly think he could have killed 20 kids and 6 adults with a knife or a baseball bat or a screwdriver?
What part of NOTHING having the immediacy, speed and shock value of a GUN do you NOT get?
You gun NUT apologists are not only a warped lot, but disgustingly SICKENING as well.
How about mowing down all the kids on the playground with a car? That'd do it, but probably worse.

Cars kill people, not the drivers.

Therefore cars are weapons and should be banned from use.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#581878 Jan 3, 2013
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>1. No assault rifle was used in the shooting and in fact, they only recovered 4 hand guns from inside the school.
I thought that there was a Bushmaster involved, that that was a semi-automatic rifle like the M-16 I fired in basic, and that that was considered an assault weapon. I don't know much about guns, so I'll defer to you. What does this mean to you?:

"Bushmaster .223: Weapon Used in Newtown Shooting a Lightning Rod in Gun Debate"
http://newsfeed.time.com/2012/12/19/bushmaste...

Even if you were correct, would that change the argument other than to increase the enormity of the problem?
Lil Ticked wrote:
Add to the fact that the car they found the gun in is not that of Adam Lanza or his mothers and in fact belongs to Christopher A Rodia .
I guess it's time for me to divine what you are thinking once again - the reason why you posted that. Let's see how this could possibly matter. Maybe you think the gun was supplied by Rodia. And maybe you think that matters.

If not, sorry - I give up. I'm all out of ideas. I'll consult my Ouija board and Magic 8-Ball to see if they know what you were thinking here while waiting for your answer.

[CONT.]

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#581879 Jan 3, 2013
Lil Ticked wrote:
2. Prohibition = Blackmarket, period. If a "crazy person" wants an assault weapon they can get one or make their own.
I'm guessing pseudoprinciple here. Did you see the post on that? In case you missed it, here it is:
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TOCO8TE...

The way we can decide is to see if you uniformly object to prohibitions because of the black markets that they engender. How do you feel about a prohibition on abortion, and the underground abortion clinics that would spring up? Do you object on that basis?

How about the prohibition on heroine and meth? There are black markets for both of those as well. Can we put you down for legalization of them. After all, as you said, "2. Prohibition = Blackmarket, period." If a "meth head" wants a pound of meth, "they can get one or make their own," right?

“Rising”

Since: Dec 10

Milky Way

#581880 Jan 3, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Not at all. I have a very optimistic and joyful outlook of the world.
Just because I know what IS a baby and what is NOT a baby doesn't translate into your totally moronic and erroneous perception of me.
You anti-choicers are the ones with a truly dim and morbid outlook of the world since if you had your way, the rights of 100% viable and 100% sentient women to make their own reproductive choices would be forfeited and done away with in favor of the non-existent rights of z/e/f which are not at all 100% viable or 100% sentient.
You want to see women as brood mares. Now THAT is sad- and more than just sad, it's pathetic.
You are assuming things here I have stated numerous time I am pro=choice . I would hate to see that decision taken from a woman, that's not right. I maybe morally corrupted to say I don't really care whether women kill their baby's or not as long as it isn't mine or family /friends. Not that I wish it either, just not my concern.
But to be scientifically correct and I will not side with either
that isn't.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 12 min dollarsbill 6,402
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 14 min sangili karuppan 1,838
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 44 min sangili karuppan 7,475
gay bottom in gurgaon (May '14) 52 min Ajay 446
No one should blaspheme Prophet Mohammad, peace... 1 hr MUQ2 835
The Christian Atheist debate 1 hr BenAdam 1,939
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr pusherman_ 599,406
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 hr WasteWater 272,403
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 6 hr Great Day of Arma... 612,892
More from around the web