|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
May not be "murder", but it IS terminating a life.
A newly fertilized ovum or a newly implanted clump of cells, is no more a person than an acorn is an oak tree.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>No they're NOT all the same.
More like "one of these is different than the others"
Why do you constantly go out of your way to prove that you're not the brightest crayon in the box?
So far you're at 678 posts of absolutely nothing but shit-talk.

How far you gonna go?

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
I've always been pro-choice.
Then why are you as uneducated about the topic as most anti-choicers?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
It's up to lawmakers to decide what stages of humanity can and cannot be called murdered when killed. If the legislatures want to afford the protection of the state to fetuses, they pass a law declaring feticide murder. That does not make the fetus a baby.
But murder is defined as the crime of unlawfully killing a person. If an uborn child, a fetus, is NOT a person then they could not be charged with murder....

But since a fetus IS a child, the murder charges are possible.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
Ya, because of a crazy man.
Whose mother was a gun nut and gave him access to those guns. DUH!!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
May not be "murder", but it IS terminating a life.
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>A newly fertilized ovum or a newly implanted clump of cells, is no more a person than an acorn is an oak tree.
Agreed.

but notice I said "life", not "person"...

A newly fertilized ovum is a life.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
They are actually the most common. Look into the digestive system for some parasites that live inside you that are beneficial.
Not only that but you would die very quickly if they were removed from your body. Just ask anyone who has taken antibiotics and then got the runs....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
But murder is defined as the crime of unlawfully killing a person.
No, it's not. There needs to be malice. A woman has no malice against her own body.
Forum carlsbad nm

Hobbs, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Again - a baaabee isn't being murdered. It's not a baby until it's born, and a fetus has no will. Quit trying to personalize the topic. That's what's tripping you up.
Men are jealous of women because they cannot carry a child
or experience the joy.

Genesis 3:16
To the women also he said: I will multiply thy sorrows, and thy conception : in sorrow shalt thou bring forth children, and thou shalt be under thy husband's power, and he shall have dominion
over thee.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Freebird USA wrote:
<quoted text> If the universe always existed,that makes it eternal. Not much of a leap from an eternal universe with an unexplainable cause to an eternal being with an unexplainable cause.
The universe can be observed...WHERE IS your god?

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
disapprove all you want
it is simply not your call to make
Actually you are 100% correct in my situation, as my first wife made sure of that when I was quite young that I would not father any more babies, and my current wife cannot have any either due to having lost her fertility through an operation, and age.

But in the case of a woman who becomes pregnant, granted in our country only the woman has a say, though responsible doctors will advise her of the various pros and cons of abortion, but technically, since it took both a woman and a man, in the case of sexual intercourse between opposite sex humans, to fertilize the egg, the father is ultimately responsible for the child when it is born, so he should also have some say in whether or not his child is terminated before birth.

If it were me, and I was back where I could get a woman pregnant, and I wanted the child, I would certainly have kicked up a real fuss if my wife or girlfriend had aborted without my knowledge. It likely would have ended the relationship. I would see her doing that as a sign of betrayal of her husband or boyfriend, and certainly not someone that I would want to spend my life with.

I know that sex is usually for enjoyment rather than procreation, but when a fertilization does occur, I think that the being that is produced has a right to life. Neither of my children were "planned" pregnancies, but you would have had to kill me to stop them from being born.

Perhaps due to my background of being from a family of 8 live births, all of which were wanted, and one subsequently died at 18 months, which literally messed up my whole family except a couple of the girls who were too young to understand, and the one girl who was born after his death, I value a pregnancy more than some might.

I suspect, though, had I had the opportunity to get a woman pregnant before I was married, I would have been scared enough by the culture of the times, to have gone along with her wanting to abort, just to not have to deal with the shame of having got her pregnant, which back when I was young was considerable. A young girl getting pregnant before marriage back in those days often messed her up for life (unfairly of course). I think back in those days, though, abortion was still illegal in Canada.

I see that abortion became legal in Canada in 1968-69, and I got married in 1969, so theoretically had I have been able to capitalize on my desire to have sex with girls, but lacked the courage, I could have been in the situation of having got a girl pregnant when abortions were still illegal.

If I had my youth to live over again with the attitudes of people today, I would certainly have likely fathered many illegitimate children, or at least tried to. I am always envious of my friends, who tell me of their many sexual escapes when they were young.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>No, it's not. There needs to be malice. A woman has no malice against her own body.
Yes, that's how murder is defined. There does not need to be malice.

Besides, she's not taking her own life is she?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:

A newly fertilized ovum is a life.
No, A newly fertilized ovum is only a potential life. BIG difference.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Then why are you as uneducated about the topic as most anti-choicers?
I'm not. Why are you so vehemently against acknowledging that a fetus is a life and that by aborting it, that is taking a life?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Whose mother was a gun nut and gave him access to those guns. DUH!!!
A person that owns guns is a gun nut?

Careful, your bigotry is showing.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Forum carlsbad nm wrote:
<quoted text>
Men are jealous of women because they cannot carry a child
Not true. Men carry children all the time. Dropping them is the problem.
Forum carlsbad nm

Hobbs, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Then why are you as uneducated about the topic as most anti-choicers?
No one has given you a choice. Doctors convince us that
that they can. They are insane. Taking out someones
organ is just as dumb. If you die than it is because
he wants you to.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

OCB wrote:
Well, gee! According to RR, HIS home is safer because he has guns as opposed to homes without guns.
We've pretty much agreed to disagree on that one - at least that's what I think that's what "f_ck you" meant.
OCB wrote:
Apparently, that is not a tried and true rule; Nancy Lanza is just one of numerous examples of people's guns which they legally purchased for protection being used against them.
I think that RR's take was that that doesn't count because she wasn't a responsible gun owner.
OCB wrote:
I guess living in a society which is becoming increasingly more gun-happy is simply what we will have to deal with;
I think you're right. They want their guns, and it looks like they'll have them for an indefinite period.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
Why are you so vehemently against acknowledging that a fetus is a life and that by aborting it, that is taking a life?
I've already answered this. A newly fertilized ovum is only a potential life. BIG difference.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
A person that owns guns is a gun nut?
I didn't say that. She was a gun nut and loved that culture. Surprise, surprise she died because of it too. Imagine that.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••