Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

nanoanomaly wrote:
pre-born child
It aint necessarily so wrote:
No such thing.
Kind of like a non-dead corpse. I love how they make up words to justify their stupidity.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>If you require immediate gratification , you wont get it but....The benefit does come from the survival of your genes and direct bloodline, as well as the helper in the future and most importantly in the latter days of your life.
True. But medically-speaking, while the fetus is still within the woman, it is essentially a parasite. It's not necessarily a parasite forever...unless it comes back home to live with you after college.

Since: Feb 12

Kaiserslautern, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Do you consider that anecdote relevant to this argument?
It's not. It's irrelevant. It's an anecdote. Basing a conclusion on it is a logical fallacy, or hasty generalization. From
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/An... :
"Anecdotal Fallacy - Anecdotal evidence is basically "This happened to me/someone I know/someone I heard about." Such evidence is largely useless as proof, since it is by nature doubtful in veracity. Furthermore, even if "it" did happen to someone the speaker knows, this does not establish that "it" is common or pervasive, which is the point the speaker is usually trying to argue. Typically used as the basis of a Hasty Generalisation, where a single, anecdotal "proof" is taken to prove or disprove a general rule. As scientists often say, "The plural of 'anecdote' is not 'data' "
Also, from "How Anecdotal Evidence Can Undermine Scientific Results" at http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm... :
"we have evolved brains that pay attention to anecdotes because false positives (believing there is a connection between A and B when there is not) are usually harmless, whereas false negatives (believing there is no connection between A and B when there is) may take you out of the gene pool. Our brains are belief engines that employ association learning to seek and find patterns. Superstition and belief in magic are millions of years old, whereas science, with its methods of controlling for intervening variables to circumvent false positives, is only a few hundred years old."
Let me put it to you like this: Would you like to see an anecdote about a child accidentally killing itself with a gun? Would it convince you if you saw one? Probably not.
If not, aren't you being intellectually dishonest endorsing an argument that you wouldn't accept?
You are being dishonest. You pick and choose what facts to accept acclording to your own agenda.

The facts are as follows;
The home was invaded.
The girls mother gave her a gun and told her to hide in the closet.
The girl did as she was told.
When the home invader attempted to get to her she shot him.
By shooting him she prevented harm coming to herslf and to others.
Now whatever you want to call it had she not had that gun and known how to use it things could have gone much worse.
Now as to anecdotes I guess you opted to disregard the earlier post I made that shows the numbers for gun deaths broken down.
Not aproblem I didn't expect anything different.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Unless nano considers herself to be a pre-dead corpse.....
Oops... you beat me to it...

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TOCO8TE...
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text> Very well stated!
Thanks.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Dude I have 4 sons 2 help me everyday
AGAIN, we're NOT talking about a born child so quite trying to dance around the issue. We're talking about the fetus. Can't name any real benefits huh? Didn't think so. You lose (again).

Since: Feb 12

Kaiserslautern, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

I have a question for the ones touting that there is no such thing as an unborn baby.
If it is as you say it is then how is it that a person can be charged with murder for killing one?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
I told you that was the only possibility of a same species parasite, but it's not an actual parasite either.
Actually it IS, and actually you contradicted yourself AGAIN. Hope now you FINALLY understand the true definition of the word parasite. Facts are not your friend. LOL...

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Oops... you beat me to it...
LOL! No worries.....

BTW, although I haven't been posting here much at all these days, I am a "regular" on this thread and have been for some time now.

Given that you are rather new to the thread, I must commend you on how insightful you are on any number of issues- including that of rightly having referred to RiversideRedneck as a "little man"- something I have told him repeatedly for many, many months now.

That you picked up on it as quickly as you did; well, you certainly deserve credit for having done so but then again, RR makes it so apparent that he is a little man, so perhaps it's a combination of you being able to read people very well and RR's transparency.

He is not only a little man, he is a very insecure little man who has a moronically over inflated ego as well as a very warped perception on any number of issues.

Anyway, I expect my posting here will be erratic as has been the case of late, but welcome to the thread- I can see you are a fine addition!

:-)

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

Aerobatty wrote:
We've been slaves to corporations and banks from the very beginning.
Parasites.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
A fetus is the same organism - not a parasite.
You probably consider this picayune, but it's not. What this reveals is your unfamiliarity with a subject that you argue as if you have expertise even when arguing with people that know more than you do about it.
Are you reaching for another "f_ck you" about now? Don't bother. It's assumed.
Well stated.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

UR BS wrote:
I have a question for the ones touting that there is no such thing as an unborn baby.
If it is as you say it is then how is it that a person can be charged with murder for killing one?
A person can only be charged with murder for killing a z/e/f if the woman pregnant with said z/e/f had no wish or desire to terminate her pregnancy.

And the charge would not be that of murdering a BABY, but of terminating a zygote, an embryo or a fetus against the woman's wishes.

If you think there is such a thing as an "unborn" baby, that would mean that you are an "undead" corpse.

There is NO corpse until there is a DEATH; there is NO baby until there is a BIRTH.

At any rate, and despite your personal feelings and beliefs about the topic, do tell what would be right about any woman being legally forced to remain pregnant against her will in order to be legally forced to give birth against her will.

Not your body? Not your uterus? Not your pregnancy? Not your z/e/f?

Then not your choice, not your decision and NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS.

Hope that helps to clear things up for you.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

Dr Shrink wrote:
as to read your cheap crap
Then close your eyes. Oh wait, you already did that when you accepted your religion. Now go be a nice slave and stick your nose in your bible.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope.
I'm an itelligent foul mouthed genius.
Bitch
Really? You're "itelligent"??

True enough that you ARE foul-mouthed, but you are NO genius and nowhere near as intelligent as you have deluded yourself into believing you are, RR.

Of course, I realize that your skewed self-perception is a result of your pitiful insecurities not only as a Christian and as a man, but as a PERSON as well.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>We're NOT talking about a born child so quite trying to dance around the issue. We're talking about the fetus el'stupido. You're an embarrassment to the pro-choice movement. Now answer the question, and THIS time maybe don't let your bias blind you.
A machine take materials to build, even if it is biological, the sacrifice of material and energy yields what it produces. In the case with a human the benefit is a brand new human being, this is not a loss it is a gain.

If you want to look at the loss of 9 months nutritional value and ennrgy expended to the mother (BTW which she compensates herself for by eating more),
then think what a good son can do to compensate this trivial amount in nutrients in the years to come. In work and provisions.

The extension of your genes by the ToE is the benefit. Your legacy continues. This is called Parental investment the biggest reward however is failure to reproduce leads to the end of your bloodline.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

UR BS wrote:
It's called a fetus. BTW, taking large amounts of vitamin C will abort a pregnancy. Should we now make vitamin C illegal? LOL...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

OCB wrote:
<quoted text>LOL! No worries.....
BTW, although I haven't been posting here much at all these days, I am a "regular" on this thread and have been for some time now.
Given that you are rather new to the thread, I must commend you on how insightful you are on any number of issues- including that of rightly having referred to RiversideRedneck as a "little man"- something I have told him repeatedly for many, many months now.
That you picked up on it as quickly as you did; well, you certainly deserve credit for having done so but then again, RR makes it so apparent that he is a little man, so perhaps it's a combination of you being able to read people very well and RR's transparency.
He is not only a little man, he is a very insecure little man who has a moronically over inflated ego as well as a very warped perception on any number of issues.
Anyway, I expect my posting here will be erratic as has been the case of late, but welcome to the thread- I can see you are a fine addition!
:-)
Thank you very much OCB, I appreciate it, but I can't take all the credit because RR makes it so obvious :p

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

Have faith wrote:
God does exist... The proof is all around us... How everything moves, and works together so perfectly. It's impossible to say there is no creator. I have proof there is a God. But with unbelieving eyes, and with a hardened heart against Him, you can't find proof. He has givin me joy and peace. He has filled me with overflowing love! He wants everyone to accept that His son, Jesus Christ died for them, but people don't want to see it or believe it. The devil is trying to take everyone to hell with him, so he turns them against God. God says that anyone can come to Him. You just have to accept that His son died for you. Now, a lot of people don't want to hear it... That's why it's hard for some of you to understand. The devil is trying to get you to join Him. It's all about the fight... The choice... It's yours to make because God gives it to you freely. There are ony two choices... Serve God or satan. You cannot serve yourself. If you're living for yourself and not serving God. You are serving the devil. My God has givin me plenty of proof. He has answered many prayers and I have been blessed by Him richly!:) I feel His love everyday and I wish everyone could share that feeling. But I know some of you don't want to let Him in... He's calling you though. It's your choice whether you want to answer or not.
So .... you have no actual evidence for your assertions, you just want to believe because you're too lazy to learn. Gotcha.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
you know what?
a lot beter is 2 times loud fart
as to read your cheap crap
We will just take your word for that. But please, no more revelations about your personal life, OK?

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

UR BS wrote:
Appeal to authority. Proves nothing more than the courts are still influenced by superstition a lot.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

466 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 3 min bacon hater 93,814
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 4 min Dave Nelson 224,513
Emmasturbate ...okay so what does this word mea... (May '13) 6 min the vibrating wand 146
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min Just Sayin 533,283
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 8 min Holy dr Shrink 38,476
Judge Linda Warren Hunter, Dekalb County (May '08) 12 min Rob wellon 220
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 15 min Krackerjacks 115,464
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 36 min WasteWater 256,838
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 7 hr SimmerExtreme 85
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••