Prove there's a god.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#581372 Jan 2, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
HA!
Oh, that's right. Only men like sex.....
You know what, clueless? My ex wife was crazy horny all through both pregnancies.
If you're really asexual, you cannot understand.
Actually, I did not make that assertion, but you buy into stereotypes so much you assumed it was. No, it's the special pleading of sexual activity, by using unsubstantiated claims that demonstrates it was a male's idea to write that. Everyone is different, and unique, but when someone uses unsubstantiated claims it's obvious they are pleading for their own selfish desires and not providing factually significant evidence proves it.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#581373 Jan 2, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually I had forgotten about it but this was tested on Myth Busters
and they found the results I'm telling you , Ill see if I can find it.
I just found that article http://mythbustersresults.com/episode50

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#581374 Jan 2, 2013
OCB wrote:
Just gotta share this- a great bumper sticker I saw the other day:
4 out of 3 people have trouble with fractions.
Or this:

There are 3 kinds of people in the world.

Those who understand math and those who don't.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#581375 Jan 2, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Why the hell would Wikipedia put it in the "firearm crimes" section if it didn't have to do with firearm crimes?
You do realize that Wikipedia is written by anonymous Internet volunteers who write without pay, don't you? Apparently not.

“Wrath”

Since: Dec 10

Is revenant

#581376 Jan 2, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>See? You said it in your own question- to MY life.
I am not in any position to state whether having children is a benefit to anyone's life other than my own.
However, I would venture to guess that there are parents who wish their children had never been born and who don't perceive their children as beneficial to themselves (the parents) or anyone else.
At any rate, I don't think the point of having children is to "benefit" from them as that implies some sort of profit is to be had, unless one considers raising someone and loving someone to be a "benefit" in which case I would say that having children is a benefit, but of course, I can only speak for myself.
I agree with everything you said but the question was to you not everyone else.

"I would say that having children is a benefit"

Most at least 98% of mothers I know would say this.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#581377 Jan 2, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Wow.
What? I understand that not ALL women view pregnancy as beneficial and women that have never been pregnant aren't missing something they need...

But I DO understand that for most women, pregnancy is a beautiful thing. Why else do most women have more than one child?

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#581378 Jan 2, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you're only saying that to reenforce your pro-choice stance so you feel ok that a baby isn't being murdered against its will.
Wanna see some gruesome abortion pix of babies?
BTW, you claim you are pro-choice yet use misnomers such as "baby" and "murder" to describe abortion.

And you buy into the BS of pics of "babies" aborted being "murdered" and that of abortion being "gruesome".

Sure doesn't sound like someone who is pro-choice and if you really believe a baby is what is aborted and that abortion is murder and that z/e/f have wills, you're pretty screwed up to be pro-choice.

What you have expressed here are some of the most rabid views of the anti-choice crowd.

Location hidden

#581379 Jan 2, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually I had forgotten about it but this was tested on Myth Busters
and they found the results I'm telling you , Ill see if I can find it.
I see in looking at many more google hits, that there is still mixed opinions about how lethal a falling bullet is, but there are several reports of people having died from a bullet which was just falling as opposed to on a trajectory.

Location hidden

#581380 Jan 2, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
My ex wife was crazy horny all through both pregnancies.
Is that why she became your - ex - wife? Is she now gay?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#581381 Jan 2, 2013
Freebird USA wrote:
<quoted text> A word about statistics,its alot easier to count a person shot and killed than to "interpet" what constitutes a "life being saved by a gun".Lots of room for chicanery there depending on makes that call.
Don't confuse yourself.

It's this simple: You compare a sufficient number of households divided into two groups that are otherwise indistinguishable apart from gun ownership, and you look at their fates. If the homes with guns have better or worse outcomes by whatever metric you choose, then the guns were probably the reason. That's a randomized, controlled study.

The data we have says the people who live in the homes with guns die from guns more often than those who don't live with guns. I've provided the data to support that claim, and haven't seen any contradictory studies yet in this thread.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#581382 Jan 2, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Or this:
There are 3 kinds of people in the world.
Those who understand math and those who don't.
That's another good one- but I really love the "4 out of 3 people"- that struck my funny bone BIG time!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#581383 Jan 2, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>
1. No babies involved in abortion.
2. Abortion is not murder.
I've seen all the pics before- they are all photo-shopped, all from anti-choice sites, etc.
When most abortions take place- which is within the first 12 weeks of pregnancy with the majority of those taking place within the first 9 weeks of pregnancy, the z/e/f is LESS THAN ONE INCH LONG.
Don't bother posting pics to me of dismembered limbs and all the rest.
And I know you've said you're pro-choice; if that is really true, then you should find the idea MUCH more gruesome of women being forced to remain pregnant AGAINST THEIR WILL.
And about will, a z/e/f doesn't HAVE any will one way or the other.
Stop trying to romanticize exactly what a z/e/f is.
I agree on the "find the idea MUCH more gruesome of women being forced to remain pregnant AGAINST THEIR WILL." part.

I DO feel that way. I don't think it's anyone's f_ckin business if a woman decides to abort.

But I'm not gonna lie to myself and say they're not aborting (killing) a lifeform.

I'm not romanticizing it, OCB. I'm just looking at it in a very logical & emotionless way.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#581384 Jan 2, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Most of those were already squashed and the others are just opinions, not fact. Try again.
Oh, c'mon....

Which ones were squashed & which ones were opinions?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#581385 Jan 2, 2013
OCB wrote:
And a LIFE begins at BIRTH. And the legal rights to personhood begin at BIRTH.
Is that your opinion?

Location hidden

#581386 Jan 2, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
I'll ask again - What does animals stealing food from each other have to do with your fetus=parasite argument?
You have the attention span of a lightning bolt.

You said that they couldn't be a parasite because they needed to be a different species. It has been proven (several times) that is not true.

Location hidden

#581387 Jan 2, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
A parasite is a type symbiosis , but now name a parasite that leaves the host and lives it entire life outside the host.
You is wrong on both counts, but I agree there are several phases of development that are somewhat parasitical , but fail to be defined as such because procreating is a benefit to the host by survival the of your genes to a new generation.
The parasitic part is that it survives entirely off the host until it develops enough to be able to metabolize its own food. Actually right up until birth its only source of food has to be from the mother, as it is not being fed by external means.

I won't argue the importance of a fetus as I think it is very important to everyone, and should be treated that way.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#581388 Jan 2, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with everything you said but the question was to you not everyone else.
"I would say that having children is a benefit"
Most at least 98% of mothers I know would say this.
I wonder how many of the mothers in these stories thought so or when they changed their minds.....

Growing list of shameful acts of violence and torture against children:

Tortured Toddler
Baby Tossed Over Bridge
Toddler blinded
Infant left to fend for himself
Mom watches boyfriend beat toddler to death
Father tortures infant, leaves her with brain damage
Foster mother and her boyfriend torture toddler to death
Man rapes infant
Boyfriend beats toddler for two hours straight
17 month old baby slammed to the floor and banged against wall; dies
Toddler may have arm amputated as a result of severe torture/abuse
Mother breaks her toddler’s back; allows him to suffer for a week before he dies
Father bites childs eye out
Boy kept as sex slave for six years
Toddler beaten so badly, had to have part of her intestines removed
Father and girlfriend allegedly torture 3 year old to death
Parents allegedly beat and lock up 10 year old with cancer; has prosthetic leg and is hearing impaired
Newborn killed after mother threw her in the washer machine; went through entire cleansing cycle and died
Baby spleen and pancreas ruptured and intestines severed by parents who punched her repeatedly in the stomach
Missing Alabama children reportedly abused and tortured most of their life
3 year old beaten to death by mother and boyfriend for wetting his pants
6 year old severely tortured and beaten by mother and her boyfriend
10 yr. old girl locked in tiny chest, forced to eat feces and drink urine
Woman beat and starved toddler in claims it was because she couldn’t get any marijuana
Mother and boyfriend puncture lungs of 3 yr. old boy, resulting in life support, authorities say he will likely die
Mother accused of punching her toddlers teeth out
Mother and boyfriend allegedly lock toddler and baby in 30-degree below zero room
Teen forced to eat feces, drink her own urine, imprisoned in basement since 2006
Eleven children reportedly tortured for years, tied up and never allowed to go to school
8-year-old forced to run for hours on end, until she collapses and dies – Grandmother’s punishment after eating her chocolate
Baby forced to walk on broken leg, tries repeatedly to get up, winds up dying when items topple over on her
12-year-old boy caged, tortured, tied up, and starved, hospital staff says he looks like concentration camp victim
Father accused of breaking 21 bones and permanently disfiguring 7-week-old infant daughter
11-year-old boy eats own feces before parents allow him to starve to death
Two daycare workers force tot to eat hot sauce
Mother blinds baby by forcing bleach laced eye drops into eyes
Children found at Kansas Walmart parking lot, bound and blindfolded
Boyfriend beat tot mercilessly with hanger, tot may be blind
Ohio parents arrested for locking 4-year-old in wire and steel cage
Mother admits to striking toddler with 12&#8243; cast iron skillet, nearly killing him
Mother and female roommate charged with nearly starving to death toddler
Baby found with cockroaches crawling all over her, possibly living in animal cage
6-year-old brutally stabbed by own mother while she slept
Gawker Editor writes editorial advocating for pedophiles
Ohio mother allows toddler’s infection to get so bad, it eats away at his nose
Father fractures baby skull after throwing infant across the room
Mom’s boyfriend beats 5-year-old into coma, causes ruptured pancreas
Father accused of carving pentagram into 6-year-old son’s back

http://www.imperfectparent.com/topics/2007/11...

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#581389 Jan 2, 2013
DaGawD wrote:
yall still going at this shit.
All the facts are there that this bibical god doesn't exist
www.youtube.com/tharealest62qb
Stupid...

Opinions, mere opinions.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#581390 Jan 2, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree on the "find the idea MUCH more gruesome of women being forced to remain pregnant AGAINST THEIR WILL." part.
I DO feel that way. I don't think it's anyone's f_ckin business if a woman decides to abort.
But I'm not gonna lie to myself and say they're not aborting (killing) a lifeform.
I'm not romanticizing it, OCB. I'm just looking at it in a very logical & emotionless way.
Sure- a life form is being killed.

But that is not the same as to say that a BABY is being MURDERED, which is what you said in your previous post.

And by doing so, you are not at all looking at it in a logical or emotionless way, RR.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's teapot

#581391 Jan 2, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
ugh... You to?
http://www.parents.com/pregnancy/my-body/chan...
It's strange to me that none of you self proclaimed smart people know the benefits of pregnancy.....
Except for the absence of menstrual cramps(and that could be a subjective evaluation) those are subjective evaluations.

This is what is stated at the conclusion of the article(that in and of itself should a hint)

"All content here, including advice from doctors and other health professionals, should be considered as opinion only."
http://www.parents.com/pregnancy/my-body/chan...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min Steve III 654,152
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 min Jake999 281,892
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 9 min bad bob 183,182
Queen Cleopatra was clearly Black. White people... (Aug '10) 13 min gundee123 827
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 23 min Brian_G 64,134
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 1 hr Classic 3,824
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 2 hr Lbj 106,549
first gay experience? (Sep '14) 18 hr andy 43
More from around the web