Since: Jan 12

Memphis, TN

#580788 Jan 1, 2013
Booots wrote: quoted text

That is funny. No true atheist follows anything to do with any form of deity, be it Satan, God, or Thor.
//////////

If U look at what Satanism teaches U will see that they don't worship Satan outright (it is really disguised) but teach that there is no other beings but humans and we should live life to the fullest even if it means to kill if it makes U happy, steal, have much sex, take drugs, disrespect whoever, basically just do whatever U want in life that fulfills U because there is no consequences other than from the laws of the land. It teaches a belief system that what we see is what exists and nothing more. The most important thing that Satanism teaches is that there is no God so there is no reason to hold back from commiting what Christians label as "sin". Another thing, when Satanism came onto the mainstream, there was much backlash from a mostly Christian community towards members so athiesm was used as a means to convince people that they were not actually worshipping Satan but were just people without a concept of an entity that demanded obedience from them. So athiesm IS satanism but with sprinkles on top.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#580789 Jan 1, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought you said you didn't do that.
Lmao!

shu'up catch

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#580790 Jan 1, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm going to explain something to you , there could be no bloodless happy go lucky succession and the reason why there was a civil war before. If states succeeded there would be a loss of revenue , and Washington would never allow the succession of all that money.
that would be too bad, but on the upside, the US might win a war, the last time you won a war it was the civil one.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#580791 Jan 1, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever seen Neil DeGrasse Tyson's five minute video on stupid design, especially the last section on human design? You can see it here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =4238NN8HMgQXX and read along here:
Universe:
• Most planet orbits are unstable
• Star formation inefficient - less the 3% of a gas cloud actually makes a star.
• Most places kill life instantly - heat -- radiation- cold.
• Galaxy orbits brings you near a supernova and wipe out your ozone.
• Our system will eventually collide with Andromeda system.
• The universe is slowing winding down to a heat death
Earth:
• Earthquakes, Volcanoes, Tsunamis, Floods, Tornadoes, Hurricanes, Lightning Strikes, kills hundreds of thousands of people every year and level cities.
• We can't live on 2/3 of its surface.
• Freeze or stave on half of what remains.
• Mass extinctions from disease, climate shift and killer asteroids.
• 90% of all life that ever lived is now extinct.
• 3.5-billion years to make multi-cellular life.
Humans:
• Aggressive Childhood Leukemia, hemophilia, sickle cell anemia, multiple sclerosis, epilepsy, Parkinsons, ALS.
• Predators (including human), parasites and infections.
• Our eyes can only see a tiny part of the electromagnetic spectrum
• Vision loss with age, teeth fall out, Alzheimers, prostate cancer, kidney failure.
• We exhale most of the oxygen we inhale.
• Warm-blooded must eat constantly compared with cold-blooded animals that dont have to eat daily (or even weekly)
• Practically comatose for 1/3 of our lives.
• Can't detect things that kill us like magnetic fields, ionizing radiation fields, Radon, CO, CH4, C02 (the last three are gases that kill us without us even being able to smell them.
• Massive numbers of spontaneous abortions and birth defects.
• Bursting appencies
• One hole for breathing, eating, drinking, and speaking – we can choke.
• The playground is in the middle of the sewer system
LMAO! Nice list that guy made.

To me, that's all the more reason to believe in ID, Gods design.

Location hidden

#580792 Jan 1, 2013
Freebird USA wrote:
<quoted text>
They justify their behavior by claiming victim status and labling all who disagree as "fundies" and "godbots". Not all posters but the angry fringe variety so well represented in online forums. They engage in the very behavior they claim to abhor.
feel free to include yourself

you are sufficiently deluded

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#580793 Jan 1, 2013
<quoted text>
Thanks. And that was a nice review of parasitism and pregnancy.
Thank you. That was only around half of it. Most anti-choicers can't get past the parasitism part, so they never make it to the science that shows that a fetus is a semiallogenic graft.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#580794 Jan 1, 2013
<quoted text>
The Republicans claim that government doesn't work, then work to make sure that it doesn't, as Bush did with FEMA by putting "Heckuvajob Brownie" on the job. Of course government failed.
I'm sure you are aware of the embarrassment that FEMA under Obama was for Romney. That "big government" canard blew up in his face just prior to the election. When asked about FEMA during one of the presidential debates, Romney said,
"Every time you have an occasion to take something from the federal government and send it back to the states, that's the right direction. And if you can go even further, and send it back to the private sector, that's even better."
Then came hurricane Sandy.
"One of Mitt Romney’s biggest supporters, New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, had nothing but praise for President Barack Obama today, as his state prepares to rebuild from the damage caused by Hurricane Sandy.
“I have to say, the administration, the president himself, and FEMA Administrator Craig Fugate have been outstanding with us so far,” Christie said on Good Morning America.“We have a great partnership with them."
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/10/...
I think people feel that way because the government isn't supposed to be a business.

Location hidden

#580795 Jan 1, 2013
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
you are right, i agree with you on this, i don't know why anyone would want assualt weapons, i posed that same question to someone i work with and they replied, that some people collect guns as a hobby.
sure

why collect the bullets by the thousand, is not one unused box not sufficient for the collection?

Location hidden

#580796 Jan 1, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
That whole club got the Darwin award.
Unfortunately, the wrong one got removed from the gene pool.
nature abhors a vacuum

and

has no mercy

Location hidden

#580797 Jan 1, 2013
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
in reference to your icon statement "there is no truth in faith"
question.
when you sit in a chair you have faith it will hold you up.
when you get in a car and drive yourself somewhere you have faith you will arrive safely.
when you are sick and take medicine you have faith the medicine will make you well.
those results are evidence of truth.
so how can you say there is no truth in faith?
becaues if you have faith in something and it proves out as reliable and right then it is truth.
you conflate confidence with delusion.

If you cannot truly distinguish, your are uneducated.

Location hidden

#580798 Jan 1, 2013
Just Results wrote:
christianity is an abomination.
a bit harsh,

don't you think?

Location hidden

#580799 Jan 1, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
But a fetus is not a parasite *specifically because it is procreation.
You're a real work of art Myth. You obviously DIDN'T even read what what was written, yet alone comprehend it. So why even comment on it? Every medical school and researcher on the topic agree with what I said. Deal with it. You're 0 for 2 now.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#580800 Jan 1, 2013
This actually happened:
TOM: Aint, what's your position on global warming?
AINT: I consider it a credible threat. How about you?
TOM: I don't. Pass the wine.
Mylan wrote:
Wow, that's amazing. It's like they have eyes but they refuse to understand what they see. It's called delusion. Kind of like when a cigarette smoker knows it is killing him, but he says he's fine, or an alcoholic says he's drinking just because he's had a bad day. LOL...
It's just another casualty of faith based thought, this time, amplified by Christian antiscientism - the assault on the credibility of science, in this case, climate science has got to be ΄part of that problem.

But that's not all. The Christians have also given us this helpful thought:

“We don't have to protect the environment, the Second Coming is at hand”- James Watt, Secretary of the Interior under Reagan.

Location hidden

#580801 Jan 1, 2013
<quoted text>
The Republicans claim that government doesn't work, then work to make sure that it doesn't, as Bush did with FEMA by putting "Heckuvajob Brownie" on the job. Of course government failed.
I'm sure you are aware of the embarrassment that FEMA under Obama was for Romney. That "big government" canard blew up in his face just prior to the election. When asked about FEMA during one of the presidential debates, Romney said,
"Every time you have an occasion to take something from the federal government and send it back to the states, that's the right direction. And if you can go even further, and send it back to the private sector, that's even better."
Then came hurricane Sandy.
"One of Mitt Romney’s biggest supporters, New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, had nothing but praise for President Barack Obama today, as his state prepares to rebuild from the damage caused by Hurricane Sandy.
“I have to say, the administration, the president himself, and FEMA Administrator Craig Fugate have been outstanding with us so far,” Christie said on Good Morning America.“We have a great partnership with them."
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/10/...
Yup, well said.

Location hidden

#580802 Jan 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said I reject any of them. For all I know they're all different representations of the same God.
I have no ill-will for any religion, so long as it's peaceful.
<quoted text>
I know, God inspired the WHOLE bible, not just the Hebrew version. This is why I don't understand the Jews. How can they say they believe in God but not believe in the Bible? In Jesus?
The Holy Spirit raped Mary?!? You think they had sex?
only a christian would call rape, sex

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#580803 Jan 1, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
As I told my second husband, "This will be the part of you that I KNOW will love me forever."
I wonder why that relationship didn't work out.

Location hidden

#580804 Jan 1, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> I see little difference between parties also , they just talk different and then do the same things mostly.
That's the first intelligent thing you've ever said. Congratulations.

Location hidden

#580805 Jan 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
There's athi-logic for ya!
It's now "immoral" for a cop to give you a ticket for speeding.
I guess it's not immoral to break to law...
Friggin athitards.
god, damn, you are stupid
can you dress yourself?

more than 95% of the traffic is speeding
they are ticketing less than 4%

that is immoral.

(there are also other aspects, beyond your ability to comprehend, I am sure)

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#580806 Jan 1, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> the impact of a bullet falling with the force of gravity alone doesn't have any more force than a tiny rock thrown. It may give you a goose egg , that's about it.
I hadn't read this report before but here are some actual facts, some of which are case histories and others are the opinions of top level army personnel:

http://www.straightdope.com/columns/read/1199...

I guess if you are wearing a helmet and the bullets falls on the helmet it will just make a slight dent, and you might hear it hit, but if it strikes a soft part of your body, let's say you happen to look up and it enters your eye, you just might find yourself in a casket. I would myself prefer to take my chances with a bullet fired straight up over one that is on a low trajectory that I am on the other end of (which would likely kill for sure if it hit anything vital).

38 people dying from falling bullets over a 7 year period in LA may not be statistically high, but if you are one of those 38 then you are dead.

I would think, to be on the safe side, if one is intent on firing a gun to celebrate something, shoot it into soft earth, or into a thick tree, where the bullet will stay put, or use blanks. Even firing on the ground in a city would be foolish as the bullet could bounce off concrete or rocks, and still hit someone with far more than enough force to kill them.

When I was a kid I had BB guns, and I recall once I lined up on a fence post while leaning the gun against another fence post maybe 8 feet away, and I hit the head of a nail or something and the BB came right back and him me in the face. Fortunately my BB guns would not shoot fast enough that the BB would enter a person's body, except a very soft part, even if it was fired directly at them. It was extremely effective on small birds though. Pretty well guaranteed that if you hit a small bird it was either dead or close to it.

I do remember scaring myself once when I fired at the ground in the general direction of my younger brother, and the BB bounced and hit him. Kind of made me feel like a fool, and a bit scared too, as I thought he might tell my parents, and then no more BB gun for me.

Location hidden

#580807 Jan 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
jonathan wrote:
prove there is not one.
<quoted text>
Yahweh, YHWH.
Prove it.
get a bible

read it

religitards!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Will the False Prophet come from the Vatican??? 5 min Doctor REALITY 14
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 min onemale 265,569
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 6 min Seraphima 605,373
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min Anthony MN 560,609
AirAsia jet vanishes into sea 14 min Doctor REALITY 2
Time For Civilized People Everywhere.... 1 hr Talion 1
Moses never existed 1 hr KiMare 847
Gay snapchat names 5 hr boygyhoy 183
How do I ask my dad for sex? (Oct '13) 14 hr dallas75225 70
More from around the web