|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

Freebird USA wrote:
<quoted text> How interesting then that you choose to share yours with me.
You just happen to be here.

Like the rude guest at a party.
God Himself

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
And that is the miracle of faith-based thought. It has no interest in accuracy or internal consistency.
Wrong.

"Faith" is induced in the mind of a man by the influence of reality on his being.

As such, all "faith" is somewhat consistent with the experiences which engendered it.

If you take notice, you will realize that the description of what one has faith in must be expressed using representations of the experience(s) that lead to that faith.

If I have faith that I will get some money (from wherever), then that "faith" is based upon either my experiences of getting money or someone else's experiences of getting money. Either way, my faith in getting money IS CONSISTENT with reality (internal and external if I might add).
It merely wants what it wants, which is whatever comforts, whatever gives the illusion of protection, whether than be a gun or a god.
You have no point here.

There is no man which does not seek that which in his best interest or according to his desires; whether scientific thinker, artist, religious nut or "IANS".

And the value of the accomplishments of man are naturally illusive; do we ever know the significance of what we have achieved when we dont know what the future brings? We might encounter something the next five minutes that makes everything we have thought, known and experienced since we were born, utterly insignificant.

Show me the human device or concept that does not represent man desire for he "...wants, which is whatever comforts, whatever gives..."

Furthermore, do the services offered by the armed forces protect the American citizens, or does it only offer A SENSE OF SECURITY?

Which procedure or policy that they have implemented is enough to convince YOU that nothing bad will happen?

<<<<<<< <<<<<<< <<<<<<< <<<<<<< <<<>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

I noticed in your post to "truth" you mentioned something regarding men being encouraged to hate the material or generally harbour negative notions about the physical world (or something to that effect).

But you dont understand the motivation behind the principle. You hardly understand anything about the issue.

It has been observed that:

"INDEPENDENCE IS SUPERIOR TO PROFIT, AND HE THAT REQUIRES THE LEAST IS MORE EFFICIENT THAN HE WHO HAS ALL."

As such, it is better to be able to function without a thing, than to have it in abundance.

It is better to be able to disregard the physical world than to be dependent on its good(ness) to survive.

Why? Because there is no infinity in the material realm, so you cant have an abundant, infinite supply of good(s); it will run out one day.

And when that good runs out, what will you do; sacrifice your humanity by coming up with means of rectification such as reducing the population size, such that the goods available will be sufficient for those left?

And how long will holding on to the little that is left be good enough to all those that are left to survive for much longer?

Spiritual values (Christian), regarding our mentality towards the material world were calculated so that the mind of the believer tends toward the formation of a better mind and a better man; not a better person.

Spiritual values are based on creating a better person, not a better thing.

But you have been brought up in a system designed with the philosophies of Materialism so you will never appreciate spirituality.

All you think about amounts to sh!t because you have your head up your a$$. You have no clue.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Are you saying that if the majority agreed that a separation was the best choice, the government would try to stop them for selfish reasons? I agree with that, too. If that is correct, your government no longer sees itself as serving you, but the other way around.
That's correct and the civil war and actual reason Lincoln used to justify troops to fight in the civil war is a document that commits them to because they did not pay their taxes. That is what the legal reason to attack was. Slavery was just an excuse.

I learned that last night among other things as in, We really have no rights and we are not free , it's an illusion. As citizens of the US we have very very little rights.

As we the people we have all 10 amendments of the bill of rights.
It's messed up , now go find people in the us who are not subject to being a citizen of the US. Our system of government is more tyrannical than I would have ever guessed.

Since: Feb 12

Otterberg, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
The sad thing is that you don't know the difference. I call their beliefs crazy, but I do not ridicule them for choosing to follow them, not the way that christian tourists do, which is just plain hypocrisy. So why do you think their beliefs are less crazy than yours? Why do you justify tourists pointing fingers and laughing at them, harassing them, and pretty much being anti-social in all ways?
The sad thing is that you misrepresent yourself and your position.

You call their beliefs crazy and then ridicule others for doing the same thing. Have you ever been to the Amish area of the US? How about the Menonites?
I guess you must have missed the post where even though it is none of your business I stated that I am agnostic. So your sideways attempt at insulting me is pointless.
You see unlike you I do not ridicule people because of their belief system. I believe that it is their right and not my business as to what they believe.
What I do call out when I see it is the type of things you rant about on this and other threads. You ridicule and personaly attack people because they do not lack a belief system as you claim to. This is a common thtread amoung those that come on these threads and claim to be atheists. Just look at the tittle of this thread.
Now again I ask you how do you know that those tourists that point and make fun of the Amish are Christian?
Having been to that area of the country I can tell you that while I was there very little of that went on. People looked because the dress and mannerisms are very different but then that is what makes them money. If they were the same no one would go see them.
For those that did, in my opinion, act rude I didn't see any of them carrying signs saying they were Christian. They could have been Muslim, Hindu, Wican, COS, or Atheist. No way to tell.
By the way just as a matter of clarification, Amish are Christians.
So the belief system would have nothing to do with it.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

The other thing I learned is this was all planned from conception . The people in 18th century America
(constitution framers) were not stupid.

In 1776 when we became a Independent Nation,
Harvard was over 100 years old.
Another trivia bit I learned.

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
in reference to your icon statement "there is no truth in faith"
question.
when you sit in a chair you have faith it will hold you up.
No there is no faith involved. I was taught by my parents that chairs are for sitting when they continually sat me down in one. Their teaching and the constant reinforcement that the vast majority of chairs I sat down in (evidence) held me up provided me with the knowledge that the chair would hold me up. AS I grew older, a couple of times a chair would fail, collapse and down I'd go. That experience has taught me to question whether certain chairs would hold me up, judging by their appearance.
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
when you get in a car and drive yourself somewhere you have faith you will arrive safely.
Yes that is true, accidents do happen. So one one is really ever sure that if you drive somewhere you will arrive safely. Same with flying in an airplane, riding on a train etc. Because not everything is in your control. Other factors include other drivers, the weather, the pilot etc.

But the vast majority of the time I have arrived safely, providing statistical evidence that I will arrive safely. A conclusion based of facts
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
when you are sick and take medicine you have faith the medicine will make you well.
true, but experience has taught me that medicine usually does make you well. There have been times when it hasn't so the doctor prescribed a different medication and it usually worked. A conclusion based on previous facts.
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
those results are evidence of truth.
so how can you say there is no truth in faith?
becaues if you have faith in something and it proves out as reliable and right then it is truth.
Yes there is "truth in faith", when it is based on empirical evidence and facts. However, there is no empirical evidence of the existence of a god, ergo no truth in religious faith.

Since: Feb 12

Otterberg, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
The other thing I learned is this was all planned from conception . The people in 18th century America
(constitution framers) were not stupid.
In 1776 when we became a Independent Nation,
Harvard was over 100 years old.
Another trivia bit I learned.
Another bit of trivia you may find interesting is the oldest Private College in the US is Dartmouth.

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

UR BS wrote:
<quoted text>
Now again I ask you how do you know that those tourists that point and make fun of the Amish are Christian?
Its a simple statistical conclusion. AS many christians are quick to point out,(in making the case that the U.S. is a Christian nation) 80% of Americans are Christian.

so what do you think the odds are that the people making fun of the Amish are Christians as opposed to say Jews or Muslims?

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

wilderide wrote:
Fair enough. What's [y]our rationale for rejecting all other gods except one?
I never said I reject any of them. For all I know they're all different representations of the same God.

I have no ill-will for any religion, so long as it's peaceful.
Well, did God inspire the Hebrew Bible, upon which your entire religion is also based, or not? Because according to it, Jesus did not qualify. According to Jewish prophecy, the messiah:
Would be a man (not a god)
Would gather all of the Jews back to Israel
Would create word peace
...all within his lifetime. Did Jesus do all that? Nope. And he was also supposed of be descended from the house of David, which arguable also discounts Jesus, as he was not descended from Joseph, who was from the house of David, but rather Mary, who was not. That's the problem with having Greek disciples, they like to incorporate Greek myths about gods and humans interbreeding, and virgin births.
Also, isn't it pretty arguable that the Holy Spirit raped Mary, by impregnating her without her prior consent?
I know, God inspired the WHOLE bible, not just the Hebrew version. This is why I don't understand the Jews. How can they say they believe in God but not believe in the Bible? In Jesus?

The Holy Spirit raped Mary?!? You think they had sex?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
you know RR, you are a hateful christian, but even you are not stupid enough to believe your post.
you have the morals of a christian
Why is that stupid?

Try to give an honest post, just once.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I realize it's under that section. What you don't seem to realize, or want to acknowledge, is that single quote doesn't reference gun crime, and neither does it's supporting citation. I mean, how much clearer can it be?
Seriously?

It's in the "Firearm" section but it doesn't say "Firearm"?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

karl44 wrote:
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Speed limits are outdated.
<quoted text>
I agree, that speed limits are outdated.
in the juristictions, which I am familiar:
discounting the heavy vehicles (trucks mortor-homes etc) the remaining traffic may be over the limit very nearly at 100%
this is not a situation that is good for traffic, good for respect for law, or good for society.
(it allows the police to stop any vehicle, and it allows the collection of fines, but is immoral)
There's athi-logic for ya!

It's now "immoral" for a cop to give you a ticket for speeding.

I guess it's not immoral to break to law...

Friggin athitards.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>It IS a parasite and it's only symbiotic if it's welcomed by the woman. A ‘symbiotic’ relationship is one where both sides share and benefit. When a woman doesn't want it - then there is NO benefit and it becomes a parasite ( lives off of another and uses their resources). You really aught to read more.
You should tell your mom that you're nothing more than a parasite...
Rosa Winkel

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
someone should respect your knowledge
try your boyfriend
Boyfriend? Don't u mean that thing's customers?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

No. My idea of being a responsible parent and yours are very different.
Different, yes. I suppose you'll tell me next that your way is "better".
Plus, your answer is too cold. You know as well as I do that children are being sacrificed so that people like you can feel safer, and that your platitudes don't protect the children who do find the guns.
Natural selection can be cold, too.
um... WHAT?!?

What children are being sacrificed?!?!?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
gun ownership should require licensing
It does.

At least in California.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
some base their philosophy upon reality.
You appear to lack the intellect to defend your choice, which is the reason you made such a choice.
Holy shitballs, karl.

You used a capital letter!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

karl44 wrote:

so is a dandelion
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>You are sick. Seek help.
He's a darling little troll, ain't he?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
If I'm not mistaken, this is a new face to your Topix presence. Not surprisingly, I like it.
==========
@RiversideRedneck:*THAT* was a metaphorical use of the word "face." Presences don't have faces like clocks, dice, playing cards, mountains, buildings, and bodies of water do.
No shit, Sherlock.

But hey, thanks for acknowledging that the bible is full of metaphor. Maybe that'll help you understand it better.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
and when you are on vacation you come on topix! thats what you call ADDICTED.
As one who comes here every day that she can for 4 years as of this month to only attack non-believers and gays.

Personally, I keep coming here because I see some unfinished business here. Several people have been violent (verbally) attacked because of how they were born. I will not tolerate that behavior from anyone, and I will fight until such behavior stops.

Also since I have reported the situation of your alleged mental illness to two agencies in Kentucky, I feel it would be in bad form for me to disappear from this site, as I don't want them to think, when they investigate, that I just came here to report on someone and then disappeared (which is not what my intentions are at all).

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 551,181 - 551,200 of715,631
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

474 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
I want to be a sex slave to elder woman (May '13) 6 min umesh 14
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 10 min Johnny 1,359
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 12 min RoSesz 529,570
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 17 min WasteWater 255,476
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 44 min Aura Mytha 222,979
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 44 min The Awakener 171,378
Starpower - Ladies dance competition 45 min PDX Dave 1
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr WasteWater 93,103
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 1 hr Zioni 114,497
Does anyone do incest sex with your sister (Apr '12) 8 hr Carly 107
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••