“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#580713 Jan 1, 2013
God Himself wrote:
It has been observed that:
"INDEPENDENCE IS SUPERIOR TO PROFIT, AND HE THAT REQUIRES THE LEAST IS MORE EFFICIENT THAN HE WHO HAS ALL." As such, it is better to be able to function without a thing, than to have it in abundance.
No, it is better to not need a thing than to need it.

Who are you quoting by the way? Yourself? I Googled the quote and couldn't find it.
God Himself wrote:
It is better to be able to disregard the physical world than to be dependent on its good(ness) to survive.
This is nonsense. You disregard the physical world at great peril, and you are dependent on it to survive, Grasshopper.

Fennario

#580714 Jan 1, 2013
God Himself wrote:
Why? Because there is no infinity in the material realm, so you cant have an abundant, infinite supply of good(s); it will run out one day.
Why are you feeding us this self-evident and irrelevant pablum? I don't need infinity in the material realm.
God Himself wrote:
And when that good runs out, what will you do; sacrifice your humanity by coming up with means of rectification such as reducing the population size, such that the goods available will be sufficient for those left?
Your thinking is insane. We'll manage resources with birth control, conservation techniques such as recycling, and new technologies such as solar and aeolian power.
God Himself wrote:
All you think about amounts to sh!t because you have your head up your a$$. You have no clue.
I just saw on the news that the first baby of the year born in America is little baby girl Alvarado. I know that paranoia that America is experiencing over this. Better get more guns. The minorities are coming.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#580715 Jan 1, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for the feedback. I would be interested to know who thinks division is a bad idea, and why. All I see is benefit with no downside..
Yup, Then our government can tell them about the old saying "you don't know what you're missing until it's gone." Maybe then they'll appreciate all that the government does for them.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#580716 Jan 1, 2013
UR BS wrote:
<quoted text>
Another bit of trivia you may find interesting is the oldest Private College in the US is Dartmouth.
Wrong.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#580717 Jan 1, 2013
<quoted text>
You could answer that question by disbanding the military. If you are overrun, then you were wrong to not defend yourself.
I have lived my entire life without a gun. My judgment that I was safe had been justified. And the families with guns in their homes have suffered more gun casualties that those. I always felt safer in a home with no gun.
You might say that that is because other people have guns. But my neighbors in Mexico are unarmed, and I'm safe here, too - no doubt safer for them being unarmed.
It all depends on where you live,what you do for a living and circumstance. You've been lucky.

Location hidden

#580718 Jan 1, 2013
This actually happened:
TOM: Aint, what's your position on global warming?
AINT: I consider it a credible threat. How about you?
TOM: I don't. Pass the wine.
Wow, that's amazing. It's like they have eyes but they refuse to understand what they see. It's called delusion. Kind of like when a cigarette smoker knows it is killing him, but he says he's fine, or an alcoholic sys he's drinking just because he's had a bad day. LOL...

“It's all about the struggle”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#580719 Jan 1, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
How does the mother benefit?
As I told my second husband, "This will be the part of you that I KNOW will love me forever."

Love is a benefit.

Location hidden

#580720 Jan 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
God did a great job creating us, didn't He?
Unless you're ready to argue that this is all due to chance......
Depends on your definition of God. Either way over the years my studies have shown me how incredible the human body is, although it does have a few flaws.

Fennario

#580721 Jan 1, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
That's correct and the civil war and actual reason Lincoln used to justify troops to fight in the civil war is a document that commits them to because they did not pay their taxes. That is what the legal reason to attack was. Slavery was just an excuse.
I learned that last night among other things as in, We really have no rights and we are not free , it's an illusion. As citizens of the US we have very very little rights.
As we the people we have all 10 amendments of the bill of rights.
It's messed up , now go find people in the us who are not subject to being a citizen of the US. Our system of government is more tyrannical than I would have ever guessed.
I agree. We have more in common than I thought.

And personally,I don't think the citizens have any mechanism for regaining control - certainly not with the democratic process. Catcher says he's an optimist, but I can't be any any more -not about that.

I remember the American people issuing a mandate in 2006 with the election of a Democratic Congress that was ignored. We wanted what was perceived as a tyrannical president and his irrational war stopped. Instead, we were told that impeachment was off the table, and then the Democrats went and approved every nickel of Bush's war budget.

I don't see where elections, third parties, referenda, running for office, petitions, letters to congresspersons, demonstrations, or any other democratic activity matters except at the local levels of government and with trivial issues.

I'd love to be wrong about that. But I don't think I am. I don't see what political or militant force can make that government responsive to its citizens rather than its corporations ever again.

If elections and revolution are ineffective, what then? Are we hoping for smart, powerful, and decent people to push the entrenched corporatist powers aside and take over - the cavalry?

Location hidden

#580722 Jan 1, 2013
Rosa Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Boyfriend? Don't u mean that thing's customers?
Sad, but I bet there's more truth to that then we know...

“It's all about the struggle”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#580723 Jan 1, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
It should.
I'm sure the court misses him.

Location hidden

#580724 Jan 1, 2013
boooots wrote:
Personally, I keep coming here because I see some unfinished business here. Several people have been violent (verbally) attacked because of how they were born. I will not tolerate that behavior from anyone, and I will fight until such behavior stops.
Sadly there are very few here that are open minded. This is the nature of most forums. Neither side is going to convince the other of anything. People just end up getting frustrated and becoming hateful. Good luck with your quest but pack a lunch.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#580725 Jan 1, 2013
Freebird USA wrote:
<quoted text> You see what you want to see. I don't give a damn how people choose to live. And I don't want them telling he the proper way to think or act.
Ah.

Was someone doing that?

Who?

Location hidden

#580726 Jan 1, 2013
Just Results wrote:
when she said she wanted to bash Christians to death with sledge hammers.
Why get a sledge hammer dirty?

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#580727 Jan 1, 2013
UR BS wrote:
<quoted text>
Well lets see. Based on this and other threads I have been on the ones that are ridiculing people for any type of belief system are the atheists.
Beside as I said people may look, some may even point but there is no way to know what religion they belong to and that is with no regard to the fact that the Anish are Christians. So the pointing would have nothing to do with a beklief system but more in a manner of dress.
As I said I have been there and saw very few people acting in a rude manner and those that were I have no way of knowing what religious flavor they were if they had a flavor.
Actually the majority of the inappropriate beahior I saw was amoung the 18 to 25 year age group. Ab estimation on the age but the younger people the product of the newer secular school system in the US.
I don't ridicule all people of faith only those that don't understand their beliefs are exactly that, their beliefs and not everybody else. I ridicule those that would try and impose their beliefs on everybody else. Those who are so ego-centric that they can't accept or understand that others have the right to live by their own beliefs. Those who act like they are in on a little secret, that they have some knowledge that we mere non-believers don't have, without any evidence to support that religious belief.

Oh and please spare me that those mocking the Amish are the result of taking "God" out of school. I spent 8 years in Catholic school and all that religious indoctrination didn't stop Catholic teenagers from poking fun at others

Teenagers have been mocking others for ages......

Location hidden

#580728 Jan 1, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
I'm basking in the knowledge that new Supreme Court Justices will make this a far better place, long-term.
Yup. long overdue. Now the pendulum is swinging the other way :)

Location hidden

#580729 Jan 1, 2013
Just Results wrote:
Same sex marriage is an abomination.
Then get a divorce.

Fennario

#580730 Jan 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
What children are being sacrificed?!?!?
Never mind.

Did you shoot your guns into the air at midnight last night? They used to like to do that when I lived in rural Missouri.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#580731 Jan 1, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sure the court misses him.
What court would that be, and why?

Location hidden

#580732 Jan 1, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
In 1776 when we became a Independent Nation,
Harvard was over 100 years old.
Yup, Harvard was named for its first donor, the Reverend John Harvard.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min Chess 548,859
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 min TIM958 602,231
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 5 min andet1987 5,506
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 5 min Johnny 3,693
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 11 min bad bob 174,426
4 word game (use same Letter) (Mar '13) 17 min andet1987 1,188
3 Word Game (Feb '12) 23 min andet1987 4,319
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr RADEKT 261,707
Dubai massage Body To Body full service 0559... (Feb '14) 7 hr Dubai Massage 055... 119

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE