Prove there's a god.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#580946 Jan 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
I've noticed that your MO is to not respond to relevant information on a post.
Here it is again:
A parasite is defined as: "an organism that lives on or in an organism of another species, known as the host, from the body of which it obtains nutriment."
See the "another species" part?
Are you concluding that the mother & child are from different species?
You are quite dishonest. Keep reading past the first definition:

parasite
noun
1. an organism that lives on or in an organism of another species, known as the host, from the body of which it obtains nutriment.

2. a person who receives support, advantage, or the like, from another or others without giving any useful or proper return, as one who lives on the hospitality of others.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/parasi...

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#580947 Jan 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
ugh.....
A parasite is defined as an organism of one species living in or on an organism of another species and deriving its nourishment from the host.
A human embryo or fetus is an organism of one species living in the uterine cavity of an organism of the same species and deriving its nourishment from the mother. This homospecific relationship is an obligatory dependent relationship, but not a parasitic relationship.
A parasite is an invading organism -- coming to parasitize the host from an outside source.
A human embryo or fetus is formed from a fertilized egg -- the egg coming from an inside source, being formed in the ovary of the mother from where it moves into the oviduct where it may be fertilized to form the zygote -- the first cell of the new human being.
A parasite is an organism that, once it invades the definitive host, will usually remain with host for life.
A human embryo or fetus has a temporary association with the mother, remaining only a number of months in the uterus.
Yes, you are both correct. The problem lies in that each offspring is not identical to the parent, therefore it is a different organism, and thus can still be a parasite. The definition of "species" is a problem itself, because it's arbitrary.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#580948 Jan 1, 2013
God Himself wrote:
But whose conception is "Oogah Boogah"? Is "Oogah Boogah" the Christians' idea of what he/she believes in; OR is "Oogah Boogah" YOUR idea of what YOU THINK Christians beleive in?
Oogah Boogah was referring to religious faith
God Himself wrote:
You seem to be trying very hard to separate religious beliefs from some other form of belief which you hold to be more valid for some reason or another.
Yes. Evidence based belief is both distinct from religious faith, and more valid.
God Himself wrote:
But you must be aware that the attempt to QUALIFY experiences is a philosophy aim; it is not a "scientific" pursuit.
What?
God Himself wrote:
EXPERIENCES ARE QUANTIFIED, NOT QUALIFIED.
The only thing one can say objectively about any experience (X), whether spiritual or scientific is that either:
a. There was an experience of X
OR
b. There was no experience of X
Religious faith and evidence based belief are qualitatively different in several ways.
God Himself wrote:
As such, NO FAITH IS DIFFERENT FROM ANY OTHER FAITH; because all faith is based on experience and "experience" is one idea.
Religious faith is not based on evidence.
God Himself wrote:
Why cant religious faith be contradicted by evidence?
Religious faith is often contradicted by evidence, but not to the religious. They are impervious to it.
God Himself wrote:
Do you care about truth?
Yes. There is no truth in religious faith.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#580949 Jan 1, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Wow, that's amazing. It's like they have eyes but they refuse to understand what they see. It's called delusion. Kind of like when a cigarette smoker knows it is killing him, but he says he's fine, or an alcoholic sys he's drinking just because he's had a bad day. LOL...
What's amazing about people with differing opinions being able to enjoy a meal without arguing?

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#580950 Jan 1, 2013
Still waiting RiversideRedneck, explain to everyone how Kleptoparasitism may be intraspecific?

You made an assertion, now back it up with facts or shut up.

Location hidden

#580951 Jan 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you think the whole point of me showing that Gen 1:2 displays a perfect, unarguable metaphor is?
To show you people that some of the bible can't be taken literally.
You helped show that....
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
To show you people that some of the bible can't be taken literally.
You spelled seriously wrong.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#580952 Jan 1, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I wouldn't read that sort of tripe.
But I have read a number of books about the Civil War and about the period between 1859-1865, and can recommend some good ones to you.
Absolutely astonishing. Thats what you call having an open mind?

Location hidden

#580953 Jan 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
"The seven deadly sins of the Christian Church are: greed, pride, envy, anger, gluttony, lust, and sloth. Satanism advocates indulging in each of these "sins" as they all lead to physical, mental, or emotional gratification."
-magus anton szandor lavey, church of satan founder
Sounds like an atheist...
He was an atheist. All Laveyan Satanists are. Read the Satanic Bible if you want to learn. But remember; it's just a book, right?

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#580954 Jan 1, 2013
Freebird USA wrote:
<quoted text> Absolutely astonishing. Thats what you call having an open mind?
I have a bullsh*t filter.

It's called critical thinking.

Location hidden

#580955 Jan 1, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a bullsh*t filter.
It's called critical thinking.
Please share with the rest of us how your "critical thinking" can magically know the content of a book without reading it.

Its more like you're a closed minded ideologue and the only bullshit here is the copious amount you're shoveling.

Long Beach, CA

#580956 Jan 1, 2013
Freebird USA wrote:
<quoted text>
Please share with the rest of us how your "critical thinking" can magically know the content of a book without reading it.
Its more like you're a closed minded ideologue and the only bullshit here is the copious amount you're shoveling.
Magic has nothing to do with it.

I know who the brothers are and what they are:

Looney tunes.

Location hidden

#580957 Jan 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That the US has won no wars since the "civil one"????
You're as deluded as he is.
During the Civil War the states weren't united. The United States didn't win that war.

Location hidden

#580958 Jan 1, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Looney tunes.
I know who and what Howard Zinn was yet I managed to read A Peoples History of the United States.

All you're exhibiting is a closed intellectually lazy mind.
You can't refute the evidence presented in the book(by virtue of not reading it) so you resort to a personal attack on the authors.

Location hidden

#580959 Jan 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You are mistaken.
It is you athitards that condone evil & murdering children.
F_ck you.
And everyone that acts like you.
I'm pretty sure that nobody here condones murdering children or adults. Well, maybe Just Results and the Doc.

I left the last sentence fragment ambiguous on purpose :)

Long Beach, CA

#580961 Jan 1, 2013
Freebird USA wrote:
<quoted text>
I know who and what Howard Zinn was yet I managed to read A Peoples History of the United States.
All you're exhibiting is a closed intellectually lazy mind.
You can't refute the evidence presented in the book(by virtue of not reading it) so you resort to a personal attack on the authors.
Fine.

Location hidden

#580964 Jan 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
The douche thinks that a baby is a parasite.
I proved him wrong, now he's throwing a temper tantrum.
Besides, he's not right. He said a mother only gets pregnant by choice.....
That isn't true.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
He said a mother only gets pregnant by choice.....
That's not exactly what he said but it brings up that Mary question I had earlier.

Location hidden

#580965 Jan 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Can a parasite survive without a placenta?
Google will only take YOU so far...
Google stock was very good to me.

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#580966 Jan 1, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Looney tunes.
I'm here to represent Looney Tunes.

Cease and desist.

I have pies at the ready, should you continue.

Location hidden

#580967 Jan 1, 2013
Forum carlsbad nm wrote:
Jesus Bless us
and pass the ammunition.
Forum carlsbad nm

Carlsbad, NM

#580968 Jan 1, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Oogah Boogah was referring to religious faith
<quoted text>
Yes. Evidence based belief is both distinct from religious faith, and more valid.
<quoted text>
What?
<quoted text>
Religious faith and evidence based belief are qualitatively different in several ways.
<quoted text>
Religious faith is not based on evidence.
<quoted text>
Religious faith is often contradicted by evidence, but not to the religious. They are impervious to it.
<quoted text>
Yes. There is no truth in religious faith.
Quoting God is blasphemy if it isn't true.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
aguaje pills (Jun '10) 7 min Mandy 70
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 11 min -Stray Dog 6,531
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 15 min Regina 600,080
The Christian Atheist debate 1 hr Kaitlin the Wolf ... 2,027
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr RiccardoFire 40,896
Pro Lifers Are The Same As liberals 1 hr RiccardoFire 34
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr onemale 272,424
Sleeping with mother (Oct '13) 2 hr andy 45
More from around the web