Prove there's a god.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#581000 Jan 1, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Because he called humanity a bunch of parasites.
Why are you bothering to argue with that idiot troll?

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#581001 Jan 1, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Sadists love inflicting pain.
You're right, christians are sadist. Remember the Crusades? LOl...

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#581002 Jan 1, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> WRONG I will run the numbers ,
Ill give you a 200 grain bullet which is heavier than most used in small arms in military rifles.
With all kinetic exhausted a bullet will drop at about 120 mph.
Due to wind resistance etc.
That works out to about 175 feet per second.
Check it.
200 grains @ 175fps carries 13.598 ft lbs of force.
You could do more damage with a pool ball for sure , but it wouldn't kill possibly put out your eye.
It would be different if the bullet was just on the start of its fall boots. But fired up its energy back down is minimal.
Feel feel free to ask poly to run the numbers. I'm sure he could in his head.
Sorry, but the info I linked was military people and actual death statistics from falling bullets. I guess the only way to find out is pick a crowd of several thousand people packed together so tight that a falling bullet would have to hit someone, and then fire a few bursts from a machine gun straight up. I can't try it as I have no guns now. Wouldn't anyway.

“Game Over”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#581003 Jan 1, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, but the info I linked was military people and actual death statistics from falling bullets. I guess the only way to find out is pick a crowd of several thousand people packed together so tight that a falling bullet would have to hit someone, and then fire a few bursts from a machine gun straight up. I can't try it as I have no guns now. Wouldn't anyway.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#581004 Jan 1, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>You're right, but the pretty pictures distract him.
Well, ya gotta admit that those Tenniel woodcuts are iconic.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#581005 Jan 1, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =8yviQ2kRPDoXX
Hey, River, I need your help, Sssshhhhh, don't tell Tide. Do u know what his poem is about, u got any idea? Keep it undercover!!

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#581006 Jan 1, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
You wont find a single reference in medical science that refers to a developing zygote or embryo fetus as being a parasite.
a) A parasite is an organism that, once it invades the definitive host, will usually remain with host for life (as long as it or the host survives).
b) A human embryo or fetus has a temporary association with the mother, remaining only a number of months in the uterus.
I think you are quibbling about nothing here, as a fetus is living off of its mother until such times as it can feed and grow on its own. So though it is the same species it is actually in a parasitic relationship. It can't be considered symbiotic because the mother is not taking anything from the baby, other than the fact of her being pregnant has changed the hormonal balance in her body which may had to her body in ways that would not have happened had the baby not been there.

I however do not approve of the removal of a fetus voluntarily from the mother except in cases of severe risk to the mother's life, or the certainty that the fetus would not develop to be anything near a normal child. Birth control needs to start before the fetus begins to grow, not afterwards.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#581007 Jan 1, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
"Processed Meat Product"
Kind of like spam :p

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#581008 Jan 1, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
You wont find a single reference in medical science that refers to a developing zygote or embryo fetus as being a parasite.
a) A parasite is an organism that, once it invades the definitive host, will usually remain with host for life (as long as it or the host survives).
b) A human embryo or fetus has a temporary association with the mother, remaining only a number of months in the uterus.
An embryo is more like a tumor or cyst.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#581009 Jan 1, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
and pass the ammunition.
Gottit.

What caliber d'you need, and how much?
Forum carlsbad nm

Hobbs, NM

#581010 Jan 1, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Besides I am a person who believes in pro choice.
So you are now 0 for 3.
It is not your choice to kill anyone. It is murder. Don't
have sex if you do not want a child. That is what it is for.
Reproducing. Even an animal wouldn't kill its own baby.
A doctor would.

Since: Feb 12

Kaiserslautern, Germany

#581011 Jan 1, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't ridicule all people of faith only those that don't understand their beliefs are exactly that, their beliefs and not everybody else. I ridicule those that would try and impose their beliefs on everybody else. Those who are so ego-centric that they can't accept or understand that others have the right to live by their own beliefs. Those who act like they are in on a little secret, that they have some knowledge that we mere non-believers don't have, without any evidence to support that religious belief.
Oh and please spare me that those mocking the Amish are the result of taking "God" out of school. I spent 8 years in Catholic school and all that religious indoctrination didn't stop Catholic teenagers from poking fun at others
Teenagers have been mocking others for ages......
So you don't ridicule people as long as they act like you want them to. Well now that is real open minded of you.
It seems to me that in this post you are displaying all of the traits that you seem to so dislike in the others that are not in on your little secret.
Sorry that you were too hard headed to learn anything while in school but some are simply like that.
You see I also attended Catholic School and the thing I took away from that was to treat others with respect. Now since I have grown I have discovered that many do not deserve respect so I treat them in kind with the way they treat others.
Now as to your last comment, well exactly. While all the blame was being thrown by you and the other one on Christians because they are the ones you hate soo terrible the fact is that the majority of it was done by teenagers and young adults without regard to religion.
The younger generations now have never been taught to take responsibility for their actions or to have nasic manners that were beat into most peoples heads both in school and at home.
Their actions are an indication of why this country is going to hell in a hand basket.

Kaiserslautern, Germany

#581012 Jan 1, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>You're right, christians are sadist. Remember the Crusades? LOl...
Yep those dang Christians.
Remember Mao, Kim, Pol Pot, Stalin, oh wait those were all atheists, my bad.

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#581013 Jan 1, 2013
UR BS wrote:
<quoted text>
So you don't ridicule people as long as they act like you want them to. Well now that is real open minded of you.
It seems to me that in this post you are displaying all of the traits that you seem to so dislike in the others that are not in on your little secret.
Sorry that you were too hard headed to learn anything while in school but some are simply like that.
You see I also attended Catholic School and the thing I took away from that was to treat others with respect. Now since I have grown I have discovered that many do not deserve respect so I treat them in kind with the way they treat others.
Now as to your last comment, well exactly. While all the blame was being thrown by you and the other one on Christians because they are the ones you hate soo terrible the fact is that the majority of it was done by teenagers and young adults without regard to religion.
The younger generations now have never been taught to take responsibility for their actions or to have nasic manners that were beat into most peoples heads both in school and at home.
Their actions are an indication of why this country is going to hell in a hand basket.
What you see as hell in a hand basket, others see as freedom from your 18th century prejudices.

“Wrath”

Since: Dec 10

Is revenant

#581014 Jan 1, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>There's simply not enough time to go over each of your idiotic fallacies, so well cover one and ask you the same question that RR ran away from like a little girl.
Now, do you not know the difference between the words USUALLY and SAME? LOL....
When you're done taking your foot out of your mouth explain to everyone here how Kleptoparasitism may be intraspecific?
You made an assertion, now back it up with facts or shut up. Ta-Ta.
You are still wrong Kleptoparasitism is not the creation of another life from conception. Which is what we are talking about here. Loosely defined several phases of development may seem somewhat parasitic like, but in mammals and their own offspring
specifically within human development we call this dependency.

Kleptoparasitism within same species is similar to common thievery.
A baby's dependency could loosely be defined Kleptoparasitism,
but baby's don't really run up and snatch a titty by theft so
it doesn't quite fit either. Even if you want to call your child a crumb snatcher it isn't really a thief it is your dependent.

Only perhaps a orphaned child raised by itself that sneaks around stealing food would qualify as Kleptoparasite.

Defined.

A kleptoparasite is an animal that steals food or prey from another animal. Insect kleptoparasites include bees (often called Cuckoo bees) that lay their eggs in the cells of other bees. For example, Sharp-tailed Bees (bees in the Genus Coelioxys) are kleptoparasites as their larvae grow up on food stolen from Leaf-cutter Bees.

http://www.amentsoc.org/insects/glossary/term...

So now you are 0 for 4 , want to try again?

Kaiserslautern, Germany

#581015 Jan 1, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
What you see as hell in a hand basket, others see as freedom from your 18th century prejudices.
Yep you must be right. I am prejudiced against trillion dollar deficits as far as the eys can see. I am prejudiced against spending more money that we can ever pay back and selling our country out to China. I am prejudiced against the Gestapo coming into my home and confiscating my guns. I am prejudiced against the Government dictating how my kids are raised. I am prejudiced against a system that rewards failure while it punishes success. I am prejudiced against a system that confoscates the hard earned money of one person to give it to another that has earned nothing and contributed even less.

Yeah so I guess you're right I am prjudiced.

By the way how is Cali doing financially? I would hate to not give enough of my money to support your worthless butt.

“Wrath”

Is revenant

#581016 Jan 1, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Boots it doesn't matter your claim was that bullets fired straight up and falling back down would kill , this simply isn't so.

Now a bullet you understand has a curved flight path with its zero
being the high point after which it is falling back down when fired horizontally or near so. Its effective range may extend far past its zero but it slows down and falls because it kinetic energy is depleted. Its possible for it to be falling from its zero and kill because it is still carrying kinetic energy.

But when fired straight up it begins falling when it's energy from the explosive charge is exhausted. Therefore its only energy is by its own mass and speed. Those are the figures I showed you, so dont go shifting the goal posts.

“Wrath”

Is revenant

#581017 Jan 1, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>

Actually I had forgotten about it but this was tested on Myth Busters
and they found the results I'm telling you , Ill see if I can find it.

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#581018 Jan 1, 2013
UR BS wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep you must be right. I am prejudiced against trillion dollar deficits as far as the eys can see. I am prejudiced against spending more money that we can ever pay back and selling our country out to China. I am prejudiced against the Gestapo coming into my home and confiscating my guns. I am prejudiced against the Government dictating how my kids are raised. I am prejudiced against a system that rewards failure while it punishes success. I am prejudiced against a system that confoscates the hard earned money of one person to give it to another that has earned nothing and contributed even less.
Yeah so I guess you're right I am prjudiced.
By the way how is Cali doing financially? I would hate to not give enough of my money to support your worthless butt.
I won't respond, because I can't dignify this sort of stuff.

Really.

“Wrath”

Is revenant

#581019 Jan 1, 2013
Well this was a strange one and the only one ever found busted , plausible and confirmed.
They could not reproduce a result that would kill but a few cases were identified where people were killed , The only true answer is the bullets that did kill were not really fired straight up but at a high angle. They also found they fall at 100 mph
@ 150 fps far less than a lethal force.
So we were both right I guess.

http://kwc.org/mythbusters/2006/04/episode_50...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 8 min Aussie Kev 2,299
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 23 min Brian_G 428
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 26 min Thinking 56,245
Massage for ladies in Muscat 29 min rahul 2
the REAL REASON Ron Goldman was stabbed...64 TI... (Aug '15) 50 min Doctor REALITY 17
Any girls my age (15) wanna trade pics with me?... (Jun '12) 1 hr El Capitan 8
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr Steve III 649,850
my cousin touches me when i am asleep and i kin... (Mar '14) 3 hr Jesus 47
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) Fri Noname 69
More from around the web