“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#580504 Dec 31, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol, what? It's under the section called "Firearm crime".....
What else do you think it's talking about? Maybe daisies, huh....
Yes, I realize it's under that section. What you don't seem to realize, or want to acknowledge, is that single quote doesn't reference gun crime, and neither does it's supporting citation. I mean, how much clearer can it be?

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#580505 Dec 31, 2012
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>He genetically can't be honest with himself and admit what's obvious. You can show him the facts, but he'll never understand or accept them. It's not a matter of educating him, because his bias will control him every time.
Seriously. We all fall victim to confirmation bias to some degree or other, but jeeeez....
Rosa Winkel

Australia

#580506 Dec 31, 2012
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>I only care about the truth. If you were half the person you THINK you are, then you'd be able to convince me that I'm wrong, but all you can do is trash talk, and that says more about you than anything.
Yes, it certainly does.

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

#580507 Dec 31, 2012
wilderide wrote:
Faith in that regard isn't a way of knowing, but rather a desire to believe. IMHO.
Inexpensive amenable optimism should have it's own label.

Faith in a failing sport team, or an alcoholic, or a convict, might at times be a gamble, but I think a rational considerate thinker can engage in this type of faith in a virtuous way.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#580508 Dec 31, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? That's odd.
Why do you feel like any rapist should be left alive to rape again?
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>They do belong in prison but death seems so extreme.
RR merely atttempting the most siplistic answer, a troll and not a smart one.

retributitive justice does not work, but is typical to christians.

justice must be in proportion to indiscretion, and restoritive justice works.

christianity is a failed moral system.

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

#580509 Dec 31, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
We must have patience then.
That's a virtue.
I have lots of patients.

Scalpel.

Sponge.

Stapler.

Stapler!

I believe you have my stapler.

Location hidden

#580510 Dec 31, 2012
Freebird USA wrote:
<quoted text> Ahhh its always about compliance. Guns-tobacco-sugar-salt,you name it and collectivists will demand COMPLIANCE for your own good of course.
you set yourself outside culture at your peril.

Location hidden

#580511 Dec 31, 2012
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Speed limits are outdated.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You must be a kid.
I agree, that speed limits are outdated.

in the juristictions, which I am familiar:

discounting the heavy vehicles (trucks mortor-homes etc) the remaining traffic may be over the limit very nearly at 100%

this is not a situation that is good for traffic, good for respect for law, or good for society.

(it allows the police to stop any vehicle, and it allows the collection of fines, but is immoral)

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#580512 Dec 31, 2012
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I realize it's under that section. What you don't seem to realize, or want to acknowledge, is that single quote doesn't reference gun crime, and neither does it's supporting citation. I mean, how much clearer can it be?
The reading comprehension level of Ar Ar is somewhere between a mango and a monkey.

I thought everyone here on the thread was aware of this.

This is the same guy who protested that he wasn't a Protestant, he was Pentecostal.

Location hidden

#580513 Dec 31, 2012
UR BS wrote:
<quoted text>
The whole thing about daddy. First he is missing well not really missing he tends to disappear for days at a time, but there is soo much violence against gay people in Colorado, well not in Colorado but around there.
You get the point.
I see low intellect.

was there another point?

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#580514 Dec 31, 2012
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
The reading comprehension level of Ar Ar is somewhere between a mango and a monkey.
LOL.. Chutney anyone?

“The Intrepid”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#580515 Dec 31, 2012
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Lair. That's why you're part of the problem.
Den. Prove it.
Little Blue Alien

Huntington, MA

#580516 Dec 31, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm tired of subsidizing a bunch of yahoos.
Let'em grow cotton and fight among themselves.
They can elect Huckabee or Palin as their leader.
You really sound like a subversive decadent moron.

“The Intrepid”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#580517 Dec 31, 2012
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong. The debate is: when is it a child? Yet you say that's not a valid part of the argument for some reason. Now you see it's a very important definition to establish first. No one would argue that it's ever OK to kill a child.
<quoted text>
Yes. Observation. There are certainly plenty of female pro-lifers, but it's mostly men when it comes down to Christian politicians/lawmakers making such arguments. Probably because Christian women are encouraged to stay home rather than have a career of their own, at least when it comes to Fundamentalist sects.
A more definitive question is: When is it human? The answer is: Always.

You have made this an age issue. The right to live should be age neutral. Will you set a maximum requirement on how many cells determine an entity's right to live?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#580519 Dec 31, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Great. We can get rid of a few other red states as well.
The pendulum has swung. Don't let it hit you upside the head on your way out.
You're too much of a closed minded bigot to even see the driving forces behind the eventual secession. The very idea that not everyone agrees with your world view is too much for you to grasp. Hubris personified. Enjoy your pendulum swing while it lasts.

Location hidden

#580520 Dec 31, 2012
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you serious? If so, I'm surprised. As you know, I'm all for a division of the nation. I didn't get much feedback of any kind on the suggestion, neither support nor criticism.
This recent discussion on guns epitomizes the great and irresoluble divide. Why live with that? Why even argue it? Let them have their guns. I don't see the downside, especially for the blue states.
While I disagree with you on virtually every post you make,I don't on this one. The USA is ideologically divided and all would be better served with 2 countries. And its CLEARLY not just about guns. Catcher just wants to spend time thumbing his/her nose at political adversaries he/she feels persecuted by likely in the "Bush" years.

Location hidden

#580521 Dec 31, 2012
Little Blue Alien wrote:
<quoted text>
You really sound like a subversive decadent moron.
You're being too kind in that assessment.

Location hidden

#580522 Dec 31, 2012
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>He genetically can't be honest with himself and admit what's obvious. You can show him the facts, but he'll never understand or accept them. It's not a matter of educating him, because his bias will control him every time.
Try looking in the mirror.

Location hidden

#580523 Dec 31, 2012
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
you set yourself outside culture at your peril.
Half the country shares my basic belief system Karl.I for one would prefer to divest myself of the other half.Live your life the way you choose and leave me to live mine as I see fit with like minded people.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#580524 Dec 31, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>A more definitive question is: When is it human? The answer is: Always.
Your fingernails and hair are human cells too. Have you ever discarded them?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min June VanDerMark 559,376
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 3 min royal kannadiga 1,263
skype sex id luv to try it (Aug '13) 4 min NinaEnan0 80
Scientific proof for God's existence 8 min lightbeamrider 9
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 9 min NEWS-FLASH 175,606
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 17 min WasteWater 5,712
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 23 min WasteWater 5,099
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 31 min WasteWater 265,098
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Seraphima 604,967
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 8 hr Barnsweb 441,764
More from around the web