Comments
550,881 - 550,900 of 733,206 Comments Last updated 2 min ago

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#580372 Dec 31, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not a need. We are unable to simultaneously hold a belief in a god which presents no evidence, and in reality as we understand it with abundant evidence.
Some people can do that.
I can't.
Would it be possible for you to start believing in Santa again?
If not, why not?
If so, what would convince you?
I certainly don't see any presence of god in the vast majority of his believers.
There seems to be much evidence of Santa, especially at this time of year, yet still none of a god.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#580373 Dec 31, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not a need. We are unable to simultaneously hold a belief in a god which presents no evidence, and in reality as we understand it with abundant evidence.
Some people can do that.
I can't.
If not, why not?
I certainly don't see any presence of god in the vast majority of his believers.
I could understand (and used to hold) your point of view. I used to believe that God may not be real, that it's all a bunch of bullshit. That day that I felt God's presence changed me forever. It can change anyone, maybe even you.

Location hidden

#580374 Dec 31, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
According to your beliefs, you wouldn't need to.
Right, thanks.

Then why is there a thought amongst some atheists that say we own guns (fight death) because we're not true believers or we're "closet atheists"?

That's just crazy, IMO.

“It's all about the struggle”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#580375 Dec 31, 2012
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't see how saying that you "believe" that a child is a life at the point of conception is a meaningful statement. How are you defining "life" in that context?
Probably by the simple fact that it is "alive" and not dead.

Location hidden

#580376 Dec 31, 2012
Rosa Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
The only reason I don't agree with a death penalty 4 rapists is that gives them no reason not to murder the victim. Give them a few decades as a prison bitch, that's justice.
Now THAT I agree with. I just wish the prison system didn't protect them... If the prison system was harsher, colder, damper, etc then I'd be ok with it.

It just seems appalling that we'd kill a dog for biting a human, but won't kill a human for raping a human...

Location hidden

#580377 Dec 31, 2012
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
There seems to be much evidence of Santa, especially at this time of year, yet still none of a god.
Shut the f_ck up.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#580378 Dec 31, 2012
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =r8GHBk_HSXgXX&playnext=1 &list=PLB805D0EBEA129744 &feature=results_video
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Location hidden

#580379 Dec 31, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Probably by the simple fact that it is "alive" and not dead.
I've been trying to convince me of this.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#580380 Dec 31, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Is he one of those elderly who is intimidated by the new technology or just another 60/70's hippie relic who's paranoid that the law will track him down with his phone?
Could this be an actual, honest, question from you instead of hatred for once?

He's one of those redneck types who just doesn't see a good reason to spend money on it, actually. His cars are his cellphones, he loves his cars.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#580381 Dec 31, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Right, thanks.
Then why is there a thought amongst some atheists that say we own guns (fight death) because we're not true believers or we're "closet atheists"?
That's just crazy, IMO.
I don't know, ask the ones that say that. I don't read minds.

Location hidden

#580382 Dec 31, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Some people can do that.
I can't.
If not, why not?
Not necessary to believe in Santa to BE SANTA.
Yes its a facade. But of noble reason and consequence.
Why do you beware of Santa bearing gifts?

Location hidden

#580383 Dec 31, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Could this be an actual, honest, question from you instead of hatred for once?
He's one of those redneck types who just doesn't see a good reason to spend money on it, actually. His cars are his cellphones, he loves his cars.
Does he call from his carphone?

Do they even make those anymore?
christianity is EVIL

Halifax, Canada

#580384 Dec 31, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean a teleological argument, right?
BRAVO
youre learning
Rosa Winkel

Australia

#580385 Dec 31, 2012
Freebird USA wrote:
In my lifetime the USSR and the Berlin Wall were a everyday fact of life. Bomb shelter drills in school were a weeky event. When the Soviet Union fell and the wall was torn down it was an astonishing almost unbelievable event. In view of that I'm predicting that within 25-50 years there will be a sucessful multi-state secession.There will be 2 Americas-co-existing. This nation is irrepairably divided and it will only get worse.
Although I could never imagine myself accepting such a scenario I now find myself hoping to be alive to witness it.
I hope not! Knowing your history, the last time that happened it led to the American Civil War.

Location hidden

#580386 Dec 31, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Not necessary to believe in Santa to BE SANTA.
Yes its a facade. But of noble reason and consequence.
Why do you beware of Santa bearing gifts?
Peanut scared him.

http://youtu.be/ifK-k8Ii8Xw...

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#580387 Dec 31, 2012
Rosa Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope not! Knowing your history, the last time that happened it led to the American Civil War.
You mean the War for Southern Independance?

Location hidden

#580388 Dec 31, 2012
christianity is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
BRAVO
youre learning
Wonderful, then you must know that #5 of Saint Thomas Aquinas' Five Ways is a teleological argument....

*All natural bodies follow laws of conduct.
*These objects are themselves unintelligent.
*Laws of conduct are characteristic of intelligence.
*Therefore, there exists an intelligent being that created the laws for all natural bodies.
*This being is whom we call God.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#580389 Dec 31, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know where you come up with this line of thinking. It's really weird.
If that is what God wanted, He wouldn't have bothered with the Ten Commandments, would He?
I mean, how am I to abide to any of them when I'm dead?
Well again, that is just another Biblical contradiction. The Bible gives moral instructions for your life on Earth while at the same time saying that the Earth is of lesser importance to Heaven, and that the Earth will ultimately be destroyed anyway. Given that, what is the point of any moral instruction at all? Indeed, if you accept the concept of Original Sin, you could argue that having kids is morally wrong.

San Francisco

#580390 Dec 31, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do need to not believe in God?
You could answer that question yourself, since you reject belief in all other gods but one (or three, depending if you believe in a Triune God or not).

San Francisco

#580391 Dec 31, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Abortion is defined as removal of an ebryo or fetus - I don't know why we're trying to figure out the definition of "child" as it's irrelevant to the discussion.
It's hardly irrelevant if part of the argument is whether a fetus is also a child or not.
I agree with you on the line of aborting if the mother's life is at stake - no matter the age of the fetus. Mom is first, IMO.
I think the main reason of abortion is for birth control, but I agree with you that it's an ineffective means. BUT, it is NOT my place to tell a woman that she can or can't have an abortion, regardless of reason.
You think it's a misogyny thing? I disagree, at least as far as thebirth control part goes. I think there's lots of men out there (young and old) that foolishly get a woman pregnant and wish they could force her to get an abortion.
Doesn't that imply that you do agree it's at least partly misogynistic?
I don't know, but I'd bet a lot of men don't take much of a stance on abortion rights.
Far from it. Christian pro-lifers are overwhelmingly men.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 2 min Student 38,628
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 7 min Rosa_Winkel 441,192
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 14 min TIM958 600,008
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 15 min RiccardoFire 94,688
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 19 min Johnny 2,454
someone is so happy Michael Sams is released 20 min andet1987 1
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 27 min Dr_Zorderz 258,070
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 27 min Liam 539,170
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Patrick 226,389
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••