550,861 - 550,880 of 733,240 Comments Last updated 1 min ago

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#580351 Dec 31, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Seems you're lying.
"The Kennesaw, Georgia Gun Violence Reduction Myth
Gun lobbyists and their supporters are once again parading a deeply misleading myth that claims greatly improved public safety in the rural community of Kennesaw, Georgia after in 1982 the City Council passed a law requiring every head of a household to own a gun, while the community of Morton Grove, Illinois passed a handgun ban in their community earlier in 1982."
http://progressivevalues.blogspot.com/2007/04...
The rest of the article disputes your claims.
Sure, you quote from a progressive blogger, they'll say anything they want.

Stick to the facts, jack.

Location hidden

#580352 Dec 31, 2012
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Personally, I don't see what differentiates a zygote in it's first trimester, when it has not developed to the point of being self-aware nor capable of any perception, from any other living tissue, except that it has the potential to develop into a human. I like to use the comparison of a seed and a tree. A seed is not a tree, but rather a potential tree. And I don't see the argument (since you are pro-choice, this may not be your view) that stopping the development of a potential baby as being akin to killing an actual baby.
Well there's the argument right there. What makes a baby? Is it only in the 2nd or 3rd trimester?

Is it when it's born?

If so, why?

The thought that it has no consciousness should be irrelevant. A retard has no mental state and some aren't even aware if their existence. Would you advocate killing them because they aren't "fully developed"?

I think that many pro abortionists want to use the excuse of " it's not a life yet" to advocate their opinion and to alleviate the guilt of murdering a child.

You?

Location hidden

#580353 Dec 31, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
He should be inviting armed intruders into his home in hopes that one will kill him.
Maybe I shod stop eating, too.

After all, by eating, I'm fighting death daily......
christianity is EVIL

Halifax, Canada

#580354 Dec 31, 2012
anqele wrote:
http://www.ucg.org/science/pro ve-there-god-even-without-bibl e/
god of the gaps FALLACY

try to do better

www.evilbible.com

Location hidden

#580355 Dec 31, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly, dumbphuque.
And that's what you're supporting.
They keep claiming that they need tax breaks to hire people.
That's pure, unadulterated BS.
They need tax break to feed their obscene gluttony and they use threats of raising prices to dupe morons like you into voting for them.
How about we find a way to ensure that those tax breaks go towards lowering prices and hiring people? I bet then they would start screaming "government interference".
Some of these crooks have found enough tax loopholes that they don't even pay taxes.
You're what's wrong with America.
Who are you talking about? The super-rich like Trump or the not-so-rich-but-well-to-do types like your everyday doctor, lawyer, dentist, contractor, etc that makes over $250,000 a year?

You think they should ALL end their "gluttony" and "yacht rides" to help support your broke ass?

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#580356 Dec 31, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No, our whole goal isn't just to get to heaven. What makes you think that?
Of course that is the whole point of your life as a Christian. The Bible teaches that the Earth is fallen and sinful, and that God will eventually wipe it out anyway. So there is no point in anything here. Dust in the wind, in the immortal words of Kansas (taken from Genesis 3:19). Christianity teaches that you are just biding your time until you cast off this mortal coil in favor of eternally stroking the ego of God in heaven with other like-minded (and pre-chosen) believers.
christianity is EVIL

Halifax, Canada

#580357 Dec 31, 2012
gilgames the king wrote:
God is not something to prove .... it's something to believe in >>> what a stupid question!!
why do you need to believe in god?
christianity is EVIL

Halifax, Canada

#580358 Dec 31, 2012
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
The majority of the posters on "Why I'm no longer a Christian" thread come from Lutheran and Catholic background. The killers rejected the religion they were being taught and that is why they took the cowardly road in life and became practicing atheists.
fascinating

HOW do you become practising atheist?what do you practice?

San Francisco

#580359 Dec 31, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Well there's the argument right there. What makes a baby? Is it only in the 2nd or 3rd trimester?
Is it when it's born?
If so, why?
The thought that it has no consciousness should be irrelevant. A retard has no mental state and some aren't even aware if their existence. Would you advocate killing them because they aren't "fully developed"?
I think that many pro abortionists want to use the excuse of " it's not a life yet" to advocate their opinion and to alleviate the guilt of murdering a child.
You?
What is a child? Is a fertilized egg a child? My definition of a child is a sentient human being. I don't think an abortion should be legal if the child can reasonably be presumed to be sentient and feel pain, unless the life of the mother is at stake (which is pretty rare). On the other hand, I also don't think it's moral to use an abortion as a birth-control procedure either, if nothing else because it is so intrusive to the woman's body, and is also a waste of medical resources (again, if it's a purely elective procedure, resultant from careless behavior).

I also have a problem with men telling women what they can do with their bodies. I think it's pretty obvious that if men could get pregnant, abortion would not be remotely controversial. Ultimately, I think the whole pro-life agenda rests on misogyny.

San Francisco

#580361 Dec 31, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I would choose to have a choice to defend myself.
And I wasn't talking about property crime, I was talking about gun crime in the UK vs the US....
"The United Kingdom has a total recorded crime rate per capita of approximately 85 per 1000 people."

That doesn't address gun crime, just reported crimes in general.

Location hidden

#580362 Dec 31, 2012
christianity is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
god of the gaps FALLACY
try to do better
www.evilbib.com
You mean a teleological argument, right?

Location hidden

#580363 Dec 31, 2012
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course that is the whole point of your life as a Christian. The Bible teaches that the Earth is fallen and sinful, and that God will eventually wipe it out anyway. So there is no point in anything here. Dust in the wind, in the immortal words of Kansas (taken from Genesis 3:19). Christianity teaches that you are just biding your time until you cast off this mortal coil in favor of eternally stroking the ego of God in heaven with other like-minded (and pre-chosen) believers.
I don't know where you come up with this line of thinking. It's really weird.

If that is what God wanted, He wouldn't have bothered with the Ten Commandments, would He?

I mean, how am I to abide to any of them when I'm dead?

Location hidden

#580364 Dec 31, 2012
christianity is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
why do you need to believe in god?
Why do need to not believe in God?

Location hidden

#580365 Dec 31, 2012
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
What is a child? Is a fertilized egg a child? My definition of a child is a sentient human being. I don't think an abortion should be legal if the child can reasonably be presumed to be sentient and feel pain, unless the life of the mother is at stake (which is pretty rare). On the other hand, I also don't think it's moral to use an abortion as a birth-control procedure either, if nothing else because it is so intrusive to the woman's body, and is also a waste of medical resources (again, if it's a purely elective procedure, resultant from careless behavior).
I also have a problem with men telling women what they can do with their bodies. I think it's pretty obvious that if men could get pregnant, abortion would not be remotely controversial. Ultimately, I think the whole pro-life agenda rests on misogyny.
Abortion is defined as removal of an ebryo or fetus - I don't know why we're trying to figure out the definition of "child" as it's irrelevant to the discussion.

I agree with you on the line of aborting if the mother's life is at stake - no matter the age of the fetus. Mom is first, IMO.

I think the main reason of abortion is for birth control, but I agree with you that it's an ineffective means. BUT, it is NOT my place to tell a woman that she can or can't have an abortion, regardless of reason.

You think it's a misogyny thing? I disagree, at least as far as thebirth control part goes. I think there's lots of men out there (young and old) that foolishly get a woman pregnant and wish they could force her to get an abortion. I don't know, but I'd bet a lot of men don't take much of a stance on abortion rights.

Location hidden

#580366 Dec 31, 2012
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
"The United Kingdom has a total recorded crime rate per capita of approximately 85 per 1000 people."
That doesn't address gun crime, just reported crimes in general.
ugh

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_politics_in_the_Uni...

Go to the "#6 Firearms crime" part.

It's ONLY about firearms crime, man.

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#580367 Dec 31, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
Part the problem here is every government uses guns to achieve an end. It has been this way for nearly a thousand years. Governments force you to fight ,give you a gun and march you to kill other people.
They have no problem with it whatsoever.
You want to tell us honest law abiding citizens cannot have the same weapon unless the government tells you to go kill people with it?
Even if the purpose of that weapon is self defense.
So it's ok to kill people with guns as long as it has your government's stamp of approval on it.
That is the message I see here.
But it's not cool to defend yourself on home ground from intruders with the same gun you are ok to murder foreigners with.
&pl aynext=1&list=PLB805D0EBEA 129744&feature=results_vid eo

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#580368 Dec 31, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do need to not believe in God?
It's not a need. We are unable to simultaneously hold a belief in a god which presents no evidence, and in reality as we understand it with abundant evidence.

Some people can do that.

I can't.

Would it be possible for you to start believing in Santa again?

If not, why not?

If so, what would convince you?

I certainly don't see any presence of god in the vast majority of his believers.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#580369 Dec 31, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know where you come up with this line of thinking. It's really weird.
If that is what God wanted, He wouldn't have bothered with the Ten Commandments, would He?
I mean, how am I to abide to any of them when I'm dead?
According to your beliefs, you wouldn't need to.

“It's all about the struggle”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#580370 Dec 31, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Most people ... sure, my dad is not one of them. Funny that you would assume otherwise without any evidence suggesting it.
Is he one of those elderly who is intimidated by the new technology or just another 60/70's hippie relic who's paranoid that the law will track him down with his phone?
Rosa Winkel

Australia

#580371 Dec 31, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? That's odd.
Why do you feel like any rapist should be left alive to rape again?
The only reason I don't agree with a death penalty 4 rapists is that gives them no reason not to murder the victim. Give them a few decades as a prison bitch, that's justice.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 min onemale 258,089
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 5 min yon 2,469
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 8 min Seraphima 600,020
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 27 min truth 539,236
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 28 min MUQ1 36,760
Sharing my wife's nude pics to be exposed 29 min Jojo 29
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 35 min macumazahn 226,394
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••