Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#580344 Dec 31, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly, dumbphuque.
And that's what you're supporting.
They keep claiming that they need tax breaks to hire people.
That's pure, unadulterated BS.
They need tax break to feed their obscene gluttony and they use threats of raising prices to dupe morons like you into voting for them.
How about we find a way to ensure that those tax breaks go towards lowering prices and hiring people? I bet then they would start screaming "government interference".
Some of these crooks have found enough tax loopholes that they don't even pay taxes.
You're what's wrong with America.
I do business with over 25 small businesses. The effects of the tax cuts expiring are already having a negative impact on them. You lump in small business with individuals making over $250k.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#580345 Dec 31, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
25 years murder-free in 'Gun Town USA'
www.wnd.com/2007/04/41196/
In March 1982, 25 years ago, the small town of Kennesaw – responding to a handgun ban in Morton Grove, Ill.– unanimously passed an ordinance requiring each head of household to own and maintain a gun. Since then, despite dire predictions of “Wild West” showdowns and increased violence and accidents, not a single resident has been involved in a fatal shooting – as a victim, attacker or defender.
Interesting.
Seems you're lying.

"The Kennesaw, Georgia Gun Violence Reduction Myth
Gun lobbyists and their supporters are once again parading a deeply misleading myth that claims greatly improved public safety in the rural community of Kennesaw, Georgia after in 1982 the City Council passed a law requiring every head of a household to own a gun, while the community of Morton Grove, Illinois passed a handgun ban in their community earlier in 1982."

http://progressivevalues.blogspot.com/2007/04...

The rest of the article disputes your claims.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#580346 Dec 31, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
OK - touche.
Well, we consider a single-celled organism a life, why not a multiple-celled organism like a fetus?
Personally, I don't see what differentiates a zygote in it's first trimester, when it has not developed to the point of being self-aware nor capable of any perception, from any other living tissue, except that it has the potential to develop into a human. I like to use the comparison of a seed and a tree. A seed is not a tree, but rather a potential tree. And I don't see the argument (since you are pro-choice, this may not be your view) that stopping the development of a potential baby as being akin to killing an actual baby.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#580347 Dec 31, 2012
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, come to that, I suppose if you take Christianity to it's logical conclusion, and especially in light of the fact that Jesus is supposed to be your ultimate template, then it really is just a suicide cult. Isn't your whole goal to get to heaven, and wasn't Jesus' martyrdom what made him so important? So, what are you still doing here? Wouldn't you rather gleefully observe Armageddon from a nice fluffy cloud?
No, our whole goal isn't just to get to heaven. What makes you think that?

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#580348 Dec 31, 2012
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, come to that, I suppose if you take Christianity to it's logical conclusion, and especially in light of the fact that Jesus is supposed to be your ultimate template, then it really is just a suicide cult. Isn't your whole goal to get to heaven, and wasn't Jesus' martyrdom what made him so important? So, what are you still doing here? Wouldn't you rather gleefully observe Armageddon from a nice fluffy cloud?
He should be inviting armed intruders into his home in hopes that one will kill him.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#580349 Dec 31, 2012
Freebird USA wrote:
<quoted text> And it will not. Thats my entire point.
I hope you're wrong.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#580350 Dec 31, 2012
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
If those are my choices, I'll happily take a higher property crime rate over the higher risk of a violent death any day. Would you really choose otherwise?
I would choose to have a choice to defend myself.

And I wasn't talking about property crime, I was talking about gun crime in the UK vs the US....

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#580351 Dec 31, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Seems you're lying.
"The Kennesaw, Georgia Gun Violence Reduction Myth
Gun lobbyists and their supporters are once again parading a deeply misleading myth that claims greatly improved public safety in the rural community of Kennesaw, Georgia after in 1982 the City Council passed a law requiring every head of a household to own a gun, while the community of Morton Grove, Illinois passed a handgun ban in their community earlier in 1982."
http://progressivevalues.blogspot.com/2007/04...
The rest of the article disputes your claims.
Sure, you quote from a progressive blogger, they'll say anything they want.

Stick to the facts, jack.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#580352 Dec 31, 2012
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Personally, I don't see what differentiates a zygote in it's first trimester, when it has not developed to the point of being self-aware nor capable of any perception, from any other living tissue, except that it has the potential to develop into a human. I like to use the comparison of a seed and a tree. A seed is not a tree, but rather a potential tree. And I don't see the argument (since you are pro-choice, this may not be your view) that stopping the development of a potential baby as being akin to killing an actual baby.
Well there's the argument right there. What makes a baby? Is it only in the 2nd or 3rd trimester?

Is it when it's born?

If so, why?

The thought that it has no consciousness should be irrelevant. A retard has no mental state and some aren't even aware if their existence. Would you advocate killing them because they aren't "fully developed"?

I think that many pro abortionists want to use the excuse of " it's not a life yet" to advocate their opinion and to alleviate the guilt of murdering a child.

You?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#580353 Dec 31, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
He should be inviting armed intruders into his home in hopes that one will kill him.
Maybe I shod stop eating, too.

After all, by eating, I'm fighting death daily......
christianity is EVIL

Halifax, Canada

#580354 Dec 31, 2012
anqele wrote:
http://www.ucg.org/science/pro ve-there-god-even-without-bibl e/
god of the gaps FALLACY

try to do better

www.evilbible.com

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#580355 Dec 31, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly, dumbphuque.
And that's what you're supporting.
They keep claiming that they need tax breaks to hire people.
That's pure, unadulterated BS.
They need tax break to feed their obscene gluttony and they use threats of raising prices to dupe morons like you into voting for them.
How about we find a way to ensure that those tax breaks go towards lowering prices and hiring people? I bet then they would start screaming "government interference".
Some of these crooks have found enough tax loopholes that they don't even pay taxes.
You're what's wrong with America.
Who are you talking about? The super-rich like Trump or the not-so-rich-but-well-to-do types like your everyday doctor, lawyer, dentist, contractor, etc that makes over $250,000 a year?

You think they should ALL end their "gluttony" and "yacht rides" to help support your broke ass?

San Francisco

#580356 Dec 31, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No, our whole goal isn't just to get to heaven. What makes you think that?
Of course that is the whole point of your life as a Christian. The Bible teaches that the Earth is fallen and sinful, and that God will eventually wipe it out anyway. So there is no point in anything here. Dust in the wind, in the immortal words of Kansas (taken from Genesis 3:19). Christianity teaches that you are just biding your time until you cast off this mortal coil in favor of eternally stroking the ego of God in heaven with other like-minded (and pre-chosen) believers.
christianity is EVIL

Halifax, Canada

#580357 Dec 31, 2012
gilgames the king wrote:
God is not something to prove .... it's something to believe in >>> what a stupid question!!
why do you need to believe in god?
christianity is EVIL

Halifax, Canada

#580358 Dec 31, 2012
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
The majority of the posters on "Why I'm no longer a Christian" thread come from Lutheran and Catholic background. The killers rejected the religion they were being taught and that is why they took the cowardly road in life and became practicing atheists.
fascinating

HOW do you become practising atheist?what do you practice?

San Francisco

#580359 Dec 31, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Well there's the argument right there. What makes a baby? Is it only in the 2nd or 3rd trimester?
Is it when it's born?
If so, why?
The thought that it has no consciousness should be irrelevant. A retard has no mental state and some aren't even aware if their existence. Would you advocate killing them because they aren't "fully developed"?
I think that many pro abortionists want to use the excuse of " it's not a life yet" to advocate their opinion and to alleviate the guilt of murdering a child.
You?
What is a child? Is a fertilized egg a child? My definition of a child is a sentient human being. I don't think an abortion should be legal if the child can reasonably be presumed to be sentient and feel pain, unless the life of the mother is at stake (which is pretty rare). On the other hand, I also don't think it's moral to use an abortion as a birth-control procedure either, if nothing else because it is so intrusive to the woman's body, and is also a waste of medical resources (again, if it's a purely elective procedure, resultant from careless behavior).

I also have a problem with men telling women what they can do with their bodies. I think it's pretty obvious that if men could get pregnant, abortion would not be remotely controversial. Ultimately, I think the whole pro-life agenda rests on misogyny.

San Francisco

#580361 Dec 31, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I would choose to have a choice to defend myself.
And I wasn't talking about property crime, I was talking about gun crime in the UK vs the US....
"The United Kingdom has a total recorded crime rate per capita of approximately 85 per 1000 people."

That doesn't address gun crime, just reported crimes in general.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#580362 Dec 31, 2012
christianity is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
god of the gaps FALLACY
try to do better
www.evilbib.com
You mean a teleological argument, right?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#580363 Dec 31, 2012
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course that is the whole point of your life as a Christian. The Bible teaches that the Earth is fallen and sinful, and that God will eventually wipe it out anyway. So there is no point in anything here. Dust in the wind, in the immortal words of Kansas (taken from Genesis 3:19). Christianity teaches that you are just biding your time until you cast off this mortal coil in favor of eternally stroking the ego of God in heaven with other like-minded (and pre-chosen) believers.
I don't know where you come up with this line of thinking. It's really weird.

If that is what God wanted, He wouldn't have bothered with the Ten Commandments, would He?

I mean, how am I to abide to any of them when I'm dead?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#580364 Dec 31, 2012
christianity is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
why do you need to believe in god?
Why do need to not believe in God?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min June VanDerMark 558,922
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 9 min U Slipped Up 604,769
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 10 min yon 4,681
IRA fading away, analysts say (Sep '08) 18 min Lawrence James co... 15
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 29 min Charlie Sheen 265,003
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 30 min royal kannadiga 1,242
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 34 min Catcher1 175,528
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 2 hr Michael the Archa... 441,753
More from around the web