Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

UR BS wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry but your first statement is just plain wrong. The maximum penalty for murder there is the 21 years. They can not keep him after that time. I don't know where you get the idea that they can just keep him in prison.
Can the Canadians just keep someoen in prison after they have served their term because they think he is not ready for release? I don't think so.
As to your second statement well I will put it another way. The murderer that is released and kills again. For the person that is murdered nothing does him any good.
There is only 1 sure way to ensure that a murderer never murders again and that is death.
As to your comments about white supremists that is a crock and shows you know not what you speak about.
Actually regarding white supremacists it is not a crock and I do know what I speak of. There was a US prisoner who was serving 190 years but died in 2007 from natural causes in prison. He is considered the idol of many American and worldwide White Supremacist groups, and they use some of his quotes etc. as their mottoes. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Lane_%28wh...

The earliest he could have been released under USA law was 2035, when he would have been 96. He is one person that should have been kept alive for that whole time, because his evil is beyond the average hot blooded killer who maybe murders some person in a fit of rage. He was a cold blooded and methodical killer.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>
My point is that a strong person doesn't need anything more than their hands to kill a weaker person.
And my point is that it is NOT easy to choke a person. It is easy to choke an uneducated person. BIG difference. There are MANY ways to prevent someone from choking you, and it doesn't matter how big they are or how small you are. Here is one quick example;

http://www.ehow.com/video_2287014_get-out-fro...

“It's all about the struggle”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Killing just because you don't want someone around anymore is not sociopathic to you? Interesting.
He said he wanted to kill more than he did.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/25/world/europ...

I've seen interviews where prisoners said they couldn't wait to get out to kill someone, one guy had AIDS and he said he looked forward to infecting anybody and everybody that he could because he was so full of rage about having it himself that he wanted as many other people to get it and suffer from it too. His victims were still strangers in his mind....not anybody who had ever wronged him in any way.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>I buy my chicken already executed.
Wrong chicken.

But since you brought it up, have you ever seen someone actually kill a chicken? Not on a farm but industrialized? They put the live chicken upside down in a large funnel and their heads stick out the bottom. Then they cut it off and let the blood drain out, and then they throw in in a pile of other dead chickens. You don't even want to know how they kill pigs for pork :p

Since: Feb 12

Otterberg, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
I notice your list is fluffed up with a lot of ones that were not released.
Still, the evidence does not demonstrate that:
1. All criminals will be repeat offenders of the same crime.
2. That terrorism works as a deterrent.
and
3. That killing all those charged with murder is the best idea.
Do you even consider the number of people innocent of murder who are wrongfully charged with it while the real criminals are running free? Or the number of trumped up charges filed in the court system, which also costs us a fortune in taxes as well as excessively punishes people?
You are trying to ignore all but two colors of a rainbow, but the other colors tend to blur into those two colors no matter how much you attempt to over simplify something.
No fluff just facts.
1. I and as far as I know never said that, "All criminals will be repeat offenders of the same crime" as you claim. That being said you can not deny that many do commit the same crime over and again including murder.
2. What terrorism? No one is advicating terroism. A trial, judgement by a jury of your peers and sentencing. That is not terrorism that is our justice system.
3. No one is advocating killing all those charged with murder. See item 2 above as there is a process that must be followed.
What I am advocating is a person found guilty of first degree capitol murder should not be let out of jail they should be put to death. Now notice the key words there, First Degree, Capitol, and found guilty.
I always hear about so called trumped up charges but the evidence is very thin when looking at the numbers. Does it happen, maybe. Did it happen in the past yes but not to the extent that some would have us believe. May not guilty people possibly be put to death, maybe. Will carrying out the sentence handed down in a timely manner prevent any possibility of that person murdering someone again, you bet it will!
Now prior to the usual come back about, "You would feel different if it were you" thing sorry but I wouldn't. If I were somehow wrongfully convicted of murder and sentenced to death I would want it done fast. Don't leave my on death row for years. Let my family sue if I am proved not guilty later.

Bottom line is the only way to ensure that a murderer never murders again is to end his or her life.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Says the whackjob wearing women's clothing!
Again with your assertion, I'm still waiting for some evidence ... my curiosity will not be sated until I see your evidence. Where is it?

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Says a repeat offender.
Is that why you dress like the slutty nun in American Horror Story now? Talk about Nuns on the Run!
Ooh, a new assertion. How fascinating. So will you lie about having evidence for this one as well? Please say yes, you know when you claim to have evidence for assertions yet present none, it makes my inside all tingly.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>And my point is that it is NOT easy to choke a person. It is easy to choke an uneducated person. BIG difference. There are MANY ways to prevent someone from choking you, and it doesn't matter how big they are or how small you are. Here is one quick example;
http://www.ehow.com/video_2287014_get-out-fro...
Easy is an understatement. lol

I think there are over a hundred methods for breaking free.

Otterberg, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually regarding white supremacists it is not a crock and I do know what I speak of. There was a US prisoner who was serving 190 years but died in 2007 from natural causes in prison. He is considered the idol of many American and worldwide White Supremacist groups, and they use some of his quotes etc. as their mottoes. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Lane_%28wh...
The earliest he could have been released under USA law was 2035, when he would have been 96. He is one person that should have been kept alive for that whole time, because his evil is beyond the average hot blooded killer who maybe murders some person in a fit of rage. He was a cold blooded and methodical killer.
Sorry but it still doesn't hold water. Are there people that are racists? Hell yes there are on every side of the issue. Notice that the only ones that ever get the publicity are the so called White Supremacists. No one ever metions the NBPP, or other such groups. That is what makes the whole argument lame.
You bring up 1 guy and somehow expect that to justify your claim that it is rampant in the US? Now that is Lame.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>He said he wanted to kill more than he did.
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/25/world/europ...
I've seen interviews where prisoners said they couldn't wait to get out to kill someone, one guy had AIDS and he said he looked forward to infecting anybody and everybody that he could because he was so full of rage about having it himself that he wanted as many other people to get it and suffer from it too. His victims were still strangers in his mind....not anybody who had ever wronged him in any way.
So .... a few people who refuse to change equates to every criminal being pure "evil" ... how?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

Tide with Beach wrote:
Darkness is the time interval between the question and the answer.
Religion will likely be known as the phase of man's cultural evolution that connected the time when he first asked questions about his world, and the time when he found them.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

UR BS wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.wesleylowe.com/repoff.html
Lots more but these are a few of them.
Some of those were reported in that article as escapees, so it was hardly that they were let out, and usually people are not executed in the USA for many years after the sentence so execution would only have prevented their subsequent crimes if it had happened immediately on sentencing. It that were to happen as does in some countries, then many innocent people will also be executed.

The system is sick also. When a known killer, such as OJ Simpson, walks free from his murder trial, when everyone and his grandmother knew he is guilty, but then ordered to pay money to the victims' families in a subsequent civil trial, that has to be a complete breakdown of the judicial system.

If the guy did not murder, as found in the murder trial, then how could he have to pay for those he murdered? He was the murderer, otherwise, he would have walked from the second civil trial also. Fortunately they misused the system again and gave him an excessive sentence on a later minor offence.

Actually I was hoping, at the time, that he was innocent, because he was a likeable character, at least in his movies. I didn't know him as a football player, though he played for a team only 1/2 hour from me, because I don't follow football.

Otterberg, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong chicken.
But since you brought it up, have you ever seen someone actually kill a chicken? Not on a farm but industrialized? They put the live chicken upside down in a large funnel and their heads stick out the bottom. Then they cut it off and let the blood drain out, and then they throw in in a pile of other dead chickens. You don't even want to know how they kill pigs for pork :p
And your point is?
Believer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Whether you choose to acknowledge the existence of God or not, I think that most thinking people acknowledge the existence of an afterlife. Whether you suscribe to what Michael Newton is doing in Lives between Lives or Brian Weiss's idea, both have pretty much empirically proven the existence of an afterlife.

Is there a hell? I personally doubt it. While I don't accept Christianity's version of the way things are, I am absolutely convinced there is an afterlife and we will all get there.

Now plesae don't just discount what I've said until you have taken a look at Michael Newton, PhD and Brian Weiss, MD. Then, if you have a disagreement, we can talk.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, right. Moron.
I've been choked before and it seemed a breeze for the guy doing it.
Sweet lady, you have my complete sympathy for the abuse you have had to put up with in your past. I hope that someday you can come to terms with that, so that you don't feel it mandatory to pass abuse on to others, as it appears you now do. What happened to you is unforgivable, but keeping it with you all your life only harms you.

Life goes way too fast to spend anymore than necessary living in your past hurts.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

UR BS wrote:
<quoted text>
No fluff just facts.
1. I and as far as I know never said that, "All criminals will be repeat offenders of the same crime" as you claim. That being said you can not deny that many do commit the same crime over and again including murder.
2. What terrorism? No one is advicating terroism. A trial, judgement by a jury of your peers and sentencing. That is not terrorism that is our justice system.
3. No one is advocating killing all those charged with murder. See item 2 above as there is a process that must be followed.
What I am advocating is a person found guilty of first degree capitol murder should not be let out of jail they should be put to death. Now notice the key words there, First Degree, Capitol, and found guilty.
I always hear about so called trumped up charges but the evidence is very thin when looking at the numbers. Does it happen, maybe. Did it happen in the past yes but not to the extent that some would have us believe. May not guilty people possibly be put to death, maybe. Will carrying out the sentence handed down in a timely manner prevent any possibility of that person murdering someone again, you bet it will!
Now prior to the usual come back about, "You would feel different if it were you" thing sorry but I wouldn't. If I were somehow wrongfully convicted of murder and sentenced to death I would want it done fast. Don't leave my on death row for years. Let my family sue if I am proved not guilty later.
Bottom line is the only way to ensure that a murderer never murders again is to end his or her life.
First, facts can be fluff as well, I didn't say they were not facts, just irrelevant to your point.

Second, terrorism is the rule or push political change by use of threats, look at the word, it says what it is right there. So yes, threatening a person with death if they don't behave is terrorism.

Your final assertion, that's because to religious people life is meaningless, lacking value in life you see nothing wrong with ending it sooner. Unless you are not religious in which case you still have issues if that's what you would really wish..... and I wasn't going to bring it up at all, you did.

You seem to be under the impression I am against the death penalty, I am not, I just want it used more responsibly and not used as a threat the way many use it now. But my reasons are psychological, not based on "feelings," when you tell a child not to do something, what is their first reaction? That trait doesn't fade as adults, most just learn to suppress it. It is actually part of the instinctual "fight or flight" response to threats, the superior appears as a threat, and what they say not to do becomes the fight response.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

UR BS wrote:
<quoted text>
The comment was that guns had only one purpose to kill people. Not true.
As to your comment about killing animals, well duh genius! How else are we gonna eat them? Let me guess you are one of those that says us people that eat meat should buy it in the store where no animals were hurt to get it.
Having been raised on a farm, where we killed our own meat, and having killed animals myself, I can attest to the fact that if the average city dweller actually witnessed how the food they buy in the grocery store actually got there, many of them would stop eating meat. I won't because I like it too much, though I have at times convinced myself to feel a bit nauseous if I really thought about where it was before.

Having said that, many vegetables that people eat do not necessarily come from the most desirable of situations either, though no living animal necessarily died so you could eat the vegetables, but has anyone ever listened to a carrot scream as you pull it?:)

Otterberg, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Some of those were reported in that article as escapees, so it was hardly that they were let out, and usually people are not executed in the USA for many years after the sentence so execution would only have prevented their subsequent crimes if it had happened immediately on sentencing. It that were to happen as does in some countries, then many innocent people will also be executed.
The system is sick also. When a known killer, such as OJ Simpson, walks free from his murder trial, when everyone and his grandmother knew he is guilty, but then ordered to pay money to the victims' families in a subsequent civil trial, that has to be a complete breakdown of the judicial system.
If the guy did not murder, as found in the murder trial, then how could he have to pay for those he murdered? He was the murderer, otherwise, he would have walked from the second civil trial also. Fortunately they misused the system again and gave him an excessive sentence on a later minor offence.
Actually I was hoping, at the time, that he was innocent, because he was a likeable character, at least in his movies. I didn't know him as a football player, though he played for a team only 1/2 hour from me, because I don't follow football.
As usual you miss the point. I do not filter my links to bolster ,y argument I present facts. The facts were that many were released, some were escapees, but all were murderers that repeated their offenses when they were out of prison. Had each of them been executed none of them would have murdered again.
I am firmly against the extended dragged out process after a person is condemned. There should be 1 appeal and of course procedurals review and then get it over with. Max time 2 years from sentence to burial.
As to PJ it just shows you do not understand the US Justice system at all regardless of how much you try to hint to the contraray.
In a criminal case the prosecution must prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the person did the crime. That is a high standard to maintain. In a civil suite the complainent must prove by a prponderance of the evidence that is is most likely the way they say it is. That is one of the built in safety nets of the US justice system to prevent people being sent to jail unjustly.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
MAFIA? LOL
what kind of off the wall publications are you reading.
sounds like some communist college term paper....
my point is that AMERICA fights wars because they are serving a purpose, to maintain world peace.
if at all possible
you know sometimes i think it would be a good thing if the draft was reinstated and these LIBERAL anti-american young folks had to go find out what it costs to have freedom and safety.
Many of the wars going on in foreign countries, that the USA doesn't officially get involved in, are actually partially started by the USA. One example of USA involvement is the assassination of the first democratically elected leader of the former Belgian Congo. That particular one has been officially publicized though many go on that we never hear of.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>You are a fool if you think that fighting wars has ANYTHING to do with peace. It's only about generating money.
Very true, and even though most intelligent people know that, it doesn't seem to stop people from going to wars.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 550,181 - 550,200 of680,620
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

583 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
The sad REALITY of being a gay atheist 5 min Adam 7
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 6 min KiMare 217,134
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 9 min Ed Teach 52,518
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 12 min Gods R Delusions x Mine 512,275
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 15 min Adam 36 36,108
Why do homosexuals approach little boys in thei... 15 min Adam 2
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 22 min Adam 596,600
Girls snapchat names?(dirty) 1 hr Haydos 272
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 2 hr Uzi 109,735
•••
•••
•••