Prove there's a god.

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#579783 Dec 30, 2012
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
Church membership and at least 85% attendance should be a requirement before issuing a gun.
No God, no gun.
This would slow down violence.
it would seem that you christians are responsible for some of the worst tragedies

Dylan Bennet Klebold was born in Lakewood, Colorado, to Thomas and Susan Klebold (née Yassenoff).[2] His parents attended a Lutheran church with their children, and Dylan and his older brother, Byron, attended confirmation classes in accordance with Lutheran tradition. At home, the family also observed some rituals in keeping with Klebold's maternal grandfather's Russian Jewish heritage. Klebold attended Normandy Elementary in Littleton, Colorado for the first two grades before transferring to Governor's Ranch Elementary and became part of the CHIPS program. He found the transition to Ken Caryl Middle School

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#579784 Dec 30, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The keys are to prioritize a routine of daily, vigorous physical activity and to maintain a healthful, low-fat diet.
It comes down to will power and perseverance.
There's no quick fix, no magic potion.
You're in charge: it's your responsibility to yourself and your family.
It's a lifestyle.

I've talked to people in the gym who make it obvious that they're there until they lose weight, and then they're done. They just can't face to concept of working out for the rest of their lives. There are only a small handful of people I see at the gym now who were there when I started.

I've been taking advantage of my gym's paid in full deals and am now paid up until 2016. Best money I've ever spent. I'm determined to live not only a long life, but a quality life.

No matter what happens to me financially, I'll have my gym membership.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#579785 Dec 30, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
They were trying to smurf River away, but they got smurfed.
LEAST-LOVED SMURFS
topfive.com [defunct]

• Always-Proselytizing Mormon Smurf
• Amway Sales Smurf
• Conspiracy Theory Smurf
• Mean Drunk Smurf
• Rancid Toe Jam Smurf
• Rolled in Something Smurf
• Salesman on Commission Smurf
• Squeegee Kid Smurf
• Kathie Lee Smurf
• Oozing Canker Sore Smurf
• Public Masturbation Smurf
• Scab-Picker Smurf
• Smurfy Brown
• Spastic Colon Smurf
• Sucking Chest Wound Smurf
• Visible-Sore Smurf
• Back Seat Driver Smurf
• Bleeding-Gums Smurfy
• Constant Gastrointestinal Problems Smurf
• Lazy Eye Smurf
• Upskirt-Cam Website Operator Smurf
• "Facts of Life" Trivia Smurf
•'Roid Rage Smurf
• Autoerotic Asphyxiation Smurf
• Chunky Diaper Smurf
• Cloudy Discharge Smurf
• Crack Whore Smurf
• Projectile Vomiting Smurf
• Pushy Telemarketing Smurf
• Yes, It Does Look Infected Smurf
• Soccer Hooligan Smurf
• Heartbreak of Psoriasis Smurf
• Anthrax Mailer Smurf
• Goth-Poser Smurf
• NAMBLA Chapter President Smurf
• Painful Rectal Itchy Smurf
• Sleeps-With-All-Your-Friends Smurfette
• L. Ron Smurf
• Frequently Reassigned Priest Smurf
• Smegma Smurf
• Cop-Taunting Shirtless Smurf
• Near-Suicidal Former Child Actor Smurf
• Nick Nolte Mug Shot Smurf
• Teenage Angst-Ridden Loner with a Penchant for Firearms Smurf
• Grammar Nazi Smurf
• Personal Injury Attorney Smurf
• Old-People-Smell Smurf
• Yeast Infection Smurfette
• Pothead Smurfer Dude
• Partial Smurf Abortion
• Curiously Eager Scoutmaster Smurf

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#579786 Dec 30, 2012
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
And if the ban was in place he would have just changed his mind and gone home right?
Even if his mother had securely locked up the guns, he wouldn't have had the option of going on an instantaneous killing spree.

These guns don't grow on trees, and though he might have gotten one by some other means, that would have at least meant more trouble for him and more chance of stopping him before he reached that point.

Unfortunately, there ARE unscrupulous gun dealers out there who just want to make a buck and don't care what the person's mental state is.

The type of psychosis this kid had should have been fairly easy to recognize to a responsible gun dealer. And the cost of an illicit gun may have been too steep for him to afford.
Huh

United States

#579787 Dec 30, 2012
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
Church membership and at least 85% attendance should be a requirement before issuing a gun.
No God, no gun.
This would slow down violence.
Bwaahahahahahaha. Is today Opposite Day?
Huh

United States

#579788 Dec 30, 2012
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
No one is probably more familiar with this than you are. Did you get a refresher on this at your atheist hate convention?
Shouldn't you be getting groped by a clown in a collar right about now?

Fennario

#579789 Dec 30, 2012
ebenezer1g wrote:
If I look at the sea,the sun hoW it moves, the air. Ect.,the testimonies that people are saying,I am ?very very sure there is God .
How nice for you.

Do you not understand that your argument supports the claim for the Viking pantheon just as well as it does the claim for this "God" person? Look around you. Look at the sun and see how it moves. That's Sunna. See the lightning and see how it dances. That's Thor. Obviously, the gods of Asgard are real.

It doesn't matter to others what you choose to believe, especially when your ideas backed with nothing more than wishful thinking. We really only care what you can demonstrate.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#579790 Dec 30, 2012
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you aren't really denying the existence of riots, are you?
Not at all.

But in nearly sixty years of MY life, I've never encountered one.

And I would hate to spend my life fearing them.

Ever watch Preppers?
Huh

United States

#579791 Dec 30, 2012
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
You atheists are known for committing them. Now I see a new tactic being used by atheists.....pushing people to their deaths out in front of subway trains. You mean hateful people.
The strange thing about that is none of you are angry that she is being charged with a hate crime.

Hey, what about that blackjack dealer in Vegas. She took a 10 year old girl shopping and murdered her. Then, she went to the father's new girlfriend and slashed her face. Do you know what she clutched in her hands at her arraignment? That evil book you covet.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#579792 Dec 30, 2012
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
So then, what do you plan to do about Timothy McVeigh's horrific acts? Are you going to ban diesel fuel, nitrogen fertilizer and rental trucks?
You seem blissfully unaware of the restrictions now in place for buying large quantities of fertilizer.

You're reaching, and you know it.

There is no sane reason for citizens to own assault weapons.

Period.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#579793 Dec 30, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have never eaten a McRib.
I'd literally have to be starving to death before I would take a bite of that sort of sh*t.
It's funny how, after eating clean and feeling how much better it makes you feel, crap like that just doesn't even taste good anymore.

The crappy feeling after eating crap is almost instantaneous.

Fennario

#579794 Dec 30, 2012
kebasi wrote:
pls visit www.harunyahya.com and read that it twas judas iscariot who was crucified at the cross on the night of gethsemene before the day of atonement THE GOD THE LORD save the visible jesus christ son of virgin mary
It's nice to see the Muslims cashing in on the American brain death community, too. America is a great place to push pseudoscience, a market traditionally cornered by the Christian charlatans. Why should Christians alone get to pluck all of the low lying fruit?

First came Deepak Chopra to sell Hindu quackery - ayurveda medicine. He cashed in big.

And now Harun Yahya, aka Adnan Oktar, whose "Atlas of Creation" has already been lambasted as bad science by such luminaries as Kevin Padian and PZ Myers http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adnan_Oktar#The_...

“e pluribus unum”

Since: Dec 10

primus inter pares

#579795 Dec 30, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Even if his mother had securely locked up the guns, he wouldn't have had the option of going on an instantaneous killing spree.
These guns don't grow on trees, and though he might have gotten one by some other means, that would have at least meant more trouble for him and more chance of stopping him before he reached that point.
Unfortunately, there ARE unscrupulous gun dealers out there who just want to make a buck and don't care what the person's mental state is.
The type of psychosis this kid had should have been fairly easy to recognize to a responsible gun dealer. And the cost of an illicit gun may have been too steep for him to afford.
How do you know the guns were not secure ? I mean he did murder his own mother who owned them , possibly so he could get them. The thing about it is he could have done the same thing with several revolvers. I don't see how anyone can blame the weapon type.
Because he was killing in the petting zoo , even a single shot shot gun could have been used with an equal effect.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#579796 Dec 30, 2012
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Even things that are supposed to be good for you are now tainted. Take salmon for example; wild Alaskan salmon is extremely healthy for you, but farm raised salmon contain hundreds of cancer causing toxins in it, including the same chemicals found in printer ink. In other countries they use common sense and ban these things from the food source, but in America if you have lots of money and lobbyist, then you can get it pushed through and onto peoples dinner plates.
Also, look at the protein content of wild caught vs. farm raised salmon.

There's about 3 times the protein in wild caught.

Someplace in Europe, they've started raising fish in a manmade saltwater habitat. They flooded a coastal area and they don't even have to feed the fish. It's also a bird sanctuary and the flamingo population has returned. They lose 20% of their fish to the birds and flamingos, but it has become a self supporting ecosystem that is successfully providing nutritious fish for people.

There is a specific kind of fish (I forget what it is), but the guy doing the talk (It was on TED talks) was not a fish lover, but he loved this fish, skin and all.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#579797 Dec 30, 2012
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, now I'm a Moron.... thanks...
a home made bomb would have done more damage. Ban Fertilizer, rental trucks, ammonia, crazy people.
The real issue is that crazy bastards will always find a way to create the most damage and simply banning assault weapons may not be the answer. How long was this guy acting strangely? what help was or was not available? why did no one see him coming unravelled?
It's far too easy to point at the weapons and blame an inanimate object. But the guns did not use themselves.
This kid was known to have no feelings, either emotional or physical.

One of his teachers said that he had to be watched closely when the class was soldering, because he would burn himself and not feel it.

His condition was pretty well known for quite some time.

Why his mother thought it was wise to keep guns is beyond me, but it was reported that she was a prepper.

Fennario

#579798 Dec 30, 2012
UR BS wrote:
It had its moments and of course there was 7 of 10, but for me it is still Firefly.
7 of 9.

I forgot about inflation.

Fennario

#579799 Dec 30, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>The idiot, space-western story line or the crappy acting couldn't possibly be a draw for anybody sane, so the interest must have been spawned by an individual personality on the show.
Maybe you missed the Star Wars movies.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#579800 Dec 30, 2012
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
Well on my FB I've posted pictures where I was just a few pounds under 400lbs and worked my tail off to get to 200 and look good nekked. I'n my case it simply was just bad food choices, bad emotional state and lack of excercise. I't got to the point where I could not go upstairs to my bedroom because my knees hurt. I suffered from sleep apnea. In the past I made many poor choices. When my older brother had a heart attack and I went to visit him in the Hospital, I relized that all the IV medicine was exactly the same as I was taking in pill form. I had a rude awakening.
Iv'e lost almost 200 lbs since. It's been a bitch, but sometimes right decisions and easy decisions are not the same thing.
Way to go, Al!

That's something you should be very proud of.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#579801 Dec 30, 2012
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you not heard of the increase in school knifings in China? It's been increasing at an alarming rate since 2010. China has some of the most stringent gun laws in the world and yet the same horrific events have transpired. I'm afraid your idealistic view of a world without violence will, sadly, never be realized.
Ok.

Think you can give an honest answer here?

Which weapon could you kill more people with in a given amount of time?

An AR-14 or a knife?

Which assailant would be easier to stop?

“e pluribus unum”

Since: Dec 10

primus inter pares

#579802 Dec 30, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem blissfully unaware of the restrictions now in place for buying large quantities of fertilizer.
You're reaching, and you know it.
There is no sane reason for citizens to own assault weapons.
Period.
The Constitution spells it out plainly in the first sentence.

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state,

the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

The citizens armed are supposed to be able to form a militia
as strong as any army to fight for freedom. If necessary , that's the deal and a issue about our country itself.
For example the UN wants to regulate weapon sales globally.
We are against that too.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/larrybell/2011/06...

Now if foreign powers infiltrate from within and the people defenseless , the people posses no power to resist.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 10 min Rosa_Winkel 445,568
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 13 min Rosa_Winkel 92,594
Gay men sleeping with women and men is unaccept... 1 hr I no wat I no 1
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr truth 286,007
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 1 hr MUQ2 1,090
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 hr truth 667,730
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 3 hr RiccardoFire 19,320
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 4 hr bad bob 183,620
More from around the web