“It's all about the struggle”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#579337 Dec 29, 2012
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>More like , the less likely the will commit unnecessary violence, period.
They simply pay someone else to do it. You know, like sovereign rulers do.

The elitists have manipulated our thinking processes so well as to convince us that the educated and rich function at a higher moral level.

When a college textbook tells us that the poor are more prone to violent thoughts and acts than the wealthy are we should find that insulting instead of letting it go as a "fact". The facts "are" that cops turn a blind eye to most of the minor crimes that the wealthy commit from respect(fear of never finding work again) alone, and they let the larger crimes go because they want to keep breathing. I've known too many rich who get tickets "taken care of" and pay victims to keep a crime from ever getting into the public records file. Crime statistics are compiled from crimes that make "into the books", not necessarily from the actual amount of crimes committed. Therefore, our colleges are teaching us that the poor have lower standards of morals than the wealthy, which is in FACT a lie.

Elitists can only continue to rule as long as they have us convinced that they know what is best for us. One of those so-called truisms is the fact that they must be smarter than the poor else why would they be richer too? Smart=rich=capable. Money does talk.
Jesus Freak

Brentwood, NY

#579338 Dec 29, 2012
Franny Cunningham wrote:
You would know that Satan was/is alive if you saw a 90 pound woman stick a knife in the chest of a 200 pound man lift him 3 feet off the ground and pin him to the wall. I saw it when I went into a room with a priest of a possesed woman.
No one can define or attempt to explain God's motives. But we do know of his love. If he did not love us we would not have free will. He started us out with Adam and Eve having free will and we know how they used it. They led us to today's problems in individuals and society. The real problem with that free will is that Satan can put pressure on the individual to do wrong. Ct's school childen is an exmple of a free will going bad!
What free will do severe mentally challenged people have? Gods cruel joke?

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#579339 Dec 29, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
How many people want to immigrate to Canada? Also how many people go there for tourism? If you want to compare fruit, compare apples to apples please. I hate the apples to oranges comparisons, they are below even my lowly intellect.
You have a small point, but the impact will be negligible, which was my point to begin with. Also an expansion of one of my original points, being that the more educated and intelligent a person is, the less likely they are to own a gun, as seen in the distribution of gun ownership to relative educational levels. Gun crimes are also focused mostly in poor and forgotten/neglected neighborhoods, the ones people "fear" to go through. There is only one real connection, the falling educational standards is the only correlation to areas that maintain relatively high crime statistics. Because let's face it, our education system here sucks, I mean it's a huge mess, we have that idiotic redneck-religious state setting the standard for the entire country still, so it's not difficult to see why.
But you can never completely eliminate any problem, ever, there will always be something left in society that makes you cringe, it's one of the flaws in having a social structure. But you are correct in the gun mentality, though that is almost exclusively only present when education and intelligence is lacking in the individual.
Actually Canada is considered way above the USA as far as the favorite countries in the world. Considered one of the safest, while the USA is one of the most dangerous, though not near the worst by any stretch. I suspect that more people want to emigrate to the USA as it has some warm states in winter but much of Canada, the most populated parts, are below some of the USA states. I live south of some states west of Ontario for example.

Kitten, why would you demean your intellect even in jest, as you are one of the few intelligent people here?

Location hidden

#579340 Dec 29, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
So?
You suggested that harsher punishment does not prevent recidivism when, in fact, it does.

There are too many murderers who don't do their entire life sentence and get out only to murder again. Execution would have prevented that. Being babied while they are incarcerated does not remove their baser enjoyment at murdering other people. Once a killer, always a killer.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#579342 Dec 29, 2012
UR BS wrote:
<quoted text>
Finnaly someone that gets it.
The no death penalty thing helps people commit murder again for instance the guy in Norway got 21 years. He is a fairly young guy so when he gets out because they won't rid society of him he can just do it again.
He won't get out if he is deemed as still a danger to society. I would think in his case he should die in prison, except if they can prove that he has been rehabilitated, and that can be demonstrated. The guy was obviously a bit crazy, but also one of the white supremacists, who are rabid in the USA as well - especially in the USA as your laws protect hate mongers.

The problem with the death penalty, or at least one problem, is the number of people who were in prison in both the USA and Canada for murder who were subsequently freed after DNA testing became available. Once the guy is executed, new evidence exonerating him doesn't do much for him.

The worst part of the death penalty is it is a measure of the morality of the country's people. People who kill other people have lower morals than those who don't take a life for a life. I think that it is justified when attacked to defend yourself, but never to execute someone in cold blood after months or years of trials etc. That is just cold blooded murder, and shows just how low the country actually will stoop.

Location hidden

#579344 Dec 29, 2012
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>That's no reason to make things easy for them.
Choking someone is fairly easy.
Henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

#579345 Dec 29, 2012
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
When you've been frying in Hell for 10,000,000,000,000,000,000 years, I bet you still recall this dumbass comment, you stupid ignorant corrupted atheist..
Well, a fun is a fun!

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#579346 Dec 29, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>You suggested that harsher punishment does not prevent recidivism when, in fact, it does.
There are too many murderers who don't do their entire life sentence and get out only to murder again. Execution would have prevented that. Being babied while they are incarcerated does not remove their baser enjoyment at murdering other people. Once a killer, always a killer.
What I said is that most crimes are committed by people who don't think they'll be caught, or who are acting in the heat of passion. Therefore the threat of harsh punishment is not much of a deterrent to crime.

You changed the subject.

I do agree with you that the dead don't commit too many crimes. This even includes people who have died a natural death.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#579347 Dec 29, 2012
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually Canada is considered way above the USA as far as the favorite countries in the world. Considered one of the safest, while the USA is one of the most dangerous, though not near the worst by any stretch. I suspect that more people want to emigrate to the USA as it has some warm states in winter but much of Canada, the most populated parts, are below some of the USA states. I live south of some states west of Ontario for example.
Kitten, why would you demean your intellect even in jest, as you are one of the few intelligent people here?
Thank you, but, I still learn a lot from others such as you, G_O_D, and many others actually, I may think clearer than some people, but I still don't know a lot of stuff.

Anyhow, my point wasn't to start a "which country is better," quite the opposite, it's one of my pet peeves when people compare one country or culture to another and expect them to function or even respond the same to specific changes or events. That is why I asked the rhetorical questions, not looking for an actual answer to them, just pointing out that there are differences. The entire gun thing illustrates this more than most other policies, as places in the US with the strictest gun laws have the highest rates of gun related crimes, so it seems that isn't what will work in the US, it may not even be what made the rates in other countries go down either. The UK, for example, has been ahead of the US in many areas, Scotland is so far ahead in equality and freedom it's insane to know most of the US likes to ban stupid things like gay marriage "just because it's wrong."

So yes, the US is doing something wrong, but I do not see any evidence to suggest it's the actual gun laws that are a problem, so for me whether to ban them or not is entirely meh. I don't care either way, but it won't change what we see now, if people want to discuss the issue, they need to start considering what's really going on and work on that, but that's not the US mentality, the US is a finger pointing nation, and that's one of the reasons positive change rarely happens here.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#579348 Dec 29, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>You suggested that harsher punishment does not prevent recidivism when, in fact, it does.
Sorry, but this assertion is based on ... what?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#579349 Dec 29, 2012
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
He won't get out if he is deemed as still a danger to society. I would think in his case he should die in prison, except if they can prove that he has been rehabilitated, and that can be demonstrated. The guy was obviously a bit crazy, but also one of the white supremacists, who are rabid in the USA as well - especially in the USA as your laws protect hate mongers.
The problem with the death penalty, or at least one problem, is the number of people who were in prison in both the USA and Canada for murder who were subsequently freed after DNA testing became available. Once the guy is executed, new evidence exonerating him doesn't do much for him.
The worst part of the death penalty is it is a measure of the morality of the country's people. People who kill other people have lower morals than those who don't take a life for a life. I think that it is justified when attacked to defend yourself, but never to execute someone in cold blood after months or years of trials etc. That is just cold blooded murder, and shows just how low the country actually will stoop.
The 62 yr old man who just murdered 2 fire fighters was released from prison where he had spent something like 15 years for the murder of his 92 yr old grandmother.

If government had executed him he would not have been available to murder again. If government had kept him locked up for life he would still have been available to murder other prisoners,guards etc.

If it would be immoral of government to execute him,isn't it just as immoral for government put him in a position to kill again?

So if either decision is immoral better to choose the one that at least preserves the lives of potential new victims.

Location hidden

#579350 Dec 29, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup. OCB claimed that Jesus never existed, but IF He did, he was a fair to middling carpenter...
One wonders how she knows what kind of carpenter he was...
OCB is a fanatic.

Location hidden

#579351 Dec 29, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
What I said is that most crimes are committed by people who don't think they'll be caught, or who are acting in the heat of passion. Therefore the threat of harsh punishment is not much of a deterrent to crime.
You changed the subject.
I do agree with you that the dead don't commit too many crimes. This even includes people who have died a natural death.
Nope. Timn claimed, "harsher punishment does not prevent recidivism"[paraphrase], and you said "That's a fact."

I did not even remotely change the subject.

Location hidden

#579352 Dec 29, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
So?
Topix really needs a "lame" judgicon.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#579353 Dec 29, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
yes

you are prepared to kill others.

Location hidden

#579354 Dec 29, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Choking someone is fairly easy.
for you

for most people, not easy

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#579355 Dec 29, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Nope. Timn claimed, "harsher punishment does not prevent recidivism"[paraphrase], and you said "That's a fact."
I did not even remotely change the subject.
The discussion was about conditions of incarceration. RR claimed prisons were too cozy.

Do you think we don't know that killing somebody prevents him from killing again?

You should change your name to nonsenomaly.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#579356 Dec 29, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
My ex-wife suggested making bullets cost $5,000 apiece.
They can keep their guns, but they'd have to get a mortgage to do any serious damage.
I think it's a pretty good suggestion.
I couldn't agree more. Nothing in the second amendment that prevents it, plus the bullet manufactures would LOVE it. The extra profits could be put into a special pool and then given to the families of shooting victims...

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#579357 Dec 29, 2012
Dan wrote:
Your wannt to make it ilegal to teach kids about God? It's non e of youre busness.
I disagree.

There are several good arguments for why this matter is everybody's business. Here's one:

Kids need to be able to develop a natural conscience before it is poisoned by Christian doctrine, which quite clearly stunts its natural development. The Christians here are continually asking us why we don't go on killing rampages or rape people without a god belief. What does that tell you?

It tells you that they don't know what we know - the reason why, which is what an inner moral compass feels like, and how it can determine behavior.

Furthermore, it shows that the Christian doesn't care about the consequences of his actions to others, just to himself. He doesn't know why not to harm others if he won't be punished.

Do we really want to live among such people? Aren't we all at risk if they suddenly lose their faith or rebel against their god? That makes what your church does to developing children everybody's business. It means that he have a interest in seeing that the church not teach them ethics until they are mature so that they will know why not to rape and murder even in the absence of retributive torture. Does that make sense?

The same is true for the reasoning faculty, which tells us how it is out there. Christians learn to disesteem evidence, reason and critical thought, and to trust faith instead. They tend to be scientifically illiterate and to distrust scientists, which also puts the rest of us at risk, especially if the scientists are climate scientists.

We depend on our neighbors to have a 21st century understanding of our world, not the seventh century version, and to use it to make intelligent decisions. Thus, we need to educate children unimpeded by the church until a capacity for critical thought and reasonable judgment emerges, perhaps at age twenty-one, when we trust them to drink.

Then the church can have those that are interested.

Of course, the church would object, and the reason is clear: it's much harder to capture minds that can think clearly and that know right from wrong using the a bible than it is to capture the innocent and vulnerable.

Does that sound reasonable?

Location hidden

#579358 Dec 29, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you, but, I still learn a lot from others such as you, G_O_D, and many others actually, I may think clearer than some people, but I still don't know a lot of stuff.
Anyhow, my point wasn't to start a "which country is better," quite the opposite, it's one of my pet peeves when people compare one country or culture to another and expect them to function or even respond the same to specific changes or events. That is why I asked the rhetorical questions, not looking for an actual answer to them, just pointing out that there are differences. The entire gun thing illustrates this more than most other policies, as places in the US with the strictest gun laws have the highest rates of gun related crimes, so it seems that isn't what will work in the US, it may not even be what made the rates in other countries go down either. The UK, for example, has been ahead of the US in many areas, Scotland is so far ahead in equality and freedom it's insane to know most of the US likes to ban stupid things like gay marriage "just because it's wrong."
So yes, the US is doing something wrong, but I do not see any evidence to suggest it's the actual gun laws that are a problem, so for me whether to ban them or not is entirely meh. I don't care either way, but it won't change what we see now, if people want to discuss the issue, they need to start considering what's really going on and work on that, but that's not the US mentality, the US is a finger pointing nation, and that's one of the reasons positive change rarely happens here.
you know damn well, that the problem is entitlement and religiosity.

No citizenry should allow their government to disarm them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Enslaving Americans....October 27, 2014 25 min FudgePacker 14
Twenty-one century prison! What do you think??? 25 min hkaia tube 1
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 26 min Student 38,895
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 34 min BL88IN 1,097
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 46 min truth 550,784
CONPLAN 3502 replaced GARDEN PLOT. Check out th... 48 min Flabber Gasted 1
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 53 min Commander Bunny 262,067
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr Blk Thndr 602,758
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 5 hr bacon hater 96,408
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 9 hr Chris Clearwater 174,524

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE