Prove there's a god.

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#579479 Dec 29, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Some people are too sensitive for their own good.:)
stop it nano......you're hurting my feelings......:)

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#579480 Dec 29, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
Dear mankind,
I gave you all the attributes needed to be more than an animal, to become 'gods' yourselves. With that came a responsibilty; to take care of each other, use the planet and all the creatures on it wisely and protect it and them from undue harm.
Part of giving you that power, by neccessity, included granting you freewill. That means that you can reject all these responsibilities and suffer the conseqquences. You ,ay decide to remain as animals, you can abuse the power I gave you and destroy everything I gave you and become extinct and have no one but yourselves to blame.
It is all in your hands now, I am going away now. Don't expect me to come back and dig you out of any messes you create. You are the 'gods' now. Choose wisely.
Love,
Gnxl (don't even bother trying to pronounce it)
You screwed up all these people and now you're just going to walk away and leave it to the handful of sane people who weren't assimilated?

Thanks.

Thanks a lot.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#579481 Dec 29, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Another helpful advent, more free video games will also likely decrease criminal activity in the largest portion of those using guns in crimes. Funny thing is that the advent of games and the internet is literally the only correlation to a decrease in crimes that started in the 80s. I guess the "idle hands" adage is actually true in a sense. My mother had one good point when I was young, she liked us playing video games as teens because, in her words, "it's better than them joining a gang out of boredom." Which was exactly what happened. I had a friend who was in a gang, but I never had time to "join up" or even learn much about it because I was too busy playing Final Fantasy and exchanging tips and tricks about the game with other friends.
Nostalgia aside, it's pretty much finding the vices that people enjoy and making them more available to the "trouble" areas, as you mentioned better job opportunities for adults, also relaxing the child labor laws a bit, those just went out of control. Education is key, and likely why the internet had an impact as well, more information available so those with curiosity had much more to do.
That's bullshyt! I've seen kids go from being active and healthy to little zoned out zombies who get all violent and throw shyt when the game "kills" their "player". Some scream and cuss and then act out when they get frustrated. Boys are worse, but some girls get freaky too.
Gaming doesn't make every kid all calm and cozy.

#579482 Dec 29, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol!
That would have been a little uncomfortable to explain as most of the partyers were kids.
I remember the parties my brothers and I used to throw back in the day. Hell, even the dogs got drunk......

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#579483 Dec 29, 2012
Freebird USA wrote:
<quoted text>
If you're going to make that claim you need to produce the statistics. And when you do so statistics proving just the opposite will be produced. What you seek is sacrificing the freedom of innocent people and expecting them to entrust their safety to the government.
The government is supposed to be designed in such a way that it is the people who put them there, though I realize that it doesn't actually work quite that way, but human beings should never have to arm themselves against their own fellow citizens, who have to be the sons and daughters of some of the same citizens.

Having said that, what idiot thinks that having all citizens carrying handguns in their purses or pockets is going to help them if the government should decide to send the army after them. It would guarantee though that the army is going to shoot first rather than ask questions.

Every time you get stopped for speeding the cop comes to your window with his gun pointed at your face? Here the cops don't even go near their guns unless they have already been attacked, because it means a major inquiry to explain why they used their guns. In every case where a civilian is injured or killed by a police officer it has to be investigated by an outside organization.

Location hidden

#579484 Dec 29, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll bet that if a person misspelled a word, you'd be quick to blame the person and not the pencil.
I'll bet that if a person killed another with a knife, you'd also blame the person and not the knife.
But if someone kills another with a gun, it's the guns fault?
Yeah, I don't blame the pencil for the lead that's embedded in my hand.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#579485 Dec 29, 2012
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
I would have to say that the problem is more complex than just simply food or simply meat or sugar. It's that people as a society have become less active, and cheap easy fast food is easily available. In addition, how many working parents come home at the end of an exhuasting day and order out?
Kids play outside? why? The Wii or XBox is better..... at least in their minds.
We as a whole no longer burn the Calorie intake like our grandparents did when they were our age.
I do, Al.

That's why I'm fit as a fiddle and slim in the middle.

Location hidden

#579486 Dec 29, 2012
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
that would be you
Prove it, whacko.

Location hidden

#579487 Dec 29, 2012
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
I would have to say that the problem is more complex than just simply food or simply meat or sugar. It's that people as a society have become less active, and cheap easy fast food is easily available. In addition, how many working parents come home at the end of an exhuasting day and order out?
Kids play outside? why? The Wii or XBox is better..... at least in their minds.
We as a whole no longer burn the Calorie intake like our grandparents did when they were our age.
Yes, part of the cost of rapid technology innovations, is humans have not adapted as quickly as the technology has, and it is damaging us. If we wanted to play when I was a kid we had to go outside and do something active, because we didn't really have much else to do. I was an avid reader but I also played a lot outdoors, and of course being raised on a farm I had to do hard labor from a fairly early age.

Raising our own kids, I know it was easier just to tell them to go watch tv then to try to find some way to entertain them, and now we are all paying for that, by a very unhealthy society. One of the problems is we had no history of that kind of advancement to measure what it might do to us. Almost all of the non active entertainment came about in my lifetime.

Location hidden

#579488 Dec 29, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not about fault.
I'm sure the gun will be so relieved ti hear that....

Oh wait, you're one of those Harris acolytes who believes that nobody is accountable for their actions, right?

How convenient for abusers.

Location hidden

#579489 Dec 29, 2012
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
I remember the parties my brothers and I used to throw back in the day. Hell, even the dogs got drunk......
But the dogs were your brothers, were they not?:):)

#579490 Dec 29, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I do, Al.
That's why I'm fit as a fiddle and slim in the middle.
Well..... not everyone can be fit as a fiddle. I was a fat bastard for the longest time and it seemed to take forever and just a lot of effort to get to my fighting weight. Even now Catcher it's a struggle and to maintain. I'm afraid that if I don't watch what I'm eating I'll have to go back to using a crow bar and a stick of butter to get in and out of my car.

Long Beach, CA

#579491 Dec 29, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sure the gun will be so relieved ti hear that....
Oh wait, you're one of those Harris acolytes who believes that nobody is accountable for their actions, right?
How convenient for abusers.
Except for those who are non compos mentis, we are all accountable for our actions.

And I am not an acolyte. I think for myself.

Long Beach, CA

#579492 Dec 29, 2012
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
Well..... not everyone can be fit as a fiddle. I was a fat bastard for the longest time and it seemed to take forever and just a lot of effort to get to my fighting weight. Even now Catcher it's a struggle and to maintain. I'm afraid that if I don't watch what I'm eating I'll have to go back to using a crow bar and a stick of butter to get in and out of my car.
The keys are to prioritize a routine of daily, vigorous physical activity and to maintain a healthful, low-fat diet.

It comes down to will power and perseverance.

There's no quick fix, no magic potion.

You're in charge: it's your responsibility to yourself and your family.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#579493 Dec 29, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>That's bullshyt! I've seen kids go from being active and healthy to little zoned out zombies who get all violent and throw shyt when the game "kills" their "player". Some scream and cuss and then act out when they get frustrated. Boys are worse, but some girls get freaky too.
Gaming doesn't make every kid all calm and cozy.
You have "seen?" So you think anecdotal evidence is actually evidence that counters actual statistics? The idea isn't to make them "all calm and cozy" but to give them an outlet for natural instincts, which acting on in the modern day would result in them doing something horrible. They are already like that, you just don't see it unless it's right in front of you, and only when you can point the finger at something to blame. It's the blame game mentality, the finger pointing idiocy, of the US. You are just another US citizen, and just as much a blame gamer as the majority. Hillary Clinton used your exact same anecdote as "evidence" in an attempt to ban video games, and was literally silenced by the statistics which are not in favor of that anecdote.

Video games sky rocket, violent crimes plummet .... perhaps the cause of the crime plummet is not video games, but video games cannot be said to cause violence otherwise there would have been no decline in crimes.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#579494 Dec 29, 2012
Anon wrote:
We have to do something, we have to limit handgun sales, we have to ban assault rifles, ad nauseum.
There WAS an assault weapon ban in this country, but bush let it expire because his loser friends at the NRA pulled his chain and told him to. The number of mass shootings per year has now doubled since the ban expired. We've all become "conditioned" to accepting these senseless killings but this time it is different. Let's not candy coat this. Those poor innocent children in Newtown weren't "just killed". Let's call it was it is. It was a massacre.. Those innocent children were - slaughtered - with the same intensity and disregard for life that your butcher has preparing meat for your table. Even the trained professionals who responded to the shooting were over taken and sickened by it. There is NO excuse for this! Whatever needs to be done, needs to be done, but this can't ever happen again.

Gun freaks want people to believe that any criminal that wants to commit a crime will find a way. That's red herring BS! Adam Lanza wasn't a criminal before this happened. He was just a 20 year old kid. A 20 year old pissed off kid who didn’t have a father in his life for the past two years. He lived in a home that was filled with firearms (so much for the theory that having a gun makes you safer, just ask his mother). And had he not had access to semi-automatic weapons, he would not have been able to take 26 innocent lives in a matter of minutes. I'm confident that the semi-automatic ban will be put back in place, but we need to do more.

#579495 Dec 29, 2012
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
But the dogs were your brothers, were they not?:):)
lol! at least my older brother was..... we use to have kegger parties and we used to pour the foam into bowls and of course the dogs would drink it when it went back to being beer. And a great time was had by all..... until the Police helicopters would show up and and shine the spot lights.... but by that time we really didnt care....

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#579496 Dec 29, 2012
Freebird USA wrote:
What you seek is sacrificing the freedom of innocent people and expecting them to entrust their safety to the government.
Whatever.

Long Beach, CA

#579497 Dec 29, 2012
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>There WAS an assault weapon ban in this country, but bush let it expire because his loser friends at the NRA pulled his chain and told him to. The number of mass shootings per year has now doubled since the ban expired. We've all become "conditioned" to accepting these senseless killings but this time it is different. Let's not candy coat this. Those poor innocent children in Newtown weren't "just killed". Let's call it was it is. It was a massacre.. Those innocent children were - slaughtered - with the same intensity and disregard for life that your butcher has preparing meat for your table. Even the trained professionals who responded to the shooting were over taken and sickened by it. There is NO excuse for this! Whatever needs to be done, needs to be done, but this can't ever happen again.
Gun freaks want people to believe that any criminal that wants to commit a crime will find a way. That's red herring BS! Adam Lanza wasn't a criminal before this happened. He was just a 20 year old kid. A 20 year old pissed off kid who didn’t have a father in his life for the past two years. He lived in a home that was filled with firearms (so much for the theory that having a gun makes you safer, just ask his mother). And had he not had access to semi-automatic weapons, he would not have been able to take 26 innocent lives in a matter of minutes. I'm confident that the semi-automatic ban will be put back in place, but we need to do more.
Well stated, thanks.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#579498 Dec 29, 2012
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, part of the cost of rapid technology innovations, is humans have not adapted as quickly as the technology has, and it is damaging us. If we wanted to play when I was a kid we had to go outside and do something active, because we didn't really have much else to do. I was an avid reader but I also played a lot outdoors, and of course being raised on a farm I had to do hard labor from a fairly early age.
Raising our own kids, I know it was easier just to tell them to go watch tv then to try to find some way to entertain them, and now we are all paying for that, by a very unhealthy society. One of the problems is we had no history of that kind of advancement to measure what it might do to us. Almost all of the non active entertainment came about in my lifetime.
Well, mainstream media rots the brain anyway, however, they do need alternative outlets, there isn't as much space for kids today because people keep having more of them. That is why gangs are becoming popular, it's a battle for "turf," the primal instincts in all pack animals, which can be sated through non-destructive competition. Enter the video game, or online forums, which sates that instinct enough that they no longer have it driving them into the more dangerous, and horrible, alternatives. Not all kids will display this instinct anymore, but most do, and many times the parents will delude themselves into thinking their kids won't ever do that, which tends to result in those kids having a higher chance of becoming, essentially, hooligans. Now remaining inactive for too long is bad for the physical health, for that we have parks and such, if you're lucky enough to live in an area that isn't crowded on clear days.

Basically, the modern technology that is being decried is what's actually saving us from ourselves right now. It's sad because no one wants to stop breeding, so it only becomes more beneficial to us, sort of like a medication. Also, allowing children to meet others from other countries is very healthy mentally, it expands their minds, offers them a better perspective that most of us were never offered.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 2 min waaasssuuup 7,710
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min New Age Spiritual... 603,834
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 5 min RiccardoFire 41,180
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 10 min WasteWater 6,420
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 11 min WasteWater 8,442
The Christian Atheist debate 12 min too lazy to log in 4,186
gay bottom in gurgaon (May '14) 30 min NEER 592
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 41 min who 177,908
More from around the web