Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#579101 Dec 28, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You guys keep saying that w/o any explanation.....
Accidents.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#579102 Dec 28, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You still haven't described how a gun kills.
I'll tell you what loser, with you line of so-called "reasoning" instead of hiding behind your keyboard why don't you stand in front of everyone and swallow a cyanide capsule and then try and prove that the cyanide capsule didn't kill you. We both know how guns kill. If you're so brain dead that you don't understand how a gun works then congratulations, they've named a town after you - Marblehead, Massachusetts.

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#579103 Dec 28, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Tax money is not the redistrubution of wealth. And what makes you think that the people getting their gubment handouts are "entitled" to it?
<quoted text>
I have a big problem with that, I love how you people assume so damn much.
<quoted text>
Whtever.
.. yaaaaaaa! Let's make children beg for food and live on the streets like they do in India, especially HIV/AIDS children. They don't deserve gubment handouts, nobody does ..
ChaosInMe

Mexico, MO

#579104 Dec 28, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, that's all nice, you know nothing of any hypothesis currently being investigated about how the first cells could have come about naturally.
However, just because something exists, doesn't make it evidence that something else exists. The existence of life is only evidence that life exists, nothing more.
The catalyst of life, or primordial soup as some may call it, does provide hints on the possible how, however there is still the point of there is nothing to spark that first initial reaction and binding which creates 'life' as we know it. the combining enzymes and compounds in most lab studies in the most perfect of conditions yield nothing.

And no. you don't understand.

Life is evidence of an Event.
the transition between inanimate and animate.

Something that is 'Impossible' by most all definitions.

The point being:
It could not have occurred with out some sort of outside influence...

which is evidence of something outside...
evidence of 'God'

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#579105 Dec 28, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I learned that you're a symathetic pacifist p_ssy.
You're a liberal Democrat, huh?
and I learned that asking you to read something with words of more than two syllables is futile

I also know that war is sometimes necessary and unlike you I didn't just want to serve this country in the military I actually did serve 6 yrs in the Corps

can you say

CHICKENHAWK

With Established Harem

#579106 Dec 28, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I still don't understand why some people think guns in the home pose a threat.
http://www.momlogic.com/2008/08/protect_your_...

With Established Harem

#579107 Dec 28, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I get it. Y'all need a scapegoat to blame & GW seems like the perfect country "bible thumper" for you.
It isn't the governments fault for giving people credit for homes & mortgages they could never afford.
It isn't the governments fault that the price of homes falsley went up so high.
It isn't the governments fault that in 2006, 500,000 illegal aliens were given home loans....
.. get educated ..

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/...

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#579108 Dec 28, 2012
ChaosInMe wrote:
<quoted text>
The catalyst of life, or primordial soup as some may call it, does provide hints on the possible how, however there is still the point of there is nothing to spark that first initial reaction and binding which creates 'life' as we know it. the combining enzymes and compounds in most lab studies in the most perfect of conditions yield nothing.
And no. you don't understand.
Life is evidence of an Event.
the transition between inanimate and animate.
Something that is 'Impossible' by most all definitions.
The point being:
It could not have occurred with out some sort of outside influence...
which is evidence of something outside...
evidence of 'God'
Actually, that's what they are exploring, the chemical reactions, or as you call it the "spark." The conditions as far as we know it were literally perfect for primitive cell formation, the chemicals that were present and the conditions would have caused the reactions in those chemical mixtures that would result in primitive cells. There are still some unanswered questions, but to fill in that gap with something supernatural is lazy thinking.

There are also a lot of things which are not alive that are animated, due to chemical reactions. The stars are one such example. Water is always animated, even when it appears to be stationary. Air is very animated. Just because something is not known doesn't mean something "outside" did it, it just means it's not known. You are making a presupposition based argument, and those will always fail.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#579109 Dec 28, 2012
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Or worse: quotes from the Koran!
*snicker*

Yes.

Wait, wait, question for the fundies:

Which is worse, Islam, Catholicism, or Satanism?

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#579110 Dec 28, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it's not even figurative, and figurative doesn't mean metaphorical.
Common applications of the term:
http://answers.unity3d.com/questions/172570/s...
http://www.cgrats.com/apply-multiple-material...
Definition:
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/face
8. The most significant or prominent surface of an object
9. A planar surface of a geometric solid.
10. Any of the surfaces of a rock or crystal.
Mathematical:
http://www.mathsisfun.com/definitions/face.ht...
Nothing metaphorical or figurative about it. You are dense.
Wow, you are dense.

you just gave examples & defintions of "face".

We were discussing the PHRASE (not word), "the face of the waters", which is a metaphor.

Location hidden

#579111 Dec 28, 2012
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>I'll tell you what loser, with you line of so-called "reasoning" instead of hiding behind your keyboard why don't you stand in front of everyone and swallow a cyanide capsule and then try and prove that the cyanide capsule didn't kill you. We both know how guns kill. If you're so brain dead that you don't understand how a gun works then congratulations, they've named a town after you - Marblehead, Massachusetts.
You're OCB's hubby, huh? You're just as sweet as her.....

How 'bout this, genius....

I didn't misspell the word, the pencil did.

Location hidden

#579112 Dec 28, 2012
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. yaaaaaaa! Let's make children beg for food and live on the streets like they do in India, especially HIV/AIDS children. They don't deserve gubment handouts, nobody does ..
That's not what I meant and you know it.

But nobody is "entitled" to free money & food.

Location hidden

#579113 Dec 28, 2012
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
and I learned that asking you to read something with words of more than two syllables is futile
I also know that war is sometimes necessary and unlike you I didn't just want to serve this country in the military I actually did serve 6 yrs in the Corps
can you say
CHICKENHAWK
As I said, it was for reasons beyond my control that I didn't serve.

But thank you very much for your service! What did you do?

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#579114 Dec 28, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Right. Because you are a hypocritical bigot.
Hey, I'm not hypocritical. Fundies are the ones want religion back in the schools.

Might be worth it just to hear the shrieking if you got it...

With Established Harem

#579116 Dec 28, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
But nobody is "entitled" to free money & food.
.. infants and children are ..

With Established Harem

#579117 Dec 28, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
But thank you very much for your service! What did you do?
.. you're welcome. Ask HFY or River Tam ..

“Credulity is not a virtue”

San Francisco

#579119 Dec 28, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, shit. An atheist just acknowldged that Christians do a lot of good...
Thanks.
As far as the "America is a Christian nation", I'm not talking about legally. I'm talking about influence. Our founders were Christian men that wanted to openly practice their Christianity without fear of persecusion from our government.
They drafted the Constitution in a perfect way - to let people be religious not be religious without EVER worrying that the government will stop them.
Theocracies don't work & they knew it. They wanted true freedom, as much as poosible anyway, for all Americans.
We agree on that. There was plenty of Christian influence in the founding of this nation. Some of it was good (such as post-Enlightenment ethics), some bad (such as slavery). Not all of the founders were Christian, but most were (some were self-described Deists). Some of the founders did want to found a Christian theocracy, and that was bitterly contested. Fortunately they did not succeed, because as you say, theocracies don't work. Which makes the developments in Israel interesting, but that is another story.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#579120 Dec 28, 2012
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. I remember that.
How about this one, sung in basic while marching:
A yellow bird
With a yellow bill
Was sitting on
My windowsill
I lured him in
With a piece of bread
And then I crushed
His fcuking head.
The Army and I were less than a perfect fit.
I think we did that one.

Yeah.

I didn't make a lot of friends among my "superiors" either.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

San Francisco

#579121 Dec 28, 2012
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>You can't be that delusional.
I still don't get the logic of "guns don't kill people, people kill people" or "a gun is just a tool". If there was ever an argument where the protagonist was begging to bury their head in the sand, that must be it.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#579122 Dec 28, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, you are dense.
you just gave examples & defintions of "face".
We were discussing the PHRASE (not word), "the face of the waters", which is a metaphor.
You are saying something is a metaphor without even needing to, that's the sad part. Every surface has a face, most have a front and back face, face is the name of an object's surface, it's not metaphorical, and it doesn't need to. You are so defensive about your mythology you even try to justify parts that don't need it. "Face of the waters" means just that, the surface of the volume of liquid called water.

When you realize just how use to making up excuses for your beliefs, you will soon realize why your beliefs are delusional.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 7 min WasteWater 4,777
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 9 min Seraphima 548,669
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 10 min onemale 261,675
The REAL reason Oscar Pistorius was sent straig... 17 min Doctor REALITY 7
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 25 min Dave Nelson 230,003
Are NFL teams....LYING about why they don't wan... 57 min Doctor REALITY 28
Hacking Staples...Banks..Witchcraft...The End 1 hr Power_2014 4
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr dr Shrink 602,176
Have any girls on here had sex with a dog??? (Feb '12) 3 hr chevyguy 127
Do you enjoy seeing your sister nude / naked? (Sep '13) 10 hr MeHere 388

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE