Prove there's a god.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#577541 Dec 23, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
WHAT? God revealed himself to Redneck? When did this all happen?Someone tell me!
someone dropped their shorts in the shower room, RR thinks he saw god

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#577542 Dec 23, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
I like him, but am I the only one who thinks Iron man is so up himself?
That is what makes Robert perfect for the role. Tony Stark is suppose to be arrogant, egotistical, and wealthy. Of all the people to wear the Iron Man suit, Tony is the best one yet. Robert pulls the role off so well because ... that's what he's like in real life.:P

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#577543 Dec 23, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Which is much higher than that of an atheist.
ya. your morality is immeasurable

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#577544 Dec 23, 2012
Clementia wrote:
But still, it could of had a better story line, i felt bored watching it, like i did with the new batman.
Maybe, it's like the expendables thing, i don't like that either, maybe u have to be a true fan to like them.
I think you'll like the new batman then.
Goodnite, sweetheart! X
I didn't like the Expendables very much. If I compare that to The A Team or The Losers, it was lacking a lot.

Say hello to the Sandman for me.:)

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#577545 Dec 23, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you see the Sherlock movies?
He's quite talented.
Ah yes, he was the most accurate Holmes in cinema ever too. Loved the drugged out dog gimmick, but he made the movie worth seeing in theaters.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#577546 Dec 23, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
I like him, but am I the only one who thinks Iron man is so up himself?
Tony Stark is the rich kid spoiled brat type.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#577547 Dec 23, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Are those three separate dates or a marathon?
I can think of something that will straighten your hair.
:)
lol, I think the marathon would be more fun, u up for it?

u mind sharing what that is, with me? I need it, NOW!:-)

Location hidden

#577548 Dec 23, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Tony Stark is the rich kid spoiled brat type.
Yh, I know, I feel like giving him a slap and then kissin' it better, that's just coz i'm nice!

Location hidden

#577549 Dec 23, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't like the Expendables very much. If I compare that to The A Team or The Losers, it was lacking a lot.
Say hello to the Sandman for me.:)
In simple words; IT WAS SHIT!:-)

I think he's busy, he's takin' his time as usual.

@Kitten...u fancy him, u do, I can tell!

@Karl44....lol

Location hidden

#577550 Dec 23, 2012
Clementia wrote:
lol, I think the marathon would be more fun, u up for it?
u mind sharing what that is, with me? I need it, NOW!:-)
Marathons are my specialty.

I don't know if my ideas will work.

Do you mind experimenting?

Location hidden

#577551 Dec 23, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Marathons are my specialty.
I don't know if my ideas will work.
Do you mind experimenting?
Not at all, it's worth a shot!

Location hidden

#577552 Dec 23, 2012
Clementia wrote:
You'll need to rest first.

It might take days and days.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#577553 Dec 23, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't let him fool you ,
it will be all over with inside of 10 minutes.

heheheh

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#577554 Dec 23, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently using logic isn't helping either.
Maybe this'll stop you from defending Iraq & Hussein as being innocent victims fighting the tyranny of American attacks......
5 of husseins crimes:
Reprisal Against Dujail
Anfal Campaign
Chemical Weapons Against Kurds
Invasion of Kuwait
Shiite Uprising & the Marsh Arabs
http://history1900s.about.com/od/saddamhussei...
I can't believe you don't already know this.
There's plenty more, just google Hussein crime & you'll see.
Continued from last post.

4) Inexcusable. But you missed the context. Are you starting to see a pattern here? Saddam was emboldened by the support he had been receiving from the US all throughout the 80's. He had been a useful pawn up until this point, and he had no reason to think that would change. Indeed, the US ambassador at the time told him that the US did not intend "to start an economic war against Iraq". He went ahead and invaded, no doubt spurred on by recent comments by US officials and comforted by the fact that up until that point, we had turned a blind eye to his crimes and sometimes even offered support. After the invasion, the UN condemned saddam's actions, and it became apparent to US leadership that our pawn was becoming more trouble than he was worth. So we sent a token coalition to the middle east - not the dispose of saddam, mind you, but to liberate kuwait.

5) Again, inexcusable. Do I need to remind you that you missed the context? We more or less encouraged the rebellion - part of our response to the invasion of kuwait, and then once things got going, we sat out on the sidelines and let them get slaughtered, while our top officials played damage control. We went to great lengths to reassure our favorite despot that "it was not an objective of the coalition or the United States to overthrow Saddam Hussein," and that they didn't "think that outside powers should be interfering in the internal affairs of Iraq."

Obviously, I don't have the space to offer you the most detailed accounts, but I hope that you are getting the picture. Saddam was a horrible person, a ruthless dictator that deserved what he got - but the major piece of the puzzle you are missing is that he was more or less our creation. He was a useful pawn - a proxy through whom we could accomplish our own ends in the middle east without getting our hands dirty. When he had exhausted his use, the US propaganda machine went into overdrive - framing the situation as if we were invading solely to take down this terrible dictator and free his people. I ask you, if we truly went over there to "free" the iraqi people from his tyrannical rule, where were we all throughout the 80's and 90's? Why did we turn a blind eye to his crimes, and sometimes (as in the case of the iran/iraq war) offer complete support that cost us billions of dollars? Why was he allowed to operate freely for so long with our support, and why did he suddenly become a great evil that we just had to overthrow? RR, come on man, the answer to these questions is staring you in the face, you just don't want to admit that maybe we aren't the globetrotting white knights you want us to be.

Location hidden

#577555 Dec 23, 2012
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly. And I don't think that it is an accident that that is the case.
<quoted text>
Agreed. The official investigation appeared to be whitewash. That doesn't mean that an conspiracy transpired. But I would have liked an investigation to have found smoking gun evidence supporting the official version. As it is, we have only the word of the fine people in the Bush administration and the 911 Commission as to what happened. That is, the government cleared the government of wrongdoing. From Wiki on the members of the 911 Commission:
"Max Cleland - Democrat, former U.S. Senator from Georgia. Resigned December 2003, stating that "the White House has played cover-up"
If an insider conspiracy occurred, they got away with it, because the whole topic is now and for the rest of our lives strictly off limits. How convenient. I've signed off the issue. It was one of the dividends of bowing out of American life.
Agreed. I don't think that asking for a completely impartial (if that's even possible), thorough, and transparent investigation is an unreasonable thing to do. The problem is that nowadays even suggesting that we need a better investigation than the one we got is considered tantamount to treason and indicative of mental illness - a result of that attitude we are talking about. So you're right, it's pretty much over. I don't know if there was a conspiracy, but if there was one, no one is ever gonna know. Too bad, I wouldn't mind having some of my faith resorted in my government.

Location hidden

#577556 Dec 23, 2012
<quoted text>
I guess I'm just not a very good 'Merkin
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/merkin
How many different ways did America tell me I was unamerican before I finally accepted the verdict? It began with the Pledge of Allegiance and the national motto on the money. They said that Americans trust in god, and that they are under god. I guess that I wasn't an American, since I was neither of those.
Then in the Vietnam era, it was America: love it or leave it. They meant just go along with Nixon, and I didn't.
Then George Bush Sr. told us that atheists shouldn't be considered patriots or citizens. Damn. Maybe I was born in the worng country.
The same happened with the Iraq war protests. I was called an America hater and traitor by right half the nation.
Sarah Palin also told me I wasn't a real American because I wasn't from the heartland.
<quoted text>
No, I hadn't heard about that. I'll be that put a chill on additional discussion.
Yeah. I'm thinking that if things continue in the same direction, I'll be hitting the road as well. I'm happy that you had the "balls," for lack of a better word, to back up your convictions with action, and once I have the means to do so I will probably follow suit. The discrimination that atheists live with is disgusting, but honestly, I could probably live with it if it weren't for all of the other problems I have with the direction this country has been headed for a while now. I don't think I can be a part of society that prizes empire building, jingoism, hardcore nationalism, discrimination, and theocratic ideals, among other issues.

Location hidden

#577557 Dec 23, 2012
<quoted text>
No, I hadn't heard about that. I'll be that put a chill on additional discussion.
Definitely. I think that's the point.

Location hidden

#577558 Dec 23, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Loki had a special weapon in the Avengers, and help from an alien war mongering race.
The Avengers is one of my favorite Marvel movies. The writer/director of it is my favorite writer/director of all time. He made it funnier than other Marvel movies. It was also an ambitious movie to make.
I've been meaning to see the avengers. Is it really as good as they say? I do love joss whedon, so I'm sure it will be good.

Location hidden

#577559 Dec 23, 2012
JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Possession is a fact.
The yoga has given me direct access to the play of the supraphysical forces though I am now on the sidelines after being nearly killed on a few occasions - attacks on me via the adverse vital beings and other such things.
I have too much direct proof of this ugly phenomenon called demonic possession.
I don't wish to elaborate or talk about it.
No more on this subject.
Thank you.
Lol.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#577560 Dec 23, 2012
LMAO.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 min Dees Nhutz 286,580
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 5 min Exvothery 31,166
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 13 min KENTUCKY CATHOLIC 687,322
Florida Residents Warned They'll Be Ticketed Fo... 6 hr may i suggest 2
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 7 hr lightbeamrider 4,316
Investigations of DCF in CT (Dec '08) 9 hr Always aware 91
Are Quadroons and Griffes Considered Mulatto? (Aug '10) 13 hr Dona 33
More from around the web