“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#575143 Dec 18, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
What are we not empathizing with?
Non-Christians, and our interests, complaints and preferences. Do you deny it?

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

#575144 Dec 18, 2012
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Any society. Once again...morality comes from the people and not from the society that the people created. Societies change quickly. Have you seen Egypt or Syria lately?
If it was easy, it wouldn't be fun.
People's morality change as they mature as well. Once again, people make up society. So, society it's culture, and it's morality changes as the people change.

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#575145 Dec 18, 2012
It aint necessarily so wrote:
The whole bible is a parable.
Have you heard the parable of the parachute?

http://super-hampster.blogspot.com/2007/04/pa...

It's dumb too.

Fennario

#575146 Dec 18, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
I told you the same thing Sarah did, that I don't go to church. You seem to ignore that & keep ranting on about some mysterious problem with "the church".....
Do you only know one meaning of the word church? See if you can find one from this list that might be the meaning that I have in mind:

Church
1 : a building for public and especially Christian worship
2 : the clergy or officialdom of a religious body
3 often capitalized : a body or organization of religious believers: as
a : the whole body of Christians
b : denomination <the Presbyterian church>
c : congregation
4 : a public divine worship <goes to church every Sunday>
5 : the clerical profession <considered the church as a possible career>

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#575147 Dec 18, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I was gonna guess Virgin Islands.
I bet they don't have crabs there.
Cambodia.

They have crabs there ;)

Fennario

#575148 Dec 18, 2012
Susie D wrote:
<quoted text>Actually I did not evade the question, it is an old one. Been there done that...
You evaded the question. I don't care why.
Susie D wrote:
You want us to care what you think or want when you could care less about what we think or want.
No, I don't expect you to care about anybody but the Christian church. And as a result of that understanding, I am indifferent to the wishes of Christians as Christians.
Susie D wrote:
If you actually wanted an honest interaction, then you went about it the wrong way. I can and am willing to engage in peaceful discussion about God
Thank you, but that is of no interest to me.I am interested in your church, and disempowering it in American daily life.
Susie D wrote:
We can start over if you wish and we can be a “team” and share, but that street goes both ways.
Start over? At what? I express my opinions about your church, you take it personally, and fire at me personally. How is that going to change? I don't intend to soften my criticism of Christianity, and I doubt that you can read such a thing without personal attacks.

As for being a team player and sharing, I wasn't referring to you personally. I'm referring to the church and its opinion and treatment of unbelievers. It will NEVER change its relationship or treatment of us until we dominate it and force it to. Do you deny that?

Do you know what your bible teaches as many people as it can about atheists? It's disgusting.

And do you know what the consequences of that atheophobic hate speech have been?

It's at that level that I refer when I talk your church being unwilling to share or play nice.

I'm not asking for your church to relent,or start becoming a good neighbor. I understand that that is out of the question, and that such a thing will never happen until we can force it to do so.

I'm merely pointing out what the church does and what needs to be done about it.

Location hidden

#575149 Dec 18, 2012
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>People's morality change as they mature as well. Once again, people make up society. So, society it's culture, and it's morality changes as the people change.
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>People's morality change as they mature as well.
What do you consider mature?

“Hello Winter”

Since: Oct 12

Karachi,Pakistan

#575150 Dec 19, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
So, someone says it's so, therefore it's so? That means leprechauns are real, unicorns are real, pegasus are real, cherubs are real .....
No,only god exists.

Fennario

#575151 Dec 19, 2012
Your religion alienates you from your world and your own body, which most Christians scoffingly refer to as "the world" and "the flesh."
[1] "ye are not of the world" - John 15:19
[2] "This is especially true of those who follow the corrupt desire of the flesh and despise authority." - 2 Peter 2:10
RiversideRedneck wrote:
You think you can take any two scriptures and assemble them together as if they are meant to be one meaning?
No. Why do you ask? Is that what you think I did? Notice the word "and." It's a conjunction, and means that there are two ideas being considered simultaneously in the service of one theme.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
No wonder why you turned your back on God, you never understood the Bible so you never understood it's meaning and therefore never found God.
The bible is pretty simple and easy to read. And you are correct that I never found your god. Why wouldn't I leave the church?

“Hello Winter”

Karachi,Pakistan

#575152 Dec 19, 2012
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Hey River Tam how are you?Enjoying China.

Fennario

#575153 Dec 19, 2012
Susie D wrote:
<quoted text>You have faith just as I do, maybe not in the same things I have faith in, but you still have faith and that was my point.
I don't have faith like you do. You have religious faith. You choose what you want to believe, pretend that it's a fact, and then ignore evidence to the contrary.

I have secular belief based on experience, commensurate with the quantity and quality of evidence supporting the belief, and amenable to revision pending new evidence.

What two ways of thinking could be more radically different? You do murderous harm to reason when you conflate them.

Location hidden

#575154 Dec 19, 2012
shahid afridi wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey River Tam how are you?Enjoying China.
Hi. I'm OK. I enjoyed China when I was there too.

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

#575155 Dec 19, 2012
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
pubic hair

Fennario

#575156 Dec 19, 2012
Laconic Assassins wrote:
You atheists still abort/kill children in mass quantities.
Most abortions are had by Christians.

“Hello Winter”

Karachi,Pakistan

#575157 Dec 19, 2012
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi. I'm OK. I enjoyed China when I was there too.
Then where you are now,when i talked to you,one month before you were there.

Location hidden

#575158 Dec 19, 2012
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>pubic hair
So you're not Laconic Asshat? Silent Assclown? Oscar Wildes One?

Cool

I'm not opposed to it.

Fennario

#575159 Dec 19, 2012
Susie D wrote:
You have to know what Jesus means when he says “the world” he means sin and not the word per say.
I know what the words mean. "World" doesn't mean "sin." It refers to physical reality - you know, this worthless rock that we live that your god intends to destroy, according to prophecy. It's much harder to experience a spiritual connection to the world given such an understanding of it.
Susie D wrote:
The desires of the flesh are not being connected as humans either. It means we have a spiritual nature and an earthly one. One part which desires peace and connection or the desire to do what is good and right, and one that wants what it wants no matter what, even if it is wrong and that is the flesh.
You see, a nice interaction. It can be done
That's very pretty, but that's not the message from the pulpit.

Your individual interpretations and experiences do not contradict the assertion that Christian doctrine tends to suck the spiritual aspect out of life, substitutes a tepid alternate reality filled with spirits as the object of our gratitude and awe, and tells you that you are spiritual for believing it.

Fennario

#575160 Dec 19, 2012
We care very much about what they do, and aim to modify it. For example, many or most unbelievers want them to stop using the currency as a religious tract, and use it to pay taxes on their churches instead.
Susie D wrote:
Maybe you could ask for a compromise.
I just want proper oversight of the church's books by the IRS, and I want the churches helping to pay to provide the services that they also consume.
Susie D wrote:
You see I pay taxes just the same as you do. I have a right to decide just as you where my money goes.
I wasn't discussing your taxes. I'm interested in that 71 billion a year that the churches aren't paying.
Susie D wrote:
If 90% of America believes in God in one form or another, then cut taxes going to churches or religious organizations by 10% which represents your majority.
That's not how it works. For starters, taxes don't go to churches.

And so what how many people believe in a god? That's not a reason for churches to get tax breaks. If they want roads leading to the church, and fire protection services, let them pay for it along with the rest of us.
Susie D wrote:
In the same aspect of paying for abortions out of tax dollars; should I have a say just the same for something I do not agree with?
Abortion clinics should also pay their fair share of taxes. What you're discussing - government spending - is a different topic.
Susie D wrote:
If you completely take tax revenue from Churches then you offed religious groups so the answer is not easy.
Offend religious groups? Sorry. Everybody's so delicate these days. I think they'll recover from the offense.

Fennario

#575161 Dec 19, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
You just bukakied your abortion-on-demand stance into the ground.
What a beautiful soul you are - such a spring flower.

Location hidden

#575162 Dec 19, 2012
<quoted text>
What a beautiful soul you are - such a spring flower.
She is a man. I doubted it before but I don't now. I had to look up bukakies.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min Regina 568,047
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 7 min Just Think 120,712
Scientific proof for God's existence 27 min PELE78 559
My video 29 min AyoubTab 1
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 32 min RiccardoFire 267,408
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 52 min lil whispers 607,191
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr waaasssuuup 442,015
More from around the web