Prove there's a god.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#574894 Dec 18, 2012
BadBreathBruce wrote:
<quoted text> Point taken, but I think maybe you should have an NDE of your own, then maybe you would see things differently.
There are millions of people who have died and at the last instant before death became irreversible, were revived and never had the "NDE".

So I dunno how that could be an indicator of too much, when there is a small minority of people who say they've had one, compared to the majority that didn't experience the "NDE".

Death observes no prejudice as far as station in life, "good or bad", rich or poor, young or old, religious or nonreligious etc...

From everything I've read, the most common thread in the "NDE" is Cardiac failure and the resulting death/resuscitation.

For myself, that makes me think that it could have to do with a state produced within Cardiac failure, or the cocktail of drugs that are administered during those times, or a combination of all of those factors.
BadBreathBruce

Christchurch, New Zealand

#574895 Dec 18, 2012
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Not according to a British treatment of the subject I saw a few years back. You can see that there were over a dozen people there: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =L2Wx230gYJwXX
[Transcript: "Some things in life are bad. They can really make you mad. Other things just make you swear and curse. When you're chewing on life's gristle, don't grumble - give a whistle, and this'll help things turn out for the best. And always look on the bright side of life."]
Ha!!Ha!! Your transcript made me LOL!! Have a good day!!
christianity is EVIL

Dartmouth, Canada

#574896 Dec 18, 2012
Flagler Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
The facts are clear. The tragedy last week in Connecticut pretty much solidified America's awareness of what YOUR hate cult of atheism can do to a society.
It's you, and everyone that thinks and acts like you, that are sick in the head.
your LYING and PROJECTING again,Portapottymouth!

kristains do that a LOT!

“I love Jesus”

Since: Dec 08

Heaven, but Earthbound for now

#574897 Dec 18, 2012
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Susie, I approached you on a reasonable basis and you responded to that post on a reasonable basis, and I hope that we can keep it that way. I also attempted back a couple or so years ago to have the same basis with others here, and those who I still am at loggerheads with refused to do that.
I then fell into their mode of posting, which is attack an attack with another attack, although I like to think my attacks have a bit more thought behind them, than some of theirs do.:)
I am, however, noting that you, in your replies to that person, and his/her name always escapes me when I go to refer to him/her, and others, are starting to fall into the same trap as I just mentioned that I fell into.
I hate these personal mud slinging matches, which go nowhere, usually have no facts in them, and just make everyone more difficult to communicate with, but I also enjoy a good fight, so I play it both ways, especially, if you notice, that I pick the fights that I can't be wrong about, such as UIF actually being Yellodog, and Pattiecake. I am not arguing that one just for fun, I argue it because I am telling the absolute truth, and I would swear to that with a hair trigger gun pointed right at my face.
This poster is so well known here, that she cannot fabricate another character and get away with it, just because she doesn't even see when she makes her own blunders, which seal her ID.
She is so wrapped up in being 'right with God' that she doesn't have a clue what she is doing, basically. She doesn't even know what being right with God really means, because all of her posts betray her in that department.
It is all in the presentation. I used to come here a few years ago and I know the nick yellowdog; whe was a Christian and the Patty I remember was an agnostic or atheist; both were vile. It does go both ways and I am sure you will agree with that.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#574898 Dec 18, 2012
http://www.topix.com/forum/top stories/TOCO8TEGNA8I5JT63/post 574528
<quoted text>
Thanks
<quoted text>
We care very much about what they do, and aim to modify it. For example, many or most unbelievers want them to stop using the currency as a religious tract, and use it to pay taxes on their churches instead.
When asked why I argue about something I don't believe exists, I point out that the religion, its bible, and its church certainly do exist.
Personally, I am not as interested in arguing or fighting against religion, because, I know from the figures that it is rapidly dying out anyway, and why not just let it go naturally rather than make it an adversarial thing.

However, I do support opposing any religious group or sect that is promoting evil, or promoting against human rights laws, such as opposition to SSM, which very few church going people actually do oppose, even though the people here would want us to think they do.

I agree in principle that religious groups shouldn't have tax exemptions, yet I know if they didn't have them they would collapse very quickly and I am not sure that is the best way to get rid of them.

Believers exemplified by many here are a real evil in the world, but I don't think the majority of believers are represented by the fanaticals here. These people mainly represent the slimy underbelly of belief, not the true caring people who make up some of many congregations.

Believers in general base their beliefs on nothing, but they are not themselves bad people. The more vocal people here, who claim to be believers (and I doubt some of the really are), are not good people.

“I love Jesus”

Since: Dec 08

Heaven, but Earthbound for now

#574899 Dec 18, 2012
<quoted text>
That's understood. You don't mind if I comment on what your silence implies to me, do you?
<quoted text>
No, I'm not seeking "knowledge or understanding" from you, although if you have any to share, I'll be grateful to receive it.
<quoted text>
I almost always give a suitable rebuttal when I have one. And feel free to use my post as your bait, whatever that means.
You are free to comment as you please, but my silence can mean many things. If I don't know the answer I will simply say. I don't know; silence does not mean I don't know. If you are not seeking my knoweledge or my understanding, then why are you asking? If you are trying to get me to see a differnt veiw by trying to get me to see something you see and I do not, then the interchange is pointless. I have faith and reason for my faith and it can't be shaken no matter how many things you want me to see. There is two sides to every coin and I am found of my side just as you are yours

Location hidden

#574900 Dec 18, 2012
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
I know its a day late. But Happy Birthday Boooots!
Thanks, Al, and your missing the actual day was duly noticed. Did you noticed that 22 year old cute lady from the UK did acknowledge it on the actual day. Sadly I am almost exactly 3 times her age.

I won't reply if I can help it to the likes of that Just Results character, who posted above on this page, something about me growing up, but at this age I don't want to do any more growing up. In fact if I could slow down the growing process it would be a benefit.

Yes, I want to continue growing in knowledge, but not the way that character implied it.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#574901 Dec 18, 2012
JOEL wrote:
RESSURECTION:
This is a mystical or yogic feat that cannot be explained using trite physical mechanisms involving molecular pulls and pushes -
There are few ways to comprehend this phenomenon called resurrection:
1) OBE followed by re-entry into the cataleptic body.
2) Departure of the physico-vital force that animates the body and its being drawn back into the dead body which then revives.
These phenomena have to be experienced rather than talked about and i repeat they cannot be explained or comprehended using gross material laws.
Everything about life in the body and death revolves around the physico-vital force which is not physical in nature but is a power of the subtler ranges of consciousness-energy. Vital, Mind, Overmind and other ranges stand high above the physico-vital. The physico-vital is formed when the lowest sub-planes of the Vital proper infuses matter.
i have personally witnessed two ressurections of two clinically dead persons performed by a certain person with yogic power.
At one time in my own yoga, the higher consciousness-force had descended to quite a large extent in me that whatever i touched or glanced at became more animated and even withered leaves on tree branches revived.
Resurrection is a vital power.
Ah.

Magic.

Gottit.

Erm, "physico-vital force"?
BadBreathBruce

Christchurch, New Zealand

#574902 Dec 18, 2012
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
There are millions of people who have died and at the last instant before death became irreversible, were revived and never had the "NDE".
So I dunno how that could be an indicator of too much, when there is a small minority of people who say they've had one, compared to the majority that didn't experience the "NDE".
Death observes no prejudice as far as station in life, "good or bad", rich or poor, young or old, religious or nonreligious etc...
From everything I've read, the most common thread in the "NDE" is Cardiac failure and the resulting death/resuscitation.
For myself, that makes me think that it could have to do with a state produced within Cardiac failure, or the cocktail of drugs that are administered during those times, or a combination of all of those factors.
But, if there is NO heaven and NO hell, then WHY do they have a Near Death Experience AT ALL?? You are right in that you say that as far as Death itself goes, it IS the great equalizer. I guess it's just like God in that respect - it has no respect of persons. Rich/poor, young/old, black/white, male/female/hermaphrodite, straight/gay/bisexual, or Christian/other religion. We all end up in a wooden box six feet under the ground, BUT, it's what happens AFTER that is what really counts (well, according to Christians like myself, anyway).

Location hidden

#574903 Dec 18, 2012
Susie D wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe you could ask for a compromise. You see I pay taxes just the same as you do. I have a right to decide just as you where my money goes. If 90% of America believes in God in one form or another, then cut taxes going to churches or religious organizations by 10% which represents your majority. I am being honest as I can and not trying to be snide on this because I do agree. In the same aspect of paying for abortions out of tax dollars; should I have a say just the same for something I do not agree with? We all should have a voice by all means, but not every voice can be heard. If you completely take tax revenue from Churches then you offed religious groups so the answer is not easy.
Susie, that point could have some merit, if you had the figures right, but the people who actively attend Christian churches in the USA is thought to be about 20% or less of the population, not the 80% or so that claim to be Christians on polls or forms they fill in. That is still way higher than the 5% or so of many European, formerly Christian countries.

And yes, there are some people who never darken the door of a church who will still donate, often a lot, of money, to support the operation of the church, because they want to see, at least the building, which is usually what church fund raisers usually collect the most money for (the building), continue to exist in their communities, and some want the recognition of getting publicity as a big giver.

I had the misfortune in one church that I attended for several years, and was an elder in, that the minister there had been in the habit of periodically posting in the Sunday church bulletin, the actual givings of each member, who had identifiable givings, as in numbered, or named, collection envelopes, or cheques, with the amount and the name posted. That horrified me. We did have figures posted in my original church showing a ranking, so if you gave $2000 and another person or family gave $200 to date for the year then you could look on the list and see where $2000 appeared on the list of givings, with no names attached, That did help to guide people as to whether they were pulling their share, but to post actual names and amounts, I thought, when I was serious about those things, was completely opposed to everything the church stood for.

I think after I made an issue about it, they changed the practice and left the names off in the future, though they may still have had something like an envelope number posted, which would not necessarily make one anonymous but would certainly cut down on the possibility of being humiliated while still sitting in the congregation that your name appeared at the very bottom, with only $20 total donated for the year while others had donated in the hundreds or thousands of dollars.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#574904 Dec 18, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
So we either have your interpretation of a myth
Or we have magic
How do you know what a monkey can understand? It is estimated that within 10,000 years several animals will have reached the tool stage of evolution, some are there now.
Only if the doorknob were infinite, I am not the one making a claim for an infinite doorknob, you are
ActuallyI I am told that I am quite bright which is no doubt why I have you running in circles but you are too stupid to realise that.
Why are to so stupid? Is it genetic or deliberate?
Sheeeeet....

Is bet that you can't even operate a door knob properly.

I'd bet my money on the monkey!

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#574905 Dec 18, 2012
<quoted text>
You don't know my point of view, even though I spelled it out clearly and explicitly. You thought that I was discussing self-discipline.
You were discussing discipline. You didn't specify that you were only discussing self-discipline until now.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#574906 Dec 18, 2012
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
I think most NDE stories are subconsciously fabricated memories that gradually form after a person wakes up and realizes they nearly died. These may be based on chaotic sensory information that was accumulated around the time of the near death state.

Suddenly waking up and realizing that you almost died gives your subconscious several motivations to create a memory. One is just to fill the gap out of a sense of needing to know what happened to you. Another is to glorify this important event and make it memorable to you. Another is the desire to feel special or connected to something special. Another is the desire to be the center of attention. For a religious person, a whole new set of motivations may exist.

Some NDE stories may be complete conscious fabrications, that either become indistinguishable from a memory some time later, or remain as lies that people either maintain or admit to.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#574907 Dec 18, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Either will do, why do you insist on separating the
the basic and proven fact that no god exists
with my belief that no gods exist
E=MC^2 proves it, the lack of evidence proves it, scientific knowledge of actually how the universe works proves it and I still hold the belief that no gods exist
What are you having difficulty with that? It is something to do with deliberate ignorance or is it just redkneck stupidity?
Hey butt breath I am not the one blaming my latest “whatever” pad keyboard for my spelling errors, at least I have a recognised and medically diagnosed excuse, unlike you
You must live in a very shut-in world.

IF you had actual proof that an omnipotent God didn't exist, you'd be the most famous person in history.

You're not, so you must not have proof. Just a delusion.

“I see quantum effects”

Location hidden

#574908 Dec 18, 2012
BadBreathBruce wrote:
<quoted text> Well, hello, wakey wakey!! The 'infinitely larger problem' is actually........God. HE is the origin of life, mind, and intelligence. Why is it so hard to accept that?? Pride??
Because your god is infinitely more complex than ANY other explanation.

“I see quantum effects”

Location hidden

#574910 Dec 18, 2012
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks, Al, and your missing the actual day was duly noticed. Did you noticed that 22 year old cute lady from the UK did acknowledge it on the actual day. Sadly I am almost exactly 3 times her age.
I won't reply if I can help it to the likes of that Just Results character, who posted above on this page, something about me growing up, but at this age I don't want to do any more growing up. In fact if I could slow down the growing process it would be a benefit.
Yes, I want to continue growing in knowledge, but not the way that character implied it.
Macrobiotic diet, vitamins and exercise.

Get thee to a gym.

It's never too late.

Location hidden

#574911 Dec 18, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
Yay! I finally got my first meanie icon!
I feel invincible!
xD
I don't recall ever seeing one on any of my posts.

Little help?
PSYCHIATRY - NEW RELIGION

Berwick, PA

#574912 Dec 18, 2012
I like anything weird and different. Perhaps I would even like God, being that God is outside of nature. But no, in a way, I just don't want God to exist. What sort of nonsense is this? I can't base anything on faith. I have to live NOW or else I'll be missing out. I like the life I'm living in, since it's the only thing I know. Believing in God doesn't give me any hope. It just takes away from my living experience, making it dull and bland. I mean, God imposes thought restrictions. I can't even think! It's like, WHY would I follow ANYONE who does that? I'm worried about the govt here on Earth doing that, so why would I accept some God? It only makes it easier for the govt to control the masses, also. A status quo reinforcer. Slaves, obey your masters! Other species are to be dominated by humans! Women, be submissive! Respect your elders, regardless of whether or not they are worth respecting! Left-handedness is wrong! Gays go to hell! And many things which are MUCH MUCH worse! Your "morals" drive me CRAZY! Morals differ by culture and it's ALL about conformity! Quit trying to stifle me! I am ALIVE and self-determined! I have an EGO and I'm not afraid to use it! Psychiatry is FUCKING stupid too! It's the new Religion. Psych meds are CHEMICAL LOBOTOMIES. If there is a God, I want to like God. I want to like God and I don't want God sending folks to hell for ALL ETERNITY. But I can't like God because either way, God is cruel. Should I like a cruel God? If God is cruel, I ought to just live my life. Is Heaven like a cartoon? Will everyone be able to do what they want THEN? Maybe Heaven is just the "in-crowd" and there are no homosexuals and there is no diversity and so, yes, everyone can do what they want because only the ones who are THAT boring are allowed in anyway, so they wouldn't even want to do anything NOT boring. Anyway, I like the concept of "do what you want, as long as nobody is being harmed." But is that also ridiculous? What if someone is harmed because they WANT to be violent but they can't? What is violence? What is justice? It is corrupt and always will be, just like the murderer, and just like God the ultimate murderer. All I know is that, were there no death, a lot of issues could easily be reconciled. In a way, I wish we could live like in the past, before any established mores, and yet, damnit, both ways suck. It would be nice if we could admit that everything is a lie, and start from there. Language is a huge lie. Liars go to hell? Every time you use language, you are lying. You are a liar.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#574913 Dec 18, 2012
Gays will not be answering to your church much longer.
I don't attend a church..........

Damn!

Besides, the only gays that answer to a church are the ones that attend a church.
I don't care if homosexuality is in the DNA, a result of an influence in the womb, or the result of a factor in the home environment or elsewhere. The correct answer the next time somebody asks a gay person to account for his or her sexuality should be, "It's none of your business. Shouldn't you be in church?"
Even if that question is asked at noon on a Tuesday? I should be in church?

lol
Failing that, consider using Susie's nonsense warning: "If you continue to be mean to me, then I am not so nice back."
I'm shaking in my lil booties.....

You're an ass. Why should I be nice to you?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#574914 Dec 18, 2012
<quoted text>
I didn't get screwed over by my church. I saw that its god wasn't real and that its promises were no good.
When I say "the church" I mean the abstract institution that administers and embodies Christianity. That includes an ideology, mythology, a holy book, a dogma, a tradition, a set of memes and rituals, a culture, a history and more. It also includes concrete material objects such as buildings, clergy and congregants, as well as a lot of influence, and a lot of money.
So you HAVE clumped them all together. Great.

Otherwise you'd know that different churches have different "ideology, mythology, a holy book, a dogma, a tradition, a set of memes and rituals, a culture, a history and more".........

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 54 min Seentheotherside 687,387
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 1 hr Worth Repeating 31,361
Florida Residents Warned They'll Be Ticketed Fo... 2 hr Black Flag 4
skype usernames for dirty skyping;) and usernam... (Aug '14) 2 hr Will lowe 10
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 2 hr Seentheotherside 6,491
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 hr Lol U suck big D 286,597
Does a cell Phone still ring if a battery has g... (Oct '07) 5 hr Unicorn2331 35
More from around the web