Prove there's a god.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#574791 Dec 18, 2012
Disorder is jumbled information.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#574792 Dec 18, 2012
Order and disorder are reversible conditions....
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#574793 Dec 18, 2012
Insanity is due to jumbled synaptic connections.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#574794 Dec 18, 2012
Yuj in Sanskrit is Yoga or the urge to Yoke the Manifest with the Unmanifest.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#574795 Dec 18, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Erm, no it's not. It's about marketing, and has been for almost a century. Of course if your god did exist, it probably would be about such.
I agree 100% with that. Though churches and devoutly religious people "attempt" to keep Christ in Christmas, likely through some feeling of guilt that they are 'buying' into the secular celebration of it, it is very much a non religious and totally a marketing strategy, and though I hate antisemitism, we must consider that many of the huge retail stores are owned, or were owned, by wealthy Jewish families, which would not even approve of celebrating Christ's birth, but certainly approved of keeping their businesses in the black, and therefore capitalize on the fact that we weak human beings get very caught up in the 'spirit' of Christmas that we will spend money that any other time of the year would be completely foolish to do.

I am not faulting the people who have these businesses for that because that is how they stay in business.

Though I have no particular reason to not participate in Christmas, I have not yet purchased a single gift, other than sending my annual few dollars to my grandchildren, which I have been in the custom of doing, so that they or their parents can purchase something they would like as a gift. I also have not sent out any Christmas, or Holiday, or whatever one wants to call them, cards, and that is mainly because I am lazy and don't like having to mail things.

We will be spending the day with a long time friend of my wife, in Toronto, and eating, etc. with her and her family/friends, though, aside from one of them may say a grace before we eat, though I doubt they are religious, there will be no reference in the day made to anything to do with the biblical side of the event.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#574797 Dec 18, 2012
INFINITY - INFINITY = INFINITY

The Mundaka Upanishad says:

"OM - That Supreme Consciousness is infinite, and this conditioned Consciousness is infinite. The infinite proceeds from infinite. Then through Yoga, realizing the infinitude of the infinite, it remains as infinite alone."

WOW!!!!
Huh

Arlington, TX

#574798 Dec 18, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol, you atheists have a fallacy for everything...
I call it your scapegoat fallacy.
It was your fallacy. This is a nice concession speech you give. Your dishonesty is a direct result of believing in your immoral dogma. You know you were equivocating. Fail.

Location hidden

#574799 Dec 18, 2012
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text> Welcome to the forum. You seem to be new. Let me give you a brief initial tutorial. These mentally deranged animals (mislabeled as atheists) are not so much unbelievers but are believers who have rejected the Truth. You can ascertain this by recognizing vitriolic hatred they share within their cult about Christians.
They know for a fact that God exists but want to waste their time and lives spewing bitterness and hatred.
See for yourself the spineless comments made by these demon strapped and driven monsters.
It's truly sickening.
Countered only by a hatred many times as vitriolic exhibited by those who falsely claim to be believers, yet most of their posts do not follow any of the teachings of their religion. You being one of the worst abusers on this site. No I didn't say you are the worst; just one of them.

All in all, if all posts here were to be analyzed and then factored in the beliefs that each poster has, the 'believers' on this site are many times as vicious and hateful towards other people as the non-believers, with a few exceptions, such as Al and PLH.

As a former believer, and one who still lives amongst mainly believers, and, of course, do not indicate to them that I do not agree with their beliefs, I have been 'sickened' by the behavior of the most aggressive of the fundamentalist 'Christians' on this site.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#574801 Dec 18, 2012
GIST OF REINCARNATION:

The recycling (in a progressive or regressive manner) of the disembodied individualized and imperishable consciousness-energy content that retains in its fold imprints of karma and degree of evolution.

Bye, have to go.

“When you treat people as they ”

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#574802 Dec 18, 2012
sallyjaq wrote:
the question can you prove there is no god
<quoted text>
Yes - E-MC^2

#574803 Dec 18, 2012
oops E=MC^2

#574808 Dec 18, 2012
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
See the futility and rage in this comment??? It's almost as if on cue.
What are you vomiting about, you think calling people a child murder is funny? What a load of hateful bollcoks that is extruded from your sh|t for brains christian mouth

FYI, the last time I got angry was when CHRISTIANS attempted to KILL my children, the time before that was when CHRISTIANS exploded a car bomb in Manchester, I was slightly injured, my aunt lost her arm. Do you see a pattern starting to form here?

#574809 Dec 18, 2012
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
Beach is right, and you are totally wrong.
The hypocrisy is your belly-aching about something you consider a myth. You apparently don't have enough faith in your atheism to enjoy it, and I can see why.
Wrong - but what can we expect from the ignorance of a hatful apologist for child murder

Hey butt breath you were the one making the accusations based of fookall but you belief that you god thinks in exactly the same way as you do. Have you consulted a psychiatrist about that?

P,S. The guy was a christian, live with it, you excuses don’t wash in the light of facts

“I love Jesus”

Since: Dec 08

Heaven, but Earthbound for now

#574810 Dec 18, 2012
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
For who or what? Respect has to be earned. What people get is civility until and unless they take the gutter dive into personal attacks, at which time my posting turns from discussing a topic with you to also discussing what your church has made you into.
<quoted text>
Agreed.
And just because you choose not to answer doesn't mean that I can't take inference from that or comment on its likely significance. You are also free to respond to that or not.
<quoted text>
Impossible. This isn't a live, face to face encounter where my comments prevent others from expressing themselves.Carry on with whatever other discussions you are having. Ignore my comment if you like. You have no grounds for complaint.
<quoted text>
LOL. Um, yeah, it is, isn't it?
<quoted text>

For who or what? Respect has to be earned. What people get is civility until and unless they take the gutter dive into personal attacks, at which time my posting turns from discussing a topic with you to also discussing what your church has made you into.
Actually there are millions of Churches in the world so I doubt very seriously you would know anything about what my church has turned me into, especially since I said more than once I do not attend church. You have no clue about me or my beliefs or tried to see what they entail. The minute I said I was a Christian you took that gutter dive to attack; and all civility went out. You have no idea if I am conservative or liberal in my beliefs, all you know about me is that I am Christian and that became an open invitation to gutter dive for you.
<quoted text>

Agreed.

And just because you choose not to answer doesn't mean that I can't take inference from that or comment on its likely significance. You are also free to respond to that or not.
I will answer when it is worth my time and most of your questions have been answered before. You’re like a broken record asking the same thing over and over. You are not seeking knowledge or understanding, you’re looking to bait. That does not mean I don’t have a suitable rebuttable either; it simply means it is not worth discussing with someone who will use my post for their bait. I just wish you could come up with something new that I not have heard or refuted before; it is the same thing every day year after year. I leave and come back and it is repetitive so if you want to know my answer, then go through the threads and find it.
<quoted text>

Impossible. This isn't a live, face to face encounter where my comments prevent others from expressing themselves.Carry on with whatever other discussions you are having. Ignore my comment if you like. You have no grounds for complaint.

No, your comments do not prevent others from answering but they sure do get old... It is the same old thing all the time. It is like talking to a 5 year old child who wants to know what 2+2 is and every day the answer is 4 but every day it is the same question.

Besides, I can complain about anything and everything that bugs me and the beauty of this interaction is I have that right just as you do to voice my complaint. Ignore me if you like, but you cannot dictate my grounds for complaint.

Ask me something new and refreshing and I will answer to the best of my knowledge. I have faith and I love Jesus; that is not cause for attack.

Location hidden

#574811 Dec 18, 2012
Diane wrote:
<quoted text>
God can not be proven, He has to be revealed. Every knee will now before Him, those that do not believe as well as those that do. Those that do not believe will have the chance to see Him face to face as He tells them to depart from Him for He never knew them. What proof that will be for those that do not believe.
I can see that you thought that one up all by yourself, NOT. Perhaps coming into a discussion so many years after it started you are at a disadvantage, but perhaps you could have searched a few posts and found that your argument or a similar one has been tried here thousands of times, and it is still not an argument.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#574812 Dec 18, 2012
Not really. It's not as simple as that. Do you have any idea what the skeptic community's complaint about the church is? It's not that we have to go to church.
Susie D wrote:
It is that simple. You think it makes you look good to make it complex. I am a skeptic of church.. so I do not go
Not surprisingly, you evaded the question just like the Redneck. Apparently few or none of you knows or gives a crap what the rest of us think or want, do you?

You people aren't team players, are you? You're selfish. You don't share, you don't cooperate, and you don't empathize.

No problem. In my opinion, your desires deserve to be treated with exactly the same indifference when our time comes.

“I love Jesus”

#574813 Dec 18, 2012
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. the cause of homosexuality, if there is any, doesn't matter. It simply is. Why do some men prefer blondes, others brunettes? Why are some people left-handed? Why do some little boys prefer playing with dolls ??..
.. science will never be able to explain everything ..
I agree; science will never be able to explain everything; especially God above and creation. If sceince cannot answer the small stuff like what you listed above, we cannot expect the big stuff to be answered through science either.

“I love Jesus”

#574814 Dec 18, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you are a bigot, plain and simple.
That is funny.. You are a bigot and so are 95% of the posters on here. I have read ONLY one other person's post that I can honeslty say was not a bigot and that was boots!! Not picking a fight, just making an observation...

#574815 Dec 18, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Woah! Hey!
You were the one that brought up killing bacteria while pooping!
Yup, in response to your comment, live with it

You have trouble assimilating facts, that’s not my problem but a facet of you personality
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I've never HAD to buy a Christmas card. Have you?
No, I don't buy Christmas presents for anyone. Even if I did, I don't HAVE to.
You said religion is a mrketing tool, now you're saying Christmas.
Make up your mind.
OK then, let me rephrase, have you ever “chosen” to buy a Christmas card or a Christmas present? Hsave you ever been influenced on what you buy by adverts? Of course you have so don’t try and backslide in your usual smarmy christian way

There you go again making untrue statements, I have never said religion is a marketing tool, you are a liar, a liar for your god, how wonderful, another good christian.

I simply highlighted Kittens post when you went all stupid and denied that Christmas is not a marketing tool
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't read a babble, so.......
That’s not what you have said before, so I guess you are LYING again

BTW which is the biggest christian sect, it wouldn’t happen to be the roman Catholics would it?

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#574816 Dec 18, 2012
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. religion teaches people not to question authority ..
Some religions lean that way, but a surprising majority do not.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 2 min Bongo 16,324
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 11 min Michael 683,799
What Your Church Won't Tell You by Dave and Gar... (Apr '10) 1 hr real 33,212
So how exactly did O.J. Simpson pull off a doub... 5 hr common sense 19
the REAL reason for General Motors sales slumps 7 hr Disappointed US V... 7
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 7 hr Born Again Past JW 619,696
I hate Haiti (Jan '10) 14 hr BLACK LIVES DONT ... 108
More from around the web