Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#574738 Dec 18, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, please... BBC?
LMAO!
"Nabil Shaath says: "President Bush said......"
Sure, you WANT to believe BBC and you WANT to believe Shaath, so you do.
Nice.
And what is it YOU want to believe, RR?

Don't lie.

God hates liars.

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#574739 Dec 18, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Drunk again? I ask because usually you toe the line on the homosexuality issue - claiming that you are happy to leave them be - but sometimes you show your true colors and I assume that alcohol is involved.
.. the cause of homosexuality, if there is any, doesn't matter. It simply is. Why do some men prefer blondes, others brunettes? Why are some people left-handed? Why do some little boys prefer playing with dolls ??..

.. science will never be able to explain everything ..

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#574740 Dec 18, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that a common gay atheist trait? To accuse a person that's talking "badly" about gays that they MUST be drinking?
Sometimes we like to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're intoxicated rather than insane.

I know.

It's overly generous of us, but we try.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#574741 Dec 18, 2012
Laconic Assassins wrote:
<quoted text>Evasion, why not face your own evil. You gays have been at the center of almost all of the mass killings and mass child molestations.
You say why politicize it, but have no problem with blaming the 2nd Amendment. Well, the problem is centered around the group pulling the triggers and they are gays. Shall we seek therapyu and help for gays or seek to protect our children and keep them out of harm's way. When you gays were taking your own lives that was bad, but now you are taking children with you, and that is an evil which we can not allow. We can't stop it all, but at least we can see you coming before you get there.
Sorry, I'm not gay, therefore I have no interest in you in that way.

I'm for gun ownership, and have never used a tragedy of any sort to say "see it's .... fault." Matter of fact, I never play that blame game, that's all on you.

Gay people are not sick, unless people who like broccoli are as well. Or people who like liver. Or people honestly like the color beige. Or people who prefer buses to flying. Or people who like cream in their coffee *shudder*. Gay people are just different from me, why would I have any reason to hate that?

So look you pervert, stop politicizing tragedy for your lame attacks on people who have nothing to do with you, or anything.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#574742 Dec 18, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that a common gay atheist trait? To accuse a person that's talking "badly" about gays that they MUST be drinking?
No, you are a bigot, plain and simple.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#574743 Dec 18, 2012
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
"Shelter me from the powder and the finger. Cover me with the thought that pulled the trigger."
~Neil Young
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =G2-Wp7D7BVkXX
Good to see you quoting a Canadian singer. Watched his father every Saturday night on Hockey Night in Canada back in the 60's until I stopped watching hockey after entering university.

Have not really followed him as an entertainer though.

With Established Harem

#574744 Dec 18, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>*SNIPPED*He found that otherwise perfectly normal people were willing to administer potentially lethal electric shocks if only a man in a lab coat told them it was ok. It puts a lot of things in perspective - for instance maybe all the nazi's weren't "evil," they just didn't question authority; maybe when a US soldier shoots an iraqi child in the head, he's not evil, he's just following orders and making a mistake.
.. religion teaches people not to question authority ..

“When you treat people as they ”

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#574745 Dec 18, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
And what is it YOU want to believe, RR?
Don't lie.
God hates liars.
Then god hates RR

With Established Harem

#574746 Dec 18, 2012
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>Torture would be moral if society deemed it moral. You saying that it is never moral is you imposing your individual idea of "right and wrong" onto that specific culture that does approve of it.
.. if 3,000 people can be saved by torturing one, is it moral? Think water-boarding ..

Location hidden

#574747 Dec 18, 2012
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>Torture would be moral if society deemed it moral. You saying that it is never moral is you imposing your individual idea of "right and wrong" onto that specific culture that does approve of it.
Obviously any act that harms another person cannot be a moral act regardless of who sets the morals, however if a person is raised in a society that condones certain actions, and that is the only reference they have, then their moral values will be somewhat, if not totally, affected by what they learn from that society.

It would seem to me that a simple rule of thumb to assess the morality of anything is, would the action, whatever it is, be acceptable to you, if you were the receiver and not the giver.(Do unto others). Exceptions would have to be given for people who have certain disorders (for example they are masochistic and enjoy pain), in which case they might torture someone because they would enjoy being tortured, but these types are not the types that we would want to draw our morals from, as they have an illness.

Location hidden

#574748 Dec 18, 2012
retributions wrote:
no way man society defines us... the earth defines us..
our genetics define us... we can redefine it.. but the fact that we have chosen not to.
is proof that it controls us...
I think it is a vicious circle. We define society, and society being made up of individual (we's) define us. Hard to figure which comes first, the chicken or the egg.
Flagler Beach

Lincoln, AL

#574749 Dec 18, 2012
ChristineMaggotFace wrote:
<quoted text>
The guy was christian, live with it but feel free to blame atheists if you think it will earn you extra god points and get you to heaven sooner.
You make it obvious that you did not bother,(because you are seriously effected with deliberate ignorance or simply deliberately ignored on the basis that JR is christian so his hateful and hurtful rhetoric must be right), to read JRs post which was the beginning of this exchange
The killer was an atheist/anti-christians, just like the ones in Oregon, Colorado (both massacres), Virginia Tech, and now in Connecticut.

Your agenda is being recognized as we see on TV all the people praying to God , acknowledging and rebuking the evil of your Satan in this world. Why do you worship the Liar called Satan?
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#574750 Dec 18, 2012
Flagler Beach wrote:
<quoted text>

A power that has beaten up and conquered the religion of atheism.
Atheism is as valid a cult as belief in creation from nothing by an extra-cosmic god. LOL.

“O'si yo!”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#574751 Dec 18, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Baby born in the cold and outside.
Big fat guy in a red suit giving out toys.
Flying reindeer.
Myrrh as a gift.
Elves.
... and being generous only once a year is pretty insane too.
what a cynical view you have.

Christmas is about God's gift to mankind.
Hope. Love. Joy. wonder. and so much more.
Flagler Beach

Lincoln, AL

#574752 Dec 18, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you are a bigot, plain and simple.
Once again, you are projecting.

Location hidden

#574753 Dec 18, 2012
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right, homosexuality is not a mental disease. That is because it is a sin.
Homosexuality is neither a mental disease nor a sin; it is just one factor in the makeup of a person. What a person does with the fact that they are homosexuals, could be considered a diseases if they cross boundaries of legal or ethical behavior, such that they abuse others, who do not have equal ability to make their own decisions, as an adult abusing a child, or an adult raping another adult using force and violence to do so.

This would equally apply if the person was heterosexual.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#574754 Dec 18, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
You kill single celled organisms and bacteria every time you take a dump into the toilet bowl. When do you complain about that?
Pooping doesn't kill the poop loving bacteria.

They get to go on a sewage river-raft ride to poop bacteria spa, the poop reclamation plant!

Don't confuse the two. A bacteria is a life just as a fetus is a life.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#574755 Dec 18, 2012
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously any act that harms another person cannot be a moral act regardless of who sets the morals, however if a person is raised in a society that condones certain actions, and that is the only reference they have, then their moral values will be somewhat, if not totally, affected by what they learn from that society.
It would seem to me that a simple rule of thumb to assess the morality of anything is, would the action, whatever it is, be acceptable to you, if you were the receiver and not the giver.(Do unto others). Exceptions would have to be given for people who have certain disorders (for example they are masochistic and enjoy pain), in which case they might torture someone because they would enjoy being tortured, but these types are not the types that we would want to draw our morals from, as they have an illness.
That's a tautology canard, no, nothing is moral, or immoral, unless society deems it so because morality is a completely constructed concept. It's subjective, complete subjective, and constantly evolving.
Flagler Beach

Lincoln, AL

#574756 Dec 18, 2012
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
you just described a society whereby Christianity was removed and it was replaced with atheism. We live in such a horrible society now.

I blame you for your part in this. The blood of those killed last week drips from your cult and your agendas of destruction.

I've been showing folks all day today at work the posts of atheists on here, and not one person here disagrees with what I'm saying.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#574757 Dec 18, 2012
Flagler Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again, you are projecting.
Well, I can't stand people who use cream in their coffee, so I guess I am a bigot. But I'm not trying to tell people they can't put cream in their coffee because of it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min Michael 658,519
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 7 min Happy Lesbo 70,485
Who won the debate 2016 ? 12 min The Way I See it 7
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 34 min Blink 282,934
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 43 min Student 45,601
Want men to sniff my wifes dirty knickers 1 hr mar 8
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 1 hr ImFree2Choose 3,017
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 3 hr gundee123 4,953
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 4 hr Hilary 93
More from around the web