Sharkey

Reno, NV

#574243 Dec 16, 2012
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Go hang out with feces and Karl in the gay thread.
Now now now...is that what they taught you Sunday school?(smiles)
Sharkey

Reno, NV

#574244 Dec 16, 2012
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> All you have to do is google answering infidals.com murdock licona and it should come up.
<quoted text> You did reference her before. Besides if they are going to claim Christianity copied from pagan myth then they need to cite pagan sources which pre date Christianity. Then they have to show a connect. There is none on the Christian side. Like crucifixion of hindu gods. It is not there and is totally made up. All they cite is secoundary sources. <quoted text> Actually it was two scholars. One a Hindu and another a Christian. Show us where she sites primary sources for any of her claims. Like the Egyptian book of the dead. <quoted text> if your references do not have evidence from primary sources which predate Christianity and cannot show a connect from one to th other then claim there is a connect then that is dishonest and you aid and abet. <quoted text> No i have not read her book. I have read reviews enough to dismiss her as a crackpot. I am reading Ehrman.
<quoted text> All beliefs have things in common. That does not mean they connect or one came from another.
<quoted text> I responded to your Trinity claim by citing a primary source called the Gospel of Matthew. It don't get much more primary than that when it comes to Christianity. It was there from the get go. Matthew also has the God with us verse. If your brain is a receiver than i must conclude you are not receiving my clear signal. And i know the fault is not with the signal.
Stop instigating armegeddon, you MURDERER!

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#574246 Dec 16, 2012
Sharkey wrote:
<quoted text><SMILES> at Loco grasping at straws to justify your hatred for your gay self.
You seem to have a sick need to use horrible example of gays and lesbians to confirm your self-hatred.
Forget about the 99% of happy homosexuals, oh no, just focus on the 1% that you are part of that does evil.
You would have been next on that list of "horrible things gay people did" but they locked your crazy @ss up before that could happen.
Kudos to the people in your city for locking your sick @ss away, you demented-@ss freak.
If that person could only see how the majority of his posts work against him, maybe he would go away.

I don't know the actual numbers nor will I dignify his bigotry by looking them up, but a 134% increase could mean that one year they had 5 cases and the following year they had 7 cases, which is slightly more than 134% increase, or 1 year they had 1 case and the next year they had 1 1/2 cases which is also slightly more than 134%. Percentages can be used by just about everyone to prove anything you want to prove (or not), but you might not be saying anything.

A town had a 500% increase in violent deaths in just a one year period. One year they had 1 person killed violently in a car accident and the following year they had 6 people die in a tragic house fire, so it is time to call out the National Guard and start having daily police patrols, because violent deaths have gone up 500% in just one year.

Of course sexually transmitted diseases are a concern as they have always been and since AIDS was first identified back in the 1980s or so, it has claimed a lot of lives, and yes it does spread more the more times an infected person has sex with other people, or the more times that people get blood taken from AIDS infected people before they knew enough to start screening for that disease, but it is a disease, not a sin, and a tragic disease, which in a relatively short period of time that they have known it even exists, they have made great strides in treating it, and likely will one day find a complete treatment, and/or a vaccination against it.

My family and pretty well every other family in the world lost people in the Great Flu of 1918-1919, and there have been horrible diseases that have taken many lives all through the history of man, but even in my lifetime, they have cured, or stopped the deaths from many diseases for which there were no cures in thousands of years of past history. There are many many different organisms that cause diseases and some of them will mutate when cures are found, so they cannot be stopped and another cure has to be found, but that is what science does.

Bigots just blame sick people and say they are the cause. Stupid bigots blame people and also state it is because they are atheists.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#574247 Dec 16, 2012
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BOOOTS!!!! MINE ENDS AND YOURS STARTS, AINT THAT COOL?? IT SO IS!!!!:-)
Susie

Slippery Rock, PA

#574248 Dec 16, 2012
Laconic Assassins wrote:
<quoted text>The problem with them is their need to avoid the truth.
They try to dismiss Hitler's and Jeffrey Dahmer's gay issues.
Gay leaders reply that they are not pathological, rebellious, or sexually deviant. They contend that gays are gentle, loving people and that the violence they experience proves that they need special ‘hate crime’ laws to protect them from non-homosexual ‘gay bashers.’
Who’s right? Does the excess of violence naturally well up from within a pathological gay subculture or do outsiders direct it toward homosexuals? Keeping in mind that only about 2%—3% of adults are homosexual or bisexual,(1) let’s examine varieties of violence.
Although the total number of victims dispatched by a given killer is often in doubt,(e.g., homosexual Henry Lucas claimed that he killed 350), it appears that the modern world record for serial killing is held by a Russian homosexual, Andrei Chikatilo, who was convicted in 1992 of raping, murdering and eating parts of at least 21 boys, 17 women and 14 girls. The pathology of eating one’s sexual victims also characterized Milwaukee’s Jeffrey Dahmer in 1992. He not only killed 17 young men and boys, but cooked and ate their body parts.
The top six U.S. male serial killers were all gay:
• Donald Harvey claimed 37 victims in Kentucky;
• John Wayne Gacy raped and killed 33 boys in Chicago, burying them under his house and in his yard;
• Patrick Kearney accounted for 32, cutting his victims into small pieces after sex and leaving them in trash bags along the Los Angeles freeways;
• Bruce Davis molested and killed 27 young men and boys in Illinois;
• A gay sex-murder-torture ring (Corll-Henley-Brooks) sent 27 Texas men and boys to their grave; and
• Juan Corona was convicted of murdering 25 migrant workers (he “made love” with their corpses).
Lesbian Aileen Wuornos laid claim in 1992 to “worst female killer” with at least 7 middle-aged male victims. She singlehandedly topped the lesbian nurse team of Catherine Wood and Gwen Graham, who had killed 6 convalescent patients in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
Are you serious??? I mean really serious?? People do not kill people because they are gay.. I mean are you serious?/
Susie

Slippery Rock, PA

#574249 Dec 16, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever had an atheist tell you that you were going to be tortured for all eternity for not "being like him"?
Have you hear me say that? No, so do not classify me in that category!! I have been called a "tard" because I am not atheist like you so what is the difference?
Susie

Slippery Rock, PA

#574250 Dec 16, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Trying to believe in god again would be like trying to believe in Santa again.
Once free of dogma, going back is not possible.
At least not without suffering some kind of brain injury.
Opinions are like......
Susie

Slippery Rock, PA

#574251 Dec 16, 2012
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. your handlers have you well trained ..
My handlers?? Unlike many of the posters here I actually have the ability to think for myself; you should try it, you might like it.
Susie

Slippery Rock, PA

#574252 Dec 16, 2012
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody does typos like you.
<quoted text>
Great list. You forgot bling and afros.
Like I said before.. I do not have my glasses on and I don't care...I actually have other things to worry about; sorry you do not. Obsession of others is “A” typical.. Don't fret the small stuff dude!
Susie

Slippery Rock, PA

#574253 Dec 16, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
You are as enlightened as a 1/4 watt bulb.
America didn't win the war alone and never would have. Last time I checked there were Australia , Canada , UK, France, USSR, China, Poland, Netherlands, Yugoslavia, and Mexico and switching sides Italians fighting Hitler also.
We defeated Japan, and played the major role in pushing the war machine back into Germany.
"with the help of those countries mentioned"
Russia played a Major role and without our help would have still defeated Germany , we just made it easier for them to do so.
England would have never fell , but lacked the same weakness to take Germany. Hence they fought to stalemate repeatedly.
We only made it possible to defeat the Germans on their own ground.
America wasn't the lone savior , the world fought hard to save itself.
I strongly disagree; time for you to change your bulb; it blew! Historians debate this all the time and most agree America played a major role in the outcome of WWII
Susie

Slippery Rock, PA

#574254 Dec 16, 2012
Laconic Assassins wrote:
<quoted text>I know. I know. I was being fascious. If you go back and read, I said that with 25 million more Russians dead the world would have also ended, but with a defeat. Yes, countries do win a war, in the sense that battles are fought, land is claimed and people are conquered. The Civil War of the 1860s was a victory for independence, the WW11 win ended the holocaust and the War of Independence freed America from forced religion under the British crown, although the Vietnam Warand Gulf Wars had no victor.
Nice cover up and avoidance...NOT!.. Anywho...

The death of millions is not a victory no matter what spin you place on it; a word to the wise, no one truly wins in a war!

“Move into the light.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#574255 Dec 16, 2012
Susie wrote:
<quoted text>Have you hear me say that? No, so do not classify me in that category!! I have been called a "tard" because I am not atheist like you so what is the difference?
Perhaps they call you tard because you are tarded?

“Jesus is Love”

Since: Jul 12

Hutchinson, MN

#574256 Dec 16, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Evidence suggests there is a Hell.
You are the evidence.
Susie

Slippery Rock, PA

#574257 Dec 16, 2012
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
They were a product of a Christian background, though, so they would have been raised with Christian values, and even if Hitler and a couple others were crazy, that doesn't mean that everyone in command or everyone fighting for Germany and doing what Hitler wanted was crazy, nor does it mean that none of them were Christians.
The actions of Geo Bush and Geo W. Bush, during their terms in office, were the actions of a madman too, but aren't they considered to have been Christians, or still are? Even the actions of the USA today, killing other human beings from non manned drones, which puts no lives on the American side in danger cannot be considered a Christian act, can they?
There have been many other wars that were fought by Christians against Christians, some of which are still going on, example Roman Catholics vs Church of England, in Ireland, and also the whole UK, and other parts of Europe as well. These wars were supposedly because of their differences in religious beliefs, yet all were Christian beliefs. I realize that often other than religious reasons were at the bottom, but the people who were doing the fighting would have felt they were out to kill RCs or to kill Anglicans.
Mao was not a product of a Christian background. He was from China?? An atheist regime which still bears mentioning that even if a person had a Christian background doesn’t mean they are not or cannot become atheist. You have and you claim you cling to your Christian morals because you believe in the morality of the religion just not in God. My whole point is.. Men love power and wealth. It drives them insane at times and when they wage war it is because of the power and need for blood and nothing to do with being Christian or atheist.

Oh and I know I wrote in a passive voice in a passage. I am not willing to rewrite either for those egotistical maniacs following typos and grammar.
Susie

Slippery Rock, PA

#574258 Dec 16, 2012
karl44 wrote:
Susie wrote:
<quoted text>That is good for you... Strange twist of fate. I am a recovering atheist.
I spent half my life in the dark and misguiding people about faith and telling people what I know to be a dark lie.
I woke up to the light and I am sorry to say you are in the dark now and I am not sure if there is a return once you were in the light... I hope so :) Although, I am not convinced you were a Christian. Once in the light you would never want to leave. So maybe you just thought you were something you wasn’t.. sort of living your own lie. I am glad you found your way and I am even more happy I found mine :)
<quoted text>
she posted a wholesale lie
she did so to dicredit my post, and to throw filth.
the poster is a troll, it is a christian troll, and an imaginative liar.
we can know she is lying, as she lacks the intellect to be "a true atheist"
Talk about a liar.. I am glad you left your hat at the door because it fits you nicely ; )
You lack the compassion to have been a Christian yet you claim this? My next door neighbor is an atheist as well with the intellect of a four year old. Although many atheists are known to have high IQ's... they have this in common with serial killers and sociopaths... correlation?? Not sure... but it is not a requirement. You are so silly :)
Susie

Slippery Rock, PA

#574259 Dec 16, 2012
karl44 wrote:
Susie wrote:
<quoted text>That is good for you... Strange twist of fate. I am a recovering atheist.
I spent half my life in the dark and misguiding people about faith and telling people what I know to be a dark lie.
I woke up to the light and I am sorry to say you are in the dark now and I am not sure if there is a return once you were in the light... I hope so :) Although, I am not convinced you were a Christian. Once in the light you would never want to leave. So maybe you just thought you were something you wasn’t.. sort of living your own lie. I am glad you found your way and I am even more happy I found mine :)
<quoted text>
she posted a wholesale lie
she did so to dicredit my post, and to throw filth.
the poster is a troll, it is a christian troll, and an imaginative liar.
we can know she is lying, as she lacks the intellect to be "a true atheist"
You are giving me way too much credit.. You do not need me to discredit you.. You do fine all on your own ; )
Susie

Slippery Rock, PA

#574260 Dec 16, 2012
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
If I understand what you are saying (which would be my problem), I never had a relationship outside of my religion with Jesus, though I still agree with the things that the stories claim he taught, such as the Golden rule, being kind to your neighbors, and enemies, etc.
I agree that a person can have their own personal belief in a god, and not belong to any organized religion, but Christianity and Islam would require that you also participate in the community of their religions because that is part of what they believe.
People here who claim they are Christians but they don't attend church or belonged to any denomination, because they don't like the sinners who go there and the hypocrisy, are actually misrepresenting themselves, because though they say they are Christians, they are not. I don't believe any longer that it is necessary to be a Christian because I believe the basis for the religion is in man-made myths, but if one wants to be accepted as a Christian then one would have to follow what being a Christian represents, and that is to meet together to worship and to learn of God (and most importantly to kick in your money, because no organization can exist without funds).
Aside from the fanatical Bible thumpers, who think they are God's gift to the world and they must constantly proselytize, the main reason that churches go out into the world to find new members is they need to keep the membership role up or they will collapse as an organization (they can't afford a building, an organ, a minister, and everything else that entails - I know because I worked on a Church Board for at least 20 years, including as Chairman of the Board). The internal running of a congregation is very secular.
That is sort of like the young kid in the children's story about the Emperor (King) who wore no clothes (not the correct title), what we think we are as Christians (I mean those that still think that way) is not what others see us as.
Those here, and I think you said about the same, who most vehemently claim to be saved, and to 'Know God' would, IMO, looking at it from my former view as a Christian, some of the very worst examples in the world of Christianity.
I think the word "evil" would best describe the most fanatical on here who claim to be believers in God.
I do not know what type of Christian church or teaching you were brought up in, but I have never been taught or have I read anywhere that your deeds will earn you anything; it is all in the heart. You cannot earn your way to God’s grace.. or it would not be could faith or grace, so I actually have to disagree with the whole participate in the community of their religions because that is part of what Christians believe. I have met people like what you describe but that doesn’t suit me.

Going to church is not what Jesus says it takes to be saved. Christians are not required to go to church. The reason I don’t attend church on a regular basis has nothing to do with sinners in church or anything you stated. I have a personal relationship with Christ that requires me and no one else. I do like meeting with other Christians and worshipping and glorifying God, but that again is not a requirement; it is a blessing.

I think you just went through motions and never actually felt the Lord. Women often go through motions and no one knows she is faking it because she can handle herself well in the situation but never felt it they it should have been. What can I say??
Susie

Slippery Rock, PA

#574261 Dec 16, 2012
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it makes you sound like a good, thoughtful, and thinking person. I appreciate that response. I think I would like to think that it basically describes me too, but I now have to leave out the part about being a Christian, and about belief in a god. To claim I believe would be hypocritical.
Having said that, my mother called me today after she returned from church, and again mentioned, as she frequently does, how concerned she is that her oldest brother, who died 2 or 3 years ago, did not make his peace with God, as he had left the church in anger, over so personality conflicts with the minister (who is also now dead, as of very recently, and also they found out after she had transferred to another charge was also gay, and later married her lesbian lover). My mother is afraid that her brother will not make it to heaven where his parents, my father are, and she hopes to be. I try to just suggest that she not worry about him, as I feel he was a good man, but I will not get into a debate with her at her age and health, because that would break her heart.
I am sure it would. The advice I would give you mother is… Her brother apparently made peace with God a long time ago or he would not have been in church that day he left. She should not worry about his state over leaving the church. That does not mean he left God; Jesus understands us better than we do ourselves. Did your uncle say he no longer believed? It is good not argue with your mother; it would more than break her heart; it would kill her basically. I am just telling you from a Christian mother’s perspective.
Susie

Slippery Rock, PA

#574262 Dec 16, 2012
Laconic Assassins wrote:
<quoted text>She is exactly right, you never were a Christian. You followed a religion and that would mean Baptist, Protestant, Methodist, Catholocism, etc. and that is not Christianity.
We have said this over 100 times, Christianity is not a religion. So, orgnized religion has nothing to do with Christianity, but Christianity only has to do with Christ and you must be "born again" and that is literal. Yes, literally born again, but spiritual, which is actually not substantial than the physical.
I have no doubt, that you left your relgion, because you failed to be born again and become a Christian. Your physical nature overwhelmed your dying spiritual nature. Because without Christ, you can only have a dying spirit and the Holy SPirit is the only light that can set your spirit into motion and rebirth.
Most people who claim to be Christians simply believe that God is, but God says that even the demons and satan know that God is God.
Hey.. I never said that!!
Susie

Slippery Rock, PA

#574263 Dec 16, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps they call you troll because you troll... The smell gives you away; you reek!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min June VanDerMark 578,833
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 2 min RiccardoFire 97,966
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 2 min WasteWater 5,682
News Sarah Palin going on 'Oprah' (Oct '09) 3 min lightbeamrider 706
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 min Pegasus 270,020
College No Longer School Of Higher Learning? 15 min Edthirty 3
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 18 min Chopstopper248 2,182
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr lightbeamrider 609,782
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr Clearwater 176,199
More from around the web