Where's the "M'Kay" flake?

Say it again, M'Kay flake!

We want a laugh. Hoo hoo!
Flagler Beach

Lincoln, AL

#574483 Dec 17, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Evasion, why not face your own doctrine?
Hell; why don't you face your own eternal damnation?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#574484 Dec 17, 2012
It aint necessarily so wrote:
What about Jehovah? What about its morals? Do you consider its actions perfectly kind, just, moral and loving? Do you endorse all of its behavior?
Susie wrote:
You didn't cast out far enough.. I did not take your bait; try again ;)
You did just fine.

The question is lethal. Any response including silence is a losing response for you. Some are much worse than others. You didn't choose any of them. You declined to answer with some good humor and grace - probably, your best option.

But look at the question, and the fact that you prefer not to answer it. What do you suppose that means? At a minimum, it means that the question is probably a pretty good one.

But I think it also means that you realize or suspect that your god's actions are indefensible, but feel uncomfortable saying so.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#574485 Dec 17, 2012
Flagler Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Because you consider it mythology, I consider you ignorant and not worth the time of day.
I think you left out the part where you want to watch me burn in the mythical HELLFIRE of your religious myth.
Flagler Beach

Lincoln, AL

#574486 Dec 17, 2012
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. myths are awesome, they teach, instill moral values. The world needs another good myth, STAR WARS and the bible are becoming antiquated ..
But there are not inflammatory, rage filled forums against Star Wars. I believe it is because you KNOW it is a mythical story, unlike the Bible which is filled with true accounts, accounts which you can't refute and that irritate you as they expose your lack luster evil cult.

Fennario

#574487 Dec 17, 2012
No. I would love them, but not respect them for their faith - exactly as if they had a drug or alcohol problem. Faith is not respectable. It is not a virtue.

You seem to think that the negativity leveled at your church is unjustified, or that it's based on hatred of your god. It's not. Your god is like Santa to a skeptic.

In my case, the contempt you're seeing expressed is primarily for your church and its influence on the lives of both believers and unbelievers, although the latter is the more pressing issue for me.
Susie wrote:
I don't recall that post being for you so why answer it..
Because I had an opinion that I wanted to express about the subject matter. Is that OK?
Susie wrote:
It was for booots and you are DEF not her!! She can speak for herself ya know..
Boooots is a man. I'm pretty sure I read about his prostate somewhere recently.

And yes, he can speak for himself quite well. Why? Does that mean that I shouldn't speak for myself?

Wouldn't you agree that this is the proper place to express opinions about other people's opinions? I don't use much profanity or do much name calling.

Fennario

#574488 Dec 17, 2012
my issue is your church.
Susie wrote:
Then don't go... It is as simple as that
Not really. It's not as simple as that.

Do you have any idea what the skeptic community's complaint about the church is? It's not that we have to go to church.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#574489 Dec 17, 2012
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
According to the mythology without the first(Judaism) there would not be the Jesus.
For some reason I've encountered the Christian(not the majority) that thinks Christianity isn't dependent upon the OT prophecies and that it is not attached.
I've never heard a good explanation for that stance, however, yet just about all Christians ignore various portions of the OT when it arbitrarily suits their need, and the OT Judaic Messianic prophecies are #1.
They're #1 for Jews.

I'm not a Jew.......

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#574490 Dec 17, 2012
Flagler Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheists are the only cult in the world that is offended by what they consider a myth. I take it they are second guessing their delusion and not expressing enough faith that Christ/God/Heaven/Hell are mythical.
Do you find this as comical as I do??? LOL
Can something be disgustingly hilarious?

lol

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#574491 Dec 17, 2012
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. myths are awesome, they teach, instill moral values. The world needs another good myth, STAR WARS and the bible are becoming antiquated ..
I wonder if Vader could be assimilated...

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#574492 Dec 17, 2012
<quoted text>
It's whatever we say it is. Once, we mostly all said what you say. Soon, it will mean something else, something more inclusive. Presently, it's something in between. The meaning is evolving.
When I say "Happy Holidays," I mean all of the solstice celebrations, but not New Years Day. What's that but basically celebrating surviving another trip around the sun, which I believe was already covered by the birthday.
You've got Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, Yule, Saturnalia, HumanLight, Festivus, and others out there too, each with a following. Why name only one?
Because there's only one that matters. One that bring them all together. One the world celebrates.

Christmas, the celebration of Jesus' birth.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#574493 Dec 17, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
They're #1 for Jews.
I'm not a Jew.......
Then you'd agree the Jesus doesn't fulfill those prophecies(he doesn't) and it makes no difference to you.

I'm not sure why you'd use the OT at all. It's just for the Jews, yes?

“I love Jesus”

Since: Dec 08

Heaven, but Earthbound for now

#574494 Dec 17, 2012
<quoted text>
I thought that you were comparing your god's disciplining of man to a parent's discipline of a child.
<quoted text>
Was that sincere, or just an evasion?
What does that tragedy have to do with a discussion of disciplining children? That's not very sound thinking there, Suze - not good judgment at all.
I doubt very much that any of the parents who lost children Friday expect the nation to stop talking about either discipline or children as a sign of respect.
In fact, I'd bet that they'd encourage it.
Your opinion doesnÂ’t matter... never has and never will... We were talking about discipline and the necessity; sorry you cannot keep up.
You spelled my name wrong.. to be expected though..

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#574495 Dec 17, 2012
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you left out the part where you want to watch me burn in the mythical HELLFIRE of your religious myth.
That's what the atheists keep bringing up....

Funny.

“I love Jesus”

#574496 Dec 17, 2012
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Because I had an opinion that I wanted to express about the subject matter. Is that OK?
<quoted text>
Boooots is a man. I'm pretty sure I read about his prostate somewhere recently.
And yes, he can speak for himself quite well. Why? Does that mean that I shouldn't speak for myself?
Wouldn't you agree that this is the proper place to express opinions about other people's opinions? I don't use much profanity or do much name calling.
You do not show much resepct either. Just because you choose to ask doesn't mean I have to answer either.. You should speak for yourself freely but you butted in and ask for someone else instead. You didn't express an opinion, you butted in on my statement. But whateva,, it is a public forum ; )

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#574497 Dec 17, 2012
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Do you have any idea what the skeptic community's complaint about the church is? It's not that we have to go to church.
There's roughly 4 million churches in the world.

Pick one, then don't go to it.

It's pretty simple.

“LOL Really?”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#574498 Dec 17, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder if Vader could be assimilated...
http://imgur.com/LV1UU

“I love Jesus”

#574499 Dec 17, 2012
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
You did just fine.
The question is lethal. Any response including silence is a losing response for you. Some are much worse than others. You didn't choose any of them. You declined to answer with some good humor and grace - probably, your best option.
But look at the question, and the fact that you prefer not to answer it. What do you suppose that means? At a minimum, it means that the question is probably a pretty good one.
But I think it also means that you realize or suspect that your god's actions are indefensible, but feel uncomfortable saying so.
It means your question isn't one worth answering;AND that if I gave an answer you wouldn't understand it anyway simply put. You would have to understand God to understand the answer I would give.. Not worth the endless hours of the back and forth you would cause.
You read too much into all of this. That by know means gives a win you seek

“I love Jesus”

#574500 Dec 17, 2012
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
It is that simple. You think it makes you look good to make it complex. I am a skeptic of church.. so I do not go

Fennario

#574501 Dec 17, 2012
Susie wrote:
faith is a spiritual concept.
Disagree, even without knowing precisely what you mean by "spiritual" or "a spiritual concept." "Faith" is the name the church gives to the abdication of reason, and to submission to its will, for the purpose of praising the word and glorifying the practice.

But at the end of the day, faith just a guess masquerading as a proven fact - an affront to reason, not a virtue.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 41 min Drumpf Disaster 51,444
Missing Teen - Brittany Crenshaw (Aug '12) 2 hr Denise moody 24
How many MILLIONS of MEXICAN MEN R N in U.S. IL... 5 hr Doctor REALITY 6
Allah is Satan hiding behind the name 5 hr Doctor REALITY 9
servpro sucks (Apr '08) 6 hr Picnic 38
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 hr Holy dr Shrink 693,103
Gf gave me a dog, but it died. How to tell her? 9 hr Kelvin68 1
More from around the web