Prove there's a god.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#574328 Dec 17, 2012
Laconic Assassins wrote:
We have said this over 100 times, Christianity is not a religion.
But atheism is a religion, right? Probably evolution, too.
Laconic Assassins wrote:
you must be "born again" and that is literal. Yes, literally born again
No, not literally born again. Figuratively. I suggest that you lose that word or learn what it means.

Since: Oct 12

Muscat,Oman

#574329 Dec 17, 2012

Muscat,Oman

#574330 Dec 17, 2012
Another if you like to see

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Existence_of_God

What more?

Muscat,Oman

#574331 Dec 17, 2012
God exists

watch another video

atheists dont have a clue

Kalamazoo, MI

#574332 Dec 17, 2012
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
rational skeptics evaluate
religitards believe
but arrogant, selfish retards think that they are rational skeptics. lol
atheists dont have a clue

Kalamazoo, MI

#574333 Dec 17, 2012
T-Town Clown wrote:
ChristineM wants to have my child...
mine too

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#574334 Dec 17, 2012
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
FYI, it's pretty obvious when you're plagiarizing. Maybe you can guess why.
Me! Me!
I know! I know!

Fennario

#574335 Dec 17, 2012
Thereafter, you simply marginalized and dehumanized us, declaring us unfit to serve as teachers, jurors and witnesses in court, elected officials, coaches, and adoptive parents. But that too is disappearing.
Today, you have to settle for keying our cars, harassing our children, boycotting our businesses, libeling and slandering us behind our backs, and cruelly executing our pets.

You have your nerve complaining that we want to silence you. I'll tell you what - we promise to use only argument, rebuke and ridicule, and never to burn you to death. Fair enough?
nanoanomaly wrote:
You are clearly a raging bigot who needs psych meds.
Whatcha got?
nanoanomaly wrote:
I've never given a second thought as to whether any teachers, coaches, etc., were atheists or theists.
Then I guess that the world has no problem in that area.
nanoanomaly wrote:
I've never heard of anybody in any community I've lived in being ridiculed for being an atheist.
Then I guess that issue's resolved for mankind as well.
nanoanomaly wrote:
Anybody who commits the acts you've mentioned were predisposed to hatred and would do the same thing whether they were believers or unbelievers.
I don't agree. Neither does Dr. Weinberg:

"Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it, you'd have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. For good people to do evil things, it takes religion."

Fennario

#574336 Dec 17, 2012
God Himself wrote:
The millions of sects have nothing to do with the reality of God Himself.
The question of the existence of gods is secondary. The tens of thousands of sects speak to the illegitimacy of the religion.
God Himself wrote:
I dont have to apologize for Christianity
Somebody should.
God Himself wrote:
It is useless to drivel on about how much of a f*&cked up individual God is. Once again, you mention or refer to the character of God; as if Moral Character has anything to do with His Existence. Either God exists or He doesnt exist. Period.
I was referring to Jehovah-Jesus in particular, the Christian god. There may be a god or gods, but that one isn't one of them. And that is determinable in part by analyzing the character imputed to it, clearly the self-contradictory projections from the minds of brutal and sadistic men.

I wonder why you think that doesn't matter?

Fennario

#574337 Dec 17, 2012
The bible says "The wicked shall be TURNED INTO hell, and all the nations that FORGET God" [Psalm 9:17] That suggests that it is the person that BECOMES HELLISH in himself and in his mind; as opposed to being driven into literal physical fire.
Cherry picking? Your bible says more than that. Have you not heard about the lake of fire?

"And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire." - Revelation 20:11-15

"And the devil who had deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and sulfur where the beast and the false prophet were, and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever" - Revelation 20:10

“Then he will say to those on his left,‘Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels." - Matthew 25:41

I think that's clear enough.
God Himself wrote:
None of that is in conflict with what I said.
I think it is. You seemed to be saying that hell was not literally fire. Your bible says otherwise.

Fennario

#574338 Dec 17, 2012
Your experience of life is unrecognizable to me.
God Himself wrote:
Duh!
Well said.
Rational thought takes one to where the evidence and rules of inference lead it, not to where it chooses to go. Think of it as a math problem, perhaps a sum. You don't get to choose the answer - only to discover it. You are apparently so unfamiliar with this kind of thinking that you don't believe people do it.
God Himself wrote:
Thats where you're wrong. I do get to choose the answer.:P
I guess you do after all.

Fennario

#574339 Dec 17, 2012
God Himself wrote:
You cant act on the knowledge that something exists, except through the knowledge of what does exist.
http://tnaron.files.wordpress.com/2007/07/jac... [image]
God Himself wrote:
The only way you can know that something does not exist, is by observing that which does exist.
Hence it is the positive that proves and demonstrates. It is the positive which allows us to deduce (validate) the negative.
Is this still part of your rebuttal to the claim that one can prove a negative? If it is, it fails. I can prove many negative assertions notwithstanding whatever that meant. There's still no mail in the mailbox, and I can prove it to anybody who can see into it.
God Himself wrote:
It doesnt surprise me that you cant understand that simple idea.
I can't understand much of your thinking.

Fennario

#574340 Dec 17, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>It appears that "evangelicals" and other Christians were the majority of those opposing slavery in the 17th century.
" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abolitionism&quo... ;
Whatever they were, they were employing reason and compassion, and eclipsing the values of the Christian god, which is what humanist ethical philosophy - rational ethics - advocates.

Once you've gone over the whole bible and rejected the cruel and irrational ethical advice according to the dictates of reason and compassion, what's left isn't Christian ethics any more. It's humanism.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#574341 Dec 17, 2012
atheists dont have a clue wrote:
Here is a proof(of many) that God exists:
If God doesn't exist:
1. then atheists are right.
2. atheists are selfish and arrogant
3. therefore it is impossible for atheists to be right about something that teaches/values morals
4. therefore atheists are wrong, and God must exist
Another proof:
1. atheists think they're superior to everything
2. God teaches that he is supposed to be superior to everything
3. atheists are jealous of God being looked at as superior therefore they attempt to get Christians to believe what they believe, instead of believing in God
4. this is proof in itself that God exists
You sound butthurt, did someone make you look like a fool again?

Yeah, I'm arrogant, so was Einstein, so is the pope, so are all preachers, does arrogance make someone wrong? Nope. It just makes us arrogant.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#574342 Dec 17, 2012
shahid afridi wrote:
Another if you like to see
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Existence_of_God
What more?
So, someone says it's so, therefore it's so? That means leprechauns are real, unicorns are real, pegasus are real, cherubs are real .....

Fennario

#574343 Dec 17, 2012
God Himself wrote:
The big bang actually validates creation story more than anything else; because it was written that light was a primary phenomena in forming the universe.
You think that modern cosmology validates your bible's creation myth? I don't. They could hardly be more different.

When you consider a comprehensive list of the details of each, such as "a canopy that separated the water beneath the canopy from the water above it," and the earth being created in the universe's first day on the one hand, and symmetry breaking and inflation on the other, whats remarkable is that the two stories only overlap in one detail: each indicates that there was a first moment for the universe. That's it.

For example, the bible says that god ordered light into existence on day one as one of his first acts of creation. Science tells us that light didn't pass freely through the universe until it became transparent a few hundred thousand years after the first instant.

How is that validation?

Here's even worse news about that. Every single creation myth ever written or told also got that detail and only that detail correct. Congratulations. Your bible ties for last with the Sumerian creation myth, the Cherokee creation myth, the Arawak creation myth, and thousands of others. They all have just as much bragging rights to claim that modern cosmology validates their creation myths as you Christians. Bupkis.

Fennario

#574344 Dec 17, 2012
God Himself wrote:
Biblical ideas are rather capable of "absorbing" scientific thought;
Yeah, I just saw.
God Himself wrote:
Biblical ideas can easily assimilate scientific concepts into its system of ideas.
If your ideas can't be contradicted by any discovery, they're poetry. If the biblical ideas can be understood as accommodating whatever science discovers, then they don't mean anything at all.
God Himself wrote:
It is scientific thought that has not become dynamic enough to facilitate spiritual thought.
Spiritual thought, huh? What are spirits? What is the supernatural? What does it mean to exist outside of time? Without a clear understanding of what these things are and how they relate to us, references to them are just more poetry.

Fennario

#574345 Dec 17, 2012
God Himself wrote:
I have come to the conclusion that scientific method as you know it just might not be adequate to explore the reality of God. It is not that He doesnt exist; but your means of trying to prove (or disprove) his existence are insufficient.
Or, he doesn't exist.

“The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike”- Delos B. McKown

What is the scientific method also unable explore? The reality of Peter Pan, for starters. Nor is it equipped to study leprechauns or vampires.

Granted, the scientific method has no access to the suernatural,which is a terrible deficiency. it also has means to study the characteristics and inhabitants of the infranatural realm, the extranatural, the juxtanatural, the transnatural, the micronatural, the hypernatural, the holonatural, or the quasinatural realms.

We'll just have to leave that to the poets.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's teapot

#574346 Dec 17, 2012
BadBreathBruce wrote:
MAY I just add: Even If one had an NDE and only went as far as leaving their PHYSICAL BODY and floated up above it (say above the operating table in the op theater at a hospital), THEN came back in to their physical body again, and never went as far as seeing Heaven or Hell, THEN THAT would STILL prove to them - and to the ones they tell their experience to - that Heaven/God and Hell/Devil DO exist!! I mean, what, are you going to have all these lost, wandering souls floating and flying about aimlessly in the universe?? COME ON!! They have to go SOMEWHERE and to SOMEONE!! LOL!!
"To get back to the warning that I received. You may take it with however many grains of salt that you wish. That the brown acid that is circulating around us isn't too good. It is suggested that you stay away from that. Of course it's your own trip. So be my guest, but please be advised that there is a warning on that one, OK?" - Chip Monck, and the brown acid warning from Woodstock.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#574347 Dec 17, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you ask a question or make a statement? I'll choose the former.
Yes, assisting in the capture of a murderous terrorist is a moral thing because the murdering terrorist is not doing moral deeds.
No, the capture, trial & execution of Jesus was not the moral thing to do. The Romans saw Jesus as a great threat to them. The 300 years following Jesus' execution & subsequent following of people to Jesus' name ruined the Roman Empire.
Oh wow, you must have seen the question mark, it’s a strange quirk of language that when asking a question you indicate it with a question mark, Do you not understand that?

Your reply was a contradiction. Yes it moral, no it’s not moral, what does this mean?

We have been here before and you poo-pood it without examining the evidence. There is evidence to suggest that the late JC was none other that Judas of the Sicari (alias Judas the Galilean), a known terrorist who became the leader of and posthumous inspiration of a group of terrorist named the fourth philosophy. Their combination with followers of John the Baptiser and later followers of Saulus eventually became christianity.

So you are saying that it’s ok for Saulus to assist in the capture and execution of a known terrorist but not is the terrorist was some few hundred years later known as jusus? Right?

It is often said that Rome never actually fell, Rome still exists as one of the foremost capitol’s in the world and the head of the christian church. Rather unlike the rapid fall of the republic before it the rule of the empire declined slowly for many reasons including overreaching itself (Luckily something that Hitler never learned). The inclusion of “barbarians” in the army and the extent of the empire accelerated it’s fall. The reluctance to wear armour in battle, incompetence of military leaders. The Vandals, Sueves, Alans and Visigoths had some input in the fall of the empire. Lead plumbing also has to accept some of the blame. And of course Roman catholic christian beliefs conflicted with the working of empire. Rome adapted to become what it has become today.

BTW the eastern roman empire continued for over 1000 years (until 1453) after the execution of the late jc.

BTW the RC church still continues to this day. The head of the catholic church holds the title of Pontifex Maximus just as Julius Caesar did. The Roman Catholic church is the largest sect of christianity and is effectively the continuation of the western roman empire.

Don’t that really mess with your hatred for Catholics
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheism became a belief system as soon as the first atheist said "I believe there is no God."
The dichotomy that Atheists try to create between science and religion is false. The conflict is between interpretations of science coming from different religious worldviews.
Atheism shouldn’t be taught or enforced in settings where other religions are banned and shouldn’t be favored by laws which imply a religiously neutral government.
Say what? None belief is a belief – right – have you spoken to your shink recently?

What dichotomy is this? Have you made it up? Nope it’s just a christian get out clause for something they don’t want to understand.

Science is not up for interpretation, but I guess that if you interpret the babble to suite your mood you can justify interpreting anything

Atheism – none belief is the default state of humanity, no child is born with a belief in god. You are indoctrinated into that belief and depending on what faith (if any) your parents are depends on which god (if any) you are going to favour

Yet you have no objection to christianity being taught in setting where atheism is frowned upon? How hypocritical of you, but hey, we are talking about RR here, hypocrisy is expected

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
sexy sister and my girlfriend family holiday 28 min cool 1
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 31 min Steve III 45,018
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 32 min onemale 281,495
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 48 min Steve III 650,851
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 hr Rosa_Winkel 56,497
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr bad bob 183,001
topix drops human sexuality forum.......this be... 2 hr patsy the shared ... 42
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 5 hr Toby 106,105
More from around the web