Prove there's a god.
BadBreathBruce

Christchurch, New Zealand

#574384 Dec 17, 2012
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
And they'd still be jumping to conclusions. Even if we stipulate to an afterlife, how would "proof" of heaven not be identical to proof of no heaven? Maybe it's "proof" Valhalla or Olympus. Or of cerebral ischemia in a watershed area. http://legalmedicalexhibits.com/60017-watersh...
The Bible says that it's proof of heaven, and I'm sticking to it. If any Norse Valhalla or Greek Olympus DID exist then the religions associated with them would be alive and well today, as in THRIVING (as in the Christian faith). But, even though other religions such as Hinduism, Buddhism, and Islam are also widespread, there can only be ONE that is the TRUE PATH to GOD. I believe it is the Christian faith. By the way, my older sister died of an ischemic stroke in September 2004. GOD (as in JEHOVAH, not ODIN or ZEUS) bless her soul.
noway

Saltville, VA

#574385 Dec 17, 2012
I see my own philosophies as superior and I see reality is I control it all and the only response you can ever give to me is one that I anticipated and allowed to happen in the first place.. because I discovered fundamental truths that enable it to be so and now I am supreme metric ruler of all existence in this universe... maybe if you escape now and enter another universe... but I control this one now I"m sorry..`

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#574386 Dec 17, 2012
BadBreathBruce wrote:
<quoted text> The Bible says that it's proof of heaven, and I'm sticking to it. If any Norse Valhalla or Greek Olympus DID exist then the religions associated with them would be alive and well today, as in THRIVING (as in the Christian faith). But, even though other religions such as Hinduism, Buddhism, and Islam are also widespread, there can only be ONE that is the TRUE PATH to GOD. I believe it is the Christian faith. By the way, my older sister died of an ischemic stroke in September 2004. GOD (as in JEHOVAH, not ODIN or ZEUS) bless her soul.
Yet, you are not the majority of the religious community, not by far, just in the US.
noway

Saltville, VA

#574387 Dec 17, 2012
I am the metric ruler.. I will measure you all ahaaahahaahaaa..
BadBreathBruce

#574388 Dec 17, 2012
<quoted text>
First, establish these claims as being at least reasonable likely. And please include a credible account of somebody who never heard of the Christian heaven or hell that claimed to see them.
I guess that you can't conceive of any naturalistic explanation for people getting tunnel vision in near death circumstances. I can, but I'm trained in that. You'd have to know a little about the neuroanatomy and vasculature of the visual pathway. Check it: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons...
Notice that the fibers coming out of the backs of the eyeballs from the retina form the two optic nerves. As these fibers approach the neural bridge called the optic chiasm, only the ones indicated in blue enter thechiasm and cross over to the other side. Notice that these fibers originated in the part of the retina closest to the nose - the nasal retina - and are oriented to pick up light from the lest and right peripheral fields of vision.
By contrast, the fibers from the temple side of each retina see the center of the field of vision, and do not enter the chiasm or cross over.
Now, lets look at the cerebral blood supply around the optic chism at http://what-when-how.com/wp-content/uploads/2... You can see that there is no midline blood supply at the level of the chiasm as there is on the pons below it. The chiasm is supplied by the two posterior communicating arteries on either side of it, making the central part of the chiasm furthest from the blood source, and most sensitive to hypoxemia (low blood oxygen levels) and hypotension (low blood pressure and poor perfusion).
So, poor perfusion of the chiasm leads to loss of peripheral vision through ischemia of the crossing fibers there. That very well may be why tunnel vision ensues.
The natural is fascinating, isn't it? Now you know.
Thanks for the science lesson. But I have a question for you: WHO designed it that way?? INTELLIGENCE came from the INTELLIGENCE before it, NOT INTELLIGENCE from NOTHING (abiogenesis is impossible), as evolution would have you believe.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#574389 Dec 17, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Merry Xmas!
By using X instead of Christ are you mocking Christ or are you simply sticking to a 1,000 year old language?
noway

Saltville, VA

#574390 Dec 17, 2012
church is fcking boring.. I prayed to God and asked him to take it out of his will..

and then some guy came up on the radio talking about it was the end of the church age and I believed it was the answer to my prayer because it was so suddenly and I was then satisfied..
noway

Saltville, VA

#574391 Dec 17, 2012
i'm a firm believer who hates gay people.. because of my religion.. but church is so boring... come on man it's just God doesn't care if you go to church come on man...
noway

Saltville, VA

#574392 Dec 17, 2012
actually I don't hate gay people because of my religion.. I hate them because they spread the aids virus the most...

and must be really dumb .. or malicious characters...

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#574393 Dec 17, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet, you are not the majority of the religious community, not by far, just in the US.
The US is all that matters......
noway

Saltville, VA

#574394 Dec 17, 2012
the guys not the girls..
noway

Saltville, VA

#574395 Dec 17, 2012
even if i didn't beleive in God.. I would still hate gays.. until the viruses were cured then I would no longer hate um..
BadBreathBruce

#574396 Dec 17, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Interestingly, Jesus was NOT the MAJORITY. There were SCORES of them, and only ONE of him. But HE was (and still is) the RIGHT ONE!! He was a very lonely man on that cross, but hey, he certainly is reaping the rewards now!! COME, LORD JESUS!!
noway

Saltville, VA

#574397 Dec 17, 2012
they are like zombie apocalypse.. with a higher intellect..

and cleaner contaminators...

that actually feel good at first...
noway

Saltville, VA

#574398 Dec 17, 2012
even straight people.. no just people who have it they don't care and they wanna give it to people I hate you so much..

good thing nobody wants to do me because I"d probably definitely get it..

actually wait they do want to do me..

they probably have it!!
Turkey

Oswego, NY

#574399 Dec 17, 2012
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Read it again, Buttercup.
I don't condone arson, but I do understand why people want your churches gone. You make it too tempting. They generate so much hatred, strife, division, scapegoating, guilt and misery.
Even Jehovah got into the act. Touchdown Jesus, a graven image in Monroe, OH, went up in flames after being stricken by lightning. It was quite a spectacle. As soon as you see him, you'll know why they called him TDJ: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =nI1Yu2IgQpYXX&feature=rel ated
Incidentally, the adult bookstore right across the street was spared.
So Jesus is alive, he did not approve of that statue did he? Be afraid atheists. The begining of wisdom.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#574401 Dec 17, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
By using X instead of Christ are you mocking Christ or are you simply sticking to a 1,000 year old language?
No, it's Xmas now, we have merged all the holidays into one secular holiday, love it or leave it.

... and merry Xmas!

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#574402 Dec 17, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
The US is all that matters......
Egocentricity. I mean, I'm arrogant, but you, you just ignore everything but yourself.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#574403 Dec 17, 2012
BadBreathBruce wrote:
<quoted text> Interestingly, Jesus was NOT the MAJORITY. There were SCORES of them, and only ONE of him. But HE was (and still is) the RIGHT ONE!! He was a very lonely man on that cross, but hey, he certainly is reaping the rewards now!! COME, LORD JESUS!!
So then your first assertion was a flat out lie.
Susie

Whitesville, NY

#574404 Dec 17, 2012
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
the difference is that hell is mythology
and
your condition is not
I have yet to speak of hell.. Your condition on the other hand.. Well, I am not even sure I can help?? Try taking your meds ; )

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 2 min Mr Wiggley 31,172
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 min Duhhh 286,585
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 15 min KENTUCKY CATHOLIC 687,325
Florida Residents Warned They'll Be Ticketed Fo... 6 hr may i suggest 2
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 7 hr lightbeamrider 4,316
Investigations of DCF in CT (Dec '08) 9 hr Always aware 91
Are Quadroons and Griffes Considered Mulatto? (Aug '10) 13 hr Dona 33
More from around the web