Prove there's a god.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#574361 Dec 17, 2012
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
FYI, it's pretty obvious when you're plagiarizing. Maybe you can guess why.
It's readable?

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#574362 Dec 17, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go with the gay crap again.
There is now almost no doubt whatsoever that you are gay.
Is your closet locked from the outside?
Ted Haggard is in the closet with him.

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#574363 Dec 17, 2012
BadBreathBruce wrote:
<quoted text> No, no, no, scar!! These NDE people were NOT on LSD!!(Although there were NUDE people on LSD at Woodstock back in '69, ha-ha!!). They GENUINELY floated out of their physical bodies (no drugs or shit like that) and had Out Of Body (OOB) experiences. They NEVER ingested drugs of ANY kind beforehand. How would you explain that??
NDE's are most likely products of the subconscious mind. Not to say that the subconscious may or may not be far more powerful than what we already know about it.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#574364 Dec 17, 2012
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Whatcha got?
<quoted text>
Then I guess that the world has no problem in that area.
<quoted text>
Then I guess that issue's resolved for mankind as well.
<quoted text>
I don't agree. Neither does Dr. Weinberg:
"Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it, you'd have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. For good people to do evil things, it takes religion."
What a load of crap.
Good people don't do evil things, period.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#574365 Dec 17, 2012
Laconic Assassins wrote:
the Bible says that the world is a sphere
Nope. Whatever shape the biblical world is, it's entire surface is visible from above it, it has edges, it has corners, and it is firmly fixed from below by pillars. Sometimes, instead of having corners, it is said to have a circular shape, and once it is said to be hung or suspended, perhaps like a light fixture.

Nowhere is the earth called a ball, sphere or globe, nowhere does your bible say that it is untethered, nowhere does it say that it is turning 360°/day or that it is orbiting the sun.

FAIL.
Laconic Assassins wrote:
and it was a stated as a scientific fact that the world was flat.
No it wasn't. You don't appear to know what scientific means. Eratosthenes gave us our first scientific assessment of the earth's scale and shape in the third century BCE based on the shadows made simulaneously in Syene and Alexandria. From http://scienceblogs.com/startswithabang/2011/... :

"And — like any good scientist — Eratosthenes did the experiment. By measuring the length of the shadow cast by a vertical stick during the solstice noon, he could figure out what angle the Sun made with the vertical direction at Alexandria

"In perhaps a stroke of genius, Eratosthenes realized that the Sun’s rays could all be parallel, and that the Earth could be curved!

"Eratosthenes went on to become the world’s first geographer, inventing the concepts of latitude and longitude that we still use today, and constructed the first models and maps based on a spherical Earth."

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#574366 Dec 17, 2012
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
uneducated question.
it has no answer
define "egg"
??

You don't know what an egg is?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#574367 Dec 17, 2012
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text> I know.
<quoted text> I know, and you're going to point that out in the next part of your statement.
<quoted text> I'm not comparing Christianity >to> Judaism.
I never have. This an example of you not understanding, again.
<quoted text> Christianity is based upon the Jesus being the messiah, and it was never prophesied in the OT there would be a resurrection.
The Messiah was to appear and accomplish all things attributed to that character in one normal lifetime. Co, the Jesus is not the Messiah.
If you want to just start with the Jesus as a different deity and originator of a new religion, more power to you, and I agree that's the case
<quoted text>Right, because the Jesus did not fulfill Judaic prophecy. This isn't a comparison, this is a fact. The Jews weren't being stubborn, there was a reason they did not accept the Jesus as the prophesied Messiah.
<quoted text>
I never said you were.
Another example of your lack of comprehension.
Still going on about Jewsm huh?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#574368 Dec 17, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep fckin that chicken.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =ss8LDBNcsWcXX
I hope the chicken made it out alive.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#574369 Dec 17, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Are you serious? That's absolutely disgusting, and I am not being hyperbolic in the slightest bit. That is atrocious. I am not even sure I can think of a single thing that would justify the deaths of nearly a million completely innocent people - yet you claim that some vague (and untrue) mission to "spread democracy" and "oust a dictator" as adequate justification.
And what long term effects? What do you think we have accomplished there? We created a quagmire in which thousands of americans have lost their lives and many, many times more iraqis have lost theirs. We have engendered hatred toward america in many parts of the world, and even those that don't hate us have come to distrust and dislike us. We have created a breeding ground for "insurgents," and we have created a cause célèbre that extremists around the world can use as recruiting material. The cost to american taxpayers has been astronomical, and it has reduced trust in the american government both home and abroad.
All this so that a few contractors could get filthy rich, so that bush jr. could make his daddy proud by "finishing" bush the elder's job in iraq, so that we could gain access to oil that has now been made more or less irrelevant by the shale fracking industry, and so that we could build and maintain a military base in the middle east (which will only inflame the situation further, imagine if iran invaded canada and built a base there).
Worth it? Really?
Yes. Worth it.

Absolutely.

Look at the prosperity Japan is having, even after the "quagmire" of nukes used in WWII.....

Iraq will benefit from us in the long term.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#574370 Dec 17, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
You keep saying that 0-0=0.
Prove it.

Go 'head.
Show me how to subtract zero from zero....
I'll wait.
Sharkey wrote:
<quoted text>Show you?
You mean you really can't substract 0 from 0?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Oh, my SIDES!
Did you graduate from nursery school?
You're pathetic.
So........ You can't?

Then shut up.

Fennario

#574371 Dec 17, 2012
BadBreathBruce wrote:
A question for any atheist (not just you, Sharkey) out there in Cyberspace: 100 PERCENT of all NDEs (Near Death Experiences) have resulted in the ones who have experienced them saying to us on Earth, that they saw a HEAVEN or a HELL - usually a long, long, tunnel leading to either of these two places. Now, WHY has there NEVER been anyone who had an NDE say, "I SAW NO HEAVEN AND NO GOD AND/OR NO HELL AND NO SATAN"?? Can anyone answer me that?? I Would like to know.
First, establish these claims as being at least reasonable likely. And please include a credible account of somebody who never heard of the Christian heaven or hell that claimed to see them.

I guess that you can't conceive of any naturalistic explanation for people getting tunnel vision in near death circumstances. I can, but I'm trained in that. You'd have to know a little about the neuroanatomy and vasculature of the visual pathway. Check it: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons...

Notice that the fibers coming out of the backs of the eyeballs from the retina form the two optic nerves. As these fibers approach the neural bridge called the optic chiasm, only the ones indicated in blue enter thechiasm and cross over to the other side. Notice that these fibers originated in the part of the retina closest to the nose - the nasal retina - and are oriented to pick up light from the lest and right peripheral fields of vision.

By contrast, the fibers from the temple side of each retina see the center of the field of vision, and do not enter the chiasm or cross over.

Now, lets look at the cerebral blood supply around the optic chism at http://what-when-how.com/wp-content/uploads/2... You can see that there is no midline blood supply at the level of the chiasm as there is on the pons below it. The chiasm is supplied by the two posterior communicating arteries on either side of it, making the central part of the chiasm furthest from the blood source, and most sensitive to hypoxemia (low blood oxygen levels) and hypotension (low blood pressure and poor perfusion).

So, poor perfusion of the chiasm leads to loss of peripheral vision through ischemia of the crossing fibers there. That very well may be why tunnel vision ensues.

The natural is fascinating, isn't it? Now you know.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#574372 Dec 17, 2012
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that funny? It is widely reported that there are no records of Jews having been in Egypt. Egypt tends to have a lot of records that have been found there, yet none of them talk about Jews being slaves in that country. Perhaps that could be that they were so humiliated that they ran away that they wanted to cover it up, but somehow I find that rather not a good explanation.
"It is widely reported...." i reject your religion and its lying reporters/false prophets

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#574374 Dec 17, 2012
<quoted text>
God separated the Jews? Do you mean freed them?
That's mythology. Archeology doesn't support an Egyptian captivity, a Moses, or an exodus.
<quoted text>
I know much of what your bible claims. But I don't acknowledge its authority.
<quoted text>
War? What war? You and me? Religon vs. irreligiosity?
I hope that you and I aren't at war. I'm not at war with you. I kind of like you, although I understand that it is impossible for you to like somebody like me. The most I can expect is civility,and you have given me that, as I hope I have given you.
As for our different belief systems, they are at war - a culture war. Your church has held cultural hegemony in that department for eons, so, a lot is at stake: who will decide what normal, decent people believe in American culture.
Should decent people hate atheists? They should by your paradigm, but not by ours - secular humanists. If I'm right, watch for that to change.
I think that your church has been mortally wounded, probably the last nail coming from the advent of the Internet. It's still kicking hard, but it is fading, and it appears judging by its trajectory over the last few decades that it won't stop atrophying before it becomes irrelevant.
I hope that that is correct. If it is, it's a tale of suicide, not murder. Your church had all the power once, and we haven't even had a voice until recently. We didn't take that. We couldn't.
But now that we have a voice, however we got it, we're going to chime in and push this baby along.
"I know much of what your bible claims. But I don't acknowledge its authority"

i came out from being a slave of the kingdom of darkness and i reject any of its authority over me

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#574375 Dec 17, 2012
<quoted text>
OK. I rejected the ghost, too.
i'm very sorry to hear that! bye bye now....

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#574376 Dec 17, 2012
Sharkey wrote:
<quoted text>Africa is not a country, doof.
ALL HUMANS should talk about slavery - from corporate slaves to sexual slaves. It goes on all around the world, so don't try to single out Africa and pull some racist sh!t up.
Your church must have taught you to be racist against blacks. They told you the Christian god hates blacks and that they deserve to be slaves. Members of your church must have burned the cross of the black church in your jackleg town.
You are a "slave" to the twisted thinking of Chrisitanity.
lots of unfounded accusations and mean-spirited insults here. do what ya gotta do; your time is very short

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#574377 Dec 17, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Start wiping you ass with your hand like they did 1,000 years ago, THEN you can use the "X" as an excuse for saying Xmas......
Merry Xmas!

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#574378 Dec 17, 2012
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that about the same time that the Orcs and Trolls were marching out of Mordor or was that later?
if you really want to know, you'll have to ask a jewish scholar about their history. besides the Bible, they have a lot of preserved collaborating documentation regarding their ancestory. but as an anthropologist (under your hidingfromyou sock) you should know these things. LMAO:)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#574379 Dec 17, 2012
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
But...but...but you said the god created flawed people. Lessen learned. Stupid rib people.
but but you've made choices hide-tam!

Fennario

#574380 Dec 17, 2012
BadBreathBruce wrote:
MAY I just add: Even If one had an NDE and only went as far as leaving their PHYSICAL BODY and floated up above it (say above the operating table in the op theater at a hospital), THEN came back in to their physical body again, and never went as far as seeing Heaven or Hell, THEN THAT would STILL prove to them - and to the ones they tell their experience to - that Heaven/God and Hell/Devil DO exist!!
And they'd still be jumping to conclusions. Even if we stipulate to an afterlife, how would "proof" of heaven not be identical to proof of no heaven? Maybe it's "proof" Valhalla or Olympus. Or of cerebral ischemia in a watershed area. http://legalmedicalexhibits.com/60017-watersh...

Fennario

#574381 Dec 17, 2012
And if people are burning your churches down, maybe you should examine yourselves.
nanoanomaly wrote:
I see you are still defending arson, which is a felony in the U.S., yet you would howl righteously enough if one of your meeting places went up in flames. Only a lunatic would approve of arson as a means of censorship.
Read it again, Buttercup.

I don't condone arson, but I do understand why people want your churches gone. You make it too tempting. They generate so much hatred, strife, division, scapegoating, guilt and misery.

Even Jehovah got into the act. Touchdown Jesus, a graven image in Monroe, OH, went up in flames after being stricken by lightning. It was quite a spectacle. As soon as you see him, you'll know why they called him TDJ:
&fe ature=related

Incidentally, the adult bookstore right across the street was spared.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min Just Think 685,908
Extra Fertility meds for sale: Gonal f and menopur (Sep '12) 5 min Karen 13
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 6 min UMORONRACEMAKEWOR... 27,020
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 37 min Jake999 6,454
Mark Cubans Powerball winner to say "NO!!" 56 min Doctor REALITY 2
solar eclipse a sign of the growing foolishness... 1 hr Corvus 2
Anyone know nicole horne that works at family d... 3 hr My Comment 5
More from around the web