Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#574058 Dec 16, 2012
Susie wrote:
<quoted text>In retrospect Mao killed million and he was atheist. The Holocaust was not a Christian act so stop pretending it was; it was an act of crazy men
oh I see when a christian kills millions its the act of a crazy man, not a christian...
but when an atheist kills millions its because he's an atheist.

do I have you right????

of course it couldn't possibly be for political/power reasons right

BTW there are plenty of quotes from Hitler on why he wanted to eliminate the Jewish population, most of them are related to his christianity
Susie

Slippery Rock, PA

#574060 Dec 16, 2012
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
please take some history lessons....really. Russia made the biggest contributions to defeating Nazi Germany in WWII.
approximately 25 million Russians lost there lives in WWII
The Battle of Stalingrad was a big turning point, a whole German army was destroyed along with Romanian and Italian units.
The Battle of Kursk was another major victory
we played a part....but Russia played a bigger part
Ihave.. Russia was on the brink of being crushed when in 1941 America entered into the war. America went from a peace time country to a war machine in a 0-60 simulation.

If America didn't enter WW2 then eventually Germany would have taken Europe and Japan would have taken the Pacific.

France was taken out early so there's only 2 other strong Allies; Britain and Soviet Union.Both were at the point of crumling by 1941

German would have taken out Soviet because if D-Day didn't occur then the Soviets would had had to push them all the way back to France instead of Berlin. Soviets would had lost many more soldiers in an already deadly battle.

Japan would take Asia and then support their allies which was Germany and Italy. And with Japan's help, they would definitely take out Soviets first then Britain.

I mean the war began in 1939, America entered in late 1941; basically 1942 three years later and ended 1945. Six years of battle and only 3 years of America involvement.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#574063 Dec 16, 2012
Susie wrote:
<quoted text>A culture condoned slavery and it was the culture and no I do not condone slavery. However, our country would not be rich in culture or where we are today without slaves in the background. It is sad/horrific people had to go through the process but slavery made America what it is today and we own past slave a debt of gratitude. Our country would lack the African culture such as music and dance; no hip hop, jazz or rock and roll. I could go on and on but you will turn what I said into something negative and by all means past slaves gave America something positive that without them our country would not be so diverse. We can thank slaves like Fredrick Douglas for the woman's movement that was slow moving but would have halted completely and black's in America would be basically nonexistent and what few would have still come later would still be living in the 50's mentality. So slaves served a higher purpose; they helped shite man see the value and importance of equality.
That last sentence a typo?
Susie

Slippery Rock, PA

#574064 Dec 16, 2012
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
oh I see when a christian kills millions its the act of a crazy man, not a christian...
but when an atheist kills millions its because he's an atheist.
do I have you right????
of course it couldn't possibly be for political/power reasons right
BTW there are plenty of quotes from Hitler on why he wanted to eliminate the Jewish population, most of them are related to his christianity
No, you don't have me right.. I was making a point and you clearly missed it. People kill because they are nuts and religious or non-religious affliction has nothing at all to do with it. Sometimes you have to turn the table to wake people up, but you remain asleep. i am guessing you took some sleeping pills because you totally missed the mark

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#574065 Dec 16, 2012
lightbeamrider wrote:
Chapter and verse. Both Old and New. Where they are directed to stone children and where Paul told them to stop.
I already gave you the New Testament scripture where Paul contradicted Jesus on Old Testament law. You can easily find the Old Testament scripture yourself. I have in the past.
lightbeamrider wrote:
Pagans were getting married to their sisters, having sex with animals, practiced pedestry, brutal forms of slavery, homosexuality infanticide and abortion.

You show us any ancient reference where anyone spoke out against slavery?
Why? Are you arguing that you were no worse than the pagans? Maybe. That's hardly a coveted endorsement, however.

BTW, I think that the word that you wanted was "pederasty."
It aint necessarily so wrote:
Your so called god gets zero credit for coming up with anything worth keeping. People already knew not to lie or murder, and to obey the Golden Rule long before your religion existed. What else is in that book worth preserving? Is there even one original idea in it worth keeping? If so, I don't know what it is.

<dropping pin clearly audible>
It aint necessarily so wrote:
So, as a matter of record, it is you throwbacks that are the ethical parasites. You have given us nothing. And there are still a few Christian values that need to be purged from Western culture: your hatred of mankind, your estrangement from the real material world, your hatred of science, your scapegoating of gays and atheists, your antisemitism, your misogyny, and your guilt provoking and frigidity producing sexual prudery for starters.
lightbeamrider wrote:
Not very tolerent and understanding
there.
I have zero tolerance for your church where it has overstepped its bounds.
lightbeamrider wrote:
Did you have a bad night?
It was a bad two millennia. I only caught the tail end of it.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#574067 Dec 16, 2012
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't refute me, can you?
Whatever floats your boat, Patty.

We all know you'll never let facts interfere with your reality.
Susie

Slippery Rock, PA

#574069 Dec 16, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
That last sentence a typo?
This is not an educational forum or worthy of my time to care about ot correct typo's. If you're "A" typcail then don't read my post.. I never once claimed to have word perfect post and it is pointless to point out typy's and errors. What does it prove??

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#574070 Dec 16, 2012
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text>all i have to do is get you in a discussion about the Bible and absent your sources and i get no response.
.. you're being intellectually dishonest. Again. You were engaged by numerous posters, on numerous levels, regarding slavery ..

.. your rebuttals consisted of personal attacks, justification for the practice and interpretation of scripture to validate your position ..

.. you cannot claim victory when you failed to address the counterpoints ..

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#574072 Dec 16, 2012
Susie wrote:
<quoted text>You say this in your mocking tone and you want me to take you seriously?? I mean your stance is basically if we are not like you were are wrong?? How is that intellect or understanding?? You have yet to make a valid point Carl.. Karl or whatever you changed your moniker too. It all boils down to the same old boring stuff without a new twist at all. This is old; bring on the new clowns please or at least some new material. I do not need help; I need a good laugh and you are boring!
Have you ever had an atheist tell you that you were going to be tortured for all eternity for not "being like him"?
Susie

Slippery Rock, PA

#574073 Dec 16, 2012
Laconic Assassins wrote:
<quoted text>No, what he is claiming is that 3 years of losing and the 25 million dead Russian, is what won the war. In his mind, if 25 million more Russians would have died by 1945, then the war would have still ended. He can not comprehend the difference between winning and losing.
No, he actually was claiming Russia played a bigger role than the US in winning WWII. How can you not comprhend?

In retrospect does anyone really win a war??

With Established Harem

#574074 Dec 16, 2012
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
there are some that say christianity came from other mythologies that preceded it. same story, different names and location
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> That has been addressed many times here and no scholar in relevant field take any of that seriously.
.. you are being intellectually dishonest. Again ..

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#574075 Dec 16, 2012
Susie wrote:
<quoted text>I am sorry I believe in integrity, honesty, the value of humanity, charity, love, kindness, compassion and all that Jesus represented. I am sorry you donít. I guess I should just abandoned those ideas and be like you; the world would be better off right?
I mean those are my morals and I guess it is just wrong to be honest, care about people and try to do what I think is right and be helpful and giving.
I agree with all of the things you said, and pretty much believe in all those too, except NOW, I don't believe that a real God exists. I also do not agree with wholesale legal abortions, though we have them here, but they were once illegal, but I neither fight against them, nor demonstrate against them, in any manner. I just think that most (which the stats claims is in excess of 90%) are for selfish reasons and not for the welfare of the mother, or the problem of a horribly damaged child being born.

The person who first hired Billy Graham to work for an organization which he helped create, and he himself was an evangelist, which at the beginning would have become what Billy Graham did become, was a very well known Canadian journalist and tv personality, and author, Charles Templeton. He eventually left Christianity, as he could see that much of the evangelism was hypocrisy, and also, though reports differ, he was either a confirmed atheist, or agnostic, during the latter part of his life.

I find Templeton's story is quite similar to the former American evangelist, Dan Barker, who currently speaks, writes, and debates, about his changing from a devout minister to not believing in a god.
berserker

Lodi, CA

#574076 Dec 16, 2012
Apocalypse666 wrote:
Come on and do it.
Prove there's a god.
Don;t read off scripture or anything like that just prove there's a god.
All I can say is..prove that there is not a god.(just my opinion) There does appear to be some kind of (universal mind) Not a christian God, or Amen ra..just a universal mind that edgar cayce stated that anyone could tap into for knowledge.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#574077 Dec 16, 2012
Susie wrote:
<quoted text>That is good for you... Strange twist of fate. I am a recovering atheist.
I spent half my life in the dark and misguiding people about faith and telling people what I know to be a dark lie.
I woke up to the light and I am sorry to say you are in the dark now and I am not sure if there is a return once you were in the light... I hope so :) Although, I am not convinced you were a Christian. Once in the light you would never want to leave. So maybe you just thought you were something you wasnít.. sort of living your own lie. I am glad you found your way and I am even more happy I found mine :)
Trying to believe in god again would be like trying to believe in Santa again.

Once free of dogma, going back is not possible.

At least not without suffering some kind of brain injury.

With Established Harem

#574078 Dec 16, 2012
Susie wrote:
<quoted text> Actually, they do not know more than I realize about the Bible; you cannot read a book about faith and understand the concept of faith and all that God represents if you do not had faith or God in your life. They read words and recite them back and miss the meaning I meaning totally; they lack important comprehension that is needed in understanding the Bible. For example, I can read a book about rocket science and recite it back word for word, however without the background needed and the understanding what I say just becomes words and makes no sense to an actually rocket scientist. I am not here to give them understanding either because they will spew it out. Iím here for entertainment; Iím bored!
.. your handlers have you well trained ..

Fennario

#574079 Dec 16, 2012
Susie wrote:
we own past slave a debt of gratitude.

So slaves served a higher purpose; they helped shite man see the value and importance of equality.
Nobody does typos like you.
Susie wrote:
Our country would lack the African culture such as music and dance; no hip hop, jazz or rock and roll. I could go on and on
Great list. You forgot bling and afros.

Fennario

#574080 Dec 16, 2012
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
wow for someone who professes to know their religion and bible you are somewhat lacking

All who curse their father or mother must be put to death. They are guilty of a capital offense.(Leviticus 20:9 NLT)
Whoever strikes his father or mother shall be put to death.(Exodus 21:15 NAB)

From there Elisha went up to Bethel. While he was on his way, some small boys came out of the city and jeered at him. "Go up baldhead," they shouted, "go up baldhead!" The prophet turned and saw them, and he cursed them in the name of the Lord. Then two shebears came out of the woods and tore forty two of the children to pieces.(2 Kings 2:23-24 NAB)

Make ready to slaughter his sons for the guilt of their fathers; Lest they rise and posses the earth, and fill the breadth of the world with tyrants.(Isaiah 14:21 NAB)
Thanks. I didn't feel like looking it up again.

Those she bears can be a bitch. Did you hear about the two kids that had just called the prophet, "Thou bald head! A bald head hast thou!" when suddenly, a she bear appeared. Little Zephaniah told his buddy Zechariah how glad he was to be wearing his running sandals strapped up his calf. Zech scoffingly told Zeph that he was nuts if he thought that he was going to outrun a she bear, to which Zeph replied with a slight smirk, "I don't need to outrun the bear. I just have to outrun you!"

<rimshot>
berserker

Lodi, CA

#574081 Dec 16, 2012
Apocalypse666 wrote:
No the point was prove it to be fact.
I believe there is no god because common sense dictates there isn't one.
So if it is a fact then prove it.
Saying you have to believe is no different than Santa Clause.
So prove that god is real and is a factual being.
If he is real then you can prove it.
If he is not then you cannot prove it.
I can see that you are a blind fool. You can only see no further than the end of your nose. We humans (thankfuly) are not the greatest thing this universe has ever seen..no we are the least..the most savage. Ancient texts teach us many things that people such as yourself scoff at due to your deluded western false beleife system.Go to the web site..(mars anomalies) this site shows clear eveidence of NASA image tampering hiding ancient structures and other artifacts. There is only one and we are all part of it, the universe, we are of it and in it, part of god as surely as he is part of us. Time is an illusion, there is no time..it is all happening now, the ever present now. Size is an illusion, there is no (largest space, or smallest). We are in a holographic universe and something, or someone is creating it second by second. This is a sound theory. It is proven that the mear act of looking at particles changes them. There is overwhelming evidence of life after death, the astral body, other dimensions...including other beings. But no, fools such as yourself discount thousands of years of ancient history and even what is before you. You are a blind fool who will never be able to see and understand more than a crumb of creation

With Established Harem

#574082 Dec 16, 2012
Doozer wrote:
<quoted text>
I can learn to make a watch of my own. Can I learn to become a god of my own?
.. yes ..

“ Knight Of Hyrule”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#574083 Dec 16, 2012
Susie wrote:
<quoted text>Ihave.. Russia was on the brink of being crushed when in 1941 America entered into the war. America went from a peace time country to a war machine in a 0-60 simulation.
If America didn't enter WW2 then eventually Germany would have taken Europe and Japan would have taken the Pacific.
France was taken out early so there's only 2 other strong Allies; Britain and Soviet Union.Both were at the point of crumling by 1941
German would have taken out Soviet because if D-Day didn't occur then the Soviets would had had to push them all the way back to France instead of Berlin. Soviets would had lost many more soldiers in an already deadly battle.
Japan would take Asia and then support their allies which was Germany and Italy. And with Japan's help, they would definitely take out Soviets first then Britain.
I mean the war began in 1939, America entered in late 1941; basically 1942 three years later and ended 1945. Six years of battle and only 3 years of America involvement.
You are as enlightened as a 1/4 watt bulb.
America didn't win the war alone and never would have. Last time I checked there were Australia , Canada , UK, France, USSR, China, Poland, Netherlands, Yugoslavia, and Mexico and switching sides Italians fighting Hitler also.

We defeated Japan, and played the major role in pushing the war machine back into Germany.
"with the help of those countries mentioned"
Russia played a Major role and without our help would have still defeated Germany , we just made it easier for them to do so.

England would have never fell , but lacked the same weakness to take Germany. Hence they fought to stalemate repeatedly.
We only made it possible to defeat the Germans on their own ground.
America wasn't the lone savior , the world fought hard to save itself.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min June VanDerMark 589,361
REAL Contemporary Instrumental Music!! 4 min pusherman_ 31
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 20 min Clearwater 176,760
No one should blaspheme Prophet Mohammad, peace... 24 min Liam 424
Who will be in the NBA Finals?? 27 min Doctor REALITY 4
E-commerce boom 27 min stephenbrown1 1
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 45 min Naveen kumar 1,428
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 1 hr Vinamese 4,083
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Pegasus 271,264
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 6 hr The swamiji 7,155
More from around the web