“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#573826 Dec 15, 2012
Susie wrote:
<quoted text>Actually Susie does not REPLACE Christ with an X so that makes me a TRUE Christian..
In ancient Christian art, &#967; and &#967;&#961; are abbreviations for Christ's name.

The word "Christ" and its compounds, including "Christmas", have been abbreviated in English for at least the past 1,000 years, long before the modern "Xmas" was commonly used. "Christ" was often written as "XP" or "Xt"; there are references in the Anglo-Saxon Chronicle as far back as 1021. This X and P arose as the uppercase forms of the Greek letters &#967; (Ch) and &#961; (R) used in ancient abbreviations for &#935;&#961;&#953; &#963;&#964;&#959; &#962; (Greek for "Christ"),[2] and are still widely seen in many Eastern Orthodox icons depicting Jesus Christ. The labarum, an amalgamation of the two Greek letters rendered as &#9767;, is a symbol often used to represent Christ in Catholic, Protestant, and Orthodox Christian Churches.[18]

The Oxford English Dictionary (OED) and the OED Supplement have cited usages of "X-" or "Xp-" for "Christ-" as early as 1485. The terms "Xtian" and less commonly "Xpian" have also been used for "Christian". The OED further cites usage of "Xtianity" for "Christianity" from 1634.[2] According to Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of English Usage, most of the evidence for these words comes from "educated Englishmen who knew their Greek".[11]

In ancient Christian art, &#967; and &#967;&#961; are abbreviations for Christ's name.[19] In many manuscripts of the New Testament and icons, &#935; is an abbreviation for &#935;&#961;&#953; &#963;&#964;&#959; &#962;[citation needed], as is XC (the first and last letters in Greek, using the lunate sigma);[20] compare IC for Jesus in Greek.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xmas

Can you say "duh"?
Susie

Slippery Rock, PA

#573827 Dec 15, 2012
Sharkey wrote:
<quoted text>"God" wouldn't need a reason to "be patient" if he had done things right in the first place and made us perfect from the very beginning so that "rules" and "discipline" wouldn't be needed because nothing bad would ever happen and no one would do anything bad.
There would be no such thing as a devil or evil or wrong. Everything would be perfect and right forever and there would be no such concept as death or suffering or sickness.
A real god would not have created a devil or evil. A "god" who creates such things has its own inherent evil.
Susie, your god is inherently evil. Where ELSE does "satan" come from? That's right - your "perfect" god created "perfect" evil!
We have freewill so we brought imperfection into our own life. When man decided to make the wrong choice satan came in.. We all have a choice.. A perfectly organized world of choices that can cause evil and goodness.

So do you really want to live in a world like you described and be a puppet and not think for yourself and think thatís perfection?? That is weird??
However, that explains why you don't think; you can't in your world..

Location hidden

#573828 Dec 15, 2012
Susie wrote:
<quoted text>I have yet to have a conflict with another Christian on this board. Why do you want to spread falsehoods? I hope you do not represnt the whole of atheist or agnostics with your lies. Like I stated.. X does NOT replace My Christ and any Christian who would x out Christ is NOT Christian and I am not allowing you to do this with me.. Sorry, My Jesus will not be x'ed out by me.. Therefore, you must be talking about a marvel comic NOT Jesus!
See that's what I mean about each one of you having your own little beliefs , but like it or not the X has been used for well over a thousand years to denote the word "Christ" . By Christians or Xtians in Xianity .
Susie

Slippery Rock, PA

#573829 Dec 15, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> You remove nothing but a few letters ,it's what we call an abbreviation. I know it's pretty hard to understand , it being so complicated and all.
I looked it up and abbreviation consist of the letters in the word.. X is not a J-E-S-U-S or C-H-R-I-S-T.. The letter X is used to remove as in x out or to mark a mistake.. teacher concept you might not understand.. Totally not used in an abbreviation alone. I know it is a hard concept, but it is the truth.
Susie

Slippery Rock, PA

#573830 Dec 15, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
See that's what I mean about each one of you having your own little beliefs , but like it or not the X has been used for well over a thousand years to denote the word "Christ" . By Christians or Xtians in Xianity .
No, it has been used by atheist and agnostics to denounce not denote Christ. Christians do not x out Jesus. I know the history behind the X and the Greek roots dude, but I also know your intent here along with other atheist and I am not falling for it.

Location hidden

#573831 Dec 15, 2012
Susie wrote:
<quoted text>I looked it up and abbreviation consist of the letters in the word.. X is not a J-E-S-U-S or C-H-R-I-S-T.. The letter X is used to remove as in x out or to mark a mistake.. teacher concept you might not understand.. Totally not used in an abbreviation alone. I know it is a hard concept, but it is the truth.
You're delusional.
Christianity is a a Greek Roman invention hunny.

http://www.religionfacts.com/christianity/sym...

The Chi-Rho (pronounced "KEE-roe") is a Christian symbol consisting of the intersection of the capital Greek letters Chi (&#935;) and Rho (&#929;), which are the first two letters of "Christ" in Greek (&#935;&#929;&#921 ;&#931;&#932;&#927 ;&#931;, Christos). The Chi-Rho can represent either Christ or Christianity and is also known as a Christogram.
Chi-Rho

Chi-Rho

The Chi-Rho is also known as the labarum, which is based on the Latin word laureum, "military standard." This is based on Constantine's application of the Chi-Rho symbol to his military standard after receiving his famous vision before the Battle of the Milvian Bridge in 312.

The church historian Eusebius, who spoke with the emperor about his experience, described the standard:

"On the top of the whole was fixed a wreath of gold and precious stones, and within this the symbol of the Saviour's name, two letters indicating the name of Christ by means of the initial letters, the letter X intersection P at the center."
Susie

Slippery Rock, PA

#573832 Dec 15, 2012
For me I follow Christ.. Not an X.. I am Christian.. not xtian.. I do not replace the English version X for Christ... If I were Greek or lived a 1000 years ago we may be having a differnt conversation but this is America and the English X is a sigh of removal..
YepYep

Australia

#573833 Dec 15, 2012
I play with an ouji board.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#573834 Dec 15, 2012
Susie wrote:
<quoted text>Really?? the world has doubled in size in the past 40 years. Human's are not in danger of becoming extinct unless communistic atheist have their way. I actually thought it was the manifesto of the communistic atheist beliefs that was out murder millions for following God and wishing to rule the world.
WTF?

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#573835 Dec 15, 2012
Susie wrote:
<quoted text>No.. Not an xtian and never heard of it :) sorry.. you are wrong and your website doesn't say anything about me?? I am a Christian. I follow Christ and I have no clue who this x guy is to even follow him.. Did he appear in the move the X-Men??
Please be joking.

Location hidden

#573836 Dec 15, 2012
Susie wrote:
<quoted text>No, it has been used by atheist and agnostics to denounce not denote Christ. Christians do not x out Jesus. I know the history behind the X and the Greek roots dude, but I also know your intent here along with other atheist and I am not falling for it.
Now you are just being stubborn , because you are wrong and wont admit it.

There is nothing nefarious about using the X as a abbreviation.
It's symbolism that is fully made into the Vatican and the Holy Church there.

Look at it from above here.

https://maps.google.com/maps...
Susie

Slippery Rock, PA

#573837 Dec 15, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Please be joking.
Life is a joke Tim; if you are not laughing; you're crying and I don't have tears. No need in being so serious on this forum; life is serious enough don't ya think?

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#573838 Dec 15, 2012
Susie wrote:
<quoted text>When my children come home late they get disciplined as I see fit especially if it happens time and again.. However, they know the rules and they do not break them; it is called respect and adoration. I mean really, is it sit fair to let their mother wait up and worry?? Nope!
I hate to see what your kids are like if they have no rules... no boundaries and or no discipline... Here is what you have to look forward to.. The real world is going to bit them in the butt or they will end up in prison one. We all have rules we must follow; like it or not that is life.
If God wasnít patient we would have all been dead by now.
i see you have confirmed your moral set

christianity is a failed moral system

and you are a representitive
Susie

Slippery Rock, PA

#573839 Dec 15, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Now you are just being stubborn , because you are wrong and wont admit it.
There is nothing nefarious about using the X as a abbreviation.
It's symbolism that is fully made into the Vatican and the Holy Church there.
Look at it from above here.
https://maps.google.com/maps...
Actually if I choose to think differently about the whole X thing than you that does not make me stubborn; it makes you stubborn for insisting I think the way you tell me to think. I am not Catholic so the Vatican has no bearing on me. Like I said before; you and I both know why you are using an x; just be honest about it.. please if you can :)

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#573840 Dec 15, 2012
Susie wrote:
<quoted text>Didn't you say that the Messiah would not be born of man according to the old Testiment?? Explain this then..
Isaiah 7:14 Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign: The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and will call him Immanuel. 700 B.C
and immanuel dies on a cross

and immanuel rises from the grave

and immanuel forgives sin

ahhhh

what were those verse numbers again?
Susie

Slippery Rock, PA

#573841 Dec 15, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> You're delusional.
Christianity is a a Greek Roman invention hunny.
http://www.religionfacts.com/christianity/sym...
The Chi-Rho (pronounced "KEE-roe") is a Christian symbol consisting of the intersection of the capital Greek letters Chi (&#935;) and Rho (&#929;), which are the first two letters of "Christ" in Greek (&#935;&#929;&#921 ;&#931;&#932;&#927 ;&#931;, Christos). The Chi-Rho can represent either Christ or Christianity and is also known as a Christogram.
Chi-Rho
Chi-Rho
The Chi-Rho is also known as the labarum, which is based on the Latin word laureum, "military standard." This is based on Constantine's application of the Chi-Rho symbol to his military standard after receiving his famous vision before the Battle of the Milvian Bridge in 312.
The church historian Eusebius, who spoke with the emperor about his experience, described the standard:
"On the top of the whole was fixed a wreath of gold and precious stones, and within this the symbol of the Saviour's name, two letters indicating the name of Christ by means of the initial letters, the letter X intersection P at the center."
AS I stated before I knew the GREEK history.. Infact I am almost positive I said this before you googled it...enough said! Move on.. Next Topic! In
Susie

Slippery Rock, PA

#573842 Dec 15, 2012
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
i see you have confirmed your moral set
christianity is a failed moral system
and you are a representitive
Thank You Karl.. You sound like a broken record. You have not changed a bit in two years.. NOT a compliment either. Can you guys come up with new material at all? Iím waiting on the whole spaghetti monster bit and flying pink elephants any minute now. You are old style!

Oh wait.. Where is X or oogah? MAybe they have something NEW to add?? I doubt it though.. disappointment and no challenge at all; that is why I leave :(
Susie

Slippery Rock, PA

#573843 Dec 15, 2012
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
and immanuel dies on a cross
and immanuel rises from the grave
and immanuel forgives sin
ahhhh
what were those verse numbers again?
You have google.. You use it often so look them up :)

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#573844 Dec 16, 2012
Susie wrote:
<quoted text>What is a do over? lol
A do over is when you say your kids don't do bad things but when they do bad things they get punished.

It's not illegal to give a do over.

I do it all the time.
Susie

Slippery Rock, PA

#573845 Dec 16, 2012
YepYep wrote:
I play with an ouji board.
Oh well, Karl plays with himself.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 9 min Dr_Zorderz 265,176
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 9 min truth 559,628
Snapchat nudes. Girls add me and will send back... (May '14) 13 min Clockmaker 35
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 13 min Remnant of 144000 39,349
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 24 min Classic 1,902
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 25 min Al Capone 5,111
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 30 min Ugly Truth from d... 605,040
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 59 min Lyndi 175,682
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr Blk Thndr 441,784
More from around the web