|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

Al Garcia wrote:
A good Christian friend Dan sent me this:
"Being an atheist is ok.
Being an atheist and shaming religion and spirituality as silly is not ok.
Being a Christian is ok
Being homophobic, misogynistic, racist, or otherwise hateful in the name of Christianity is not ok.
Being a reindeer is ok.
Bullying or excluding another reindeer because he has a shiny red nose is not ok"
Merry Christmas !:)
I disagree. Just because religious people hold their beliefs in great personal esteem does not mean that religion should be free from criticism. There is a difference between someone offering actual criticism and someone simply "making fun" of religion, however. I would argue that the former is totally and completely justifiable, and that it is ridiculous to claim that religious belief is in some sort of "criticism free" category of it's own, but I suppose I would agree that the latter is pretty much unnecessary.
Susie

Slippery Rock, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have traveled throughout West Virginia. If there is a Beckely, I apologize.
Coal miners have been horribly mistreated.
Buddy Ebsen was my neighbor.
I think you were trying to be nice and I am not trying to be rude; however, you went parachuting off the New River Gorge Bridge and white water rafting and you didn't even know what town you were in?? It was Beckley, WV or the outskirts anyway my friend; the heart of coal country. Buddy Ebsen was not from WV. He was from Florida and the TV show the Beverly Hillbillies was about oil wealth no coal… so I don't know what that analogy was about??? The Clampetts were not hillbillies from WV; they usually referred to their home region simply as "the Hills." But it was generally understood to be the Ozarks Southwestern Missouri and Northwestern Arkansas nowhere near WV.
Susie

Slippery Rock, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
I hate to break the news to you about Big G .
No news to break dear.. I know the difference and I accept it totally

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

Boss of the Inland Empire

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>I disagree. Just because religious people hold their beliefs in great personal esteem does not mean that religion should be free from criticism. There is a difference between someone offering actual criticism and someone simply "making fun" of religion, however. I would argue that the former is totally and completely justifiable, and that it is ridiculous to claim that religious belief is in some sort of "criticism free" category of it's own, but I suppose I would agree that the latter is pretty much unnecessary.
Criticism is not a bad thing, but trying to shame just for the sake of shaming is wrong.
Susie

Slippery Rock, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Darwin the Baptist wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Susie,
I agree that hatred is a plague of man in general and certainly didn't mean to imply that Christianity CAUSED the behavior. I've known some absolutely wonderful people who were Christian. I meant merely that I found it appalling and that it wasn't making their religion look very good.
(Although it could be argued that a religion's merits are reflected in what kind of people are "produced" by said religion... but wasn't intending to make that argument.)
Peace and nice meetin' you!
You already know me Darwin... Think... Susie... WV?? I have been gone for a couple of years to say the least..lol

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh my darlin, Clem..........
What? Just sayin :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =ayOMiJKdLtEXX
Huckleberry is always singing that song.

This has universal appeal:

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Susie

Slippery Rock, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
you are the victim of a hate cult
No, I'm just a Special Ed teacher.. Not a cult.. unless you are picking on autistic kids and mentally challenged children and that sounds like something you would do??
Susie

Slippery Rock, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
christianity is a failed moral system
and you are a representative.
You have no clue what my moral system is.. Do not pretned to either... I am hoping you are NOT the epitome of atheism.. please say no... please please please..

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> You have no objective standard for justice in th first place. You have a duty to declare what is unjust? LOL! Your evaluation of injustice carries no more weight than your opinion. You have to leech off objective standards while at the same time deny they really exist. That is schizophrenic. In the real world, might does make right. If you want to test that hypothesis just get in your car and run some red lights and speed down the road. Do it all the time until they catch you. Run some red lights. A man with a gun strapped to his side will pull you over and demand to see your Drivers License. If you smart off to him then you may get arrested which means you will be put in handcuffs and taken to jail. Might makes right!
So you see your god as a cosmic policeman with an attitude problem? Is that right?

Also, was hitler a moral character? After all, might makes right, right?
Susie

Slippery Rock, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
She knows. She's from West Virginia.
Actually I'm from Detroit.. When you assume.. you make and a$$ out yourslef..lol

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

Susie wrote:
<quoted text>What is truly unjust in all this is the “man” God created; not God.. man is unwilling to give the adoration and respect God deserves and starts crying like little 3 years old when LIFE happens. God does not promise a perfect life and we have FREEWILL. The silliest thing atheist and agonists presume about us God loving people is we are God’s puppets. You make your path; God can guide you but you ultimately are in charge of your own road. When that road is bumpy, God isn’t to blame for the pot holes; that part of life. I love Jesus and that is the path I choose and I don’t understand why it bothers atheist at all. Go down your road and live as you please. You want tolerance yet you don’t freely give the one thing you desire. If you are a parent, then you know punishing a child for what they do wrong is natural and if you keep repeating the offense then don't blame God for the punishent; you have been prewarned :)
So, do you torture your kids if they come home late one time too many?

And it actually seems like it's god the one who starts crying "when life happens." He creates us, gives us free will, and then reacts like an all powerful two year old when we don't "give him the adoration and respect he deserves." Would not an all powerful, all knowing, all loving being be a bit more... patient than that? Nope, the ones that upset him go straight to hell!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the heads up.
By the way, what's an "agonist"?
Her attempt at "antagonist?" We are the bad guys in her book of life.
Susie

Slippery Rock, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
Further east from you. Elkins. At least I'll save money on shoes. I hear they're optional in that state.:)
Elkins... wow! Now that is secluded, but very beautiful. I hope you like mountains if you move there.. it is close to the Maryland and Penn border in Northern WV.. I live in southern WV on the Ky and Ohio border.. I have shoes BTW...lol..

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Susie wrote:
<quoted text> It is someone who is not smart enough to recognize a spelling error and needs clarification. Agnostic for the lame of heart..lol.. This might refer to you specifically because I am SURE you never have typo's in all your perfection..LMAO
That clearly was not a spelling error.
Susie

Slippery Rock, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
I am a rational skeptic
christianity is a failed moral system
christianity preaches xenophobia and paranoia, and breeds hate
christianity is a death cult, that fosters hate.
Individuals who advance this vile philosophy need be shamed, discredited, and held responsible for the damage done to culture.
That made me laugh really hard.. You are the least rational person on here...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text>Nothing alleged about the crucifision. It happened. Deal with it.
Never stop posting. These little gems help get me through the day.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Susie wrote:
<quoted text>Nice to know like buttholes we all have opinions and your butthole reeks just like your opinion... The opinions you have... Well, they mean NOTHING in the grand scheme of things...
Does your butthole smell good?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Susie wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, yes, yes Catch..
She meant ONE monkey in particular possesing imperfection and I presume that to be you. Sorry you did not "catch" the pun in all that. Maybe you were too wrapped up under your little white sheet to understand the humor.. lol
I take it your mom was not an English teacher?
Susie

Slippery Rock, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's talk about 1 Corinthians 14
34 Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience as also saith the law.
35 And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.
Is that troubling?
It was the culture.. accepted then, troubling now.. Live and learn

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Susie wrote:
<quoted text>Actually I'm from Detroit.. When you assume.. you make and a$$ out yourslef..lol
Are you posting from West Virginia?

Did you assume that I was assuming to know where you were born or raised? Is that what you just did?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

475 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min KayMarie 536,834
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 2 min Falcon 651
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 5 min Faith 117,699
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 6 min Dr_Zorderz 259,030
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 6 min Neelakaran 910
Police face challenges and frustrations in manhunt (Sep '06) 25 min henu 164
Should Black People in the USA Leave America an... (May '13) 27 min Wanderer2452 528
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Helmut Prince von... 599,511
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr Freebird USA 172,886
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••