Prove there's a god.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#574098 Dec 16, 2012
Susie wrote:
<quoted text>In retrospect Mao killed million and he was atheist. The Holocaust was not a Christian act so stop pretending it was; it was an act of crazy men
They were a product of a Christian background, though, so they would have been raised with Christian values, and even if Hitler and a couple others were crazy, that doesn't mean that everyone in command or everyone fighting for Germany and doing what Hitler wanted was crazy, nor does it mean that none of them were Christians.

The actions of Geo Bush and Geo W. Bush, during their terms in office, were the actions of a madman too, but aren't they considered to have been Christians, or still are? Even the actions of the USA today, killing other human beings from non manned drones, which puts no lives on the American side in danger cannot be considered a Christian act, can they?

There have been many other wars that were fought by Christians against Christians, some of which are still going on, example Roman Catholics vs Church of England, in Ireland, and also the whole UK, and other parts of Europe as well. These wars were supposedly because of their differences in religious beliefs, yet all were Christian beliefs. I realize that often other than religious reasons were at the bottom, but the people who were doing the fighting would have felt they were out to kill RCs or to kill Anglicans.

“Seventh son”

Since: Dec 10

Will Prevail

#574099 Dec 16, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
OK.
I'm in London.
You sure swim fast, maybe you should go in the Olympics.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#574100 Dec 16, 2012
Susie wrote:
<quoted text>That is good for you... Strange twist of fate. I am a recovering atheist.
I spent half my life in the dark and misguiding people about faith and telling people what I know to be a dark lie.
I woke up to the light and I am sorry to say you are in the dark now and I am not sure if there is a return once you were in the light... I hope so :) Although, I am not convinced you were a Christian. Once in the light you would never want to leave. So maybe you just thought you were something you wasn’t.. sort of living your own lie. I am glad you found your way and I am even more happy I found mine :)
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Trying to believe in god again would be like trying to believe in Santa again.
Once free of dogma, going back is not possible.
At least not without suffering some kind of brain injury.
she posted a wholesale lie

she did so to dicredit my post, and to throw filth.

the poster is a troll, it is a christian troll, and an imaginative liar.

we can know she is lying, as she lacks the intellect to be "a true atheist"

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#574101 Dec 16, 2012
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Happy. Go to Jesus Christ (God) Thread. That is all addressed there as it relates to copycat theories. Two Christians, RN Student and Eddie Boyd is cleaning house. Go butt heads with them if your case is so strong. I recall you are heavy on Murdock. Here is what Bart Ehrman has to say in his book,''Did Jesus Exist?'' p.21
''Mythicists of this ilk should not be surprised that their views are not taken seriously by real scholars, that their books are not reviewed in scholarly journals, mentioned by experts in the field, or even read by them. The book is filled with so many factual errors and outlandish assertions that it is hard to believe that the author is serious. Her 'research' appears to have involved a number of nonscholarly books that say the same thing she is about to say and then quoting them. One looks in vain for a citation of a primary ancient source, and quotations from real experts (Elaine Pagals, chiefly) are ripped from their context and misconstrued.''
So lets not put lipstick on that pig.
.. if you do not believe any scholar has proven a correlation between myths and Christianity, read Joseph Campbell or Marija Gimbutas, two experts on mythology. Starbird and her ilk are trying to sell books, Pagals is right on ..

.. not trying to invalidate your beliefs. Only wish you would be more intellectually honest. If you haven't read scholarly books on myths, your knowledge is limited and you should not make unequivocal statements based on faith ..

.. sorry, my Topix time is limited, not enough hours in the day to visit every thread ..

“Seventh son”

Since: Dec 10

Will Prevail

#574102 Dec 16, 2012
Laconic Assassins wrote:
<quoted text>That only means one of two things, you have no scientific clue or you are losing so badly that you flounder. It is a scientific claim that the oldest known human ancester is 195 million year old Jurassic rat. Please try to catch up with the atheist lies.
To the contrary I not only regard you as gayafied and vile, I also consider you to be selectively ignorant emotionally / mentally disturbed and a parrot of nonsense , in short you are somewhere very close to the village idiot , but are partially by choice .
The rest is because of your illness and indoctrination.

I cant think of a more useless person

With Established Harem

#574103 Dec 16, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
OK.
I'm in London.
.. meeting Clem? Or, do you have another rendezvous in mind ??.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#574107 Dec 16, 2012
It aint necessarily so wrote:
I already gave you the New Testament scripture where Paul contradicted Jesus on Old Testament law. You can easily find the Old Testament scripture yourself. I have in the past.
i do not recall where any children were stoned to death for disobeying their parents or where Paul told anyone to stop the practice of stoning children to death.
Why? Are you arguing that you were no worse than the pagans? Maybe. That's hardly a coveted endorsement, however.
My post was in response to your quote.
IANS wrote:
Paul told you to stop stoning children. We are the ones who taught you to that it is wrong to burn people alive and to own or beat slaves.
Where did any of the ancients teach that? Now you are feigning ignorance and creating a phantom. See how you do that? I recall others confronting you on this exact same issue. Not only do you not back up any of your points but switch up the arguments to avoid responsibility or accountability for any of your outrageous claims.
I have zero tolerance for your church where it has overstepped its bounds.
Well work on your own issues. Start with responsibility and honesty. Cause i'm not seeing a lot of it in your posts.

Location hidden

#574108 Dec 16, 2012
Susie wrote:
<quoted text> I agree completely.. Atheism is not a description of a person and neither is Christianity. I am sure you love and respect your family for their faith even if you do not agree with it. I have seen post made on both sides that made me sick… I have been called names. I generally treat people how they treat me and I often turn the other cheek but I am human and nasty comments make even the best Christian hit back. I am not making excuses I am merely pointing out that some of the posters are actually just trying to pull out anger and they are seeking they flying of fur..lol.. I won’t go into names because you and I both know who they are. I am not sure I follow Jesus as a religion either but more of faith. I don't need an organized religion to see God. I am not putting you down, but that may be why you left and you missed the message Jesus meant to inspire. think hard how you felt before without just you and Jesus and without the hoolah of religion1
If I understand what you are saying (which would be my problem), I never had a relationship outside of my religion with Jesus, though I still agree with the things that the stories claim he taught, such as the Golden rule, being kind to your neighbors, and enemies, etc.

I agree that a person can have their own personal belief in a god, and not belong to any organized religion, but Christianity and Islam would require that you also participate in the community of their religions because that is part of what they believe.

People here who claim they are Christians but they don't attend church or belonged to any denomination, because they don't like the sinners who go there and the hypocrisy, are actually misrepresenting themselves, because though they say they are Christians, they are not. I don't believe any longer that it is necessary to be a Christian because I believe the basis for the religion is in man-made myths, but if one wants to be accepted as a Christian then one would have to follow what being a Christian represents, and that is to meet together to worship and to learn of God (and most importantly to kick in your money, because no organization can exist without funds).

Aside from the fanatical Bible thumpers, who think they are God's gift to the world and they must constantly proselytize, the main reason that churches go out into the world to find new members is they need to keep the membership role up or they will collapse as an organization (they can't afford a building, an organ, a minister, and everything else that entails - I know because I worked on a Church Board for at least 20 years, including as Chairman of the Board). The internal running of a congregation is very secular.

That is sort of like the young kid in the children's story about the Emperor (King) who wore no clothes (not the correct title), what we think we are as Christians (I mean those that still think that way) is not what others see us as.

Those here, and I think you said about the same, who most vehemently claim to be saved, and to 'Know God' would, IMO, looking at it from my former view as a Christian, some of the very worst examples in the world of Christianity.

I think the word "evil" would best describe the most fanatical on here who claim to be believers in God.
BadBreathBruce

Christchurch, New Zealand

#574109 Dec 16, 2012
<quoted text>
I'm kind of proud of science and the modern secular state, both of which had to wait for superstition and religion to die a little.
What does your church have to brag about?
My church doesn't brag. Enjoy your CHRISTmas!!

Location hidden

#574111 Dec 16, 2012
Susie wrote:
<quoted text>This is not a one size fits all world. We have to find what fits and wear it. I have chosen God and I believe in Jesus. I do not lack morals because I am Christian as the poster suggested. I do what is in my heart and that is what I pass on to my own children. Christianity does not me a moral person and anyone who says it does is not being honest. I do not actually like quoting the Bible but even the Bible say the road to hell is paved with good intentions and good moral people. Morality is not the issue but I chose to be a moral person anyway. I hope that does not sound egotistical; my point there is good in all of us as well as strong moral people in every belief or nonbelief. The moral highway is not exclusive to God in other words
No, it makes you sound like a good, thoughtful, and thinking person. I appreciate that response. I think I would like to think that it basically describes me too, but I now have to leave out the part about being a Christian, and about belief in a god. To claim I believe would be hypocritical.

Having said that, my mother called me today after she returned from church, and again mentioned, as she frequently does, how concerned she is that her oldest brother, who died 2 or 3 years ago, did not make his peace with God, as he had left the church in anger, over so personality conflicts with the minister (who is also now dead, as of very recently, and also they found out after she had transferred to another charge was also gay, and later married her lesbian lover). My mother is afraid that her brother will not make it to heaven where his parents, my father are, and she hopes to be. I try to just suggest that she not worry about him, as I feel he was a good man, but I will not get into a debate with her at her age and health, because that would break her heart.
BadBreathBruce

#574112 Dec 16, 2012
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
spoken by a person too cowardly to face reality,
who prostitutes reality to his imagination, in the hope of payment.
the formation of belief upon faith, is anti-intellectual, and worthy of no respect. Your penchant to deception, insures that you will never get the respect you desire, rather you will continue to be treated the way you deserve to be, and that is as an immature, liar, and coward.
Mee iss immatoor lyar an' cowid!! Mee iss immatoor lyar an' cowid!! Yoo iss ryte karl, yoo iss ryte.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#574114 Dec 16, 2012
kelliann wrote:
I was raised in church-all my life--daddy was a deacon in church-momma was a sunday school teacher--I strayed so bad--it aint funny--i became a stripper---I sinned, I drank the beer, I smoked the pot, I been married and divorced---I am a sinner!!!! But--I CAN TELL YOU GOD---JESUS IS REAL!!! MY child's car brokedown...we barely made it to New Middletown Baptist Church, I was at my wits end...The preacher told me he used to be an addict a drinker---he didn't judge me....I can NOT TELL U if JESUS is real--but I can tell u this--I was about to call it and end..I was am still at my wits end...but that preacher there....he makes me want to go to church Sunday, he is sooo real....I am still sinning....but I DO BELIEVE NOW THERE IS A HIGHER POWER
It sounds like you're dealing with a lot of shame.

Location hidden

#574115 Dec 16, 2012
christianity is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
non sequitor FALLACY
just bc something exist doesnt prove god did it.
www.godchecker.com
Not only does it not prove that God did it, but it doesn't even provide a hint that God might have done it. It is very definitely a non sequitor, and probably the biggest mistake that proselytizers seem to always make, which just weakens anything they are attempting to explain.

What I don't understand it why do these people who apparently have enough smarts to be able to use the internet make such a massive intellectual blunder?

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#574116 Dec 16, 2012
Happy Lesbo wrote:
.. if you do not believe any scholar has proven a correlation between myths and Christianity, read Joseph Campbell or Marija Gimbutas, two experts on mythology. Starbird and her ilk are trying to sell books, Pagals is right on ..
.. not trying to invalidate your beliefs. Only wish you would be more intellectually honest. If you haven't read scholarly books on myths, your knowledge is limited and you should not make unequivocal statements based on faith ..
.. sorry, my Topix time is limited, not enough hours in the day to visit every thread ..
Then make time cause all i am seeing from you is accusations of dishonesty. You do not formulate any argument. I will check out your sources cited. Their credentials etc. All you show is a lot of hat and no cattle. Where is the beef?
BadBreathBruce

#574119 Dec 16, 2012
Sharkey wrote:
<quoted text>Why would anything need to be "bragged about" like YOUR "god" seems to have an insatiable need for?
Why do you depict this "god" as some sort of glory hog? That's just too much HUMAN hubris for a real "god".
Like I said to karl44, my church - in fact, my religion - doesn't brag. It's you atheists that like to trumpet your achievements to the world, and show everyone how brilliant, fantastic, hip, trendy, and cool you all are. Yes, the sun shines out of your asses. You can do no wrong!! "Atheism is IT, MAN!!" Yeah, right.

Location hidden

#574122 Dec 16, 2012
Laconic Assassins wrote:
<quoted text>I know. I know. I was being fascious. If you go back and read, I said that with 25 million more Russians dead the world would have also ended, but with a defeat. Yes, countries do win a war, in the sense that battles are fought, land is claimed and people are conquered. The Civil War of the 1860s was a victory for independence, the WW11 win ended the holocaust and the War of Independence freed America from forced religion under the British crown, although the Vietnam Warand Gulf Wars had no victor.
While the Holocaust was a horrible criminal act, not really related to the war, as the people who were murdered were mainly non-combatants, there were 50 to 70 million people killed in that war, so it was not the main reason, nor was it a reason at all, for the allies fighting Germany, since most of the allied countries, including the USA and Canada, sent escaping Jews, back to be killed.

The Civil War killed more Americans than any war they have been in before or since,, and these were all their own people, and what did it end (probably the separation of some states that didn't want to be part of the USA, and also the end of legalized slavery, though the Blacks still lived under legal apartheid for almost another 100 years, and even today have not fully gained equality to non-Blacks in much of the USA.

Was it all good that the USA kept the 'slave states' in the union? It seems now it is mainly those same states that have been holding the USA back from coming into the 21st (and the 20th) century with the rest of the western world. I suppose in the sense that those states supply some cannon fodder for the many American-involved wars would be a positive, but can a war really be considered a positive, other than it keeps thousands of young Americans off the unemployment roles?

That was a big concern that got a lot of press in the USA, prior to Bush senior's war with Iraq back in the short-lived Gulf War. I can't recall whether it was 60 Minutes or some tv special, I watched, but the plight of the US military personnel following the end of the Cold War was the big issue, as there was less need for their services, and the pay was not even enough for some military families to barely survive on.

Location hidden

#574123 Dec 16, 2012
<quoted text>
I don't deny that.
Christians....
Thereafter, you simply marginalized and dehumanized us, declaring us unfit to serve as teachers, jurors and witnesses in court, elected officials, coaches, and adoptive parents. But that too is disappearing.
Today, you have to settle for keying our cars, harassing our children, boycotting our businesses, libeling and slandering us behind our backs, and cruelly executing our pets.
You have your nerve complaining that we want to silence you. I'll tell you what - we promise to use only argument, rebuke and ridicule, and never to burn you to death. Fair enough?
You are clearly a raging bigot who needs psych meds.

I've never given a second thought as to whether any teachers, coaches, etc., were atheists or theists.

Anybody who commits the acts you've mentioned were predisposed to hatred and would do the same thing whether they were believers or unbelievers. It's quite obvious that both sides own similar character traits.

I've never heard of anybody in any community I've lived in being ridiculed for being an atheist. You exaggerate.

Thanks for displaying your mania for everyone to see. If nothing else, you are a perfect example of a man with a persecution complex. That, and proof that intelligence does not preclude insanity and vice verse.

Location hidden

#574124 Dec 16, 2012
Laconic Assassins wrote:
<quoted text>Did you even bother to go to the link? I doubt it. I loved the one about Christian saints, since Christianity does not crown dead humans as saints, Catholics do that.
Why I don't understand is how a person, you, can debate on the Internet all day long about god not existing, then claim that your dad and grandparents are in heaven. That is a massive intellectual blunder and a major emotional crutch.
xD

With Established Harem

#574127 Dec 16, 2012
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Then make time cause all i am seeing from you is accusations of dishonesty. You do not formulate any argument. I will check out your sources cited. Their credentials etc. All you show is a lot of hat and no cattle. Where is the beef?
.. your religion has created an intellectual dishonesty. That's a fact, not an accusation ..

.. like your claims regarding Athanasius and Arius, your latest allegation that no scholar has ever shown a correlation between myths and Christianity is inaccurate. You made the avowal based on faith, devoid of knowledge. That's intellectual dishonesty ..

.. the history of Christianity is fascinating, well worth the study. One of the major religious controversies of the early Christian church is the doctrine of Jesus is God. I've yet to have an intelligent, fact probing debate on Topix about how Jesus became God ..

.. instead of debating the issues, Topix Christians change focus, make personal attacks, ignore rebuttals or defend their position by asserting the authority of scripture as interpreted by them. In every instance, my arguments have been carefully constructed based on facts ..

.. it is not my intention to claim the Cappadocian doctrine true or the Trinitarian theology false but to investigate the history. If you are not familiar with the backdrop, you need not respond to this post ..

“wat doet een Doozer doen?”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#574128 Dec 16, 2012
Laconic Assassins wrote:
<quoted text>Oh no, the Schizo of many trolls, you are posting to yourself about your proxy server location.
You are the multi-poster, ass. you are "just results" "oscar wilde one" and who knows how many others since the last time I left. It is quite obvious and you harassing others for having multiple accounts, true or not, is just embarassing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How to solve racism (and sexism) once and for all 1 min CruzerMike 2
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min River Tam 48,900
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min Liam 646,692
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 14 min Rider on the Storm 182,654
no strings sex in margate (Nov '10) 18 min Tasha Knight 61
opinions needed 2 hr mannersmom 1
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 2 hr WasteWater 2,072
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 3 hr Just Think 105,632
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 6 hr RiccardoFire 44,698
More from around the web