Prove there's a god.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#573912 Dec 16, 2012
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Actually i was in the Navy. Go read Bart yourself. Bart is a double PH.D. who is agnostic with 30+ years experience and he is a gentleman. Although i do not agree with his interpretations, he certainly does make know what he is talking about which makes him a cut above Topix biblical illiterates who pontificate from positions of ignorance with impunity for the time being.
Using the words of Bart Ehrman, who you often reference because he is an agnostic, as if it buttresses your position.

“The more I studied the manuscript tradition of the New Testament, the more I realized just how radically the text had been altered over the years at the hands of scribes, who were not only conserving scripture but also changing it." - Misquoting Jesus, the Story Behind Who Changed the Bible and Why, by Bart D. Ehrman

"My faith -- based on the inspired words of the Bible -- came under assault. That was especially true when I realized that in many cases, we don't have the original words. We have copies that were made hundreds of years later -- in most cases, many hundreds of years later. And these copies are all different from one another.”-“Misquoting Jesus”, the Story Behind Who Changed the Bible and Why, by Bart D. Ehrman

"Doctrines such as the divinity of Jesus and Heaven and Hell are not based on anything Jesus or his earlier followers said. At least 19 of the 27 books in the New Testament are forgeries. Believing the Bible is infallible is not a condition for being a Christian." - Jesus, Interrupted - by Bart D. Ehrman

Here's the best thing.

Your religion is being shown more and more to be a collection of bits and pieces of earlier religions and cultural beliefs, and not original.

The historical/archaeological evidence is growing and it shows nothing similar to what Christianity and Judaism have always purported things to be.

Maybe you should consider changing your name to .....

"LightDreamRider"

“Jesus is Love”

Since: Jul 12

Hutchinson, MN

#573913 Dec 16, 2012
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Au contraire.
Rational ethicists have been ignoring your bible and reshaping your brutal moral code for centuries now. We just saw Paul doing exactly that. He simply rejected the Old Law and the words of Jesus to obey it.
Good call, and entirely consistent with rational, compassionate ethics. The laws were counterproductive, somebody noticed, and they were jettisoned.
And such thought has been whittling away at your so called objective moral code ever since. Paul told you to stop stoning children. We were the ones that taught you that it is wrong to burn people alive and to own or beat slaves.
Your so called god gets zero credit for coming up with anything worth keeping. People already knew not to lie or murder, and to obey the Golden Rule long before your religion existed. What else is in that book worth preserving? Is there even one original idea in it worth keeping? If so, I don't know what it is.
So, as a matter of record, it is you throwbacks that are the ethical parasites. You have given us nothing. And there are still a few Christian values that need to be purged from Western culture: your hatred of mankind, your estrangement from the real material world, your hatred of science, your scapegoating of gays and atheists, your antisemitism, your misogyny, and your guilt provoking and frigidity producing sexual prudery for starters.
Are you aware that you will be in Hell after you die?

I bet you are enraged as to how the news coverage is showing how many people are praying to God for the victims families after your atheist buddy shot up 26 people.
Why do you teach the opposite of LOVE by bashing the word of God?

You are a mentally sick advocate of murder.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#573914 Dec 16, 2012
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you think if you repeat this lie enough times, it will become true. You foliow a true "Destroyer"....Satan .
Stop humiliating yourself and become a courageous Christian,.....
drop your lies, drop your ignorance, remove yourself from your lifestyle of hatred and become a Christian.
<Just Results> "robble robble HELL! robble robble GODZILLA! robble robble SATAN! robble XANADU! robble..."

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#573915 Dec 16, 2012
Susie wrote:
<quoted text>That made me laugh really hard.. You are the least rational person on here...
No.

That would be Just Results.

Since: May 11

Nottingham, UK

#573916 Dec 16, 2012
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Actually i was in the Navy. Go read Bart yourself. Bart is a double PH.D. who is agnostic with 30+ years experience and he is a gentleman. Although i do not agree with his interpretations, he certainly does make know what he is talking about which makes him a cut above Topix biblical illiterates who pontificate from positions of ignorance with impunity for the time being.
you were?

Well the Marine Corps are just naval infantry after all.

What about when you were a Pershing Missile crewman?

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#573917 Dec 16, 2012
Susie wrote:
<quoted text>It was the culture.. accepted then, troubling now.. Live and learn
But it is the perfect word of a perfect god.

An omniscient god.

What can an omniscient god possibly learn?

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#573918 Dec 16, 2012
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
More importantly, much is not.
Jesus taught in Matt. 5:18-19 that Old Testament law was still in effect:
And at that time it was. That was pre resurrection. Besides Jesus effectively declared all foods clean in Mark 7:18-19.''...whatever goes into a man cannot defile him. 19. Because it does not go into his heart, but into his stomach, and is eliminated?" (Thus He declared all foods clean) The meaning is obvious. Ceremonial law as it relates to circumcision, eating restrictions, animal sacrafice; all was not part of the program when it came to Gentile Christians. They were exclusively Jewish. The change is addressed in Acts 15 at the first council of Jerusalem. So you have two independent accounts of the change. Christianity is Jesus dependent and not self dependent through law keeping and animal sacrifice.
"For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach [them], the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven."
But Paul had a different idea in Romans 10:4:
"For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness for every one who believes."
That's two radically different religions there - Jesus version, which includes the 613 Commandments called the Law of Moses - and Paul's, which dismissed them and starts over. Which tradition do you think you resemble more, the one that doesn't tolerate witches, working on the Sabbath, or sassy children, or the one that ignores those Commandments?
Christianity is not an exact blueprint of Judaism. It came out of Judaism. I would say Paul's, along with the council of Jerusalem was a practical application from the Old to resurrected Christianity in which animal sacrifice was effectively abolished and non Jews were brought in. So yeah there is change but the circumstances changed. Jesus was a pacifist, for one thing. There is no theocratic Christian nation like Israel was a Theocracy from before the time of the Kings. So even in Israel circumstances changed as did regulation. If it was not for Jesus and the Old Testament then Paul would have nothing to teach about. Besides if you think New Testament Christians should be circumcised, keep kosher diets, which is actually not a bad idea since kosher foods are actually healthy. Imagine that. A healthy diet written thousands of years ago. Well that is all just crazy. I would also add staying away from occult practices is also a good idea since one subjects themselves to powerful influences or spirits which have their own agenda and that does not include the best interest of the person. Your agenda is not to learn anything. It is hostile. Where are you getting your informtion from? Who is feeding you? What outside source are you referencing? Five to one it is a hostile site.
feces for jesus

East Meadow, NY

#573919 Dec 16, 2012
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you aware that you will be in Hell after you die?
I bet you are enraged as to how the news coverage is showing how many people are praying to God for the victims families after your atheist buddy shot up 26 people.
Why do you teach the opposite of LOVE by bashing the word of God?
You are a mentally sick advocate of murder.
Your ignorance is only eclipsed by your stupidity.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#573920 Dec 16, 2012
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Using the words of Bart Ehrman, who you often reference because he is an agnostic, as if it buttresses your position.
“The more I studied the manuscript tradition of the New Testament, the more I realized just how radically the text had been altered over the years at the hands of scribes, who were not only conserving scripture but also changing it." - Misquoting Jesus, the Story Behind Who Changed the Bible and Why, by Bart D. Ehrman
"My faith -- based on the inspired words of the Bible -- came under assault. That was especially true when I realized that in many cases, we don't have the original words. We have copies that were made hundreds of years later -- in most cases, many hundreds of years later. And these copies are all different from one another.”-“Misquoting Jesus”, the Story Behind Who Changed the Bible and Why, by Bart D. Ehrman
"Doctrines such as the divinity of Jesus and Heaven and Hell are not based on anything Jesus or his earlier followers said. At least 19 of the 27 books in the New Testament are forgeries. Believing the Bible is infallible is not a condition for being a Christian." - Jesus, Interrupted - by Bart D. Ehrman
Here's the best thing.
Your religion is being shown more and more to be a collection of bits and pieces of earlier religions and cultural beliefs, and not original.
The historical/archaeological evidence is growing and it shows nothing similar to what Christianity and Judaism have always purported things to be.
Maybe you should consider changing your name to .....
"LightDreamRider"
You are a biblical illiterate who only quotes from sites which validate youir hostile opinion. When it comes to resurrection Ehrman says he does not know what happened. That is the bottom line.
feces for jesus

East Meadow, NY

#573921 Dec 16, 2012
Susie wrote:
<quoted text>I know the history and I have encountered one too many atheist and know what youa re trying to do. It never was an abbreviation if we are going to be historical it was a symbol; two very differnt things.
Would you rather I call you a christard, instead?

“ Knight Of Hyrule”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#573922 Dec 16, 2012
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> And the Bible means exactly what you want it to mean. The problem being you don't really know what you are talking about, when it comes to Scripture, and those that do can spot a phony from a mile off.
No I don't propose to know what it says , I'm not a believer anymore remember?
Best I can tell it says gibberish.

“ Knight Of Hyrule”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#573923 Dec 16, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have a scientific reference I can read?
Sorry, but I just don't believe these "it used to be perfect" stories.
LoL I never said perfect , now that's a stretch.

I only said it wasn't like it is now.
Susie

Slippery Rock, PA

#573924 Dec 16, 2012
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure it did, Matthew 24 examples that very well.
False "Messiah", false prophet.
It fell apart.
Nope, it held together quiet nicely thank you. The rantings of an atheist cannot remove Jesus with a simple swift and a pen... or type in your case
Susie

Slippery Rock, PA

#573925 Dec 16, 2012
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
If you wish to call me childish names, then go for it. You are the face of your kind and if that is how you roll so be it. However, mentally challanged people across the world may find you word choice outdated and rude. Why made fun of someone who is "retarded".. properly called mentally impaired unless you are 5??

“Jesus is Love”

Hutchinson, MN

#573926 Dec 16, 2012
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
<Just Results> "robble robble HELL! robble robble GODZILLA! robble robble SATAN! robble XANADU! robble..."
Atheist mental breakdown.
feces for jesus

East Meadow, NY

#573927 Dec 16, 2012
Susie wrote:
<quoted text>
BORN OF A VIRGIN
Isaiah 7:14 Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign: The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and will call him Immanuel. 700 B.C.
Thing is.... Isaiah 7:14 doesn't say "virgin".

Almah does not mean, or equal the English word virgin. Almah speaks more about a stage in a young womans life than it does about her sexual history.
Susie

Slippery Rock, PA

#573928 Dec 16, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
But it is the perfect word of a perfect god.
An omniscient god.
What can an omniscient god possibly learn?
Now where and when did God call the world perfect?? Either you have no clue about the teachings of Christ and God or you have no clue about the teachings of Christ and God.. lol

“Jesus is Love”

Hutchinson, MN

#573929 Dec 16, 2012
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd rather you do that than follow the examples of what one of your other atheist goons did and shoot up innocent people in what used to be a safe place....a school.

Your cult promotes terrorism and you are angry that we just received a fresh sample of it Friday.

You coward.
feces for jesus

East Meadow, NY

#573930 Dec 16, 2012
Susie wrote:
<quoted text>If you wish to call me childish names, then go for it. You are the face of your kind and if that is how you roll so be it. However, mentally challanged people across the world may find you word choice outdated and rude. Why made fun of someone who is "retarded".. properly called mentally impaired unless you are 5??
Excuse me? Face of my kind? I represent myself and no one else, but you can choose you label me as you please, just as I have decided to label you a christard.

Make sure you tell the AHRC to change their name!

“Jesus is Love”

Hutchinson, MN

#573931 Dec 16, 2012
Susie wrote:
<quoted text>If you wish to call me childish names, then go for it. You are the face of your kind and if that is how you roll so be it. However, mentally challanged people across the world may find you word choice outdated and rude. Why made fun of someone who is "retarded".. properly called mentally impaired unless you are 5??
Feces for Jesus is expressing only what can come from what is between his ears. FECES.
He is a mentally poisoned atheist and he is the type of person who is building up with retaliatory hatred.....they usually get to an explosive mindset and take it up with a violent public outburst.

We saw an example of this in Connecticut, Oregon, Virginia Tech, Columbine, and the examples are going to increase as atheism increases. It's what their Satan wants them to do.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 8 min Killer 7,169
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 34 min Tony17 591,356
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 43 min bad bob 176,968
I'm a proud gay man! 44 min Arbin Larfin 1
Are White men Scared to date Black women? #blac... (Apr '12) 56 min kiki 238
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 1 hr Neelakaran 1,471
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 1 hr Truth Doctor 4,779
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 hr MUQ2 271,466
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 5 hr Truths 612,276
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 6 hr RiccardoFire 100,205
More from around the web