Prove there's a god.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#573983 Dec 16, 2012
Susie wrote:
Why is there so much hate of Jews towards Christians?
"My sister married a German. He complained he couldn’t get a good bagel back home. I said,“Well, whose fault is that?”" - Emo Philips
Susie

Whitesville, NY

#573984 Dec 16, 2012
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
it is your belief set that is the target of the derision,
you merely lack sufficient intellect to understand, least someone help you.
religitard
You say this in your mocking tone and you want me to take you seriously?? I mean your stance is basically if we are not like you were are wrong?? How is that intellect or understanding?? You have yet to make a valid point Carl.. Karl or whatever you changed your moniker too. It all boils down to the same old boring stuff without a new twist at all. This is old; bring on the new clowns please or at least some new material. I do not need help; I need a good laugh and you are boring!

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#573985 Dec 16, 2012
Susie wrote:
<quoted text> Actually, they do not know more than I realize about the Bible; you cannot read a book about faith and understand the concept of faith and all that God represents if you do not had faith or God in your life. They read words and recite them back and miss the meaning I meaning totally; they lack important comprehension that is needed in understanding the Bible. For example, I can read a book about rocket science and recite it back word for word, however without the background needed and the understanding what I say just becomes words and makes no sense to an actually rocket scientist. I am not here to give them understanding either because they will spew it out. I’m here for entertainment; I’m bored!
the god of the universe commanded a book be created, so that he might communicate with his creation,

but

only scholars and the previously deluded (if there is any distiction) can truly understand this book

all praise the god of the universe

and his

"special" people
Susie

Whitesville, NY

#573986 Dec 16, 2012
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
"My sister married a German. He complained he couldn’t get a good bagel back home. I said,“Well, whose fault is that?”" - Emo Philips
I guess we can blame the German's.. They did cause the Holocaust so everything since ahs been there fault.. Thanks :)
Susie

Whitesville, NY

#573987 Dec 16, 2012
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
the atheists did not start that tradition, the christians did that to themselves.
(brand)X-anity
lol
lol lol
;
I am guessing you never heard of out with the old... you are like a broken record.. No one plays records anymore
Susie

Whitesville, NY

#573988 Dec 16, 2012
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
the god of the universe commanded a book be created, so that he might communicate with his creation,
but
only scholars and the previously deluded (if there is any distiction) can truly understand this book
all praise the god of the universe
and his
"special" people
You are certainly one of those "special" people.. so praise to you or praise to yourself.. what ever..lol...:)

Location hidden

#573989 Dec 16, 2012
Susie wrote:
<quoted text>The Columbine shooters were atheist; However, do you really think a belief sytem killed any one of those people or did a crazy person with problems?? seriously people!!
christianity preaches xenophobia and paranoia, and promotes hate.

christianity is a death/hate cult

christianity is a failed moral system

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#573990 Dec 16, 2012
Darwin the Baptist wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey there New Age!
Still trying to keep 'em honest, huh? Haven't been on here in a while... I think you're the only one I recognize.'Course all the arguments, insults and general juvenile behavior hasn't changed!!!
Hope you're well and take care!
Peace
:o)

Somebody has too. Maybe, one day, somebody who reads my post will read it and then, "CLICK!" - and a light bulb goes off.

:o)

I'm dreaming again, huh?

Albuquerque, NM

#573991 Dec 16, 2012
Darwin the Baptist wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey there New Age!
Still trying to keep 'em honest, huh? Haven't been on here in a while... I think you're the only one I recognize.'Course all the arguments, insults and general juvenile behavior hasn't changed!!!
Hope you're well and take care!
Peace
Happy Holidays to you though!!

I hope you find peace and happiness in all of the season.

Albuquerque, NM

#573992 Dec 16, 2012
LOL

Oops....s/b "light bulb goes on!"
Susie

Whitesville, NY

#573993 Dec 16, 2012
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a Christian. Most of you consider the Christian god perfectly just, loving and moral. If so, I know your moral system too well.
I am sorry I believe in integrity, honesty, the value of humanity, charity, love, kindness, compassion and all that Jesus represented. I am sorry you don’t. I guess I should just abandoned those ideas and be like you; the world would be better off right?

I mean those are my morals and I guess it is just wrong to be honest, care about people and try to do what I think is right and be helpful and giving.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's teapot

#573994 Dec 16, 2012
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheist mental breakdown.
You forgot to mention 'HELLFIRE!".

Location hidden

#573995 Dec 16, 2012
Susie wrote:
<quoted text>I would love to say I have never lied before; but we ALL have even you. However, I beleive in God and Jesus is my savior and that is not a lie. You cannot convience me otherwise and that is the TRUTH! I shall not let you decieve me and you can live your lie all you want it has no bering on me :)
yes, I am a recovering christian, I spent many years lying to myself. More, I spent many years lying to other people, lying about the bible, the god, lying about the scripture, I knew to be untrue. I have sinned, and I have much for which to make amends.

I grew up, you can to.

we can do better
and
we shall do better
Susie

Whitesville, NY

#573996 Dec 16, 2012
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
You know the old saying right.. Sticks and Stones... or better yet, opinions are like buttholes; we all have them.. Yep something new please.. old news
Susie

Whitesville, NY

#573997 Dec 16, 2012
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
It was the atheist communistic Nazi's who murdered Jews, handicaps, mentally impaired, homosexuals and gypsies in Germany, Poland etc... During the Holocaust.. MILLIONS were murdered out of fear of not being perfect through genocide. All because the of hated of something different...

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#573998 Dec 16, 2012
lightbeamrider wrote:
... Topix biblical illiterates who pontificate from positions of ignorance with impunity ...
We're nattering nabobs of negativism, huh?

You win the award as the Topix biblical alliterate.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's teapot

#573999 Dec 16, 2012
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> That much is obvious. The difference being i am right and you are wrong.
<quoted text> Jesus is God/Man, Jesus bodily resurrected. Jesus is exclusive Savior of the world.
<quoted text> Well i do remember you quoting from some Bishop no one has ever heard about 5 or 600 years ago. besides your quotes from Christian sources are obscure and context is not provided. Hostile sources usually quote out of context. I do remember you qouting from a theologian but there was no context. <quoted text> Yawn!
<quoted text> Your posts are long, multi pointed and tedious and i work and have other responsibilities. As i recall you flood your posts with links which makes it all time consuming. Basically you flood with information. I do not recall accusing you of blasphemy. I only know you are lost.
<quoted text> I mean resurrection.
<quoted text> Then by that standard no one knows anything about ancient history.
<quoted text> It has historically.
<quoted text> There is no actual historicity for any of those characters. No credible scholar believes they actually existed as far as i know. Jesus is historical and certains facts can be gleaned. I do remember you arguing Christianity was from pagan myths but i will take the words of Ehrman over yours on that subject. He beleives it is all BS. None of them people are quoted in scholary journals. Just like your Moses myth is modern myth of mythical Moses (LOL) with no ancient historical precident. Same with David and Jesus. You just quote modern scholarship who basically say they know more than any of the ancients. The ancients, including Jesus had it all wrong. Philo, Josephus, who had sources which which pre dated their writings and are lost today. yeah the moderns have it all right, Moses did not exist and was myth. It is all BS.
You said I "flood with information".

Thanks. That is my intent.
Susie

Whitesville, NY

#574000 Dec 16, 2012
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
yes, I am a recovering christian, I spent many years lying to myself. More, I spent many years lying to other people, lying about the bible, the god, lying about the scripture, I knew to be untrue. I have sinned, and I have much for which to make amends.
I grew up, you can to.
we can do better
and
we shall do better
That is good for you... Strange twist of fate. I am a recovering atheist.

I spent half my life in the dark and misguiding people about faith and telling people what I know to be a dark lie.
I woke up to the light and I am sorry to say you are in the dark now and I am not sure if there is a return once you were in the light... I hope so :) Although, I am not convinced you were a Christian. Once in the light you would never want to leave. So maybe you just thought you were something you wasn’t.. sort of living your own lie. I am glad you found your way and I am even more happy I found mine :)

“Wrath”

Since: Dec 10

Is revenant

#574001 Dec 16, 2012
Susie wrote:
<quoted text>It was the atheist communistic Nazi's who murdered Jews, handicaps, mentally impaired, homosexuals and gypsies in Germany, Poland etc... During the Holocaust.. MILLIONS were murdered out of fear of not being perfect through genocide. All because the of hated of something different...
Nazis were Xtians like you.

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#574002 Dec 16, 2012
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> No. I am saying the trinity concept was there from the beginning which predates Constantine. All one has to do is read Scripture. Matthew 28:19 is the most obvious. Critics state these are interpolations added later which is scholarship of convenience. When the facts do not fit the theory then discredit the facts by saying interpolation. Problem being no ancient historical copy can be produced which the trinity is not there in Matthew 28:19.
.. thank you for debating with me. Your gatekeepers have taught you well ..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 10 min ATHEOI 56,090
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 12 min Liamm 650,150
bangladeshi chele chai (Oct '15) 15 min fahian 8
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 20 min andet1987 2,313
Moroccan Guys Have The Biggest Cocks! (Jun '13) 1 hr turkishgirl 25
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 1 hr Just Think 437
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr New Ideas 44,948
my cousin touches me when i am asleep and i kin... (Mar '14) Mon Jesus 47
More from around the web