. We all do bad things silly
We all do silly bad things.

You're kind of fun.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#573853 Dec 16, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Because it's easier to type X-mas than Christmas .
I thought the same thing you did , until I learned that is's just an abbreviation.
It's not an abbreviation. It's what happens when you leave the christ up too long. Water damage makes the cross fall down.

Ring around the Rosie and all. We all fall down.
Susie

Slippery Rock, PA

#573854 Dec 16, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
See that's what I mean about each one of you having your own little beliefs , but like it or not the X has been used for well over a thousand years to denote the word "Christ" . By Christians or Xtians in Xianity .
Now, I never once said the x has not been used in place of Christ.. In fact, I specifically said it was a Greek representation before you googled it and brought it up.. I am not Greek so I do not use it... I know your spin and I do not accept it.

What I said was.. I as in ME PERSONALY as in MYSELF will not acknowledge the x for MY CHRIST nor that I acknowledge the term xtain or xtianity or any form there of.. xmen is a movie by my standards adn you cannot and will not force me to take Christ our of the equation to suit your own needs. it is used by atheist NOW as a removal and you can lie but you and I both know that to be true.

Location hidden

#573855 Dec 16, 2012
qazwsxLol5054 wrote:
there is no creator or god
You spelled of wrong.
Susie

Slippery Rock, PA

#573856 Dec 16, 2012
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
We all do silly bad things.
You're kind of fun.
And we do bad silly things... silly bad things... Funny silly things.. silly fun things and some time the bad silly things are fun and the fun silly things are bad..
Susie

Slippery Rock, PA

#573857 Dec 16, 2012
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not an abbreviation. It's what happens when you leave the christ up too long. Water damage makes the cross fall down.
Ring around the Rosie and all. We all fall down.
Ring around the Rosie was about the plague and being burnt when you died from the Black Death... Not Jesus or water damage silly Tam...
Susie

Slippery Rock, PA

#573858 Dec 16, 2012
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I want one of your kids.
I have no one to pick up to put the star on the tree.
Woe is me.
If I said my kids drive then that would suggest they are how old? Why would you pick one up in their teens or older??
Susie

Slippery Rock, PA

#573859 Dec 16, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Because it's easier to type X-mas than Christmas .
I thought the same thing you did , until I learned that is's just an abbreviation.
I know the history and I have encountered one too many atheist and know what youa re trying to do. It never was an abbreviation if we are going to be historical it was a symbol; two very differnt things.
Susie

Slippery Rock, PA

#573860 Dec 16, 2012
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not believe a word of what you say
you are after all a liar
Well now, isn't that the Potcalling the kettle black? You are funny Karl. I like you even though you are dishonest.
Susie

Slippery Rock, PA

#573861 Dec 16, 2012
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
i see you have confirmed your moral set
christianity is a failed moral system
and you are a representitive
I wish a was a true representative of Chist and thank you for thinking that, but honestly I am human and I cannot and will never give Jesus the glory of being like him. I wish I was and I wish I could be, but I fail each and every day. I wish I could lead a life of glory and I try, but like everyone else on this earth I am but a mortal.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#573862 Dec 16, 2012
Susie wrote:
Didn't you say that the Messiah would not be born of man according to the old Testiment??

I never commented on that at all.

I'd pay attention to the portions of the OT that define the god as singular. Only one entity.

Within Judaism. The Judaic deity is defined as one complete and singular entity(within that mythology, if that means anything). It's very clear in the OT/Tanakh, that there is no plurality of the deity in any way. Read Deut. 6:4. There are many other examples besides that one.

When you get to the prophecies concerning the "Messiah", or, "Mashiach", take notice there are no half man/half god qualities assigned to that person. Below are some of the verses that are specific to what the Judaic "Messiah" was to be and do.

Ezekiel 38:16) Isaiah 2, 11, 42; 59:20) Jeremiah 23, 30, 33; 48:47; 49:39) Daniel 10:14) Hosea 3:4-3:5) Micah 4) Zephaniah 3:9) Zechariah 14:9) Those verses represent what that Mashiach would do. All signs of the Messiah.

Which is why the Jews rejected the Jesus. It didn't happen. The fact that the Jesus was killed before complete fulfillment of messianic prophecy is a proof in and of itself the Jesus was a false "Messiah".

According to the mythology the "Mashiach" was 100% human and mortal. Judaism says that the Messiah will be born of human parents(maternal&paternal) , and possess normal physical attributes like other people. It will not be a demi-god, and will not possess supernatural qualities.

All of the tasks to be done by "Messiah" were to be completed during the lifetime of that person. Once revealed. While here. First time. One time. Only time. There was no "second coming" involved according to OT messianic prophecy.

Christians cite other portions of the OT with tortured, massaged and tweaked interpretations as Messianic prophecies. Just because Christianity claims this as prophecy doesn't make them OT Messianic prophecies. No matter how vehemently Christians may claim them to be.

Jews are the experts concerning their book. There is a reason the Jesus wasn't accepted as Messiah, and it wasn't because the Jews were being stubborn. If the Jesus had met the prophetic requirements the Jews would have had no choice but to accept the Jesus. Judaism is very clear about this.

They must recognize fulfilled prophecy. This is also why their "god" was very specific. Unless a prophecy is 100% fulfilled, it is a false prophecy, or made by a false prophet. The Jesus was both. A false messiah(did not fulfill prophecy as described), and a false prophet.

"But the prophet who shall speak a word presumptuously in My name which I have not commanded him to speak, or which he shall speak in the name of other gods, that prophet shall die. And you may say in your heart,“How shall we know the word which the Lord has not spoken?”...

...When a prophet speaks in the name of the Lord, if the thing does not come about or come true, that is the thing which the Lord has not spoken. The prophet has spoken it presumptuously; you shall not be afraid of him (Deuteronomy 18:20-22).

^^^The^^^Jesus^^^fails^^^accor ding^^^to^^^that^^^. Matthew, chapter 24, evidences this quite well.

The Jesus was rejected as the messiah for legitimate reason. Deuteronomy 13:1-5, also illustrates why the Jesus wasn't "Messiah". There are numerous examples that spell out plainly that the, "Messiah", or Mashiach, was not to alter the Judaic religion in any way, not for Jews, nor Gentiles.

The oldest extant Judaic texts date to about 200 BCE, so there was no revision or altering done to those prophecies at least after that date. That negates any claims of revisionism.

The person you worship as a deity is not the Mashiach, or "Messiah".

“The eye has it...”

Russell's Teapot

#573863 Dec 16, 2012
Susie wrote:
Explain this then.. Isaiah 7:14 Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign: The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and will call him Immanuel. 700 B.C
That was a verse that the author of the NT book of "Matthew" was trying to fit the Jesus into a prophecy about a child who was to be born and called the name Immanuel.

The verse was actually concerning king Azaz in which the name and the birth of the child was a sign to look for. It had nothing to do with the Jesus. The author of Matthew merely utilized that to try and tie a prophecy to the Jesus.

It doesn't work. Here are the verse(S) in Isaiah that are in context(something Christians like - context) and clearly show it had nothing to do with the Jesus. The prophecy/signs were not about the Jesus. They concerned king Azaz and a war.

TNK Isaiah 7:10-16 10)The LORD spoke further to Ahaz: 11)Ask for a sign from the LORD your God, anywhere down to Sheol or up to the sky.12)But Ahaz replied, "I will not ask, and I will not test the LORD.13)Listen, House of David," Isaiah retorted, "is it not enough for you to treat men as helpless that you also treat my God as helpless?14)Assuredly, my Lord will give you a sign of His own accord! Look, the young woman is with child and about to give birth to a son. Let her name him Immanuel.15)(By the time he learns to reject the bad and choose the good, people will be feeding on curds and honey.)16)For before the lad knows to reject the bad and choose the good, the ground whose two kings you dread shall be abandoned.

Also, notice that the translation used is not a Christianized translation, and is faithful to the language and meaning contained in Hebrew.

There is no mention of a virgin birth. Jesus was not named Immanuel.

Now you know.

“The eye has it...”

Russell's Teapot

#573864 Dec 16, 2012
Susie wrote:
<quoted text>GOD WOULD COME TO EARTH
BE BORN AS A HUMAN MALE
Isaiah 9:6-7 [6] For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.[7] Of the increase of his government and peace there will be no end. He will reign on David's throne and over his kingdom, establishing and upholding it with justice and righteousness from that time on and forever.... 700 B.C.
Mark 1:1 The beginning of the gospel about Jesus Christ, the Son of God.
John 1:1-3, 14 [1] In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.[2] He was with God in the beginning.[3] Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.[14] The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.
BORN OF A VIRGIN
Isaiah 7:14 Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign: The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and will call him Immanuel. 700 B.C.
Mattthew 1:20-23 [20] But after he had considered this, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream and said, "Joseph son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary home as your wife, because what is conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit.[21] She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins." [22] All this took place to fulfill what the Lord had said through the prophet:[23] "The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel" --which means, "God with us."
FROM THE HOUSE OF JUDAH
Isaiah 37:31 Once more a remnant of the house of Judah will take root below and bear fruit above. 700 B.C.
Matthew 1:1-2, 16 [1] A record of the genealogy of Jesus Christ the son [descendant] of David, the son of Abraham:[2] Abraham was the father of Isaac, Isaac the father of Jacob, Jacob the father of Judah and his brothers,[16] and [a later] Jacob the father of Joseph, the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ.
FROM THE ROOT AND STUMP OF JESSE
Isaiah 11:10 In that day the Root of Jesse will stand as a banner for the peoples; the nations will rally to him, and his place of rest will be glorious. 700 B.C.
Isaiah 11:1-5 [1] A shoot will come up from the stump of Jesse; from his roots a Branch will bear fruit.[2] The Spirit of the LORD will rest on him-- the Spirit of wisdom and of understanding, the Spirit of counsel and of power, the Spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD--[3] and he will delight in the fear of the LORD. He will not judge by what he sees with his eyes, or decide by what he hears with his ears; [4] but with righteousness he will judge the needy, with justice he will give decisions for the poor of the earth. He will strike the earth with the rod of his mouth; with the breath of his lips he will slay the wicked.[5] Righteousness will be his belt and faithfulness the sash around his waist. 700 B.C.
Romans 15:12 And again, Isaiah says, "The Root of Jesse will spring up, one who will arise to rule over the nations; the Gentiles will hope in him."
Matthew 1:1-2a, 5-6, 16 [1] A record of the genealogy of Jesus Christ the son of David, the son of Abraham:[2] Abraham was the father of Isaac,...[5]... Obed the father of Jesse,[6] and Jesse the father of King David.[16] and Jacob the father of Joseph, the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ.
None of those concern the prophecies said to be fulfilled by the "Messiah" in the OT.

Christians like to think they are, but the aren't. A little research on your part would show you this is the case.

I don't expect you'll do that.
Susie

Slippery Rock, PA

#573865 Dec 16, 2012
Sharkey wrote:
<quoted text>You might think your little mind game is cute, but no one else does.
Cut out this crap.
If you are taking quotes from the bible and speaking of Jesus CHRIST, YOU ARE A CHRISTIAN.
Quit lying to yourself, Susie. Or your church will throw you out.
Aww....my game must be "cute" and fun or you wouldnot keep playing. Not that you are a good player; you’re not, but you can't seem to stop playing the game. In fact, you seem to love the game.

I am a Christian and I have yet to deny that nor have I lied about the fact or tried to cover it up.. I am PROUD of the fact I am Christian!! So sorry you got confused. Next time I will go slow for you.. BTW, I don’t go to church ; )

“The eye has it...”

Russell's Teapot

#573866 Dec 16, 2012
Susie wrote:
<quoted text>FROM THE HOUSE OF DAVID
Isaiah 16:5 In love a throne will be established; in faithfulness a man will sit on it--one from the house of David--one who in judging seeks justice and speeds the cause of righteousness. 700 B.C.
Matthew 1:1-2A, 6, 16 [1] A record of the genealogy of Jesus Christ the son of David, the son of Abraham:[2] Abraham was the father of Isaac,...[6] and Jesse the father of King David.[16] and Jacob the father of Joseph, the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ
.HATED WITHOUT CAUSE
Psalm 69:4 Those who hate me without reason outnumber the hairs of my head; many are my enemies without cause, those who seek to destroy me. I am forced to restore what I did not steal. 1000 B.C.
Isaiah 49:7 This is what the LORD says-- the Redeemer and Holy One of Israel-- to him who was despised and abhorred by the nation, to the servant of rulers: "Kings will see you and rise up, princes will see and bow down, because of the LORD, who is faithful, the Holy One of Israel, who has chosen you." 700 B.C.
John 7:48-49 "Has any of the rulers or of the Pharisees believed in him?[49] No! But this mob that knows nothing of the law--there is a curse on them."
John 15:24-25 [24] If I had not done among them what no one else did, they would not be guilty of sin. But now they have seen these miracles, and yet they have hated both me and my Father.[25] But this is to fulfill what is written in their Law:`They hated me without reason.'
REJECTED BY RULERS
Psalm 118:22 The stone the builders rejected has become the capstone [cornerstone of a building]; [23] the LORD has done this, and it is marvelous in our eyes. before 400 B.C.
Matthew 21:42 Jesus said to them, "Have you never read in the Scriptures:" `The stone the builders rejected has become the capstone; the Lord has done this, and it is marvelous in our eyes'?
John 7:48-49 Has any of the rulers or of the Pharisees believed in him?[49] No! But this mob that knows nothing of the law--there is a curse on them.
REJECTED BY HIS OWN BROTHERS
Psalms 69:8 I am a stranger to my brothers, an alien to my own mother's sons 1000 B.C.
(Side note: this pretty much kills the Catholic Church's claim that when the Gospels name Jesus' brothers they are talking about His cousins.)
Mark 3:20-21 [20] Then Jesus entered a house, and again a crowd gathered, so that he and his disciples were not even able to eat.[21] When his family heard about this, they went to take charge of him, for they said, "He is out of his mind."
John 7:1-5 [1] After this, Jesus went around in Galilee, purposely staying away from Judea because the Jews there were waiting to take his life.[2] But when the Jewish Feast of Tabernacles was near,[3] Jesus' brothers said to him, "You ought to leave here and go to Judea, so that your disciples may see the miracles you do.[4] No one who wants to become a public figure acts in secret. Since you are doing these things, show yourself to the world." [5] For even his own brothers did not believe in him.
BETRAYED FOR 30 PIECES OF SILVER
Zechariah 11:12 I told them, "If you think it best, give me my pay; but if not, keep it." So they paid me thirty pieces of silver. 500 B.C.
Matthew 26:14-15 [14] Then one of the Twelve--the one called Judas Iscariot--went to the chief priests [15] and asked, "What are you willing to give me if I hand him over to you?" So they counted out for him thirty silver coins.
SILVER RETURNED
SILVER USED TO BUY POTTER'S FIELD
COME OUT OF EGYPT
Hosea 11:1 When Israel was a child, I loved him, and out of Egypt I called my son. 725 B.C.
Matthew 2:14-15 [14] So he got up, took the child and his mother during the night and left for Egypt,[15] where he stayed until the death of Herod. And so was fulfilled what the Lord had said through the prophet: "Out of Egypt I called my son."
Again, none of those fulfill Judaic "Messianic" prophecy.

It's very simple.

Location hidden

#573867 Dec 16, 2012
Susie wrote:
<quoted text>Ring around the Rosie was about the plague and being burnt when you died from the Black Death... Not Jesus or water damage silly Tam...
You have your plagues and I have mine.

I'm a lesbian. Do you want me to show you a picture of ring around the Rosie?

“The eye has it...”

Russell's Teapot

#573868 Dec 16, 2012
Susie wrote:
<quoted text>FROM THE HOUSE OF DAVID
Isaiah 16:5 In love a throne will be established; in faithfulness a man will sit on it--one from the house of David--one who in judging seeks justice and speeds the cause of righteousness. 700 B.C.
Matthew 1:1-2A, 6, 16 [1] A record of the genealogy of Jesus Christ the son of David, the son of Abraham:[2] Abraham was the father of Isaac,...[6] and Jesse the father of King David.[16] and Jacob the father of Joseph, the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ
.HATED WITHOUT CAUSE
Psalm 69:4 Those who hate me without reason outnumber the hairs of my head; many are my enemies without cause, those who seek to destroy me. I am forced to restore what I did not steal. 1000 B.C.
Isaiah 49:7 This is what the LORD says-- the Redeemer and Holy One of Israel-- to him who was despised and abhorred by the nation, to the servant of rulers: "Kings will see you and rise up, princes will see and bow down, because of the LORD, who is faithful, the Holy One of Israel, who has chosen you." 700 B.C.
John 7:48-49 "Has any of the rulers or of the Pharisees believed in him?[49] No! But this mob that knows nothing of the law--there is a curse on them."
John 15:24-25 [24] If I had not done among them what no one else did, they would not be guilty of sin. But now they have seen these miracles, and yet they have hated both me and my Father.[25] But this is to fulfill what is written in their Law:`They hated me without reason.'
REJECTED BY RULERS
Psalm 118:22 The stone the builders rejected has become the capstone [cornerstone of a building]; [23] the LORD has done this, and it is marvelous in our eyes. before 400 B.C.
Matthew 21:42 Jesus said to them, "Have you never read in the Scriptures:" `The stone the builders rejected has become the capstone; the Lord has done this, and it is marvelous in our eyes'?
John 7:48-49 Has any of the rulers or of the Pharisees believed in him?[49] No! But this mob that knows nothing of the law--there is a curse on them.
REJECTED BY HIS OWN BROTHERS
Psalms 69:8 I am a stranger to my brothers, an alien to my own mother's sons 1000 B.C.
(Side note: this pretty much kills the Catholic Church's claim that when the Gospels name Jesus' brothers they are talking about His cousins.)
Mark 3:20-21 [20] Then Jesus entered a house, and again a crowd gathered, so that he and his disciples were not even able to eat.[21] When his family heard about this, they went to take charge of him, for they said, "He is out of his mind."
John 7:1-5 [1] After this, Jesus went around in Galilee, purposely staying away from Judea because the Jews there were waiting to take his life.[2] But when the Jewish Feast of Tabernacles was near,[3] Jesus' brothers said to him, "You ought to leave here and go to Judea, so that your disciples may see the miracles you do.[4] No one who wants to become a public figure acts in secret. Since you are doing these things, show yourself to the world." [5] For even his own brothers did not believe in him.
BETRAYED FOR 30 PIECES OF SILVER
Zechariah 11:12 I told them, "If you think it best, give me my pay; but if not, keep it." So they paid me thirty pieces of silver. 500 B.C.
Matthew 26:14-15 [14] Then one of the Twelve--the one called Judas Iscariot--went to the chief priests [15] and asked, "What are you willing to give me if I hand him over to you?" So they counted out for him thirty silver coins.
SILVER RETURNED
SILVER USED TO BUY POTTER'S FIELD
COME OUT OF EGYPT
Hosea 11:1 When Israel was a child, I loved him, and out of Egypt I called my son. 725 B.C.
Matthew 2:14-15 [14] So he got up, took the child and his mother during the night and left for Egypt,[15] where he stayed until the death of Herod. And so was fulfilled what the Lord had said through the prophet: "Out of Egypt I called my son."
Again, none of those fulfill Judaic "Messianic" prophecy.

It's very simple.

Believe what you want, but they don't.
Susie

Slippery Rock, PA

#573869 Dec 16, 2012
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
That was a verse that the author of the NT book of "Matthew" was trying to fit the Jesus into a prophecy about a child who was to be born and called the name Immanuel.
The verse was actually concerning king Azaz in which the name and the birth of the child was a sign to look for. It had nothing to do with the Jesus. The author of Matthew merely utilized that to try and tie a prophecy to the Jesus.
It doesn't work. Here are the verse(S) in Isaiah that are in context(something Christians like - context) and clearly show it had nothing to do with the Jesus. The prophecy/signs were not about the Jesus. They concerned king Azaz and a war.
TNK Isaiah 7:10-16 10)The LORD spoke further to Ahaz: 11)Ask for a sign from the LORD your God, anywhere down to Sheol or up to the sky.12)But Ahaz replied, "I will not ask, and I will not test the LORD.13)Listen, House of David," Isaiah retorted, "is it not enough for you to treat men as helpless that you also treat my God as helpless?14)Assuredly, my Lord will give you a sign of His own accord! Look, the young woman is with child and about to give birth to a son. Let her name him Immanuel.15)(By the time he learns to reject the bad and choose the good, people will be feeding on curds and honey.)16)For before the lad knows to reject the bad and choose the good, the ground whose two kings you dread shall be abandoned.
Also, notice that the translation used is not a Christianized translation, and is faithful to the language and meaning contained in Hebrew.
There is no mention of a virgin birth. Jesus was not named Immanuel.
Now you know.
Actually I don't agree.. It is all in name meaning.. Jesus means So, we can see that a prophecy of Jesus being "Immanuel" is dealing with him being God, the word, in flesh. This was fulfilled in the birth of Jesus when the Word, known as the Son, second person of the Trinity, became flesh. We call this the incarnation..

“The eye has it...”

Russell's Teapot

#573870 Dec 16, 2012
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
The real world ends here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =7SRLI8sZM5gXX
It's all about the rotation.
Susie

Slippery Rock, PA

#573871 Dec 16, 2012
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
You have your plagues and I have mine.
I'm a lesbian. Do you want me to show you a picture of ring around the Rosie?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =Q8fZeaUHsjwXX
Why would you say being Lesbian was a plague?
Love ACDC though

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
gay bottom in gurgaon (May '14) 5 min botom 119
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 9 min good 2,421
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 10 min Michael 590,737
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 11 min janeebee 4,619
IS BEING WHITE A CURSE rr ????? (Feb '08) 13 min Unbiased 402
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 16 min Insults Are Easier 271,403
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 20 min andet1987 5,918
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 42 min Jac 100,079
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Serah 612,216
More from around the web