Prove there's a god.
Susie

Whitesville, NY

#574037 Dec 16, 2012
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
Buzz wrong again
ylan Bennet Klebold was born in Lakewood, Colorado, to Thomas and Susan Klebold (née Yassenoff).[2] His parents attended a Lutheran church with their children, and Dylan and his older brother, Byron, attended confirmation classes in accordance with Lutheran tradition. At home, the family also observed some rituals in keeping with Klebold's maternal grandfather's Russian Jewish heritage.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Harris_and_...
AGAIN as Karl44 will suggest; just because you grow up Christian does not mean you remain so. I met the Scott's and their daughter died in that tragedy and many others and some where asked if they beleived in God and were killed!
Susie

Whitesville, NY

#574038 Dec 16, 2012
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
"With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion. "
Steven Weinberg
My point once again!

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#574039 Dec 16, 2012
Susie wrote:
<quoted text>So are you saying you as an atheist do not believe in disciplining your children? Or give them parental guidance? Do you throw your children in the world and say hey... just be moral and kind; it comes natural?? Are you speaking for all atheist??
No, children need guidance.. They are taught kindness, generosity, compassion, and love at home by parents/guardians. What’s natural is selfishness and ego and other social unexpected bad behavior. Please do not turn this around and suggest I am saying atheist do not teach their children morals wither; not the point I am making!
I think we human beings over the thousands, likely hundreds of thousands, of years of existence have developed and adapted many moral values, based on what has worked and what hasn't worked, and some of these have been adopted into the various religions of the world, as presented as 'commands' of their god, or at least their religion, but people who don't have any belief in any god,(and those believing in the Abrahamic God represent considerably less that half of all the current world population), yet almost all of the world, except those who are very cut off from the world, would be aware of the fact that there is a "God" believed in by a segment of the population.[there is some problems with the structure of that last sentence, and grammatical errors]

Though many families stray from society's morals and laws, in all types of societies, there is still usually a basis with which 'most' people raise their kids, so that they will be able to survive, which would instill in them values, that do not harm others, in order to also keep them safe (or at least that would be their desire).
Susie

Whitesville, NY

#574040 Dec 16, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
She can't contain Christianity's shame on that one.
In retrospect Mao killed million and he was atheist. The Holocaust was not a Christian act so stop pretending it was; it was an act of crazy men

Location hidden

#574041 Dec 16, 2012
Susie wrote:
<quoted text>I would love to say I have never lied before; but we ALL have even you. However, I beleive in God and Jesus is my savior and that is not a lie. You cannot convience me otherwise and that is the TRUTH! I shall not let you decieve me and you can live your lie all you want it has no bering on me :)
Susie, please tell me that your misspelling of 'convince' was a true typo and not a sign that you are also Patty, because her spelling of that word, though not quite the same as you spelled it, has been a definite trademark by which her 3 identities on this site have been tied together. Since you made many spelling errors in that post (as I often do) I do not think you are Patty, but a similar one is only coincidental.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

London, UK

#574042 Dec 16, 2012
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
Are you the former poster Sue?
Sue was from Australia.

A complete weirdo.

Location hidden

#574043 Dec 16, 2012
ooopsy daisy wrote:
<quoted text>
and there are such contradictions. I mean if this is a god and he changes his mind so much why would anyone worship him
Christ was not against abortion, gays nor for slavery.
If one were to believe that God is represented by everything that the Bible says he commanded, then no thinking person could in good conscience worship Him. The problem is when it comes to religious beliefs, the term 'thinking person' often is not involved. One has to suspend rational thought in order to accept mindless belief.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#574044 Dec 16, 2012
lightbeamrider wrote:
And at that time it was. That was pre resurrection. Besides Jesus effectively declared all foods clean in Mark 7:18-19.''...whatever goes into a man cannot defile him. 19. Because it does not go into his heart, but into his stomach, and is eliminated?" (Thus He declared all foods clean) The meaning is obvious. Ceremonial law as it relates to circumcision, eating restrictions, animal sacrafice; all was not part of the program when it came to Gentile Christians. They were exclusively Jewish. The change is addressed in Acts 15 at the first council of Jerusalem. So you have two independent accounts of the change.
Sorry, dude, but the words say that the law is in effect until ALL is fulfilled. Much is unfulfilled. He still hasn't returned, for example:

"For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled."

You can't polish this turd. That's a big matzoh ball hanging out there.

Fennario

#574045 Dec 16, 2012
lightbeamrider wrote:
I would also add staying away from occult practices is also a good idea since one subjects themselves to powerful influences or spirits which have their own agenda and that does not include the best interest of the person.
Thank you for the benefit of your considerable wisdom and uncommonly good sense.
lightbeamrider wrote:
Your agenda is not to learn anything. It is hostile. Where are you getting your informtion from? Who is feeding you?
That's not correct, but it's not completely wrong, either. Yes, my agenda is hostile to your church, specifically, to its intrusion into the lives of unbelievers. If that stops, people like me will have no reason to think of it or mention it again.
lightbeamrider wrote:
Where are you getting your informtion from? Who is feeding you? What outside source are you referencing? Five to one it is a hostile site.
A site? You're precious.

My information comes from too many directions to recall or recount.
Susie

Whitesville, NY

#574046 Dec 16, 2012
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Susie, I am trying to give you the benefit of the doubt that you are brighter than most of the other posters on this site. We all know that 'atheist' is not a description of what a person is, his character, his beliefs, his behavior, and other human attributes. It only gives us one piece of info; that he does not have a belief in any deity, including the God, that you believe in.
Many of those here, who 'claim' to be atheists, are from very devout Christian backgrounds, as I am, and my background still exists, as my family members, my mother 88, her sister (a Christian minister, 87), their two living siblings, most of the offspring of these, plus most known relatives. Of the 7 siblings in my family, of which I am the eldest, I am the longest and most dedicated church goer since we were adults, but quit that at about 45 or so years of age. My two oldest sisters, both in their 60s, now attend church, though I think the oldest has not done so continuously since she grew up. The second oldest is very involved in her church, on the Board, choir, participates in many church and church related activities, and is also a very good person.
I went with my wife and children to church weekly and was also a very active elder, until both children had left home to go to university (no connection to my stopping, but just to show the time frame). It was my doing that kept our family involved with the church, as initially, though from a very devout church background too, my wife wanted to rebel and not attend church early in our marriage, but I basically insisted, then later, when we had children, it became very important to her that they be raised in the church as we both had been.

It would seem to be that the nature of Christianity, as I understand it, based on the teachings of Jesus, would indicate that the onus here would be for those professing to be the most Christ-like, would also exhibit similar characteristics, which Christ both exhibited and spoke about in the stories. Sadly it has been my observation that those posing as Christians (and I realize that some are just trolls, pretending to be Christians, just to keep people upset) have by far had the worst behavior on this site, judging as one would from a Christian perspective (I actually still pretty much have the same value system as I did as a Christian- I just now don't believe that Christianity is based on a real God, but is just an organization, like any others, of a similar type, that developed around, possibly a real person's teachings, or possibly simply from ancient myths, etc.
So far no one has given any reason here to think otherwise, other than the 'burning in Hell" one which I don't buy into.
I agree completely.. Atheism is not a description of a person and neither is Christianity. I am sure you love and respect your family for their faith even if you do not agree with it. I have seen post made on both sides that made me sick… I have been called names. I generally treat people how they treat me and I often turn the other cheek but I am human and nasty comments make even the best Christian hit back. I am not making excuses I am merely pointing out that some of the posters are actually just trying to pull out anger and they are seeking they flying of fur..lol.. I won’t go into names because you and I both know who they are. I am not sure I follow Jesus as a religion either but more of faith. I don't need an organized religion to see God. I am not putting you down, but that may be why you left and you missed the message Jesus meant to inspire. think hard how you felt before without just you and Jesus and without the hoolah of religion1

Fennario

#574047 Dec 16, 2012
lightbeamrider wrote:
When it comes to resurrection Ehrman says he does not know what happened. That is the bottom line.
If that's correct, Ehrman is now excused from the discussion.

I understand that it still hasn't been determined whether some babies come from storks, either. We don't know what happened.
Susie

Whitesville, NY

#574049 Dec 16, 2012
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Susie, please tell me that your misspelling of 'convince' was a true typo and not a sign that you are also Patty, because her spelling of that word, though not quite the same as you spelled it, has been a definite trademark by which her 3 identities on this site have been tied together. Since you made many spelling errors in that post (as I often do) I do not think you are Patty, but a similar one is only coincidental.
Actually I cannot find my glasses so expect more.. No, I am not Patty

Fennario

#574050 Dec 16, 2012
feces for jesus wrote:
Would you rather I call you a christard, instead [of xtian]?
I guess it's better than xtard - for when you want to insult somebody, but can't be bothered to write it all out.
christianity is EVIL

Dartmouth, Canada

#574051 Dec 16, 2012
underdog6969 wrote:
hi, if u came across a watch in a desert, and looked at how intricate it was, then you would come to think that it has a creator, if you look at the world in the sane way and look at how intricate it is then one would come to the conclusion that the world is created. the only possible crator is god. therefore god exists
Source:-
theology studies
non sequitor FALLACY

just bc something exist doesnt prove god did it.

www.godchecker.com

Fennario

#574053 Dec 16, 2012
Susie wrote:
The rantings of an atheist cannot remove Jesus with a simple swift and a pen... or type in your case
I'll be glad to type in my case in just a moment, after you do two things for me:

[1] Please explain why you were worried that somebody might remove Jesus with a couple of birds.

[2] Please explain how to type in my case
Susie

Whitesville, NY

#574054 Dec 16, 2012
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
I think we human beings over the thousands, likely hundreds of thousands, of years of existence have developed and adapted many moral values, based on what has worked and what hasn't worked, and some of these have been adopted into the various religions of the world, as presented as 'commands' of their god, or at least their religion, but people who don't have any belief in any god,(and those believing in the Abrahamic God represent considerably less that half of all the current world population), yet almost all of the world, except those who are very cut off from the world, would be aware of the fact that there is a "God" believed in by a segment of the population.[there is some problems with the structure of that last sentence, and grammatical errors]
Though many families stray from society's morals and laws, in all types of societies, there is still usually a basis with which 'most' people raise their kids, so that they will be able to survive, which would instill in them values, that do not harm others, in order to also keep them safe (or at least that would be their desire).
This is not a one size fits all world. We have to find what fits and wear it. I have chosen God and I believe in Jesus. I do not lack morals because I am Christian as the poster suggested. I do what is in my heart and that is what I pass on to my own children. Christianity does not me a moral person and anyone who says it does is not being honest. I do not actually like quoting the Bible but even the Bible say the road to hell is paved with good intentions and good moral people. Morality is not the issue but I chose to be a moral person anyway. I hope that does not sound egotistical; my point there is good in all of us as well as strong moral people in every belief or nonbelief. The moral highway is not exclusive to God in other words
Susie

Whitesville, NY

#574055 Dec 16, 2012
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll be glad to type in my case in just a moment, after you do two things for me:
[1] Please explain why you were worried that somebody might remove Jesus with a couple of birds.
[2] Please explain how to type in my case
1. I am not worried
2. lighten up..lol
christianity is EVIL

Dartmouth, Canada

#574056 Dec 16, 2012
Susie wrote:
<quoted text>In retrospect Mao killed million and he was atheist. The Holocaust was not a Christian act so stop pretending it was; it was an act of crazy men
Although Hitler did not practice religion in a churchly sense, he certainly believed in the Bible's God. Raised as Catholic he went to a monastery school and, interestingly, walked everyday past a stone arch which was carved the monastery's coat of arms which included a swastika. As a young boy, Hitler's most ardent goal was to become a priest.
Much of his philosophy came from the Bible, and more influentially, from the Christian Social movement.(The German Christian Social movement, remarkably, resembles the Christian Right movement in America today.) Many have questioned Hitler's stand on Christianity.
Although he fought against certain Catholic priests who opposed him for political reasons, his belief in God and country never left him. Many Christians throughout history have opposed Christian priests for various reasons; this does not necessarily make one against one's own Christian beliefs. Nor did the Vatican's Pope & bishops ever disown him; in fact they blessed him!
As evidence to his claimed Christianity, he said:

"My feelings as a Christian points me to my Lord and Savior as a fighter. It points me to the man who once in loneliness, surrounded by a few followers, recognized these Jews for what they were and summoned men to fight against them and who, God's truth! was greatest not as a sufferer but as a fighter. In boundless love as a Christian and as a man I read through the passage which tells us how the Lord at last rose in His might and seized the scourge to drive out of the Temple the brood of vipers and adders. How terrific was His fight for the world against the Jewish poison.
To-day, after two thousand years, with deepest emotion I recognize more profoundly than ever before the fact that it was for this that He had to shed His blood upon the Cross. As a Christian I have no duty to allow myself to be cheated, but I have the duty to be a fighter for truth and justice... And if there is anything which could demonstrate that we are acting rightly it is the distress that daily grows. For as a Christian I have also a duty to my own people.

-Adolf Hitler, in a speech on 12 April 1922 (Norman H. Baynes, ed. The Speeches of Adolf Hitler, April 1922-August 1939, Vol. 1 of 2, pp. 19-20, Oxford University Press, 1942)

Fennario

#574057 Dec 16, 2012
@ Susie:
feces for jesus wrote:
Excuse me? Face of my kind? I represent myself and no one else
Hey - at least you're not one of the faces for jesus.
feces for jesus wrote:
you can choose you label me as you please, just as I have decided to label you a christard.
May I suggest xtard for short?

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#574058 Dec 16, 2012
Susie wrote:
<quoted text>In retrospect Mao killed million and he was atheist. The Holocaust was not a Christian act so stop pretending it was; it was an act of crazy men
oh I see when a christian kills millions its the act of a crazy man, not a christian...
but when an atheist kills millions its because he's an atheist.

do I have you right????

of course it couldn't possibly be for political/power reasons right

BTW there are plenty of quotes from Hitler on why he wanted to eliminate the Jewish population, most of them are related to his christianity

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 2 min Happy Lesbo 26,655
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 9 min Michael 685,844
News Gov. Abbott suggests 'bathroom bill' is likely ... 1 hr Red Crosse 7
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 2 hr Halle Berry Sister 4,292
Why it's time for Donald Trump to RESIGN...in d... 2 hr MOGA 41
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 5 hr Jake999 619,750
Why some in the south tower got what they had c... 8 hr Doctor REALITY 2
More from around the web