Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

BadBreathBruce wrote:
<quoted text> And you wouldn't be bragging about atheism coz there's NOTHING to brag about!!
I'm kind of proud of science and the modern secular state, both of which had to wait for superstition and religion to die a little.

What does your church have to brag about?

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

It aint necessarily so wrote:
Obviously, I did. That's how I knew that all your links were Christian apologetics sites,
If the information is accurate, then the source does not matter.
and that one of them was laughable. You apparently didn't read my response to know that, or to know that such sites are unacceptable to unbelievers.
Again, if the information is accurate then the source does not matter. Secular historians deny supernatural. So naturally they are going to be suspect of accounts which allow for miracles. They do not want to forfeit credibility in their fields. There is a group think there. Take GoMark for example. They late date it to around 70AD because it contains predictive prophesy about Jerusalem destruction. Read Matthew Henry Bible Commentary on line regarding Ezek. 37. If you read it carefully then you will see it predicts the rebirth of Israel as a nation at the exact same spot and undivided. Completed early 1700s (?) when Israel did not exist. Now lets say 1000 years from now someone discovers a fragmented copy of that writing and knew Israel came back in 1948. They would have to conclude the Matthew Henry Commentary fragment was no earlier than 1948. While we know it was completed far earlier. I think that is called confirmation bias.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

lightbeamrider wrote:
If you want to present yourself as a bottom feeder, well who am i to argue?
You don't like my opinions, so you feel the need to dehumanize me. You people have a tough time staying out of the gutter, don't you? You people almost always do this.

It's all good. Show us what Christians are made of. Show us what a Christian upbringing produces. Show us the benefits of a lifetime of going to church.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

<quoted text>
Yes, but it's irrelevant. I can stipulate for you that he existed without knowing whether it is true or not. His historicity means nothing to me if he wasn't also a god.
I've read conflicting data. As I said, it doesn't matter either way.
Yeah it does not mean anything because you are on the losing side of that argument.

''One could easily argue that the Bible is the most important book in the history of western civilization. What other books come close in terms of historical, social, and cultural significance? Who (Besides IANS) wouldn't want to know more about a book that has transformed millions of lives and affected entire civilizations?...It is important for all of us--at least for all of us interesred in human history, society and culture.''

''One could argue as well that Jesus is the most important person in the history of the west,(Jesus means nothing to IANS) looked at from a historical, social, and cultural perspective, quite apart from his religious significance.''

Bart Ehrman.(Agnostic leaning towards atheism) Did Jesus Exist. p.95.

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> If the information is accurate, then the source does not matter.
Huh?
endtime

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

PROOF Obama's ReElection = ANTICHRIST_______

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

<quoted text>
You don't like my opinions, so you feel the need to dehumanize me. You people have a tough time staying out of the gutter, don't you? You people almost always do this.
It's all good. Show us what Christians are made of. Show us what a Christian upbringing produces. Show us the benefits of a lifetime of going to church.
Well you select edit my post and then accuse me of dehumanizing you? I believe you are 100% human and lost.

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

lightbeamrider wrote:
''One could argue as well that Jesus is the most important person in the history of the west,(Jesus means nothing to IANS) looked at from a historical, social, and cultural perspective, quite apart from his religious significance.''
Bart Ehrman.(Agnostic leaning towards atheism) Did Jesus Exist. p.95.
You had me going and then I realized that I'm not from the west.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

I am an atheist, a target of your church's scapegoating
lightbeamrider wrote:
Are you crying?
Atta boy. Show us what the fruits of the spirit have done for you. Jesus is the potter, and you are the clay, right?
lightbeamrider wrote:
You are an aberation to atheists in that you demonstrate an unreasonable hate towards Christians.
I don't hate Christians. I don't think much of most of them, but I don't hate them. I see you as the principle victims of your church.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

lightbeamrider wrote:
Murder is murder. That is an objective moral standard your atheism does not allow.
Atheism doesn't have moral standards. It isn't an ethical system
lightbeamrider wrote:
If your atheism is true then all them children murdered and the killer only suffer the same fate. Non existence, nothingness. No justice, no purpose. Your atheism is bankrupt.
If that's how reality is, then that's how it is. If your philosophy teaches you to call reality bankrupt, I'd say that you need a new philosophy.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh?
That is right. if the information is true or accurate then the source does not matter. Keep that in mind and use it. If you have teachers and they question your sources then you know what to say to them. They cannot refute the truth of your claim by discrediting the source. Truth claims cannot be refuted if they are true. Truth wins out every time!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

<quoted text>
Atheism doesn't have moral standards. It isn't an ethical system
<quoted text>
If that's how reality is, then that's how it is. If your philosophy teaches you to call reality bankrupt, I'd say that you need a new philosophy.
Well if you fo to a funeral of a murder victim, i would suggest you keep your mouth shut.

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> That is right. if the information is true or accurate then the source does not matter. Keep that in mind and use it. If you have teachers and they question your sources then you know what to say to them. They cannot refute the truth of your claim by discrediting the source. Truth claims cannot be refuted if they are true. Truth wins out every time!
Even you know that's not true.

The source must be vetted.

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Well if you fo to a funeral of a murder victim, i would suggest you keep your mouth shut.
I suggest you keep your mouth shut too.

It's not about you is it? If it's your funeral, speak up.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

River Tam wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =cfuJnUJa5JA
I think Piers was right.
River Tam wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =q8D7vribc5c
Leh-wan-yeh-ah. I hadn't realized what a sphincter Alex Jones was.
River Tam wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =MVvOi-JLidE
Very scary.

“Speaking with conscience”

Since: Dec 12

Free Speech in a Free World

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

it is tough to prove

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

<quoted text>
I think Piers was right.
<quoted text>
Leh-wan-yeh-ah. I hadn't realized what a sphincter Alex Jones was.
<quoted text>
Very scary.
I think Piers is wrong. I don't own any guns but if I decide to, I will. Legally would be better, I think.

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

With Established Harem

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

Just Results wrote:
It's Christmas time, and an atheist did the unthinkable today in killing 26 people. When are we going to take action and remove their rights to continue with this activity?????
.. you are using the death and pain of others to promote your belief system. That's despicable ..

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

Boss of the Inland Empire

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
When are you going to realize that what happened today is the net result of atheism? How old are you? Have you not been paying attention to what has happened over the past 50 years? Are you a desensitized idiot like so many others ?
Wake up, you morron.
JR. The evil a hole that did this was mentally unstable or so were told. We don't know if he was atheist or not. I prefer to wait for the information rather than rely on a knee jerk response. His judgement for what he did to these beautiful babies is now in the hands of God and accusing the atheists for what this asswipe did is as undeserving as accusing Christians of being responsible for what some crazy people may have done in the past as well. Lets use common sense.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 544,521 - 544,540 of715,630
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

468 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 min WasteWater 255,476
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 2 min Johnny 1,358
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min RoSesz 529,569
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 29 min Aura Mytha 222,979
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 29 min The Awakener 171,378
Starpower - Ladies dance competition 30 min PDX Dave 1
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 55 min WasteWater 3,848
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr WasteWater 93,103
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 1 hr Zioni 114,497
Does anyone do incest sex with your sister (Apr '12) 7 hr Carly 107
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••