Prove there's a god.

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#574018 Dec 16, 2012
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> That much is obvious. The difference being i am right and you are wrong.
<quoted text> Jesus is God/Man, Jesus bodily resurrected. Jesus is exclusive Savior of the world.
<quoted text> Well i do remember you quoting from some Bishop no one has ever heard about 5 or 600 years ago. besides your quotes from Christian sources are obscure and context is not provided. Hostile sources usually quote out of context. I do remember you qouting from a theologian but there was no context. <quoted text> Yawn!
<quoted text> Your posts are long, multi pointed and tedious and i work and have other responsibilities. As i recall you flood your posts with links which makes it all time consuming. Basically you flood with information. I do not recall accusing you of blasphemy. I only know you are lost.
<quoted text> I mean resurrection.
<quoted text> Then by that standard no one knows anything about ancient history.
<quoted text> It has historically.
<quoted text> There is no actual historicity for any of those characters. No credible scholar believes they actually existed as far as i know. Jesus is historical and certains facts can be gleaned. I do remember you arguing Christianity was from pagan myths but i will take the words of Ehrman over yours on that subject. He beleives it is all BS. None of them people are quoted in scholary journals. Just like your Moses myth is modern myth of mythical Moses (LOL) with no ancient historical precident. Same with David and Jesus. You just quote modern scholarship who basically say they know more than any of the ancients. The ancients, including Jesus had it all wrong. Philo, Josephus, who had sources which which pre dated their writings and are lost today. yeah the moderns have it all right, Moses did not exist and was myth. It is all BS.
"Your posts are long, multi pointed and tedious"

pot meet kettle

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#574019 Dec 16, 2012
Susie wrote:
<quoted text>Communist..like Mao were atheist like you.. Communism and atheism mesh.. It is part of the manifiesto
You are now 0 for 2 and absolutely , unequivocally and completely utterly
wrong.

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#574020 Dec 16, 2012
Susie wrote:
<quoted text>Actually Christian America played a role
Imagine that communists and Christians both fighting the other Christians together.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#574022 Dec 16, 2012
Just Results wrote:
Why do you teach the opposite of LOVE by bashing the word of God? You are a mentally sick advocate of murder.
Nobody murders like your god. The most common command in your bible is to kill, usually for some trivial infraction :

• "Show No Mercy!" Deut 7:2
• "Make no peace!" Deut 7:2
• "March to War!" Numbers 32:20
• "Ethnic cleanse!" Deut. 20:15
• "Commit genocide!" Joshua 10:20
• "Enslave!" Lev. 25:44
• "Beat to death!" Ex. 21:20
• "Kill women and chilldren!" Numbers 31:17, 1 Samuel 15:3
• "Kill all prisoners!" Deut 7:2
• "Destroy!" Deut. 7:16
• "Annihilate!" Deut. 17:29
• "Slaughter!" Deut. 13:15, Joshua 8:24
• "Burn!" Deut. 13:15
• "Torture!" Lev. 24:23, Numbers 5:11
• "Massacre!" Numbers 21:2
• "Exterminate!" Deut 2:34, Deut 3:3
• "Crush!" Deut. 33:29
• "Kill!" Joshua 9:24
• "Destroy!" Deut 31:4
• "Smite!" Esther 9:5
• "Slash!" Judges 15:8
• "Burn!" joshua 6:24
• "Kill!" Joshua 10:10
• "Kill!" Judges 11:33
• "Kill!" Deut 9:3
• "Loot!" Deut. 20:10
• "Plunder!" Numbers 31:9, Deut 2:35
• "Rape!" Numbers 31:18, Deut. 21:10, Judges 21:11
• "Pillage!" 1 Samuel 23:5
• "Kill!" Deut 9:3
• "Kill!" Deut 20:15
• "Kill!" Judges 21:11

Your god goes on to command:

• KILL anyone who wears mixed fabrics.
• KILL any kid who disrespects his parents
• KILL anyone who works on Saturday
• KILL anyone who eats meat AND cheese together
• KILL anyone who swears by god
• KILL any man who goes into the temple after having sex with a woman who is on her •

Sorry, but for most people, when you offer something like that as the exemplar of love, you are summarily excused from additional debate on ethical issues.

I am an atheist and a secular humanist. I am proud of humanist ethical standards, and to the degree to which we actually stand by them and embody them.

In my opinion, to start with, your church's standards are inferior to ours, Then, the body of Christ doesn't even come close to achieving those. Your church's version of the Golden Rule includes persecuting gays and atheists. And I just gave you its version of perfectly loving god.

[The more astute theist might have noticed that the finger he wags at "godless" humanists is now easily retroflexed and inserted into his eye.]

“wat doet een Doozer doen?”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#574023 Dec 16, 2012
underdog6969 wrote:
hi, if u came across a watch in a desert, and looked at how intricate it was, then you would come to think that it has a creator, if you look at the world in the sane way and look at how intricate it is then one would come to the conclusion that the world is created. the only possible crator is god. therefore god exists
Source:-
theology studies
I can learn to make a watch of my own. Can I learn to become a god of my own?

Elmont, Long Island NY

#574024 Dec 16, 2012
Susie wrote:
<quoted text>It was the atheist communistic Nazi's who murdered Jews, handicaps, mentally impaired, homosexuals and gypsies in Germany, Poland etc... During the Holocaust.. MILLIONS were murdered out of fear of not being perfect through genocide. All because the of hated of something different...
first please take a political science course, or 20th century history course or read a book.

The Nazis weren't communists, in fact Hitler hated Communism and saw it as a threat to the western world.

The Nazis were FASCISTS

Hitler was also raised a Christian and used Christianity to further his cause. He thought he was doing the work of God by eliminating the Jews. There is also plenty of evidence that the Vatican provided aid & support for the Nazis, especially after the war by helping Nazi war criminals escape

BTW the current Pope was in the Hitler youth

“wat doet een Doozer doen?”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#574025 Dec 16, 2012
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
fact is he was a raised a christian and in fact was a christian you saying otherwise doesn't change the fact.
tell me what exactly is an act of atheism?
if the media reported cho to be an atheists, they would be guilty of lying, telling an untruth....
there are no teachings of atheism by the way.....its just not believing in a god
atheism isn't a religion.....
Atheism is a religion like "clear" is a color

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

UK

#574026 Dec 16, 2012
Susie wrote:
<quoted text>I think you were trying to be nice and I am not trying to be rude; however, you went parachuting off the New River Gorge Bridge and white water rafting and you didn't even know what town you were in?? It was Beckley, WV or the outskirts anyway my friend; the heart of coal country. Buddy Ebsen was not from WV. He was from Florida and the TV show the Beverly Hillbillies was about oil wealth no coal… so I don't know what that analogy was about??? The Clampetts were not hillbillies from WV; they usually referred to their home region simply as "the Hills." But it was generally understood to be the Ozarks Southwestern Missouri and Northwestern Arkansas nowhere near WV.
From West Virginny
They came to stay
In sunny Californaiey.

Grandpappy Amos
And the girls and the boys
Of the family known as the real McCoys.

Catcher1

UK

#574027 Dec 16, 2012
And oh, Susie.

Beckley, yes. Not Beckely.

Elmont, Long Island NY

#574028 Dec 16, 2012
Susie wrote:
<quoted text>Communist..like Mao were atheist like you.. Communism and atheism mesh.. It is part of the manifiesto
so one communist being an atheists means all atheists are communists.

do you know how stupid that generalization sounds.

it would be like saying that since Hitler was a christian, all christians are murdering genocidal maniacs.
Susie

Whitesville, NY

#574029 Dec 16, 2012
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
fact is he was a raised a christian and in fact was a christian you saying otherwise doesn't change the fact.
tell me what exactly is an act of atheism?
if the media reported cho to be an atheists, they would be guilty of lying, telling an untruth....
there are no teachings of atheism by the way.....its just not believing in a god
atheism isn't a religion.....
People can be raised Christian and later become atheist... That doesn't mean he remained Christian.
Susie

Whitesville, NY

#574030 Dec 16, 2012
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
so one communist being an atheists means all atheists are communists.
do you know how stupid that generalization sounds.
it would be like saying that since Hitler was a christian, all christians are murdering genocidal maniacs.
Thank you! That was EXACTLY my point!!! Sorry you failed to see that and then repeated MY whole point!!

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#574031 Dec 16, 2012
Susie wrote:
<quoted text>I was just thinking the same thing.. in adverse of course. I have met many people and may agnostics and atheist in my days and none of them are like the ones here. It goes to show ya the animal in all of us??
Susie, I am trying to give you the benefit of the doubt that you are brighter than most of the other posters on this site. We all know that 'atheist' is not a description of what a person is, his character, his beliefs, his behavior, and other human attributes. It only gives us one piece of info; that he does not have a belief in any deity, including the God, that you believe in.

Many of those here, who 'claim' to be atheists, are from very devout Christian backgrounds, as I am, and my background still exists, as my family members, my mother 88, her sister (a Christian minister, 87), their two living siblings, most of the offspring of these, plus most known relatives. Of the 7 siblings in my family, of which I am the eldest, I am the longest and most dedicated church goer since we were adults, but quit that at about 45 or so years of age. My two oldest sisters, both in their 60s, now attend church, though I think the oldest has not done so continuously since she grew up. The second oldest is very involved in her church, on the Board, choir, participates in many church and church related activities, and is also a very good person.

I went with my wife and children to church weekly and was also a very active elder, until both children had left home to go to university (no connection to my stopping, but just to show the time frame). It was my doing that kept our family involved with the church, as initially, though from a very devout church background too, my wife wanted to rebel and not attend church early in our marriage, but I basically insisted, then later, when we had children, it became very important to her that they be raised in the church as we both had been.

I take this topic seriously and have been quite ticked off by the attacks from both sides. I attempted to not play that game when I first came here around June or July 2010, but daily attacks on several other posters, due to the characteristics of the posters themselves (one being gay) rather than what they posted, finally made me decide that I wanted to address the behavior of other posters, too, rather than stay on topic, which no one here has really done anyway.

It would seem to be that the nature of Christianity, as I understand it, based on the teachings of Jesus, would indicate that the onus here would be for those professing to be the most Christ-like, would also exhibit similar characteristics, which Christ both exhibited and spoke about in the stories. Sadly it has been my observation that those posing as Christians (and I realize that some are just trolls, pretending to be Christians, just to keep people upset) have by far had the worst behavior on this site, judging as one would from a Christian perspective (I actually still pretty much have the same value system as I did as a Christian- I just now don't believe that Christianity is based on a real God, but is just an organization, like any others, of a similar type, that developed around, possibly a real person's teachings, or possibly simply from ancient myths, etc.

So far no one has given any reason here to think otherwise, other than the 'burning in Hell" one which I don't buy into.

Religionthebigli e

“saved From jesus”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#574032 Dec 16, 2012
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
QUESTION
What do you think of Shuhai Xiao's theory regarding the poppy seeds found in China's Guizhou Province?
I just read this article on Shuhai Xiao's theory.....fascinating.

http://www.google.com/url...

Elmont, Long Island NY

#574033 Dec 16, 2012
Susie wrote:
<quoted text>Actually Christian America played a role
please take some history lessons....really. Russia made the biggest contributions to defeating Nazi Germany in WWII.

approximately 25 million Russians lost there lives in WWII
The Battle of Stalingrad was a big turning point, a whole German army was destroyed along with Romanian and Italian units.

The Battle of Kursk was another major victory

we played a part....but Russia played a bigger part

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#574034 Dec 16, 2012
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
first please take a political science course, or 20th century history course or read a book.
The Nazis weren't communists, in fact Hitler hated Communism and saw it as a threat to the western world.
The Nazis were FASCISTS
Hitler was also raised a Christian and used Christianity to further his cause. He thought he was doing the work of God by eliminating the Jews. There is also plenty of evidence that the Vatican provided aid & support for the Nazis, especially after the war by helping Nazi war criminals escape
BTW the current Pope was in the Hitler youth
She can't contain Christianity's shame on that one.

Elmont, Long Island NY

#574035 Dec 16, 2012
Susie wrote:
<quoted text>People can be raised Christian and later become atheist... That doesn't mean he remained Christian.
"With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion. "
Steven Weinberg

Catcher1

UK

#574036 Dec 16, 2012
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. you've just proven you are a god ..
How?
Susie

Whitesville, NY

#574037 Dec 16, 2012
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
Buzz wrong again
ylan Bennet Klebold was born in Lakewood, Colorado, to Thomas and Susan Klebold (née Yassenoff).[2] His parents attended a Lutheran church with their children, and Dylan and his older brother, Byron, attended confirmation classes in accordance with Lutheran tradition. At home, the family also observed some rituals in keeping with Klebold's maternal grandfather's Russian Jewish heritage.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Harris_and_...
AGAIN as Karl44 will suggest; just because you grow up Christian does not mean you remain so. I met the Scott's and their daughter died in that tragedy and many others and some where asked if they beleived in God and were killed!
Susie

Whitesville, NY

#574038 Dec 16, 2012
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
"With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion. "
Steven Weinberg
My point once again!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 1 min TrumpTheRetard 41,596
Bring the jobs back to the USA! 43 min Paul is dead 539
Sometimes I like Louis Farrakhan's "sermons"...... 1 hr Paul is dead 97
God......do You enjoy wacthing me SUFFER?? 1 hr Doctor REALITY 15
Would the world have been better off...without ... 1 hr Doctor REALITY 1
Why it's high time to get rid of billionaires 3 hr Paul is dead 53
Trump's "Russia Worries" louder than the noon sun 5 hr Johnny 9
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 10 hr guest 690,311
More from around the web