“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#573499 Dec 15, 2012
lightbeamrider wrote:
There is no muttering to a ceiling fan and you know it.
So you mutter to a light bulb hanging from a cord or to a CO2 detector. What's the difference?
lightbeamrider wrote:
The death of Jesus on the cross is cheap according to you. That says more about you than it does about anything else.
The alleged crucifixion was cheap for you. And even if it occurred, it excuses nothing that any of you do. Your church remains extremely guilty in the eyes of those who don't buy into your forgiveness on the cheap and atonement by proxy.
lightbeamrider wrote:
We do not forgive ourselves and you know that too.
Like hell you don't. I am a former Christian.
lightbeamrider wrote:
No we do not leave a mess behind. There is amends making. A cleaning up of the mess. Big difference.
See above. You can't fool me about what Christianity is and does.
lightbeamrider wrote:
Your cheapening of the Gospel message by printing it is cheap forgiveness.
Then can I assume that I am forgiven for cheapening your gospel message by printing it?
BadBreathBruce

Auckland, New Zealand

#573500 Dec 15, 2012
Sharkey wrote:
<quoted text>It is arrogant of you to think that only Christian people can do good.
Those other religions don't count, oh, no. Just the Christians.
You are displaying a predjudiced, divisive, and superior attitide.
"Christianity did them first".
No, they didn't, becuase Christianity was NOT the first religion and other people besides Christians do good deeds.
You are being an anti-non-Christian bigot.
What has atheism done for the world? Plenty of the same things religionists have done for the world, except they do those things because it's simply the right thing to do, unlike religionists who only do good deeds in a selfish pursuit to "earn goodie points with god" and manipulate vulnerable and gullible people to believe that story.
You calling ME arrogant. Look to atheism, the most ARROGANT, BRAZEN-FACED RELIGION ever to walk the Earth. YES!! As much as atheists would want to DENY it, ATHEISM is a RELIGION. I think I saw (on YouTube) two atheist talkback hosts talking to this Christian guy who phoned in to prove his point about creation. As SOON as he opened his mouth, then out came all this and that atheist speak about evolution and atheism. They ARROGANTLY cut him off at every turn and just REFUSED to LISTEN to him. Poor guy didn't get half a syllable in edgewise!! AND you call Christians arrogant!! Take a good hard look at yourselves.
BadBreathBruce

Auckland, New Zealand

#573501 Dec 15, 2012
christianity is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
google Atheist countries and compare those standard of life to highly religious ,
religion makes people stupid and lazy,waiting for some miracle dude to solve all problems
while atheists make the world better..
Flapdoodle.

Fennario

#573502 Dec 15, 2012
lightbeamrider wrote:
Unkind religion? And your posts are kind?
Yes, unkind religion, and yes, my posting embodies my unabashed contempt for it. I am an atheist, a target of your church's scapegoating. Don't look for kindness for your church from people like me.

Your church probably never anticipated that people like me would ever get the opportunity to speak our minds freely and safely like this. Me, neither, but here we are. Hello!
It aint necessarily so wrote:
we don't need [your church], it's harmful, and in my opinion, it's time for all of us who think so to speak up and say so.
lightbeamrider wrote:
Not very kind.
Why do you think that your church deserves my kindness? I just listened to Huckabee blaming people like me for the murders in Connecticut. Fk him and his church.

You're welcome to rejoin the human race any time you like. But your church is unforgiven and unforgivable.

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

#573503 Dec 15, 2012
<quoted text>
I think that they are destroying themselves with this kind of thing. I say let the man speak his Christian mind on the national news. We'll be rid of this plague sooner.
http://twitchy.com/2012/12/14/backlash-mike-h...

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#573504 Dec 15, 2012
[QUOTE] It was my point. My point is that forgiveness is cheap for Christians.
You keep repeating that. As if you print it enough times, like a mantra it will be true. Your contempt does not falsify anything. It only demonstrates your contempt.
You pointed to sine mythical execution and implied that that was evidence to the contrary.
A boatload of evidence to the contrary. The execution of Jesus was not mythical. It was actual. If you believe the execution of Jesus was mythical then you are at odds with majority scholarship which includes atheists, agnostics, Muslems, and majority of humans in general. They may differ on who Jesus was. They do not differ on existence.
I think it is an excellent vehicle for delivering criticism. Would you rather I worded my disagreement with more hostility?
Actually it is a poor example. This is, however Topix and the bar is not that high. Your posts along with your hypocrisy fits in nicely. It is up to you how you construct your posts. If you want to present yourself as a bottom feeder, well who am i to argue?

Fennario

#573505 Dec 15, 2012
That Papyrus Ipuwer (first link above) was laughable. Everybody that is interested should consider taking a peak at that.

What else have you got? Anything from an impartial source? I really don't have much confidence in what Christians say about anything any more. You've pretty much shot your wad already.
lightbeamrider wrote:
You have not read what i have given you. If you did you would know there is far more than biblical claims.
Obviously, I did. That's how I knew that all your links were Christian apologetics sites, and that one of them was laughable. You apparently didn't read my response to know that, or to know that such sites are unacceptable to unbelievers.

Why? Because there is nothing that is true that is known only to Christians, or that was discovered by the Christians on these sites. That means that anything worth reading can be found in the impartial, secular source from which it was derived. That's the link I want.

It also means that anything found only on a Christian site is Christian imagination, which I have zero interest in reading.

Did you understand me this time?

http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TOCO8TE...
lightbeamrider wrote:
You have nothing from ancient history which states the Exodus did not happen.
Correct. I also have nothing from ancient history telling me that there was no global flood. But I do have modern scholarship that says both of those.
lightbeamrider wrote:
if you match up the Biblical accounts with the Egyptian accounts then it all works out.
That was the laughable link - to that papyrus. You think it confirms your biblical myth. I don't: http://www.specialtyinterests.net/ipuwer.html
BadBreathBruce

Auckland, New Zealand

#573506 Dec 15, 2012
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks, brother of Frank, how's Sue?
Mee iss not brudda ov Fwank!! Mee iss not brudda ov Fwank!! Hoo iss Sue?? Mee iss not unnerstan!! Wah!! Yoo iss good, scar!! Yoo iss good!! Yoo tayk kares out there!!

Location hidden

#573507 Dec 15, 2012
<quoted text>
Yes, unkind religion, and yes, my posting embodies my unabashed contempt for it.
That much is obvious.
I am an atheist, a target of your church's scapegoating.
Are you crying?
Don't look for kindness for your church from people like me.
You are an aberation to atheists in that you demonstrate an unreasonable hate towards Christians. You make Ku Kluck and Klan blush.
Your church probably never anticipated that people like me would ever get the opportunity to speak our minds freely and safely like this. Me, neither, but here we are. Hello!
Unlike you i support your right to free hate speech.
Why do you think that your church deserves my kindness? I just listened to Huckabee blaming people like me for the murders in Connecticut. Fk him and his church.
You and that killer have one thing in common. He believed he would not face judgement as do you. His act was atheistic in that sense. If he did believe he would have to answer to God then he would not have done it. That is my take on it. Murder is murder. That is an objective moral standard your atheism does not allow. The closer you get to your atheism the less you can live with its natural consequences. I feel your pain. If your atheism is true then all them children murdered and the killer only suffer the same fate. Non existence, nothingness. No justice, no purpose. Your atheism is bankrupt.
You're welcome to rejoin the human race any time you like. But your church is unforgiven and unforgivable.
if it all the same to you i will stick with Jesus and leave the rest of you to your fate.

Fennario

#573508 Dec 15, 2012
lightbeamrider wrote:
So you doubt the existence of Jesus as historical figure?
Yes, but it's irrelevant. I can stipulate for you that he existed without knowing whether it is true or not. His historicity means nothing to me if he wasn't also a god.
lightbeamrider wrote:
''Virtually all modern scholars of antiquity agree Jesus existed...the two events whose historicity is subjest to almost universal assent are that he was baptised by John the Baptist and was crucified by the order of the Roman Prefect Pontius Pilate.''
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historicity_of_J...
I've read conflicting data. As I said, it doesn't matter either way.

Fennario

#573509 Dec 15, 2012
BadBreathBruce wrote:
<quoted text> And you wouldn't be bragging about atheism coz there's NOTHING to brag about!!
I'm kind of proud of science and the modern secular state, both of which had to wait for superstition and religion to die a little.

What does your church have to brag about?

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#573510 Dec 15, 2012

Location hidden

#573511 Dec 15, 2012
Obviously, I did. That's how I knew that all your links were Christian apologetics sites,
If the information is accurate, then the source does not matter.
and that one of them was laughable. You apparently didn't read my response to know that, or to know that such sites are unacceptable to unbelievers.
Again, if the information is accurate then the source does not matter. Secular historians deny supernatural. So naturally they are going to be suspect of accounts which allow for miracles. They do not want to forfeit credibility in their fields. There is a group think there. Take GoMark for example. They late date it to around 70AD because it contains predictive prophesy about Jerusalem destruction. Read Matthew Henry Bible Commentary on line regarding Ezek. 37. If you read it carefully then you will see it predicts the rebirth of Israel as a nation at the exact same spot and undivided. Completed early 1700s (?) when Israel did not exist. Now lets say 1000 years from now someone discovers a fragmented copy of that writing and knew Israel came back in 1948. They would have to conclude the Matthew Henry Commentary fragment was no earlier than 1948. While we know it was completed far earlier. I think that is called confirmation bias.

Fennario

#573512 Dec 15, 2012
lightbeamrider wrote:
If you want to present yourself as a bottom feeder, well who am i to argue?
You don't like my opinions, so you feel the need to dehumanize me. You people have a tough time staying out of the gutter, don't you? You people almost always do this.

It's all good. Show us what Christians are made of. Show us what a Christian upbringing produces. Show us the benefits of a lifetime of going to church.

Location hidden

#573513 Dec 15, 2012
<quoted text>
Yes, but it's irrelevant. I can stipulate for you that he existed without knowing whether it is true or not. His historicity means nothing to me if he wasn't also a god.
I've read conflicting data. As I said, it doesn't matter either way.
Yeah it does not mean anything because you are on the losing side of that argument.

''One could easily argue that the Bible is the most important book in the history of western civilization. What other books come close in terms of historical, social, and cultural significance? Who (Besides IANS) wouldn't want to know more about a book that has transformed millions of lives and affected entire civilizations?...It is important for all of us--at least for all of us interesred in human history, society and culture.''

''One could argue as well that Jesus is the most important person in the history of the west,(Jesus means nothing to IANS) looked at from a historical, social, and cultural perspective, quite apart from his religious significance.''

Bart Ehrman.(Agnostic leaning towards atheism) Did Jesus Exist. p.95.

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

#573514 Dec 15, 2012
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> If the information is accurate, then the source does not matter.
Huh?
endtime

AOL

#573515 Dec 15, 2012

PROOF Obama's ReElection = ANTICHRIST_______

&fe ature=plcp

Location hidden

#573516 Dec 15, 2012
<quoted text>
You don't like my opinions, so you feel the need to dehumanize me. You people have a tough time staying out of the gutter, don't you? You people almost always do this.
It's all good. Show us what Christians are made of. Show us what a Christian upbringing produces. Show us the benefits of a lifetime of going to church.
Well you select edit my post and then accuse me of dehumanizing you? I believe you are 100% human and lost.

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

#573517 Dec 15, 2012
lightbeamrider wrote:
''One could argue as well that Jesus is the most important person in the history of the west,(Jesus means nothing to IANS) looked at from a historical, social, and cultural perspective, quite apart from his religious significance.''
Bart Ehrman.(Agnostic leaning towards atheism) Did Jesus Exist. p.95.
You had me going and then I realized that I'm not from the west.

Fennario

#573518 Dec 15, 2012
I am an atheist, a target of your church's scapegoating
lightbeamrider wrote:
Are you crying?
Atta boy. Show us what the fruits of the spirit have done for you. Jesus is the potter, and you are the clay, right?
lightbeamrider wrote:
You are an aberation to atheists in that you demonstrate an unreasonable hate towards Christians.
I don't hate Christians. I don't think much of most of them, but I don't hate them. I see you as the principle victims of your church.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
why do hairy armpits turn me on??? (Jul '10) 16 min danni2 12
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 24 min MUQ1 259,621
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 46 min Lost In Transition 173,743
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 1 hr Love Massage 872
00971569470225 Body to body massage in Abudhabi 1 hr mike 50
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Blk Thndr 42 601,132
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 2 hr andet1987 4,488
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr truth 542,873
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 2 hr Aura Mytha 227,688
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 10 hr ms simmer 153