Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheists are horrible people. I have firsthand personal knowledge of that.
Explain... I have some really great friends who are atheists, and stand up people in the community. Same goes for christians as well. It's not as much the belief system as how the person uses it to live their life.

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
I can see now why you are going to Hell to burn forever and ever. Trust me, I do look for ways to see your way out of that demise, but you just keep on proving why you deserve the punishment you'll receive. I give up now on justifying an exit plan for you.
Why would anyone trust you? You tell them that you can see why they are going to a place that's never been physically shown to exist, for an eternity that a consciousness has never been shown to survive for. So tell me, what makes you so certain that anyone can trust you on these matters?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

kelliann wrote:
I was raised in church-all my life--daddy was a deacon in church-momma was a sunday school teacher--I strayed so bad--it aint funny--i became a stripper---I sinned, I drank the beer, I smoked the pot, I been married and divorced---I am a sinner!!!! But--I CAN TELL YOU GOD---JESUS IS REAL!!! MY child's car brokedown...we barely made it to New Middletown Baptist Church, I was at my wits end...The preacher told me he used to be an addict a drinker---he didn't judge me....I can NOT TELL U if JESUS is real--but I can tell u this--I was about to call it and end..I was am still at my wits end...but that preacher there....he makes me want to go to church Sunday, he is sooo real....I am still sinning....but I DO BELIEVE NOW THERE IS A HIGHER POWER
You can turn your life around without God, too. Remember, that first it's YOUR will that you want to improve. I have to say that God and church are a great way to improve your life though, because if you find the right place, you'll have a lot of people that will be supporting you. Just make sure that you don't lose yourself in the process.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow!
There's some ironclad logic for ya.
I'd consider it more "marijuana clad" than "iron clad".
endtime

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

PROOF Obama's ReElection = ANTICHRIST_______

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't deny that. I would like the Christian church to become as impotent and silent as the Druids.
Christians have had that agenda regarding their critics for centuries, and had once been quite successful at stifling criticism. Until secularists made them illegal, their preferred methods had been burning people - especially women - alive, stretching and twisting them on the rack, impaling them in the iron maiden, and lacerating their internal organs and soft tissues with the pear to name a few.
Thereafter, you simply marginalized and dehumanized us, declaring us unfit to serve as teachers, jurors and witnesses in court, elected officials, coaches, and adoptive parents. But that too is disappearing.
Today, you have to settle for keying our cars, harassing our children, boycotting our businesses, libeling and slandering us behind our backs, and cruelly executing our pets.
You have your nerve complaining that we want to silence you. I'll tell you what - we promise to use only argument, rebuke and ridicule, and never to burn you to death. Fair enough?
Can we at least call them dumb phuques once in a while.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you oh master of the gym!
Going in a few minutes in fact.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

THE 10 DOGMAS HOLDING SCIENCE BACK:

Maverick biologist' Rupert Sheldrake thinks there is a big problem in science, caused by those who employ it as a belief system, rather than using it as a method of inquiry. He thinks science is being held back by the former, and in his soon-to-be-released book Science Set Free (already available in the UK as The Science Delusion) he offers the "ten dogmas of science" that he thinks need to be treated with more suspicion than they currently are:

1) That nature is mechanical.

2) That matter is unconscious.

3) The laws of nature are fixed.

4) The totally amount of matter and energy are always the same.

5) That nature is purposeless.

6) Biological inheritance is material.

7) That memories are stored as material traces.

8) The mind is in the brain.

9) Telepathy and other psychic phenomena are illusory.

10) Mechanistic medicine is the only kind that really works.

COMMENTS:

i will be analyzing each of the above dogmas in detail later.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

nanoanomaly wrote:
You forgot to add IAN's and boooots' to your list of condescending, know-it-all prycks.
condescend
1a : to descend to a less formal or dignified level
b : to waive the privileges of rank

[I don't see that happening with you and me.]

condescend
2 : to assume an air of superiority

[Sorry if that showed, though I confess that I don't really try very hard to conceal contempt when I feel it.]
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

Oops, Dr RUPERT SHELDRAKE is a BIOCHEMIST.

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you figure that a teacher hanging a cross as a religious decoration is in any way establsihing a religion?
The term "establishment of religion" if used in a historical or political sense simply means a State Directed or Government run religion. Today an established religious government can be found in most Muslim countries, in England and in some Asian countries.
The cool thing about America is that we allow any religion and bar none. That is the state, according to the constitution, is not to make any one religion the "official" religion and is not to prohibit any religion.
And by doing so, America has not and will not establish a national religion.
"That is the state, according to the constitution, is not to make any one religion the "official" religion and is not to prohibit any religion"

Exactly, the state is to stay out of religion, and conversely religion is to stay out of governmental affairs. Funny you understand the concept until it is rephrased to
"SEPARATION OF CHURCH AND STATE"

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

Just Results wrote:
I can see now why you are going to Hell to burn forever and ever. Trust me, I do look for ways to see your way out of that demise
Do you think that you can fool an omnipotent god with that if you can't fool me? Why would I trust you, or believe that? You've made yourself quite clear:

"Hell was created for their god Satan and for them to suffer in, and I'm thankful that they will suffer there endlessly for their heinous hatred and ruthless bitter deception."
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TOCO8TE...
Just Results wrote:
I give up now on justifying an exit plan for you.
Go ahead and take a break. You've earned it. You've already done your part. Your posts thus far have been more than enough help. As you see, I have a few bookmarked along with a few posts from your fellow brothers in the Lord (hi, Flagler Beach!).

I just checked my files and found that I have reposted that beautiful piece of poetry above four times already,and it's just over three weeks old. I'd be glad to link you to them if you'd like.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

Sharkey wrote:
The start of Genesis. "In the beginning god created..." you know the rest.
"In the beginning" is a metaphor for "once upon a time."

;)

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>Of course those who endorse slavery have a God who endorses slavery. Of course you, who doesn't endorse slaver, has a God who doesn't endorse slavery - and this is why those Biblical passages are so problematic for you.
You have to pretend that a perfect being was OK with slavery because "everyone was doing it" and that He couldn't instruct His "chosen people" otherwise. Being Omnipotent, He's just not powerful enough to get "slavery is bad" into His Holy writings.
It's just amazing to me how far believers will go to mentally justify their impossible ideas. You're an otherwise intelligent man, but you can't see through the problems in your own belief system. It's because you're on the inside looking out; you're trapped in a "within-system" way of understand the world that has its own rationalizations that pass themselves off as logic - and actually act as such, if you're in the system.
Outside, we can see the problems in your belief system. You can't have a perfectly moral, all powerful deity + condoning slavery. Those aren't logically possible.
.. brilliant ..

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>You can "teach" us "ingrates" about christianity all you want - it doesn't matter, there is no justification for a so called perfect, merciful god condoning slavery. The circumstances do not matter, and in fact only make clear just how twisted your god's "morality" is, because he is necessarily responsible for the circumstances that required his judgement. He created the situation in which the "bad guys" persecuted the "chosen people." He delivered the chosen people from bondage, and then he gave his tacit approval of slavery by handing down guidelines for what you hilariously refer to as "mild slavery." How does that make any sense? It doesn't - you just need it to make sense so that you can consider your god moral even while knowing of his many immoral actions and words.
And it's funny that you basically accuse me of being closed minded. Provide me with evidence of your god, and I will have no choice but to believe. I doubt that you could claim that anything would convince you to leave christianity - you are indoctrinated so hard that you are inexplicably trying to defend slavery in the name of your god.
A tip - Trying to paint god as a moral agent who endorsed slavery is not the best way to get anyone to believe in your god.
.. curtsy. How did you acquire such brilliance? After all, without God there are no morals. Would you like to become my slave ??..

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. why did you change focus from slavery to homosexuality and eternal salvation? Should we request an impartial moderator ??..
Synopsis
1. God ordained and blessed slavery in Genesis 9:25-26 (The Curse of Ham).
2. Any form of slavery is immoral.
3. Logically, the Abrahamic God is immoral.
.. don't lecture me on morals when you protect, defend and justify the immoral practice of slavery condoned by your God ..
your guys' slander against God & HIs Word is so weak!

once and for all - God put some restrictions around the common practice of slavery for the Jews. the rest of the pagan world were using and abusing slaves with no restricitons whatsoever.

if the Lord tarries much longer, PETA nut-bar ideology will probably prevail in the future and the past practice of owning & neutoring pets will seem barbaric. so why do you do it?

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. rebutted each of your justifications for slavery, found all invalid. No defense can overcome the simple fact that slavery is immoral and that the Abrahamic God endorses it ..
.. instead of addressing my points, you decided to change focus and pursue a personal attack because your belief system requires absolute adherence to a certain dogma and the implementation of any diversionary tactic when faced with a contradiction or dilemma. You did not offend me. Did I offend you by pointing out your posting maneuver ??..
.. of course I have an agenda. Who doesn't ??..
you should be talking to the africans about slavery. those people still practice it in their country!

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

timn17 wrote:
only make clear just how twisted your god's "morality" is, because he is necessarily responsible for the circumstances that required his judgement.
It's interesting that the people that talk about atheists fleeing accountability so much don't hold themselves or their god accountable ever. They think that they can forgive themselves of anything on demand by muttering at the ceiling fan, and they excuse the god of any and all failures, generally blaming man for those.

Check out this disgusting patch: "Christians aren't perfect ... just forgiven" http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-yno00H2xcXw/TWaS3LS...

Like hell they are. They're not forgiven just because they claim it on the cheap. Just like the rest of us, they're not forgiven until the person that they transgressed against forgives them.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

Sharkey wrote:
<quoted text>Folks like what?
Those who give respect for respect given, like I do for Al because despite his beliefs he does not take on a condescending, know-it-all, evil tone unlike most of you religionists?
Yeah, the hypocrites must be your kind of "folks". Don't worry, waaaaaaaaack@ss, you have plenty of company.
you haven't respected God or me so i haven't respected you. in fact, you've said some of the most vile things against Christ that i've seen anyone say. that's why i often bypass adressing you and go right for the demon talking through you.

care to start over?:)

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

ipi wrote:
In my fair opinion, and out of the life experience given me, I'm going to lash out an argument stating that the most judgmental religion I have ever met, is Christianity, with their parochial view.
And I've been a christian for 17 years, please don't tell me I have no idea what I'm talking about. I chose atheism because of this.
It is hard to know the answer to that, for me at least, because I don't know a lot about just how judgmental other religions are. Islam seems to get a lot of bad press for their really abusive laws, at least in certain countries.

I think I am from a background of some very judgmental Christians, but the denomination which I belonged to has become one of the most accepting in the world throughout my lifetime, and I was involved for almost 3 times the number of years as you were. I personally was more judgmental for many years than many of that denomination.

We have experienced on this site some of the most extreme of Christianity which I don't think represents the religion as a whole.

I think western propaganda, likely mainly American propaganda, is trying to make us see Islam as most judgmental, and so I think a lot of us buy into that without really knowing it well.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 544,421 - 544,440 of679,215
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••