“Jesus is Love”

Since: Jul 12

Hutchinson, MN

#573419 Dec 14, 2012
There are a lot of parents suffering today because of atheism. This 20 year old was behaving like an atheist has been taught.......RUTHLESS, IRRESPONSIBILITY.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#573420 Dec 14, 2012
Laconic Assassins wrote:
<quoted text>
I often hear the comment, "Science has proved there is no God." What a funny statement for a neophyte to make. Science is completely incapable of proving such a thing.
I'm not saying that because I don't like science, but rather because I know a little about how science works. Science operates on induction. The inductive method entails searching out things in the world and drawing generalized conclusions about those things based on observation. Scientists can only draw conclusions on what they find, not on what they can't find.
Science, by its very nature, is never capable of proving the non-existence of anything.
For example, can science prove there are no unicorns? Absolutely not. How could science ever prove that unicorns don't exist? All science can do is say that scientists may have been looking for unicorns for a long time and never found any. They might therefore conclude that no one is justified in believing that unicorns exist. They might show how certain facts considered to be evidence for unicorns in the past can be explained adequately by other things. They may invoke Occam's Razor to favor a simpler explanation for the facts than that unicorns exist. But scientists can never prove unicorns themselves don't exist.
Since science, by its very nature, is never capable of proving the non-existence of anything, one can never accurately claim that science has proven God doesn't exist. That's a misuse of the discipline. Such a claim would require omniscience. The only way one can say a thing does not exist is not by using the inductive method, but by using a deductive method, by showing that there's something about the concept itself that is contradictory.
ProTip - it is very, very hard to plagiarize successfully when you are working with only a tenuous grasp of the english language. Your post switches from your usual stunted, awkward, and repetitive sentence structure to prose that appears to have been written by someone who, unlike you, appears to have a high school diploma.

http://www.str.org/site/News2...

Also, am I the only one who thinks it's hilarious that the best argument you can come up with for your god's existence is to compare him to a unicorn? It's such a ridiculous argument that I'm thinking that you might have accidentally plagiarized from a parody website.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#573421 Dec 14, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>I feel like each time I re-read this gibberish, I lose another IQ point.
When I moved to Southern California from Seattle years ago, somebody told me that I would lose one IQ point for every year I lived in Socal. Weather, hot tubs, sailboats, etc.

30+ years later, I think that's true.

But I'm fine with it.

Location hidden

#573422 Dec 14, 2012
Laconic Assassins wrote:
<quoted text>HAHAHA, only a person who lacks moral substance would even consider being a slave to person who is a slave to her own brother.
Please be a poe.

“Jesus is Love”

Hutchinson, MN

#573425 Dec 14, 2012
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
You appear not to be very well educated.
Each bullet that your cohort placed into the bodies of these children today has to be removed and examined. I bet you could care less about the suffering your punk anti0Christian caused to these families and these children, in the name of atheism.

What you promoted today is unthinkable, you gutless animal.

They were innocent and defenseless children, yet your fellow atheist acted upon the brainwashing barbaric teachings of atheism and killed them.

You should be ashamed of yourself.

“Jesus is Love”

Hutchinson, MN

#573427 Dec 14, 2012
It's Christmas time, and an atheist did the unthinkable today in killing 26 people. When are we going to take action and remove their rights to continue with this activity?????

Location hidden

#573428 Dec 14, 2012
Laconic Assassins wrote:
<quoted text>Did you hear that from an atheist and simply being dumb, you have no clue.
You atheists are so gullible and desperate.
Here are some things that atheists believe are true.
1. False Fact: A scientific study on peanuts in bars found traces of over 100 unique specimens of urine.
After rigorous searching for more information, it turns out that no scientific study (or non-scientific study for that matter) has ever been conducted in to peanuts at bars. However, there was a study in ice-cubes in UK bars in 2003 which discovered that 44% of ice cubes tested contained coliform bacteria – bacteria that comes from human poop. Even more shockingly, 5% were infected with the potentially deadly E. Coli bacteria. I guess that proves that they aren’t making their ice cubes from bottled water. So, next time you are in London, pass on the ice and enjoy some peanuts instead.
2. False Fact: Elevators have killed or can kill when their cable snapped
There is a small element of truth to this “fact”– but we will get to that soon. Firstly, elevators usually have a minimum of four operating cables, as well as an inbuilt braking system and a backup braking system in the shaft which forces a wedge into the shaft to prevent too rapid a drop. If the cables were all to snap (and believe me, elevator cables are strong), the cars braking system would detect the free fall and automatically apply. If that also fails, the shaft’s braking system takes over. Now, the small element of truth I mentioned earlier is that there has been one recorded account of a complete elevator free fall; it was caused by an airplane which crashed into the Empire State Building in 1945. The crash caused the cables in the elevator to be weakened – ultimately leading to them breaking. The person riding the lift (Betty Lou Oliver) survived the 75 floor free fall because of air pressure beneath the car.
3. False Fact: You can’t fold a piece of paper in half more than 7 times
This is one we all hear regularly – and we believe it because it is true when we tried it. But, in 2002 a US high school student Britney Gallivan proved it wrong by folding a piece of thing gold leaf more than 7 times with the use of tweezers. To further prove that it could be done, she bought a giant roll of toilet paper on the internet and her and her family took it to the local mall where they attempted to fold it more than 7 times. Seven hours of folding later, they had it folded into 12 folds.
4. False Fact: Elephants are the only mammal that can’t jump
First of all, just so you know, it is true that adult elephants can’t jump – if by jumping we mean the state of having no feet on the ground at the same time after propelling oneself from a stationary position. But contrary to the popular myth that it is is the only mammal that can’t, it is joined by a few others. Firstly, the sloth is unable to jump which suits its lazy lifestyle rather well. Also, rhinoceroses and hippopotamuses also cannot jump, though unlike elephants, when they run it is possible for them to have all four feet off the ground.
5. False Fact: One dog year is equal to seven human years
This bogus fact is usually worked out so that a dog life is equal to a human life in total years, but the numbers just don’t add up. The average human life expectancy is 78, while the average dog life expectancy (in false dog years) would equal around 90 years. Furthermore, different dog breeds have dramatically different life expectancies, ranging from a short 6 years to 13 or more years (in general, the smaller the dog, the longer its life expectancy). Furthermore, dogs have a very short “childhood” and a very long middle-age, making the comparison completely invalid.
ENJOY OR JUST LET US KEEP LAUGHING AT YOU.
Absolutely bizarre.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#573429 Dec 14, 2012
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
Each bullet that your cohort placed into the bodies of these children today has to be removed and examined. I bet you could care less about the suffering your punk anti0Christian caused to these families and these children, in the name of atheism.
They were innocent and defenseless children, yet your fellow atheist acted upon the brainwashing barbaric teachings of atheism and killed them.
I agree that what happened today is unthinkable, and horrible, and today is my oldest granddaughter's 10th birthday, or I should say yesterday was, as it is now way past midnight here. I read those 20 kids killed were from 5 to 10 years of age.

It is terrible beyond imagination, and I think that someone, if they were with you and saw you trying to capitalize on that event by attacking other people on this site, would likely take you roughly and shake you a bit, and let you know in some words you might not like that you are a jerk.

As far as I have heard we have no information about anything to do with the religious ideas or lack of them that this person held, but I did read that people were gathering at a church to hold a memorial service and so many people came out that they could not all get into the building.

Ignorant people start pointing fingers at others before they even know any details about what, what, or how the shooter got involved in that incident in the first place. Since it appears that he shot his mother first, because she was shot at their home, and then he was shot at the school, it could very well have been over some family dispute, which made him go completely off the deep end, because it was reported that he had been suffering from some sort of mental problems since he was a kid and had been on medications for that.

“Jesus is Love”

Hutchinson, MN

#573430 Dec 14, 2012
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree that what happened today is unthinkable, and horrible,.
When are you going to realize that what happened today is the net result of atheism? How old are you? Have you not been paying attention to what has happened over the past 50 years? Are you a desensitized idiot like so many others ?

Wake up, you morron.

Location hidden

#573431 Dec 14, 2012
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
YOUR atheism is what caused this, you mentally blind moron. You have absolutely no grounds to tell me to stay off this site, You bigot.
What is wrong with you - using a horrific tragedy in your little pissing match against atheism. How can you be so hateful and callous? Again, what is wrong with you?

Location hidden

#573432 Dec 14, 2012
Just Results wrote:
There are a lot of parents suffering today because of atheism. This 20 year old was behaving like an atheist has been taught.......RUTHLESS, IRRESPONSIBILITY.
I really, really hope that you are a poe. The thought that you are a real person is depressing.

Location hidden

#573433 Dec 14, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
When I moved to Southern California from Seattle years ago, somebody told me that I would lose one IQ point for every year I lived in Socal. Weather, hot tubs, sailboats, etc.
30+ years later, I think that's true.
But I'm fine with it.
Doesn't sound like too bad of a trade.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#573434 Dec 14, 2012
Just Results wrote:
Adam Lanza's personality disorder was not unlike yours.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#573435 Dec 14, 2012
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go, politicizing, and thus diminishing the loss of life, a murder event. From the looks of it, it was probably racially motivated, though that won't stop you nut jobs from blaming everything but the shooter.

Location hidden

#573436 Dec 14, 2012
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
Name one teaching of atheism.

Also, I think you need a more healthy outlet for your anger and frustration.

“Jesus is Love”

Hutchinson, MN

#573437 Dec 14, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>What is wrong with you - using a horrific tragedy in your little pissing match against atheism. How can you be so hateful and callous? Again, what is wrong with you?
You idiot, I'm just telling the truth. How can you be so delusional ?

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

#573438 Dec 14, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>What is wrong with you - using a horrific tragedy in your little pissing match against atheism. How can you be so hateful and callous? Again, what is wrong with you?
I thought everyone knew.

JR is a sociopath.

Like Yellodog and The Troll of Many Names, he has some Christian programming, but he is dangerously unaware of reality.

“Jesus is Love”

Hutchinson, MN

#573439 Dec 14, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Name one teaching of atheism.
To KILL.

Location hidden

#573440 Dec 14, 2012
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
When are you going to realize that what happened today is the net result of atheism? How old are you? Have you not been paying attention to what has happened over the past 50 years? Are you a desensitized idiot like so many others ?
Wake up, you morron.
I think you may have a personality disorder.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#573441 Dec 14, 2012
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
Wake up, you morron.
Nope, it was video games, oh wait, it was the internet. No, it's television. It has to be rock and roll. Maybe it was because of rap.

You are insane and as heartless as the people trying to blame those, and you are thus scum of the species. It was a person with no regard for humans, that was all. Stop detracting from the loss of life, that was the important part of all that, the rest is just pure conjecture, especially at this point, and all you want is to point fingers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Moses never existed 5 min Hidingfromyou 716
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 6 min UWarRaceMaKEWORLD... 4,675
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min Anthony MN 558,833
bless the jews (Nov '08) 7 min Alive jews freedom 7,046
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 18 min Neelakaran 1,233
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 28 min WasteWater 5,700
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 30 min NFL fanny fart 119,632
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 33 min WasteWater 264,975
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr Catcher1 175,509
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr lil whispers 604,737
More from around the web