“B. Hussein Obama---”

Since: Nov 09

---CHINA'S BEST FRIEND

#573249 Dec 14, 2012
Antonio wrote:
Prove their isn't a God
26 people shot to death at a Connecticut school, including 18 children--kindergarten and first-graders.

There's your proof.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#573250 Dec 14, 2012
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. weak ??..
.. when you come to my door parched, I will offer you a glass of water ..
.. when you come to my door hungry, I will offer you bread ..
.. when you come to my door as a slave, I will free you ..
.. I will not tell you what I can and cannot do with my slaves because you are a free man ..
actually, under Jewish law, on the year of julilee the jews were required to set slaves/indentured servants free whether they paid their debt off by then or not. many of them would refuse freedom and chose to continue to be members of jewish households because they saw how God was in their midst.

it was really a wonderful law, considering the barbarism of the surrounding nations at the time.

why are pagans always so barbaric and why do you refuse God's ways???

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#573251 Dec 14, 2012
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
How's that working out?
it ALWAYS works when sinners cooperate. wanna try?:)

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#573252 Dec 14, 2012
<quoted text>
[1] "A 7-year-old boy was beaten to death by his parents last week after he failed to read the Bible and do his homework, according to Metro Police."
http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2012/dec/03/m...
[2] "A father in Georgia claims the Bible justified the corporal punishment that caused the death of his 5-month-old son."
http://www.examiner.com/article/georgia-fathe...
[3] "Atlanta pastor arrested after infecting parishioners with HIV"
http://www.examiner.com/article/atlanta-pasto...
[4] "Nantucket child killed in exorcism"
http://www.capecodonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar...
[5] "North Carolina Pastor Suggests Parents Beat The Gay Out Of Their Kids"
http://sfist.com/2012/05/02/north_carolina_pa...
[6] "Las Vegas Church of God in Christ pastor charged with sex crimes, used Bible to exploit teen boys"
http://religiouschildabuse.blogspot.mx/2011/0...
I've got a few dozen more if you're interested
But they aren't *real* christians.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#573253 Dec 14, 2012
<quoted text>
That's a pretty poor reporting. Did they become fools, or did they become as fools? What is the difference?
And what made them become fools - or become as fools - just then? How do we know that they weren't fools already?
when one thinks that they're wiser than God, it's the epitome of foolishness. it would almost be funny if the stakes weren't so grave

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#573254 Dec 14, 2012
The criticism of you isn't that you're defending slavery,
/QUOTE] Yes it was. They were waiting for a justification from me and saying i defended slavery.[QUOTE] but that you're defending the indifference of a god that can't be bothered to care about slavery as much as he cared about people not wearing cotton-wool blends.
The comforters of Job supposed they were defending God. In this time we are allowed to go our own way and evil is allowed, but not in an absolute sense. There is a Restrainer which will be removed. Read the New. The parable about Lazarus and the rich man. Lazarus suffers and the rich man ends up in torment. This life is a blink of an eye.
The principle objection, however, is to your bible's ethical code, not you. Those ethics belie the claim that they come from a god. That's what we want people to see: that your book was not written by a god, and the god described in it is not good.
It is not so much the ethical code as you call it but the fact people want to do their own thing without consequences. They do not want to give an account to God for the lives they had and the opportunities they ignored.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#573255 Dec 14, 2012
<quoted text>
Yes, it is easily shown that the bible is not divinely authored. But I'm pretty sure that there are Jews and Christians.
really??? would you like to prove it then? or, would you prefer to walk away now and keep your insatiable pride in tact?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#573256 Dec 14, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Well he put it very well!
Wasn't he one of the "founding fathers"?
Yes. He was a famous pamphleteer, and a lot of people's favorite Founder.

Location hidden

#573257 Dec 14, 2012
<quoted text>
It's interesting that the people that talk about atheists fleeing accountability so much don't hold themselves or their god accountable ever. They think that they can forgive themselves of anything on demand by muttering at the ceiling fan, and they excuse the god of any and all failures, generally blaming man for those.
Check out this disgusting patch: "Christians aren't perfect ... just forgiven" http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-yno00H2xcXw/TWaS3LS...
Like hell they are. They're not forgiven just because they claim it on the cheap. Just like the rest of us, they're not forgiven until the person that they transgressed against forgives them.
That patch is a good representation of the attitude a lot of christians have. The concepts of salvation through grace and the transference of sins via the brutal torture of their deity seem to me to be more or less a moral cop out, not to mention that they're absurd.

Fennario

#573258 Dec 14, 2012
Antonio wrote:
Prove their isn't a God
Why? Who would benefit? Neither skeptics, who have already rejected religion without it, nor faith based thinkers, who are immune to reason as Superman is to bullets, and who thus wouldn't care either.

Location hidden

#573259 Dec 14, 2012
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. curtsy. How did you acquire such brilliance? After all, without God there are no morals. Would you like to become my slave ??..
Maybe. WWJD?

Since: May 11

Nottingham, UK

#573260 Dec 14, 2012
well, as I live and breathe...

Semper Fi

Fennario

#573262 Dec 14, 2012
BadBreathBruce wrote:
No need to. And, regarding your name, there are lots of things Christians do which are good for the world. It's just that they don't trumpet those good deeds out.
That's too bad,then, because we're evidence based. Plus, your church has a track record of lying whenever it is expedient, so, it's bare claims don't mean much.
BadBreathBruce wrote:
Like the Bible says - when doing good works, don't let your left hand know what your right hand is doing (Matthew 6: 3 and 4).
I suspect that if your right hand fell off, the world wouldn't be able to discern the difference.

Fennario

#573263 Dec 14, 2012
BadBreathBruce wrote:
What has atheism ever done for the world??
Here's what I got :

[1] Hope for man and the world. When I was a Christian, I thought we were all goners. It was always the end times, and we were all praying for Jesus to come again and destroy the earth. But now, I know that it is possible that man can go on until he evolves into something better, and then again.

[2] Freedom from fear of damnation. Freedom from fear of hell. Freedom from fear of Satan. Freedom from fear of demons and devils. Freedom from fear of my own thoughts.

[3] Freedom from the infantilizing nanny god, a very prudish, judgmental, authoritarian, smiting, and panty-sniffing god.

[4] When a cute little doe-eyed girl dies of leukemia sometime later today (and one will somewhere), you'll have the comfort of knowing that it was just rotten luck, and not something caused by or allowed to happen by any ghost.

[5] Respect for life, earth and the universe. Christianity teaches that animals are soulless meat bags to be exploited as man sees fit. Then it teaches that the whole material world including earth is made of a base substance - matter - which is only transitory. Christianity demeans the material world enough to make the word "worldly" an insult.

[6] Freedom from an inferior intellectual system that despises science and erudition, and robs the victim of the sense of the sense of mystery, grandeur, awe and connection that a scientific education entails. "We are stardust. We are golden. We are billion year old carbon."

[7] Freedom from an inferior ethic that defines love in terms of torture and crucifixion, and a pardon from eternal torment by an infinitely evil devil. The moral structure is deformed: Faith, obedience, worship and piety are not virtues. Integrity, autonomy, responsibility, courage and compassion are.

[8] Respect for mankind. Christianity teaches that man is unworthy, inherently flawed, retched, unworthy, and lucky as hell to be tolerated by the god. Christianity demeans man enough to make the phrase "the flesh" an insult. You can cast that gloom away.

[9] Relief from thousands of hours pointlessly wasted in churches, praying, and reading the bible. I also got to keep the 10% of my income that I was giving to the priests and their children instead of my own, which I calculated was about five to eight years income - approximately the amount I retired with.

That's just what it did for me as an individual.

[10] Secularism criminalized much of Christianity and turned its brutal and sadistic theocracies with their witch burnings and Inquisitions into gentle democracies.

[11] It also turned superstitious enterprises like astrology and alchemy into sciences like astronomy and chemistry.
BadBreathBruce wrote:
And, even if it DID do good works, Christianity did them first. It's only doing what the Christians have been doing for centuries.
That wouldn't matter even were it true.

"There’s no good thing that a church or religion does that cannot be achieved by a purely secular means. And there is no positive benefit of churches and religions that necessarily demonstrates the truth of their supernatural claims.”– Matt Dillahunty.

Besides, as I said, I don't believe that much of the contributions to churches that aren't spent on new building and running churches and missions get past the priests' pockets.

Fennario

#573268 Dec 14, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
mr - we won't be able to see eye-to-eye until you can remove the flaming-biased log out of your eye.
You call opinions against your biased because you don't like them, not because they aren't justified. My negative opinions of your church are evidence based, and in my opinion, represent a fair assessment of the burden that that church imposes on American society, as I have argued at length.

Can you demonstrate otherwise - that those conclusions aren't just?

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#573270 Dec 14, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow!
There's some ironclad logic for ya.
Sheesh.

Since: May 11

Nottingham, UK

#573271 Dec 14, 2012
Laconic Assassins wrote:
<quoted text>Ha, AL Garcia said that you were a liar and that you lied about him. "Simple fido"
Oh dear, I am so wounded.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#573272 Dec 14, 2012
The Last True Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
26 people shot to death at a Connecticut school, including 18 children--kindergarten and first-graders.
There's your proof.
It is horrible, and hopefully no one comes back on here and says that an atheist did it, because that is what atheists do. At least not until we have some info if they release any, about the shooter and his possible motives. I don't know Conn's gun laws, and I know that guns are available anyway to anyone who wants to kill someone, but somehow I can't get away from the fact that the lax gun laws in the USA seems to have something to do with some of these killings, especially in the case, as in Columbine, when kids get a lot of guns.

I have been around guns for much of my life, and I am not for having no guns at all, but only for the purpose for which I had them and that was for hunting, target shooting and possibly killing some animals that might be attacking our livestock. I never actually had that happen. We also used them at times, for putting down sick livestock, or even sick pets.

I highly doubt that most people who had guns in their homes would even think to use them in the case of being invaded by a killer or a thief. The guns were not there for purposes of using on other humans, and that would not be something that would come to a person's mind.

Fennario

#573273 Dec 14, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i see, so you don't like the Gospel because you're not virtuous. Christ came to fix all that if you'll only believe!
Nope. I don't have much respect for its advice or values.

Faith, obedience, self-abnegation, chastity, worship and piety, are not virtues. And there is no such thing as sin.

The virtues include integrity, compassion, autonomy, authenticity, patience, responsibility, courage, and the like.

On a societal scale, the virtues would include such things as political freedom, democracy, egalitarianism, justice, and opportunity.

Fennario

#573274 Dec 14, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
why are pagans always so barbaric and why do you refuse God's ways???
I'm a little skittish about owning slaves, stoning people to death, or taking advice from a source that sanctioned either.

I prefer the barbaric paganism that criminalized all of that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 9 min June VanDerMark 542,687
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 11 min lisw 173,700
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 17 min Pegasus 259,564
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 22 min Serah 601,107
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 25 min KiMare 227,591
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 38 min andet1987 4,486
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 46 min RiccardoFire 36,888

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••