Prove there's a god.

“Evolution of Consciousness”

Since: Jul 07

Monkey Shines

#573660 Dec 15, 2012
God Himself wrote:
<quoted text>
...But I think you are being dishonest in saying that you "donpt choose what I find believable".
YOU actually choose what to believe by describing the set of things that you find worthy of belief. How else do you justify the fact that you believe scientific concepts more than religious concept (if you believe any religious concepts at all)?
'
I believe you misjudge this person by calling them dishonest. I agree with their statement. If something is not logical to me, I have absolutely no power at all to "choose" to believe it. I would have to use the "Jedi mind trick" on myself, so to speak. I have no more capability to believe in most people's "gods" than I have to make myself believe that 2 plus 2 equals 5.

Just sayin'...
Peace

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#573661 Dec 15, 2012
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. you don't believe CATCHER is a god? I can prove it ..
Reaaaaallly?!...... This I'd like to see......!
Susie

Whitesville, NY

#573662 Dec 15, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe the West Virginian language is different, but in English it's: compares, Beckley, and country, and comparable.
Oh, and Al did say "real" Mexican food.
I do agree though, the natural beauty is awesome.
I have been to Mexico and California...and you are right incomparable to WV... I mean I can walk down my street and not be shot.. You watch too many TV shows and have not actually been to WV or you would know I am nowhere close to Beckley. Beckely is a very lovely place. Accents in language do not tell a story of the people either.. Again.. too much TV... BTW.. West Virginian’s or hillbillies in particular actually has a more correct vernacular than most places in America.. it is called Old English not surfer boy valley talk.. but Thank You :) Oh, and next time you turn your lights on think of the backwoods folk you just made fun of who made it possible; coalminers! No offensive taken; I got it; you’re basically clueless and stereotypical about life anywhere beside the Pacific. Salty Sea air can clog the brain ;

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#573663 Dec 15, 2012
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
Reaaaaallly?!...... This I'd like to see......!
HL did not say I am God.

She said I am a god.

Who can argue with that?

“Wrath”

Since: Dec 10

Is revenant

#573664 Dec 15, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have mirages or just basic cable?
who knew plus +

“Wrath”

Is revenant

#573665 Dec 15, 2012
Susie wrote:
<quoted text>Some people find stiff drink helps them when dealing with me so don't rule that out just yet ; )
I'll drink to that!:)

Monkey Shines

#573666 Dec 15, 2012
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know this?
Citation please.
For one to say that they know what "God" does or doesn't do, is or isn't, or any other aspect of "God" - is unfounded and misleading.
Hey there New Age!
Still trying to keep 'em honest, huh? Haven't been on here in a while... I think you're the only one I recognize.'Course all the arguments, insults and general juvenile behavior hasn't changed!!!
Hope you're well and take care!

Peace
Susie

Whitesville, NY

#573667 Dec 15, 2012
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
Great! "Se Habla español"
My sister in law lives there and I've purchased several acres there. I'm just not sure i want to leave So Cal even though Catcher says that living here is detrimental to our IQ's
He would know.. he is from So Cal?? He googled the area and has no clue what it is like.
Where does your sister in law live in WV? Most people do not even realize it is a state so at least you have one up on Catch.. He probably thinks were taking about and area in Virginia like most people.

#573668 Dec 15, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
HL did not say I am God.
She said I am a god.
Who can argue with that?
Shhhhh..... I was hoping for pictures from HL....

“Wrath”

Is revenant

#573669 Dec 15, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
HL did not say I am God.
She said I am a god.
Who can argue with that?
Prove it , we said you was drink!
Susie

Whitesville, NY

#573670 Dec 15, 2012
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. you don't believe CATCHER is a god? I can prove it ..
The little "g" makes the difference so I would agree; he is a god in his own right. Not God!

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#573671 Dec 15, 2012
Susie wrote:
<quoted text>I have been to Mexico and California...and you are right incomparable to WV... I mean I can walk down my street and not be shot.. You watch too many TV shows and have not actually been to WV or you would know I am nowhere close to Beckley. Beckely is a very lovely place. Accents in language do not tell a story of the people either.. Again.. too much TV... BTW.. West Virginian’s or hillbillies in particular actually has a more correct vernacular than most places in America.. it is called Old English not surfer boy valley talk.. but Thank You :) Oh, and next time you turn your lights on think of the backwoods folk you just made fun of who made it possible; coalminers! No offensive taken; I got it; you’re basically clueless and stereotypical about life anywhere beside the Pacific. Salty Sea air can clog the brain ;
He's confused backward with simple..........As in laid back and easygoing. I'd much rather take a hike into the mountains and woods of WV than travel to some club in SC any day......Just all depends on what you want out of life I guess.........

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#573672 Dec 15, 2012
Susie wrote:
<quoted text>I have been to Mexico and California...and you are right incomparable to WV... I mean I can walk down my street and not be shot.. You watch too many TV shows and have not actually been to WV or you would know I am nowhere close to Beckley. Beckely is a very lovely place. Accents in language do not tell a story of the people either.. Again.. too much TV... BTW.. West Virginian’s or hillbillies in particular actually has a more correct vernacular than most places in America.. it is called Old English not surfer boy valley talk.. but Thank You :) Oh, and next time you turn your lights on think of the backwoods folk you just made fun of who made it possible; coalminers! No offensive taken; I got it; you’re basically clueless and stereotypical about life anywhere beside the Pacific. Salty Sea air can clog the brain ;
I have traveled throughout West Virginia. If there is a Beckely, I apologize.

Coal miners have been horribly mistreated.

Buddy Ebsen was my neighbor.

“Wrath”

Is revenant

#573673 Dec 15, 2012
Susie wrote:
<quoted text>The little "g" makes the difference so I would agree; he is a god in his own right. Not God!
I hate to break the news to you about Big G .

“Game Over”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#573674 Dec 15, 2012
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, mm-moh-fan-ah-lei, mo-fo.
<quoted text>
Lei-mai-ding-goon-choi-ah-lei! :)
[Did you set that up to see if anybody was paying attention?]
mo-fo is always a popular option.

;-)

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's teapot

#573675 Dec 15, 2012
Susie wrote:
<quoted text>Hosea 6.2 —“After two days he will revive us; on the third day he will raise us up, that we may live before him”
(Psalm 22:14,15). But that is not the end, for He later testifies that: "My praise shall be of thee in the great congregation:... your heart shall live for ever. All the ends of the world shall remember and turn unto the LORD: and all the kindreds of the nations shall worship before thee" (Psalm 22:25-27).
Genesis 3:15. There God told Adam and Eve that although the old serpent, Satan, would bruise the heel of the coming seed of the woman, the divine seed would ultimately be victorious and would destroy the wicked one
For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer shine Holy One to see corruption. Thou wilt show me the path of life: in thy presence is fullness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore" (Psalm 16:9-11). These verses speak poetically first of His burial, then His descent in the spirit into Hades, followed by His return into His body resting in the tomb before decay could begin, then His resurrection and ascension into heaven to be seated at the Father's right hand. This verse, incidentally, contains the first of 21 references in the Bible to His present position at the right hand of God the Father.
Then there is the prophecy of Psalm 40:1-3. "I waited patiently for the LORD: and He inclined unto me, and heard my cry. He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings. And He hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the LORD."
Psalm 2:7: "The LORD hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee." This verse is quoted in Acts 13:33 as fulfilled in Christ's resurrection.
Zechariah 12:10: "They shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for Him, as one mourneth for his only son."
Christians cite other portions of the OT with tortured, massaged and tweaked interpretations as Messianic prophecies.

Just because Christianity claims those as prophecy doesn't make them OT Messianic prophecies, no matter how vehemently Christians may claim them to be.

Jews are the experts concerning their book. There is a reason the Jesus wasn't accepted as Messiah, and it wasn't because the Jews were being stubborn. If the Jesus had met the prophetic requirements the Jews would have had no choice but to accept the Jesus.

Judaism is very clear about this. These are the prophecies concerning the Messiah, within Judaism, and unfulfilled - Isaiah 51:3, Amos 9:13-15, Ezekiel 36:29-30, Isaiah 11:6-9, Psalms 37:4, Jeremiah 31:33, Zephaniah 3:9, Ezekiel 40, Ezekiel 39:9, Ezekiel 16:55, Zechariah 8:23, Isaiah 52:13-53:5, Isaiah 52:7, Isaiah 51:11, Isaiah 25:8, Isaiah 11:12, Isaiah 11:10, Isaiah 11:9, Isaiah 11:4, Isaiah 11:2, Isaiah 11:1, 1 Chronicles 22:8-10, 2 Chronicles 7:18, Isaiah 2:17, Isaiah 2:4, Isaiah 1:26

They must recognize fulfilled prophecy. This is also why their "god" was very specific. Unless a prophecy is 100% fulfilled, it is a false prophecy, or made by a false prophet. The Jesus was both. A false messiah(did not fulfill prophecy as described), and a false prophet.

"But the prophet who shall speak a word presumptuously in My name which I have not commanded him to speak, or which he shall speak in the name of other gods, that prophet shall die. And you may say in your heart,“How shall we know the word which the Lord has not spoken?”...

...When a prophet speaks in the name of the Lord, if the thing does not come about or come true, that is the thing which the Lord has not spoken. The prophet has spoken it presumptuously; you shall not be afraid of him (Deuteronomy 18:20-22).

Matthew, chapter 24, evidences that the Jesus was a false prophet quite well.

The Jesus was not the "Messiah".

Monkey Shines

#573676 Dec 15, 2012
Susie wrote:
<quoted text>
With all due respect, people are vomitting hatred; their belief has nothing to do with what is being spewed. If that were the case then one could say deist spew hate because they are deist and so forth. You and I know that is not how it is... Some Christians just like some atheist, some agnostics, some deist and any other form of belief or non-belief are just full of hate and cannot help themselves but emit hate. I cannot blame someone for the hate they spew because they are deist no more than you can claim it is because they are Christian; it's man in general
Hello Susie,
I agree that hatred is a plague of man in general and certainly didn't mean to imply that Christianity CAUSED the behavior. I've known some absolutely wonderful people who were Christian. I meant merely that I found it appalling and that it wasn't making their religion look very good.
(Although it could be argued that a religion's merits are reflected in what kind of people are "produced" by said religion... but wasn't intending to make that argument.)

Peace and nice meetin' you!

#573677 Dec 15, 2012
Susie wrote:
<quoted text>He would know.. he is from So Cal?? He googled the area and has no clue what it is like.
Where does your sister in law live in WV? Most people do not even realize it is a state so at least you have one up on Catch.. He probably thinks were taking about and area in Virginia like most people.
Further east from you. Elkins. At least I'll save money on shoes. I hear they're optional in that state.:)

“Game Over”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#573678 Dec 15, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think Piers' argument is wrong, but it's a moot point. We aren't going to ban guns in America, or anything close to that. If we're willing to spend money, increasing school security would be a good idea.
We have to be willing to accept that there are going to be many problems that we can't legislate away, or pray away, or wish away.
or protect against.

Knee jerk reactions from legislators inevitably exacerbate the problem. It's hard to legislate mental illness when most of those making the laws suffer from it.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#573679 Dec 15, 2012
Al Garcia wrote:
A good Christian friend Dan sent me this:
"Being an atheist is ok.
Being an atheist and shaming religion and spirituality as silly is not ok.
Being a Christian is ok
Being homophobic, misogynistic, racist, or otherwise hateful in the name of Christianity is not ok.
Being a reindeer is ok.
Bullying or excluding another reindeer because he has a shiny red nose is not ok"
Merry Christmas !:)
I am a rational skeptic

christianity is a failed moral system

christianity preaches xenophobia and paranoia, and breeds hate

christianity is a death cult, that fosters hate.

Individuals who advance this vile philosophy need be shamed, discredited, and held responsible for the damage done to culture.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 min onemale 281,856
Gift Suggestion for a God Daughter? (Mar '15) 10 min EstherMoore 2
herbal incense and legal buds for sale (Aug '11) 42 min lee 10
Mencari teman seks wanita yang gersang (Sep '15) 48 min eyem 20
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Steve III 653,905
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 hr karl44 63,728
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 2 hr WasteWater 2,576
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 3 hr lightbeamrider 106,495
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 5 hr LAWEST100 618,736
More from around the web