Sharkey

Reno, NV

#573115 Dec 13, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, you sound real balanced there, Elmer.
How would YOU know what "balance" is like with your indoctrinated brain?
Sharkey

Reno, NV

#573116 Dec 13, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Hypocrite!
You constantly insult people with the "low intelligence" comment like you think you are superior. Get real.
Pshhht!
Oh, PUH-LEEZE knock off the "I'm so proooooosecuted" clown act and get real!
You are nauseating...

ipi

Since: Dec 12

Trondheim, Norway

#573117 Dec 13, 2012
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
I can see now why you are going to Hell to burn forever and ever. Trust me, I do look for ways to see your way out of that demise, but you just keep on proving why you deserve the punishment you'll receive. I give up now on justifying an exit plan for you.
I can't even believe why you THINK you're in charge of sending men to Hell or not. It's not up to YOU. It's up to God.

And in my opinion, if he is as merciful as you(Christianity) say, he will accept this man to Heaven.

“The Intrepid”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#573118 Dec 13, 2012
Sharkey wrote:
<quoted text>The start of Genesis. "In the beginning god created..." you know the rest.
"God said 'Let there be light' and there was light."
POOF! Light, out of nowhere.
"God said 'let dry land appear, divide the waters, etc, etc, etc...'"
POOF! The Earth, out of nowhere.
"God said 'Let US make man in OUR image'".
POOF! "God" is now a sculptor with partners, or advisors who suddenly has an "image of man". Out of nowhere.
Now, notice, nano, that "god" said "let US make man in OUR own image" NOT "let ME make man in MY own image".
Someone else was there besides "god". Who was it? Who was with "god" at the beginning?
I'm looking at it and I don't see where it says that he created "the heavens and earth" from "nothing", or "nowhere".

“The Intrepid”

Location hidden

#573119 Dec 13, 2012
Sharkey wrote:
<quoted text>Pshhht!
Oh, PUH-LEEZE knock off the "I'm so proooooosecuted" clown act and get real!
You are nauseating...
"I" don't feel persecuted. They don't have what it takes to make me feel inferior to either one of them.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#573120 Dec 13, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Hypocrite!
You constantly insult people with the "low intelligence" comment like you think you are superior. Get real.
Apparently I am, based on the last several posts you have made.

What does my objecting to your attacking people have to do with my feeling superior? I just think your behavior on this site stinks.

Location hidden

#573121 Dec 13, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>You forgot to add IAN's and boooots' to your list of condescending, know-it-all prycks.
For the time being and the near future, nano, I am going to ignore your posts. You are welcome to also ignore mine.

Location hidden

#573122 Dec 13, 2012
ipi wrote:
If there existed a mercy God, He would forgive me for not believing in Him, and He would understand the why I chose not to.
If not...
Then he wouldn't be a God I would spend the eternity with.
I'm an atheist.
That pretty well says what I have also said here several times. Based on the whole picture as depicted in the Bible, only a masochist would want to spend eternity with such a monster as is depicted especially in the Old Testament.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#573123 Dec 13, 2012
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> I notice that is the only context in which one can define right and wrong. Here is a few facts you ignore. While the Israelites were enslaved in Egypt for 400 years the Canaanites were given that amount of time to repent. Their offenses are listed in Scripture. Since most here claim they know Scripture they will have no problem finding them.(HA HA) The Israelites cried out to God and God eventually delivered Israel via a series of judgements. Pharoah had babies killed and abused the Israelites and judgement came down. Later Israel became a nation which divided and eventually both Israel and Judah was sent off into slavery because they kept messing up with God. You don't have to believe in God to understand the basic themes. In a general sense a train of abuses over a certain period of time brings judgement. That is a general theme. Exception include the book of Job and Joseph who were good characters and yet was handed difficult circumstances. The fact being you have your mind made up about things you know little about. And i am not in the mood to teach kindergarden Christianity to a bunch of ingrates.
You can "teach" us "ingrates" about christianity all you want - it doesn't matter, there is no justification for a so called perfect, merciful god condoning slavery. The circumstances do not matter, and in fact only make clear just how twisted your god's "morality" is, because he is necessarily responsible for the circumstances that required his judgement. He created the situation in which the "bad guys" persecuted the "chosen people." He delivered the chosen people from bondage, and then he gave his tacit approval of slavery by handing down guidelines for what you hilariously refer to as "mild slavery." How does that make any sense? It doesn't - you just need it to make sense so that you can consider your god moral even while knowing of his many immoral actions and words.

And it's funny that you basically accuse me of being closed minded. Provide me with evidence of your god, and I will have no choice but to believe. I doubt that you could claim that anything would convince you to leave christianity - you are indoctrinated so hard that you are inexplicably trying to defend slavery in the name of your god.

A tip - Trying to paint god as a moral agent who endorsed slavery is not the best way to get anyone to believe in your god.

Location hidden

#573124 Dec 13, 2012
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Right. <quoted text> No. <quoted text> God made beings with will and some chose the wrong things and there was consequences. A world in men can freely choose good and evil is better than a world where man can only do good. So you dicked up on your premise and your conclusion is wrong.
Lol. God creates humans, gives them free will, surrounds them with temptations, and bases salvation around belief while withholding all evidence of his existence - and then punishes his creations for behaving exactly how he knew they would. Sounds legit.

Location hidden

#573125 Dec 13, 2012
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheists are horrible people. I have firsthand personal knowledge of that.
I eat babies.

Location hidden

#573126 Dec 13, 2012
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
I can see now why you are going to Hell to burn forever and ever. Trust me, I do look for ways to see your way out of that demise, but you just keep on proving why you deserve the punishment you'll receive. I give up now on justifying an exit plan for you.
But I always have the common courtesy to kill my victims quickly, I never torture them eternally, or wish that upon them.

“The Intrepid”

Location hidden

#573127 Dec 13, 2012
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>...I just think your behavior on this site stinks.
The feeling is mutual, in case you hadn't noticed.

You're not the boss of this thread. q:

“The Intrepid”

Location hidden

#573128 Dec 13, 2012
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
For the time being and the near future, nano, I am going to ignore your posts. You are welcome to also ignore mine.
It's about fckg time!!!

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#573129 Dec 13, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>You can "teach" us "ingrates" about christianity all you want - it doesn't matter, there is no justification for a so called perfect, merciful god condoning slavery. The circumstances do not matter, and in fact only make clear just how twisted your god's "morality" is, because he is necessarily responsible for the circumstances that required his judgement. He created the situation in which the "bad guys" persecuted the "chosen people." He delivered the chosen people from bondage, and then he gave his tacit approval of slavery by handing down guidelines for what you hilariously refer to as "mild slavery." How does that make any sense? It doesn't - you just need it to make sense so that you can consider your god moral even while knowing of his many immoral actions and words.
And it's funny that you basically accuse me of being closed minded. Provide me with evidence of your god, and I will have no choice but to believe. I doubt that you could claim that anything would convince you to leave christianity - you are indoctrinated so hard that you are inexplicably trying to defend slavery in the name of your god.
A tip - Trying to paint god as a moral agent who endorsed slavery is not the best way to get anyone to believe in your god.
Excellent.

I tip my hat to you.

ipi

Trondheim, Norway

#573130 Dec 13, 2012
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
That pretty well says what I have also said here several times. Based on the whole picture as depicted in the Bible, only a masochist would want to spend eternity with such a monster as is depicted especially in the Old Testament.
The Old Testament firmly states that if your child does not listen to you, or grant you the respect a parent should have, then you should take him to the out-lands and stone him to death..

Imagine that in modern society!
Oh wait... stoning actually still DOES happen

ipi

Trondheim, Norway

#573131 Dec 13, 2012
In my fair opinion, and out of the life experience given me, I'm going to lash out an argument stating that the most judgmental religion I have ever met, is Christianity, with their parochial view.

And I've been a christian for 17 years, please don't tell me I have no idea what I'm talking about. I chose atheism because of this.

Location hidden

#573132 Dec 13, 2012
ipi wrote:
<quoted text>
The Old Testament firmly states that if your child does not listen to you, or grant you the respect a parent should have, then you should take him to the out-lands and stone him to death..
That's true, but it has come to my attention that many devout people who follow the Bible 100% have still not stoned their disobedient children. Surely those parents are destined for the hottest place in that lake of fire.

Location hidden

#573133 Dec 13, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Excellent.
I tip my hat to you.
*tips hat*

Have you ever heard the story of the emperor's new clothes, by hans christian anderson? I think it might be relevant here.

Location hidden

#573134 Dec 13, 2012
ipi wrote:
<quoted text>
Truly - the good old days, indeed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 5 min Catcher1 175,472
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 8 min UidiotraceuMAkeWo... 4,634
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 10 min Oxbow 558,645
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 11 min Here For Now 604,727
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 12 min Hatti_Hollerand 53,244
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 23 min scirocco 119,606
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 42 min ramakrishna 1,232
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr who 264,930