<quoted text>
Ditto.
May the best "religion" prevail.
rather "may God be true and every man a liar"
christianity is EVIL

Halifax, Canada

#573316 Dec 14, 2012
kelliann wrote:
I was raised in church-all my life--daddy was a deacon in church-momma was a sunday school teacher--I strayed so bad--it aint funny--i became a stripper---I sinned, I drank the beer, I smoked the pot, I been married and divorced---I am a sinner!!!! But--I CAN TELL YOU GOD---JESUS IS REAL!!! MY child's car brokedown...we barely made it to New Middletown Baptist Church, I was at my wits end...The preacher told me he used to be an addict a drinker---he didn't judge me....I can NOT TELL U if JESUS is real--but I can tell u this--I was about to call it and end..I was am still at my wits end...but that preacher there....he makes me want to go to church Sunday, he is sooo real....I am still sinning....but I DO BELIEVE NOW THERE IS A HIGHER POWER
belief is NOT proof

try again

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#573318 Dec 14, 2012
Laconic Assassins wrote:
<quoted text>You would benefit. The basis of your question, when you ASK FOR PROOF THERE IS A GOD, is based on your need.
I mean, why would we care? You see, free will works likes this, it is your choice. Given that 90 plus percent of the world believes that there is a God, it is kind of like you trying to prove that earth is not a planet. You know what I mean?
90 plus % of the world does not believe that their god is your god though. If you exclude Islam which believes in your god, but some have claimed they don't, then the number that believe in your God would be something less than 1/3 of the world's population. If we are to take the number of claimed Christians relative to the number that actively follow their beliefs through attendance at a church, then we are down to a much lower number, perhaps about 10% to 20% of the world's population.

Location hidden

#573319 Dec 14, 2012
Laconic Assassins wrote:
<quoted text>Here is what you got, lost and confused. But, keep seeking and you might something that matters.
Here is the thing. You want the world to be like you, sick, impoverished, ill, confused, destitute, lost, desperatate and destined for a hell that you claim does not exist.
2 Timothy 4:3-5
King James Version (KJV)
3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.
5 But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.
The truth always finds you, but you prefer the lie that makes you sick and destroys you.
Why, considering all possible types of mentality that humans exhibit, and all forms of mental illnesses that many humans suffer from, would you deem it necessary to make an argument to another poster on a discussion site, with a Bible quote attached?
christianity is EVIL

Halifax, Canada

#573320 Dec 14, 2012
Tess wrote:
Apocalypse666 wrote:..."Prove there's a god."
Okay...Do you exist or not?
If yes, there is a God who created you.
If not, no need to consider the subject.
non sequitor FALLACY

try again

Location hidden

#573322 Dec 14, 2012
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Somebody will, any minute now.
Restricting gun ownership is, at this point, to no purpouse. Like restricting wheels.
I could buy a hobby-shop set-up in Sears Roebuck and turn out a few machine pistols a week.
And felons learn shop in prison...
As a reference point, the Brit WWII Sten gun had about five moving parts, and was manufactured for about $3.50 a copy. Full- auto 9mm.
All that may be true, but I think the lax guns laws and the fact that the USA has a higher crime rate relative to guns than does many other first world countries who don't permit handguns, and also don't have the death penalty must mean something.

It makes a good debating topic if nothing else.
christianity is EVIL

Halifax, Canada

#573323 Dec 14, 2012
endtime wrote:
**ISRAEL --- VATICAN meetings RE: MIDEAST
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =0xDE3etH0V4XX&feature=plc p
that was in 2009!!
where is that tribulation then!
LOL you morons are such gullible idiots

Since: May 11

Nottingham, UK

#573325 Dec 14, 2012
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>I hate it when that happens.
How've ya been?
Oh fine, working and playing.

you?

Location hidden

#573327 Dec 14, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!!! sure, since YOU say so......;)
Is that funny? It is widely reported that there are no records of Jews having been in Egypt. Egypt tends to have a lot of records that have been found there, yet none of them talk about Jews being slaves in that country. Perhaps that could be that they were so humiliated that they ran away that they wanted to cover it up, but somehow I find that rather not a good explanation.

Since: May 11

Nottingham, UK

#573330 Dec 14, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Jewish people were never in Egypt during that era.
The Egyptian middle kingdom was at its height around the time of that little flood that allegedly killed everyone on earth(except the 8 incestuous breeders).

Surely the Egyptians who held the Jews in bondage(allegedly) were directly related and separated by only a couple of generations.

It just doesn't compute.
Sharkey

Reno, NV

#573331 Dec 14, 2012
Laconic Assassins wrote:
<quoted text>No child you are wrong. It is actually between 80-95% of the world and some may follow different religions, but most follow the same God. It is like American history, America is still America regardless of the lies told in different historyt books. Sorry sad child, I don't have or own a God, God is God and that is it.
Hey, but athest countries who followed fascism like Nazism in East Germany are like you and only 13% of them believe in a god.
( Phys.org )-- International surveys about the depth of people’s belief in God reveal vast differences among nations, ranging from 94 percent of people in the Philippines who said they always believed in God, compared to only 13 percent of people in the former East Germany. Yet the surveys found one constant—belief in God is higher among older people, regardless of where they live.
Read more at: http://phys.org/news/2012-04-beliefgodageathe...
Atheism is strongest in northwest European countries such as Scandinavia and the former Soviet states (except for Poland). The former East Germany had the highest rate of people who said they never believed in God (59 percent); in comparison, 4 percent of Americans had that response.• The country with the strongest belief is the Philippines, where 94 percent of those surveyed said they always had believed in God. In the United States, that response came from 81 percent of people surveyed.
Read more at: http://phys.org/news/2012-04-beliefgodageathe...
People's "belief in god" has brought nothing except conflicts over what is basically bullsh!t.
At this point in the human race, with all the advanced weaponry we have and our newfound ability to make ourselves extinct in 0.5 seconds, this argument about whether there is a god or not will only lead to the dead end of the self-extinction of our species. It's not worth it anymore. It will cost us homo sapiens all of our lives if we keep fighting over this.
You are one of the ones I must thank for helping bring the entire human species to an end over some bullsh!t like belief.
Thank you for wiping out the future.
Sharkey

Reno, NV

#573333 Dec 14, 2012
Laconic Assassins wrote:
<quoted text>HAHAHAHAHHAHAAAAAAAAAA AA, try a new tactic, H Lesbum. BAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.... ....try this name "homosexuality is suicide".
Homosexuality is only suicide for YOU, Loco @ss, because you hate yourself so much.
The happy ones don't commit suicide, they find people they love and live good long lives.
Self-hatred ain't cute.
Ease up on that bitterness, Loco, and maaaaaybe Nurse Rufus might consider your offer...

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#573334 Dec 14, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
LOL! at the time when God seperated the jews through the law of moses, the pagan egyptians were holding them as slaves.
God separated the Jews? Do you mean freed them?

That's mythology. Archeology doesn't support an Egyptian captivity, a Moses, or an exodus.
waaasssuuup wrote:
AND all the surrounding nations were sacrificing their children in the 'fire of molach'. DON'T YOU KNOW ANYTHING?
I know much of what your bible claims. But I don't acknowledge its authority.
waaasssuuup wrote:
you ain't gonna win this war, pal!
War? What war? You and me? Religon vs. irreligiosity?

I hope that you and I aren't at war. I'm not at war with you. I kind of like you, although I understand that it is impossible for you to like somebody like me. The most I can expect is civility,and you have given me that, as I hope I have given you.

As for our different belief systems, they are at war - a culture war. Your church has held cultural hegemony in that department for eons, so, a lot is at stake: who will decide what normal, decent people believe in American culture.

Should decent people hate atheists? They should by your paradigm, but not by ours - secular humanists. If I'm right, watch for that to change.

I think that your church has been mortally wounded, probably the last nail coming from the advent of the Internet. It's still kicking hard, but it is fading, and it appears judging by its trajectory over the last few decades that it won't stop atrophying before it becomes irrelevant.

I hope that that is correct. If it is, it's a tale of suicide, not murder. Your church had all the power once, and we haven't even had a voice until recently. We didn't take that. We couldn't.

But now that we have a voice, however we got it, we're going to chime in and push this baby along.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#573335 Dec 14, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
"FAILED TO REVEAL HIMSELF"!!! you've simply rejected God by rejecting His Son
OK. I rejected the ghost, too.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#573336 Dec 14, 2012
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
All that may be true, but I think the lax guns laws and the fact that the USA has a higher crime rate relative to guns than does many other first world countries who don't permit handguns, and also don't have the death penalty must mean something.
It makes a good debating topic if nothing else.
Good debate, yes - although I would quibble with your use of "lax".

And the "Gun crime rate" is actually a statistical artifact - Japan, for example, has a much higher "Knife and other edged weapon" crime rate.

Just a thought.
Sharkey

Reno, NV

#573337 Dec 14, 2012
Laconic Assassins wrote:
<quoted text>Really, so why are you all constantly trying to defend homosexuality.
Oh, yuo mean, homosexuality has no defense.
Really, gosh boy, I just published the report that religion is on the rise,m while gays are dying of suicide and AIDS and dropping like flies. The only thing that increases homosexuality is pedophilia, and we are putting gays in prison by the gay loads.
Among Newport's other findings, Americans become more religious as they age, women are more religious than men, the South is the most religious region, those with high levels of income and education are the least religious, and Republicans are more religious than Democrats, with one notable exception -- blacks are the most religious and the most Democratic of any race or ethnic group.
Newport expects Americans' level of religiosity to increase over the next 20 years because the number of Americans 65 and older will double over the next 20 years. Since, historically, most people become more religious as they reach that age, the average level of religiosity for the entire population should increase if the trend continues.
Another trend that could impact religiosity in the United States is that Americans have been migrating from less religious states to more religious states over the previous decade.
The more religious people get, the more prejudiced and racist against others who are different they get.
You are the perfect example of that.
More religion will also lead to more conflict and wars as everyone is trying to have "their god" have dominance over this world.
This trend toward religion, if true, will hasten humanity's pace to self-extinction because of conflicts over bullsh!t.
We humans are trending more and more towards the extinction of our own species because of our own species.
Religion will be a very powerful tool in the mass suicide of human beings and eventually no human will be left to kill.
With religion, the future will be wiped out. By religious humans wanting to find "god" through a mass murder-suicide.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#573339 Dec 14, 2012
Laconic Assassins wrote:
<quoted text>For example, can science prove there are no unicorns? Absolutely not. How could science ever prove that unicorns don't exist? All science can do is say that scientists may have been looking for unicorns for a long time and never found any. They might therefore conclude that no one is justified in believing that unicorns exist. They might show how certain facts considered to be evidence for unicorns in the past can be explained adequately by other things. They may invoke Occam's Razor to favor a simpler explanation for the facts than that unicorns exist. But scientists can never prove unicorns themselves don't exist.
Unicorns do exist!! Although, I've never seen a unicorn horse before, so Science may have troubles proving that those types of unicorns do exists.

But for other unicorn animals - yep - they sure do!!

Why - don't you want them to exist? You don't like unicorns?

http://www.bing.com/images/search...

http://www.bing.com/videos/search...
Sharkey

Reno, NV

#573340 Dec 14, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>I'm looking at it and I don't see where it says that he created "the heavens and earth" from "nothing", or "nowhere".
Does it say WHERE it came from, though? All it says is that "he created...." all those things.
"He created" from WHAT?
If not "nowhere" then WHERE did it come from?
"Let there be light and...POOF... there was light"...out of nowhere!

“wat doet een Doozer doen?”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#573341 Dec 14, 2012
Laconic Assassins wrote:
<quoted text>Did you hear that from an atheist and simply being dumb, you have no clue.
You atheists are so gullible and desperate.
Here are some things that atheists believe are true.
1. False Fact: A scientific study on peanuts in bars found traces of over 100 unique specimens of urine.
After rigorous searching for more information, it turns out that no scientific study (or non-scientific study for that matter) has ever been conducted in to peanuts at bars. However, there was a study in ice-cubes in UK bars in 2003 which discovered that 44% of ice cubes tested contained coliform bacteria – bacteria that comes from human poop. Even more shockingly, 5% were infected with the potentially deadly E. Coli bacteria. I guess that proves that they aren’t making their ice cubes from bottled water. So, next time you are in London, pass on the ice and enjoy some peanuts instead.
2. False Fact: Elevators have killed or can kill when their cable snapped
There is a small element of truth to this “fact”– but we will get to that soon. Firstly, elevators usually have a minimum of four operating cables, as well as an inbuilt braking system and a backup braking system in the shaft which forces a wedge into the shaft to prevent too rapid a drop. If the cables were all to snap (and believe me, elevator cables are strong), the cars braking system would detect the free fall and automatically apply. If that also fails, the shaft’s braking system takes over. Now, the small element of truth I mentioned earlier is that there has been one recorded account of a complete elevator free fall; it was caused by an airplane which crashed into the Empire State Building in 1945. The crash caused the cables in the elevator to be weakened – ultimately leading to them breaking. The person riding the lift (Betty Lou Oliver) survived the 75 floor free fall because of air pressure beneath the car.
3. False Fact: You can’t fold a piece of paper in half more than 7 times
This is one we all hear regularly – and we believe it because it is true when we tried it. But, in 2002 a US high school student Britney Gallivan proved it wrong by folding a piece of thing gold leaf more than 7 times with the use of tweezers. To further prove that it could be done, she bought a giant roll of toilet paper on the internet and her and her family took it to the local mall where they attempted to fold it more than 7 times. Seven hours of folding later, they had it folded into 12 folds.
4. False Fact: Elephants are the only mammal that can’t jump
First of all, just so you know, it is true that adult elephants can’t jump – if by jumping we mean the state of having no feet on the ground at the same time after propelling oneself from a stationary position. But contrary to the popular myth that it is is the only mammal that can’t, it is joined by a few others. Firstly, the sloth is unable to jump which suits its lazy lifestyle rather well. Also, rhinoceroses and hippopotamuses also cannot jump, though unlike elephants, when they run it is possible for them to have all four feet off the ground.
5. False Fact: One dog year is equal to seven human years
This bogus fact is usually worked out so that a dog life is equal to a human life in total years, but the numbers just don’t add up. The average human life expectancy is 78, while the average dog life expectancy (in false dog years) would equal around 90 years. Furthermore, different dog breeds have dramatically different life expectancies, ranging from a short 6 years to 13 or more years (in general, the smaller the dog, the longer its life expectancy). Furthermore, dogs have a very short “childhood” and a very long middle-age, making the comparison completely invalid.
ENJOY OR JUST LET US KEEP LAUGHING AT YOU.
Is that what they teach you at westboro baptist?
Sharkey

Reno, NV

#573342 Dec 14, 2012
peter wrote:
<quoted text>
Why arent you criticising islam, no it always christianity, why because christians are civilized people and allow your free speech, while islamists will threaten to bash and kill you, so are you a muslim or just afraid of muslims?
Why SHOULD he "criticize islam" when christians do those very same things you say muslims do?
Quit playing the victim.
The elimination of the "other" (non-Christian other) is the top of the christian agenda.
If Christians can't own the world, no one will, and that's why Christians are advocating for an Armegeddon that will wipe out the whole human species, because an all-Christian world is their goal and they will kill the whole human race if they have to.
CHRISTIANS LOVE ARMEGEDDON!
THEY WANT ARMEGEDDON!
CHRISTIANS ARE INSTIGATING ARMEGEDDON

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
best hotel deals 4 min fadl1984 1
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 6 min sangili karuppan 7,635
The Christian Atheist debate 7 min emperorjohn 3,916
Ask me a trivia question (Oct '08) 20 min abbott89 213,276
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 37 min Michael 603,313
Gay sex in raigarh 1 hr Deepak 31
Rajkot gay Topix (Feb '15) 1 hr cool boy 232
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 2 hr janeebee 8,249
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 8 hr WildWeirdWillie 177,882
Sleeping with mother (Oct '13) 9 hr Moeflow5555 49
More from around the web